PDA

View Full Version : Putting mirrors.

gazgolf1
6th April 2010, 04:09 PM
Anyone tried one of these?, I've heard they help with clubface alignment etc.
Thinking about grabbing one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PUTTING-MIRROR-GOLF-TRAINING-AID-NEW-IN-PACKAGE_W0QQitemZ110508090429QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Golf_Accessories?hash=item19bacba43d

sms316
6th April 2010, 04:14 PM
Got one at home if you want to have a run with it. They are a great training aid. The fella that runs that eBay business is the guy who set myself and the bride up on a blind date.

IanO
6th April 2010, 04:20 PM
I have the "Yes" one and it is great

Jarro
6th April 2010, 04:20 PM
Got one at home if you want to have a run with it. They are a great training aid. The fella that runs that eBay business is the guy who set myself and the bride up on a blind date.

I'll bet your missus left him negative feedback then :roll:

Gaz, you don't need any of those putting aids

Eag's
6th April 2010, 04:21 PM
I'll bet your missus left him negative feedback then :roll:

Gold!! :lol:

gazgolf1
6th April 2010, 04:29 PM

Yeah mate i would'nt mind. i'll get back to you.

virge666
6th April 2010, 06:18 PM
Ray Cook did a great Mirror putting system.

grandmasterb
6th April 2010, 07:02 PM
I've used YES & Callaway one's before, certainly helps with alignment over the ball/head position.

I couldn't believe how far off i was when i first used one...

Bruce
6th April 2010, 08:39 PM
I hope I didn't chop you out Gaz as I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it.

Yossarian
6th April 2010, 09:05 PM
Do they show you how good you look at the same time?

MegaWatty
7th April 2010, 02:04 AM
I have the same one in the OP, and the painted lines have peeled off the top of it after very little use! Careful I say.

gazgolf1
7th April 2010, 05:42 AM
I hope I didn't chop you out Gaz as I pulled the trigger as soon as I saw it.

No worries Bruce, let me know what its like.

gazgolf1
7th April 2010, 05:43 AM
I have the same one in the OP, and the painted lines have peeled off the top of it after very little use! Careful I say.

Thanks, yeah it did look ike a cheapy.

sms316
7th April 2010, 06:20 AM
I've had mine for 6 months and haven't had any issues. Do you leave yours in the boot of your car?

razaar
7th April 2010, 07:14 AM
Gaz
You can do a similar thing with the left hand after you set yourself up at address. Let go of the putter with your left hand and form the hand and forearm into a straight line. Bring the thumb and fingers to almost eye level so that it lines the ball and target vertically, with your eyes just seeing over the outside of the finger line. The beauty of this exercise is that you can carry it on to the course to spot check your alignment and eye position.:)

solarman
7th April 2010, 08:39 AM
6121How you get it home !!

Bushka
7th April 2010, 03:54 PM
Gaz
You can do a similar thing with the left hand after you set yourself up at address. Let go of the putter with your left hand and form the hand and forearm into a straight line. Bring the thumb and fingers to almost eye level so that it lines the ball and target vertically, with your eyes just seeing over the outside of the finger line. The beauty of this exercise is that you can carry it on to the course to spot check your alignment and eye position.:)

I don't get it :(

idgolfguy
7th April 2010, 04:55 PM
Gaz
You can do a similar thing with the left hand after you set yourself up at address. Let go of the putter with your left hand and form the hand and forearm into a straight line...
Sounds complicated - so it should work.
However, I require pictures for my feeble mind to understand the instructions.

IanO
7th April 2010, 05:29 PM
+2 - no idea what he means :shock:

Captain Nemo
8th April 2010, 08:22 AM
Get the eyline one, has nice rails!
http://www.eyelinegolf.com/EyeLine_Putting_Mirror_p/eyelinemirror.htm

razaar
8th April 2010, 08:36 AM
+2 - no idea what he means :shock:
That sounds familiar.;)
Try again it is a left handed salute action in the putting stance where the thumb side of the fingers are brought up to the bridge of the nose so that the eyes can just see over the outside edge of the top finger. If you can't see the ball in your stance then your eyes are on the outside of the ball. If you can just see the full ball your eyes are directly over the ball. This drill has the added benefit of getting your face parallel with the putting surface, which is a real plus to seeing the correct line.

sms316
8th April 2010, 08:38 AM
Just drop a ball from your eyes and see where it lands.

Just make sure you do it after finishing the hole.

IanO
8th April 2010, 09:41 AM
:smt115

gazgolf1
8th April 2010, 06:30 PM
Tried putting with my eyes outside the line, feels good, might try it Sunday.