PDA

View Full Version : Poetry in Motion

just
6th April 2010, 06:25 PM
Sorry for the darkness, still playing around with the new camera (and to keep me anonymous8-[).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZuN46Jq86Q

Daves
6th April 2010, 06:36 PM
Where did the shot go? The take away looks good, looked a bit quick in the transition at the top to me.

just
6th April 2010, 06:38 PM
It was a draw that ended up a few metres left of the fairway. Quick transition has always been a problem.

Grunt
6th April 2010, 06:48 PM
Was that is super slow mo? I would have played the hole out before that shot was complete :)

Daves
6th April 2010, 06:50 PM
It was a draw that ended up a few metres left of the fairway. Quick transition has always been a problem.

Not a problem if it is repeatable;)

Ferrins
6th April 2010, 06:51 PM
It went 100 meters past mine.

just
6th April 2010, 06:56 PM
Was that is super slow mo? I would have played the hole out before that shot was complete :)
Yep, 210 fps.

Lucasto23
6th April 2010, 08:16 PM
looked pretty good mate, now to get your weight through better and it will fly !!!

What is the camera, i would love to seemy swing on it :smt087

just
6th April 2010, 08:26 PM
Lucas
Camera is the Casio Exilim EX-FC100.

LarryLong
6th April 2010, 09:22 PM
Impressive slo-mo on that camera, although I'm not sure about those shorts.

Is there super slo-mo audio to go with this? In my head I can hear the classic deep-voiced "Ooooooohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" that you sometimes pick up on the mic when they do a replay. :)

As for the swing, well you seem to be 'standing up' a bit around impact (which I do too, I think) but I have no idea how you would fix that or if you would even want to. The ball looks to be a little bit back in the stance too - is that something you do consciously?

Yossarian
6th April 2010, 10:04 PM
Pants are almost badds like ;)

mike
6th April 2010, 11:10 PM
Your right ankle at the 30 second mark. Ouch.

razaar
7th April 2010, 09:53 AM
Justin

Why are you playing a knock-down shot with the driver?

Minor_Threat
7th April 2010, 09:59 AM
Justin

My thoughts also.. Your weight is heavily on the front foot at setup, you basically have to reverse pivot from here to stop yourself from taking a divot with the driver!

just
7th April 2010, 10:40 AM
although I'm not sure about those shorts.

Pants are almost badds like ;)
Shorts are disgraceful, but I hadn't done any washing so I was reaching the bottom of the barrel.

Is there super slo-mo audio to go with this? In my head I can hear the classic deep-voiced "Ooooooohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" that you sometimes pick up on the mic when they do a replay. :)
Not sure Larry, first time I've used it. I'll check it out.

The ball looks to be a little bit back in the stance too - is that something you do consciously?

Justin

My thoughts also.. Your weight is heavily on the front foot at setup, you basically have to reverse pivot from here to stop yourself from taking a divot with the driver!
The ball does creep back in the stance and I'm not always conscious of it. Has always happened. Noticed after I took this and watched it so fixed it up for the remaining few holes.
I "load up" on the front foot because it's my version of Stack and Tilt, and has improved my consistency greatly, I'm trying to ensure that setup position is like the impact position and therefore simplify the swing. However it does mean I get too steep with the irons, I'm trying to fix that up.

razaar
7th April 2010, 10:52 AM
Gee I don't know mate if that is the best way to fix a fault - with another fault.

just
7th April 2010, 10:56 AM
Do you find that you pull/pull hook the driver and have a fear of releasing the clubhead?
I have no fear Ray. But I do pull/ pull hook a fair bit. Do you think I should start again?

razaar
7th April 2010, 11:20 AM
I think so. It all starts at address, if you get that wrong then there is no hope. Lets talk about the driver. It has a 460cc head on a 45" shaft with the butt end pretty much in line with the face when it is set up square. The average loft is 9.5 degrees which is very close to horizontal and needs to contact the ball on the horizontal or better on the upswing. The large head requires that it be hit from a high tee peg and the length of the shaft needs plenty of space to return to square on the forward swing.

To contact the ball on a horizontal swing path or as the clubhead starts towards the vertical, we have to be able to see the underside of the ball at address. We also need to have the body behind the ball with a body angle that will guarantee an inside attack. Can you finsh the rest of this ....

3oneday
7th April 2010, 11:24 AM
Buy a new driver.

Lucky you said it was super slow mo, the first 20 seconds were painful :lol: and yes, looks like you were hitting wedge at first glance.

just
7th April 2010, 11:35 AM
I think so. It all starts at address, if you get that wrong then there is no hope. Lets talk about the driver. It has a 460cc head on a 45" shaft with the butt end pretty much in line with the face when it is set up square. The average loft is 9.5 degrees which is very close to horizontal and needs to contact the ball on the horizontal or better on the upswing. The large head requires that it be hit from a high tee peg and the length of the shaft needs plenty of space to return to square on the forward swing.

To contact the ball on a horizontal swing path or as the clubhead starts towards the vertical, we have to be able to see the underside of the ball at address. We also need to have the body behind the ball with a body angle that will guarantee an inside attack. Can you finsh the rest of this ....
Not really, haven't got a clue. Are you saying if I put the ball forward in my stance (and buy a new driver) I'll be ticketyboo?

Lucky you said it was super slow mo, the first 20 seconds were painful :lol: and yes, looks like you were hitting wedge at first glance.
I'm still working on the editing. You should see the one I took of Jarro!

3oneday
7th April 2010, 11:42 AM
Raz is a wise man.... Buy a new driver.

razaar
7th April 2010, 11:48 AM
Not really, haven't got a clue. Are you saying if I put the ball forward in my stance (and buy a new driver) I'll be ticketyboo?

Thought I would check to see if you were with me about the address position....

just
7th April 2010, 11:52 AM
I think I get what you are saying, that I need to be behind the ball so I can hit up on it? Doesn't that just mean putting the ball more forward in the stance or is there something I'm missing?

razaar
7th April 2010, 12:22 PM
Your body angle (leaning more towards the left) promotes these:
steep backswing and forward swing paths;
an early release of the clubhead because the lower body has been taken out of the game;
an outside to in forward swing;
the pivot point in the upper chest is left of where it should be (best to be slightly right of the centre of your stance with the hips moved a touch to the left) to achieve a level /ascending blow.

just
7th April 2010, 12:32 PM
So you're saying do everything opposite to stack and tilt and lean back?

razaar
7th April 2010, 01:36 PM
No...where do I say lean back? The golf swing is balance and counter balance...there is no lean back...but there is shifting weight around a central pivot point in the upper chest. When we turn our upper body to the right our lower body moves to the left if we set up with a tilt at address, The tilt occurs because the shoulders are held parallel to the target and we grip the club with our right hand below the left. The tilt towards the right on the backswing occurs because our upper body is leaning forward at address and we want to maintain our posture and hip angles.

just
7th April 2010, 02:03 PM
Okaaaaaaaay. So what do you reckon I need to do to make my swing work? And can you explain it in simple terms or use pictures.

shazza_rs
7th April 2010, 03:12 PM
I just have one thing to say.... who's gay carry bag is that in the background? You must of been playing with a chick?

gazgolf1
7th April 2010, 03:20 PM
It works for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5UAZHeoDc

Keeping his weight left has helped Just enormously with his ballstriking. Just I think you should stick with it but work on ways to get the steepness out of your downswing. That might mean getting your ball position further forward or trying to maintain width coming in to the ball. Swinging that way requires a lot of maintenence and practice....just ask Badds.

Jarro
7th April 2010, 03:27 PM
Stick with it just, you were hitting it quite well that day.

Get that ball position a bit further forward though ..... i've noticed it tends to creep back a bit with you now and then.

kingslayer33
7th April 2010, 03:34 PM
hey Just have you ever been on a launch monitor?

Only guessing but you would be lucky to get into the double digits with a swing that speed ;) And a pretty long pause to start with too. Do you ever worry about nerves freezing you up before you hit?

Camera looks like it does some good super slo-mo though.

just
7th April 2010, 04:47 PM
I just have one thing to say.... who's gay carry bag is that in the background? You must of been playing with a chick?
You should know, you had one. It belongs to Ferrins, he likes it a lot.

Keeping his weight left has helped Just enormously with his ballstriking. Just I think you should stick with it but work on ways to get the steepness out of your downswing. That might mean getting your ball position further forward or trying to maintain width coming in to the ball. Swinging that way requires a lot of maintenence and practice....just ask Badds.

Stick with it just, you were hitting it quite well that day.

Get that ball position a bit further forward though ..... i've noticed it tends to creep back a bit with you now and then.
Thanks gents.

hey Just have you ever been on a launch monitor?

Only guessing but you would be lucky to get into the double digits with a swing that speed ;) And a pretty long pause to start with too. Do you ever worry about nerves freezing you up before you hit?

Camera looks like it does some good super slo-mo though.
There are more expensive options but this one does a good job for the price as well as being a good point and shoot camera.

razaar
7th April 2010, 05:30 PM
Okaaaaaaaay. So what do you reckon I need to do to make my swing work? And can you explain it in simple terms or use pictures.
Hit the inside part of the ball.
From the top swing under the left shoulder from inside back through the address position.
Swing the hands down along the hip line.
Keep the eyes on the inside bottom part of the ball until it disappears off the tee (driver).

Just a few pictures to think about.

markTHEblake
7th April 2010, 05:48 PM
That is the second longest wait for a golf swing to start ever, but at least G69's had some entertainment (if waggles like an overweight belly dancer is entertainment).
And you need to buy new shorts, not a driver.

just
7th April 2010, 06:47 PM
And you need to buy new shorts, not a driver.
Well duh Captain Obvious.

henno
7th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Don't listen to these idiots, just. Those shorts are legendary.

kingslayer33
7th April 2010, 06:58 PM
Those shorts are legendary.

Henno is that "the legen... wait for it... DARY!" that Barney Stinson has been known to refer to?

Eag's
7th April 2010, 06:58 PM
Just, stick with what is comfortable mate, your ball striking has improved out of sight since you headed down this path.
If you are going to work on anything though it should be your putting.

TourFit
8th April 2010, 04:09 PM
OK Just...

1) But a new driver
2) Work on your putting
3) Buy new shorts
4) Move the ball further forward in your stance
5) "Try" and decipher & put into practice what Ray was saying (draw pictures)
6) Keep doing everything the same, you are fab
7) Learn more about the camera

Did I miss anything?? Nothing else??

Oh wait - start gripping and re-gripping the club in the pre shot freeze, wear Adidas gear and learn Spanish !!!!

3oneday
8th April 2010, 07:18 PM
and Buy A NEW driver !

razaar
8th April 2010, 07:45 PM
Justin

I need a Ping driver to go with your old Ping 4-wood and 21* rescue. Listen to 3OD...he knows.;)