PDA

View Full Version : Any VooDoo love around here?

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 04:25 PM
I'm thinking about trying an SVS6 but there doesn't seem to be much talk about it. So who has one (enter 3OD), and what's it like?

Jarro
5th April 2010, 05:01 PM
I tried Peter_rs' Adams 9015D with the stock VooDoo and it felt great ..... very solid and a lot of kick in that shaft 8)

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 05:18 PM
I tried Peter_rs' Adams 9015D with the stock VooDoo and it felt great ..... very solid and a lot of kick in that shaft 8)

That'd be my exact setup. Shame I can't try Daggs' setup. :(

Jarro
5th April 2010, 05:21 PM
They're not that expensive ATM.

If you could get one at a good price i'd say it'd be a worthwhile investment.... even if you haven't hit one ;)

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 05:21 PM
$109 delivered.

Jarro
5th April 2010, 05:22 PM
$109 delivered.

Buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!

KristianJ
5th April 2010, 05:24 PM
I saw that price on the Bay as well, MW...I'm half tempted to grab one to try in my 9015D, even though the JAVLNFX M7 is working quite well. Seems a very good price compared to the prices that they're going for in the US.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 05:29 PM
Seems dirt bloody cheap!

I think they have labelled the VS7 incorrectly though. I was looking at getting a SVS7 for my 3 wood as well, but they are listing a RVS7 as Stiff. I'm guessing that's what the first letter means in the shaft name. S for stiff and R for reg?

TheNuclearOne
5th April 2010, 05:32 PM
Yup.

KristianJ
5th April 2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.aldila.com/products.php?product=2

Would seem that way.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 05:35 PM
Hmm the specs on his ebay page also has the specs for a stiff version rather than the reg. I'll flick him a query.

Jees I hope I'll be able to load this puppy!

3oneday
5th April 2010, 05:41 PM
$109 delivered when folk are selling them for $200USD ?

Is it too good to be true ?

I thought the Titty Voodoo felt better personally ;)

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 05:45 PM
$109 delivered when folk are selling them for $200USD ?

Is it too good to be true ?

I thought the Titty Voodoo felt better personally ;)
He's also got NVs. :)

Daves
5th April 2010, 05:50 PM
Hmm the specs on his ebay page also has the specs for a stiff version rather than the reg. I'll flick him a query.

Jees I hope I'll be able to load this puppy!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALDILA-VooDoo-SVS6-Reg-Stiff-or-X-Flex_W0QQitemZ320506549704QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Go lf_Accessories?hash=item4a9fadd5c8

These the ones you are talking about? Just bought some NVs off him.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 05:53 PM
Yup

3oneday
5th April 2010, 06:06 PM
Check this out http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/Clubmaking-Products-/47323/i.html?_nkw=voodoo&_catref=1&_dmpt=Golf_Clubs&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

How can $89 be for a real shaft ?

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 06:08 PM
I was very dubious about the pricing. I'm thinking it might be a pull...I guess it's still new if it's a pull but never been hit???

Are his NV's at $49 plus $20 postage at the right price?

3oneday
5th April 2010, 06:11 PM
Don't know about the NV either, one seller in the US is at $40 a piece.

Unless he has some contact at Aldila, or he hijacked a truck. $40 difference between their crap shaft and their top line shaft is dodgy.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 06:15 PM
I've sent the question about it being a pull and their authenticity. He responded to the first question about SVS7 stock pretty quickly and also included his mobile number. It seems strange to have stock of different flexes and weights if they weren't genuine. Surely a fake VooDoo wouldn't have the very obvious inner core in it?

Daves
5th April 2010, 06:18 PM
Don't know about the NV either, one seller in the US is at $40 a piece.

Unless he has some contact at Aldila, or he hijacked a truck. $40 difference between their crap shaft and their top line shaft is dodgy.

Golf List/Tornys have the NVs for $52 so seems to be around the going rate.

Not sure about the Voodoos?, I thought about getting one too but the price seemed to be too good so I hesitated for now. Suspect they are made for pulls, but you can only ask. He has been good to deal with so far.

Oldplayer
5th April 2010, 06:23 PM
I had a svs6 put into my 905r head a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. It feels very stable and seems to load well and release with good kick. It dosen't however feel too active in the tip so I can go after one if I wish. I have it in stiff but for an aftermarket shaft I would have to say it plays a little soft to flex. Although it is not too whippy for me it wouldn't want to be any softer. It has worked very well in the titleist and the combo has produced some very solid and long results. Tradjectory is mid to mid-high. Everyone is different of course but this shaft has been an excellent fit for me and I would certainly recommend it. For the record I paid $180 fitted.

Tomson
5th April 2010, 06:45 PM
I have some pretty good contacts and the cheapest I have seen are no where near that price, and a voodoo for $180 fitted thats cheap as well.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 06:49 PM
I've left a message for him to give me a buzz...

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 08:01 PM
I spoke to the guy on the phone and was told they are the real deal and that they are an over shipment to the Aussie disty that just wants to clear them.

So I've dived in and ordered one for my Driver and one for my 3 wood. If any WA blokes want any, let me know tonight and I will buy them tonight before paying tomorrow morning for them.

Wish me luck!

3oneday
5th April 2010, 08:02 PM
Good luck, you must be due for some by now :shock:

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 08:04 PM
LOL!

I reckon you're right. We'll see what happens with the Tour 360's during the week. Surely something has to go wrong there first!

:roll:

Daves
6th April 2010, 10:50 AM
My NVs arrived today (only ordered on Thursday!) Very well packaged and each shaft in the original plastic, with factory stickers etc. So tempted to order a Voodoo or two!

MegaWatty
6th April 2010, 10:56 AM
My NVs arrived today (only ordered on Thursday!) Very well packaged and each shaft in the original plastic, with factory stickers etc. So tempted to order a Voodoo or two!
He doesn't have many VooDoos left.

Lucasto23
6th April 2010, 10:56 AM
Do it, Voodoo is money :)

Daves
6th April 2010, 10:57 AM
Do it, Voodoo is money :)

Ho pimp!:lol:

Lucasto23
6th April 2010, 10:58 AM
;) you know you want one and it's like the AMG to those NV's you bought anyway :)

TourFit
6th April 2010, 11:12 AM
The Voodoo is a good shaft...as it should be for the price they go for !! They are designed to be an active tip / softer playing shaft (hence the recent realease of the stiffer tipped version, the NV Voodoo, which is a green colour funnily enough!)

That shaft profile should suit your feel characteristics MW, a little kick and tip feel with a slightly higher launch angle. At that price you should just go for it.

I was 'thinking' of getting you to get me one, but I have so many untouched shafts lying around that I'd better start using them first !!!

Daves
6th April 2010, 11:30 AM
;) you know you want one and it's like the AMG to those NV's you bought anyway :)

The Voodoos are a little higher launch than the NVs and that is my main hesitation (Mid vs Lower/Mid). The NV Voodoo would probably be ideal, but he doesn't have any of those:cry:

I have swung the made for Voodoos in Tittys and Cobras and they are soft as you know. They also launched a bit higher than I like. Torque in the made fors is 4*+, vs 3.5* in the real deals. Has anyone tipped one to see how they firm up?

Lucasto23
6th April 2010, 12:09 PM
not yet, but soon so will let you know. Just as a side note daves, i little more lauch increases carry and generally overall distance ;)
Having watched you drive a ball, high launch angle is not a problem for you :)

sms316
6th April 2010, 12:18 PM
The Voodoos are a little higher launch than the NVs

Really? I couldn't get the Voodoo off the ground. Horrible shaft.

TourFit
6th April 2010, 12:49 PM
Really? I couldn't get the Voodoo off the ground. Horrible shaft.

Try picking it up...hold at the thin, soft, rubbery end

MegaWatty
8th April 2010, 04:31 PM
Shafts arrived today via express courier! Great service and they're the real deal!

If they still have em...and you want some VooDoo....go get em!!!

TourFit
8th April 2010, 04:47 PM
Does that mean I am to expect a visit sometime next week ?? ;)

MegaWatty
8th April 2010, 05:15 PM
Does that mean I am to expect a visit sometime next week ?? ;)

Tomorrow? ;)

Daves
8th April 2010, 05:21 PM
I am about to order a couple, anyone else in Brisbane wanting one? before I pull the trigger.

Daves
8th April 2010, 07:33 PM
I am about to order a couple, anyone else in Brisbane wanting one? before I pull the trigger.

Last call!

3oneday
8th April 2010, 08:16 PM
Shafts arrived today via express courier! Great service and they're the real deal!
how do you know ?

Nice work though :)

MegaWatty
8th April 2010, 08:18 PM
The Aldila markings on the top of the shafts that are handwritten are normally a good indication. Also, the VooDoo S-Core internals are clearly visible.

TourFit
9th April 2010, 11:26 AM
Missed your post MW about tomorrow...(now today!).

Erm, may be pushing it. But why not give me a call after lunch and see how I'm travelling...you never know?

I'm betting they will be the shiznit for you...if not, then STOP !!!

MegaWatty
9th April 2010, 11:33 AM
You reckon chuck it in my 9.5 or my 10.5 gamer?

MegaWatty
9th April 2010, 11:53 AM
Interesting thing about the two shafts. The VS6 is made in China and the VS7 Taiwan.

TourFit
9th April 2010, 12:39 PM
Put the Voodoo in your non VS Proto head...don't mess with it for now!! At least then you'll have ONE driver that is working.

Test the Voodoo in the other 9015D, and set it up for swingweight, length and flex (feel will be the same)...then if it needs alteration for ballflight or spin, swap it over to the other head.

Ultimately it may end up better in the 9.5 head, BUT that will depend how you hit the ball trajectory wise. You are a relatively low hitter yes?? If so the 10.5 may be better because the head is still low spin so the loft would help !!! Maybe. Testing first is good.

MegaWatty
9th April 2010, 12:48 PM
Mid ball flight.

Of course, who knows what both the lofts truly are?

TourFit
9th April 2010, 01:51 PM
I can measure them for you !!!! Will be within 0.5* or so to REAL measurement.

As a side note, it is sometimes difficult to TRULY measure, accurately, deep faced drivers due to the face roll that's built in to the club...below the 'centre point' (for want of a better term) the loft is usually lower as you move down the face and higher as you move upwards from the centre.

Generally, that is why a lot of people find they have better results when they tee the ball up higher...usually due to hitting the ball, in reality, with slightly MORE loft. That helps a lot more people than you would think (especially 'cos most people buy drivers with not enough loft!!!)

MegaWatty
9th April 2010, 06:31 PM
The shafts are installed into a 9015D and BUL 3 wood.

TourFit has confirmed that they'd be genuine knowing where they have come from. :)