PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Looking for a game in Sydney, Sunday 11th April

shavey
4th April 2010, 06:54 PM
I'll be down for work and keen to have a hit. Probably flying in early Sunday AM so mid-morning tee time will suit.

Pup has unfortunately advised that the greens at NSW are crap ATM so open to suggestions and playing partners. I'm staying at Potts Point and without a car so somewhere on that side of town would be beneficial.

Grunt
4th April 2010, 07:54 PM
I could get us on Royal Botany possibly. Not too crash hot but fits all the location requirements.

jimandr
4th April 2010, 08:12 PM
As far as Sunday Open Days in Sydney East is concerned, Eastlake might be the best option. If something is agreed upon over the next day or so, I'm free to play.

shavey
4th April 2010, 08:21 PM
Played this with Pup last time I was down and quite enjoyed it.

Appreciate if options are limited but would like to play elsewhere. Only other course I've played was The Coast.

Grunt
4th April 2010, 08:40 PM
What time do you class as mid morning?

shavey
4th April 2010, 08:51 PM
Nothing booked yet but could probably get in by 9am so straight after that.

Would still love to play NSW unless the greens are unplayable.

Grunt
4th April 2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry but 9 is still early morning for me, I have kayak practice/paddling till around 10:30. maybe next time Shavey

shavey
4th April 2010, 08:56 PM
Otherwise, we can do an afternoon tee time... just thought the AM would have suited.

Grunt
4th April 2010, 08:58 PM
pm tee time suits me better, but go with the majority. Dont cater for me as golf was not really on the agenda for next Sunday anyway.

ParMaster
5th April 2010, 05:34 PM
The greens at NSW are nearly the worst in Sydney at the moment. I mean you can play there if you like on Sunday, but it really is bordering on a joke. There are some temps in play as well.

We have got possibly 4 people here wanting a game, anybody got some suggestions? I'm easy to play anywhere as long as it's not more than 30 bucks.

KristianJ
5th April 2010, 05:37 PM
If it's a social hit, I might be able to join in for PM.

ParMaster
5th April 2010, 05:55 PM
I only do comp games Kristian.. sorry.

Grunt
5th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Don't count me in for anything as I said I am paddling in the morning and now I have something on in the afternoon.

ParMaster
5th April 2010, 06:03 PM
Ok Grunt.

Any interest to get a game up for Sunday? Any preferences Shavey/Jim?

jimandr
5th April 2010, 08:55 PM
To be honest, if Shavey doesn't want to play Eastlake again (and I don't blame him), he'd be better off enjoying the scenery and other attractions of NSW, regardless of what the greens are like.

I can't think of a viable open day Sunday option within 20 minutes of the City.

I don't mind missing out if Pup wants to host Shavey. There are plenty of other opportunities for me to play golf with other Ozgolfers.

ParMaster
5th April 2010, 09:03 PM
Jim I don't really care. TBH I don't want to go back to NSW untill the greens are fine, because putting anything over 1 foot is a lottery.

I will let Shavey decide, I'm easy.

ParMaster
7th April 2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah I am out of this. If I played on Sunday then I'd be playing 6 days of golf in a row, and with the Aussie Junior coming up, I don't want to be tired for it. :)

shavey
7th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Understand boys, maybe next time...

ParMaster
7th April 2010, 08:17 PM
Definately Shavey.