PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my dilemma please :)

jaster
27th May 2004, 08:13 PM
I have a dilemma guys..the SS03 19° head that I have is still in its plastic.

It is a true PGA tour issue (straight off the Sonartec Van) that might be worth a few $$. Then again it might not be worth more than I bought it for.

Should I get a shaft put in it or should I try and make a few $ on ebay or BSG etc?

Your opinion is valued :wink:

Jarro
27th May 2004, 08:17 PM
I'd try it Jaster.

you might kick yourself later if you don't :?

jaster
27th May 2004, 08:20 PM
Forgot to mention that I have a FUJI SIX X flex 5 wood shaft ready to install :)

You forgot to vote jarro :wink:

kwantfm
27th May 2004, 08:22 PM
Jaster,

Will the SIX be a little light for a fairway wood shaft??

jaster
27th May 2004, 08:24 PM
That is what I am thinking kwantfm, I might ask on another forum to get a few opinions....apparently the SIX is a pretty tough shaft to overpower though?

Got any shafts you would recommend?

drunken
27th May 2004, 08:48 PM
where's the option "Don't be a pussy and hit the bugger" 8)

terryand
27th May 2004, 09:28 PM
Got a YS-8.1 if your keen :smt112

Terry.

jaster
27th May 2004, 09:38 PM
Got a YS-8.1 if your keen :smt112

Terry.

Very keen...but I want an X Flex 8)

terryand
27th May 2004, 09:40 PM
it a very stiff stiff and you can tip it a bit.

Terry.

jaster
27th May 2004, 09:43 PM
it a very stiff stiff and you can tip it a bit.

Terry.

Hmmm....is it currently in a club? PM me what $$ you want for it mate 8) Otherwise do you have any spare NVs lying around :P

jaster
27th May 2004, 09:44 PM
Hang on a minute...who voted NO??? Speak up!!!

terryand
27th May 2004, 09:47 PM
Its in a driver I've hit once at the range

Terry.

kwantfm
27th May 2004, 09:53 PM
How about a Vista Tour 70... or an Icon v.2 X-flex.

jaster
27th May 2004, 09:53 PM
I am for sure coming next Thursday 8) Dropping the missus off at Indro shopping and will be then coming to the range for mucho smacking of pills :shock: I guess we can talk more then? The 9.1X is a freaking good shaft....smashed an absolute bullet this afternoon on the 4th at City and only had around 60ish left....309m hole....250m 3 wood :wink:

kwantfm
27th May 2004, 09:55 PM
If memory serves though... Stuart Appleby has the SIX in his fairway woods.

jaster
27th May 2004, 09:56 PM
How about a Vista Tour 70...

Now this sounds interesting....I am pretty keen to try this shaft. I have heard very very good things...have you hit it? You know where you can get them right :wink: Only problem is I am light on funds at the moment!!

or an Icon v.2 X-flex

Need to know more about the ICONs before I am willing to take a punt!

jaster
27th May 2004, 09:58 PM
If memory serves though... Stuart Appleby has the SIX in his fairway woods.
This is exactly the reason I got it, well the real reason is that I got it for bascially FREE!!! But otherwise it was because I have read that the SIX is a great FW shaft. I might ask wise old BSG :wink:

kwantfm
27th May 2004, 10:05 PM
I can only get the Vista Tour in S-flex (rated up to 105 mph)... and not sure that my source is the most cost effective. PM me if you're interested.

Tom Watson is using the Icon v.2 in S-flex in his driver and swings at 110 mph. He is not sponsored by AccuFLEX... so it is his choice entirely. Plenty of v.2s on the Champions Tour... also being used by Ben Crenshaw and John Jacobs. Chris Couch on the PGA Tour is using it as well. AccuFLEX will be concentrating on getting their shafts in the hands of US PGA Tour pros... so you'll be hearing a lot more about them soon.

In terms of Australian pros, Scott Gardiner has the Icon v.2 (X-flex) in both driver and 3-wood and really likes it.

jaster
27th May 2004, 10:13 PM
I can only get the Vista Tour in S-flex (rated up to 105 mph)... and not sure that my source is the most cost effective. PM me if you're interested.

Tom Watson is using the Icon v.2 in S-flex in his driver and swings at 110 mph. He is not sponsored by AccuFLEX... so it is his choice entirely. Plenty of v.2s on the Champions Tour... also being used by Ben Crenshaw and John Jacobs. Chris Couch on the PGA Tour is using it as well. AccuFLEX will be concentrating on getting their shafts in the hands of US PGA Tour pros... so you'll be hearing a lot more about them soon.

In terms of Australian pros, Scott Gardiner has the Icon v.2 (X-flex) in both driver and 3-wood and really likes it.

My only concern is that this is going in a 5 wood??

That is good info about the PGA tour....I have Chris Couch on video winning last years Nationwide Tour Champs...he ROCKS!!!

McMw
28th May 2004, 12:27 AM
well...I don't know who voted the first no, but surely I did on the second!!!

why??? coz you need a reality check (kick up the butt!)... :lol:

then again, this thread has just gone off on a tangent that I am soooo unfamiliar with... :oops:
I'm a very simple man.... :wink:

jaster
28th May 2004, 05:45 AM
well...I don't know who voted the first no, but surely I did on the second!!!

why??? coz you need a reality check (kick up the butt!)... :lol:

then again, this thread has just gone off on a tangent that I am soooo unfamiliar with... :oops:
I'm a very simple man.... :wink:

And what reality do I need checking into mau? 8)
I think it is a legit question...you will need to be a little more convincing if you are going to get me to keep the head prisitne and unhit :wink: :P At this stage it has a date with the doctor on Saturday :wink:

AndyP
28th May 2004, 08:26 AM
I think it is a legit question...you will need to be a little more convincing if you are going to get me to keep the head prisitne and unhit :wink: :P At this stage it has a date with the doctor on Saturday :wink:

Did you really need to ask then? :wink:

BTW, I say hit the damn thing. I wouldn't, but I'm not you. 8)

Fishman Dan
28th May 2004, 08:55 AM
where's the option "Don't be a pussy and hit the bugger" 8)

=D> <- Slow hand-clap. Come on, you know you wanna... ;)

Jarro
28th May 2004, 09:38 AM
just hit the damn thing :smt013

jaster
28th May 2004, 11:37 AM
Starting to feel like I am on I.S.G again :roll:

AndyP
28th May 2004, 12:15 PM
Starting to feel like I am on I.S.G again :roll:
Only use the club when you will be punished off the tee with the driver, due to the strategic placement of the fairway bunkers, and will be rewarded with an easier approach. :roll:

Jarro
28th May 2004, 01:31 PM
How about a Vista Tour 70....

Terrence .... whats the difference between the Vista Pro and models :smt017

I'm looking at a NV 75S for my 3 wood .... how would a Vista Pro differ from this shaft :?:

I've heard lots of people really rave about the Vista Pro's ... can you enlighten me as to their characteristics please :?: :?

kwantfm
28th May 2004, 03:04 PM
Jarro,

I'm probably not as much of a Fuji expert as Jaster... so I won't be offended when he corrects me.

The Vista series (Pro and Tour) indicate that these shafts are made in America and not in Japan. The Vista shafts are thus the cheapest of the Fuji range.

I have hit the Vista Pro and find it to be an average shaft. Nothing outstanding and probably not worth the extra money compared to any other name brand shaft.

The Vista Tour on the other hand is stouter and more stable. Has a high kick point to keep the ball down for power hitters. Only thing is that you have to possess high swing speed to take advantage of the shaft. I have heard many people claim that they prefer this shaft to the 757.

A few comparisons have been made between the Vista Tour and the NV 75. With most people commenting that the VT is tighter and feels better than the NV. I myself have hit both the NV 65 and 75 in R and S flex and I unfortunately I just don't rate them. Very "mushy" feeling with an attendant sense that the result will be a tad "loose".

I have a Fujikura 27.3 Tour Release in one of my (many) drivers and the feel of this shaft is really good although I am still wondering if the marginal benefit in feel justifies the substantial increase in cost. Ball flight is relatively high with this shaft so that is why I didn't recommend it to Jaster.

Jarro
28th May 2004, 03:41 PM
Jarro,

I'm probably not as much of a Fuji expert as Jaster... so I won't be offended when he corrects me.

The Vista series (Pro and Tour) indicate that these shafts are made in America and not in Japan. The Vista shafts are thus the cheapest of the Fuji range.

I have hit the Vista Pro and find it to be an average shaft. Nothing outstanding and probably not worth the extra money compared to any other name brand shaft.

The Vista Tour on the other hand is stouter and more stable. Has a high kick point to keep the ball down for power hitters. Only thing is that you have to possess high swing speed to take advantage of the shaft. I have heard many people claim that they prefer this shaft to the 757.

A few comparisons have been made between the Vista Tour and the NV 75. With most people commenting that the VT is tighter and feels better than the NV. I myself have hit both the NV 65 and 75 in R and S flex and I unfortunately I just don't rate them. Very "mushy" feeling with an attendant sense that the result will be a tad "loose".

I have a Fujikura 27.3 Tour Release in one of my (many) drivers and the feel of this shaft is really good although I am still wondering if the marginal benefit in feel justifies the substantial increase in cost. Ball flight is relatively high with this shaft so that is why I didn't recommend it to Jaster.

thanks for the thoughts mate 8)

McMw
28th May 2004, 04:54 PM
I actually hit the Vista Pro something (in a 983K) the other night...

looks like the Mitsu Rayon fitting in the R540s...nice and shiny...

but an ABS PITA to hit with... :?
it felt so HEAD HEAVY that you needed to be someone like Els (6ft plus, 100K) just to have a decent whack with it...

funny thing was that it said 60 on the shaft, I assumed that was the weight - sure didn't feel like any other 60's I've swung...

I could hit it okay...but no way would I ever consider it in my drivers...

AndyP
28th May 2004, 05:43 PM
Jaster, have you hit this thing yet or what? Come on, get your act together. :P

jaster
28th May 2004, 06:40 PM
Jaster, have you hit this thing yet or what? Come on, get your act together. :P

Shaddup you noodle :smt016

AndyP
28th May 2004, 06:48 PM
:lol:

terryand
28th May 2004, 06:51 PM
I think Andy has found Jaster's button :o

Terry.

AndyP
28th May 2004, 06:53 PM

Terry.
I've been nowhere near his button, thank you Terry. :shock:

jaster
28th May 2004, 06:55 PM

Terry.
I've been nowhere near his button, thank you Terry. :shock:

LOL hey Tez....I'll give you a ring once I get the girls fed :) He has not got any chance at all by the way...cause I'VE GOT THE POWER :P

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:30 PM
Alright...shaft is in...this thing is going to be hit in the next day or so ;)

http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/fronthosel.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:31 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/inplasticsole.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:36 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/plasticunwrapping.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:37 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/untouched.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:37 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/unwrapped.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/SIX.jpg

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:40 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/jasterspics/mint.jpg

nick
30th May 2004, 06:42 PM
That is a sweet stick. Is that a driver shaft you put in it?

Nick

terryand
30th May 2004, 06:43 PM
Geez Jaster puttin a 5 wood in ya bag champ, you better take that spare skirt and handbag outa ya bag so it can fit in :wink:

Terry.

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:45 PM
That is a sweet stick. Is that a driver shaft you put in it?

Nick

Not sure mate...got it from PGASOUTPAW on BSG for nix!!! The shaft sure looks awesome and it was a shame to break the head out of it's wrapping..oh well :wink:

jaster
30th May 2004, 06:47 PM
Geez Jaster puttin a 5 wood in ya bag champ, you better take that spare skirt and handbag outa ya bag so it can fit in :wink:

Terry. :smt098 Looks like someone won't be allowed to hit it then :P

terryand
30th May 2004, 06:58 PM

Thank god I wouldn't know what to do with a ladies club :smt040

Terry.

jaster
30th May 2004, 07:02 PM

Thank god I wouldn't know what to do with a ladies club :smt040

Terry.

I suppose you should be scared as it does take skill to be able to handle one, ask Vijay, Darren Clarke, Trevor Immelman and David Toms as they are all probably big girls as well :smt036 :smt061

terryand
30th May 2004, 07:46 PM
Now let me see.Who would I like to set my bag like and mould my game like :-k Vijay, Darren Clarke, Trevor Immelman and David Toms,I don't think so :smt019

Tiger,Scotty,Phil and Ernie right on :smt023 -

I just don't see the value of having a club in your bag you might hit once a round,seeing as I use my 3 wood maybe twice a round and sometimes never, where the extra wedge would be put to more use from the scoring range and to more effect.

LIke a tour player told me why he had the extra wedge in his bag.From 100 in you want to get up and down or you excpect to and from 200+ out, you are excpecting to take 3 to get down most of the time.So you should be able to work your 3iron or 3 wood onto the green or close enough to trust your short game to get down in 3 from that far out.

Just seems to have more choices from 100 in than 200 out is common sense and more valueto me :smt102

Terry.

jaster
30th May 2004, 08:19 PM
Now let me see.Who would I like to set my bag like and mould my game like :-k Vijay, Darren Clarke, Trevor Immelman and David Toms,I don't think so :smt019

Tiger,Scotty,Phil and Ernie right on :smt023 -

I just don't see the value of having a club in your bag you might hit once a round,seeing as I use my 3 wood maybe twice a round and sometimes never, where the extra wedge would be put to more use from the scoring range and to more effect.

LIke a tour player told me why he had the extra wedge in his bag.From 100 in you want to get up and down or you excpect to and from 200+ out, you are excpecting to take 3 to get down most of the time.So you should be able to work your 3iron or 3 wood onto the green or close enough to trust your short game to get down in 3 from that far out.

Just seems to have more choices from 100 in than 200 out is common sense and more valueto me :smt102

Terry.

Phil actually alternates between a 17° 980f and a PING eye2 1 iron so take him off the list. ;) I would be quite happy to be compared to Darren Clarke or Immelman, they are awesome!!! :shock:

I don't see the point in adding another specific wedge and neither do most other low cappers and Pros....Tiger only carrys 2, Scott only carrys 2, Els only carrys 2 and so do most others. My 54° and 60° cover all the yardages that I need up to my 48° PW.

At City there is a specific need for me to have a 220m club, the 1st and the 3rd require this yardage and also the 2 par 5s at times....my 3 wood goes 230 - 250m and therefore I need a club that will give me 220m....my 2 iron was doing the job but now they have left the rough 3 inches or so long it is too hard hit a long iron with any accuracy into the 2 par 5s, hence the 5 wood.

Sorry to have disapponted you and I promise to never hit it in your presence 8) :roll: :wink: :P

AndyP
31st May 2004, 08:20 AM

About bloody time. :P 8)

Jaster, if you don't like what Terry is saying, why not just edit his posts. It's been done before. :roll:

Jarro
31st May 2004, 10:22 AM

About bloody time. :P 8)

Jaster, if you don't like what Terry is saying, why not just edit his posts. It's been done before. :roll:

careful AndyP .... or i may have to edit your post :P :lol:

Iain
31st May 2004, 11:29 AM
my 2 iron was doing the job but now they have left the rough 3 inches or so long it is too hard hit a long iron with any accuracy into the 2 par 5s, hence the 5 wood.

Why don't you hit the fairway, then you wouldn't have to worry about hitting your 2 iron out of rough?? 8) And you could take the ladies club out of the bag? :lol:

Iain

AndyP
31st May 2004, 01:00 PM
my 2 iron was doing the job but now they have left the rough 3 inches or so long it is too hard hit a long iron with any accuracy into the 2 par 5s, hence the 5 wood.

Why don't you hit the fairway, then you wouldn't have to worry about hitting your 2 iron out of rough?? 8) And you could take the ladies club out of the bag? :lol:

Iain

Remember Jaster, you have the POWER. :twisted:

jaster
31st May 2004, 06:20 PM

Iain

:roll: It's hard to get a normal answer around here :?

AndyP
31st May 2004, 06:26 PM
:roll: It's hard to get a normal answer around here :?

These are the same ppl that were telling you to use the club. :?

jaster
31st May 2004, 09:24 PM
ladies club

Seems more to it to me :roll:

McMw
31st May 2004, 11:37 PM
speaking of 2 iron or ladies clubs...
Saw the TourStage X-Blade 2 "iron" as well...
very sexy...but looks almost like a FliHi....

jaster
1st June 2004, 05:27 AM

The local Pro shop at our course has a heap of tourstage gear in, just looking through it on Sunday and noticed they had an X Blade 5 iron!! :smt055 Absolutely smick...I even like the look better than a Titleist blade. Can't beleive they are RH only :smt062 :smt102

Iain
1st June 2004, 11:07 AM

The local Pro shop at our course has a heap of tourstage gear in, just looking through it on Sunday and noticed they had an X Blade 5 iron!! :smt055 Absolutely smick...I even like the look better than a Titleist blade. Can't beleive they are RH only :smt062 :smt102

Maybe, you should swap sides!! Get all the good equipment?? :smt098

Remember Jaster, you have the POWER.

Andy, you big suck.... :smt058 :smt052 :smt060

AndyP
1st June 2004, 11:18 AM

Not at all, Iain, not at all. You see I have been abused and hurt by this power, and I just want to see other people feel the same pain. :twisted: :twisted:

Iain
1st June 2004, 11:23 AM

Not at all, Iain, not at all. You see I have been abused and hurt by this power, and I just want to see other people feel the same pain. :twisted: :twisted:

Well ok, thats alright then.... :roll:

990B Luva
1st June 2004, 03:25 PM
so hows it go Jaster

AndyP
1st June 2004, 04:55 PM
so hows it go Jaster

Obviously not very well or else he would have reported back by now. He is probably very distressed, and can't believe that we talked him into taking the wrapping off. :roll:

jaster
1st June 2004, 05:48 PM
I have hit it and have an opinion of it.

990B Luva
1st June 2004, 05:51 PM
and would that opinion be good or bad??

jaster
1st June 2004, 05:53 PM
It's good :wink:

990B Luva
1st June 2004, 05:55 PM
so AndyP was wrong

jaster
1st June 2004, 06:02 PM
AndyP is just stirring, he has no idea :roll:

AndyP
1st June 2004, 06:04 PM
so AndyP was wrong
I must've been wrong, if I was right, Jaster would have edited my post by now. :P

AndyP
1st June 2004, 06:05 PM
It's true, I have no idea. :( :wink:

jaster
1st June 2004, 06:11 PM
It's true, I have no idea. :( :wink:

Getting your post count up hey Andy..tsk, tsk, tsk :roll:

AndyP
1st June 2004, 06:13 PM
Getting your post count up hey Andy..tsk, tsk, tsk :roll:
No, you replied while I was composing my post. Am I not allowed to retort?

990B Luva
1st June 2004, 06:18 PM
NO

AndyP
1st June 2004, 06:29 PM
NO
Quiet you.

So Jaster, are you going to tell the people about the club :?:

jaster
11th June 2004, 07:14 PM
NO
Quiet you.

So Jaster, are you going to tell the people about the club :?:

The Sonartec 19° was a great club but just too long for a real 5 wood, this thing was more of a 4 wood and therefore I am selling it to raise dollars for more purchases and my new bag (thanks jarro 8) she's a beaut!!)

Jarro
11th June 2004, 07:25 PM
The Sonartec 19° was a great club but just too long for a real 5 wood, this thing was more of a 4 wood and therefore I am selling it to raise dollars for more purchases and my new bag (thanks jarro 8) she's a beaut!!)

you're most welcome :smt023

glad she's found a new home \:D/

AndyP
11th June 2004, 09:12 PM
So Jaster, in hindsight, are you glad that you took the wrapping off this thing :?:

jaster
11th June 2004, 09:14 PM
So Jaster, in hindsight, are you glad that you took the wrapping off this thing :?:

Yep :) At least I know what it can do, if I hadn't of taken it off who knows :?: :lol:

Thanks for the push guys :P

hackin jim
12th June 2004, 09:26 AM
Jaster, obviously a little too late but have a 41.25" Fuji TRTI46 TourSpec just sitting here that may have been nice to try in that head. 8)

jaster
12th June 2004, 09:54 AM
I still need a shaft for the V steel ;) What are the specs for that shaft? X flex?

hackin jim
13th June 2004, 01:01 PM
Jaster,

The TRTI46 I have is stiff not X, sorry. :( I asked the source of the shaft but he could not provide any info on the tipping history either. I also posed the :?: to BSG and TSG if someone had a reference measurment but nothing. Just FYI the specs are 95g 3.6° torque with midhigh kick.

Ever thought of a 757 in your V-steel :?: I am pulling the x-flex 757 I have in my smoothie...just too stiff for me in that club. The smoothie played @ 42.25" with this 41.75" shaft.

Let me know if you are interested in it :D

jaster
13th June 2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info, could be interested in the 757..we'll see :)