PDA

View Full Version : Qld: NQ OZgolfers - End of Year

Ned
3rd April 2010, 11:14 PM
In between Solarman's Randoms today, Haysey and I were discussing the pro's and con's of an end of year bash.

Something along the lines of either a 2 or 3 round get together.

Late November, early December. Something that fits with Posts #2, 3 & 5:roll:

Friday afternoon social.
Saturday morning/mid morning game after a breaky somewhere.
Saturday afternoon around the pool some where and a enjoyable dinning venue for dinner.
Sunday morning/mid morning game after a breaky somewhere.

Port area comes to mind for accommodation and venues.

Friday (Mirage if price is reasonable other wise Mossman)
Saturday (Mossman)
Sunday (Sea Temple)

Friday would be hit and giggle

Saturday would be Single Stab with a pick a partner to combine scores

Sunday would be Single Stab to make up 36 hole.

Again these are only suggestions, I've added a Poll to gauge simple yes or no interest.

haysey
4th April 2010, 06:18 AM
The only drama I can see is it would be xmas party season. It may be difficult to find a suitable weekend that doesn't clash with other activities.

Pending a date that I can do. I like it:smt023

Courty
4th April 2010, 06:38 AM
Wot Big Bird sed.

Chopper71
4th April 2010, 07:21 AM
The only drama I can see is it would be xmas party season. It may be difficult to find a suitable weekend that doesn't clash with other activities.

Wot Big Bird sed.

You may just have to drop the other 3 days you play a week :mrgreen:

Ned
4th April 2010, 08:23 AM

Ho'ing, avoiding Solarman, Ho'ing, picking on Cookie, Ho'ing, Hanging out of Tomson's Toy Shed.:roll:

:wink:

Wot Big Bird sed.

Under some ones desk, Ho'ing, Banning, Ho'ing, Giving critique on music play lists, Ho'ing, Banning, Hanging out of Tomson's Toy Shed.:roll:

:wink:

So as you have both identified challenges, identify solutions.!!!:smt021

:mrgreen:

haysey
4th April 2010, 09:26 AM
Trouble is that I will have at least 2 (and maybe even 4) christmas parties that I'm going to be expected to attend. I have no idea at this point when exactly they'll be other than sometime between beginning November and December 25th

I know the discussion we had was centered around being after the champs. But maybe it'd be an idea to consider earlier. Late July through August might be worth a look at as well?

FWIW. I know this is not all about me (Please don't ban me Captain Courty:razz:) If the majority want to work around the end of the year . Then I'll do my best to be there.

Tomson
4th April 2010, 09:34 AM
that would suit me better if is was around july/ august time, or before the champs even.

Ned
4th April 2010, 10:41 AM
Trying to stay away from the Champs area, we are all going so dollars/time is a consideration.

But if its around that time then a suggestion is the Millaa Millaa Open weekend.

Ive been going to it for over 10 years, they really look after you, the weather is usually spot on and there is a couple of nice B & B's around there.

solarman
6th April 2010, 01:44 PM
Port Douglas would be great, as then Courty and Tomson can stay at Turtle Cove and rub body lotion onto each other as they watch the sun go down......probably not the only thing that would be going down.

Stewy and Chatto can hide in the bushes near there and take photos like they usually do.

I myself will stay at the swingers resort.....although I was kicked out last time because all the husbands got jealous of the appendage I possess.
One commented that she thought it was a third leg !!!

sms316
6th April 2010, 01:47 PM
:lol:

You really are an odd unit.

haysey
6th April 2010, 01:53 PM
You really are a bad man Bob:razz:

solarman
6th April 2010, 01:55 PM
Trying to stay away from the Champs area, we are all going so dollars/time is a consideration.

But if its around that time then a suggestion is the Millaa Millaa Open weekend.

Ive been going to it for over 10 years, they really look after you, the weather is usually spot on and there is a couple of nice B & B's around there.

Going to Millaa Millaa would be like watching "Deliverance"

Tomson
6th April 2010, 02:26 PM
If you ignore it, it will go away.

haysey
6th April 2010, 02:45 PM
I've tried. It doesn't work:cry:

Ned
16th April 2010, 08:06 AM
Had a chat to haysey about this last week, another option (Weather dependant) is in January.

The majority so far are in favour so whilst the 3 day voters are leading, the compromise may have to be a weekend somewhere.

If Port Douglas is out but the weather has been kind to the Tablelands maybe a Mareeba/Atherton or a Mareeba/Millaa Millaa

solarman
16th April 2010, 08:27 AM
Surely we can do this in the third or last quarter.