PDA

View Full Version : So much for helping a neighbour

Coffs_Hacker
29th March 2010, 07:44 PM
Neighbour over our back fence is extending his house and asked for access to his back yard via the side of our house. I agreed so long as they didn't break anything. Came home this arvo to a broken side gate, lawn chewed up and all the pavers at the side of the house look like a 4wd trail. Turns out the Bcat made about 80 trips through our yard removing all the rubbish from the back of his yard. We were told they wanted to get access to level out the ground.

F in annoyed so now have to confront neighbour to get it fixed. Just as the lawn was looking nice too.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv180/Coffs_hacker/yard/th_IMG_1948.jpg (http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv180/Coffs_hacker/yard/?action=view&current=IMG_1948.jpg) http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv180/Coffs_hacker/yard/th_Pavers1.jpg (http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv180/Coffs_hacker/yard/?action=view&current=Pavers1.jpg)

Minor_Threat
29th March 2010, 07:47 PM
Doesn't look good mate..

Good luck with it all!

Eag's
29th March 2010, 07:52 PM
That is a bloody low act, your neighbour is a real dropkick :smt011

henno
29th March 2010, 07:56 PM
It may just be the bobcat driver that's the dropkick. Either way, one of them has to fix it.

Minor_Threat
29th March 2010, 07:58 PM
I know it is besides the point but the paving wasn't too crash hot to start with if a Bobcat did that damage? You sure the tipper didn't drive on it also?

Scoot
29th March 2010, 08:13 PM
Bobcats weigh a lot, and tear up the ground a considerable amount.

You should not be confronting your neighbour. He (Or the Builder) should have been on your doorstep when you got home telling you how they are going to fix it.

Don't be afraid to let them both know how unhappy you are. Don't be afraid to take it further if it's not fixed on reasonable terms.

Both the Builder and the Bobcat driver would have been well aware of the damage that it was going to cause.

I hope they sort it out for you.

Scoot
29th March 2010, 08:14 PM
It may just be the bobcat driver that's the dropkick.

Bobcte drivers are there to drive where they are told to.

henno
29th March 2010, 08:16 PM

Often the builder is the bobcat driver as well. Either way, they would have known it would tear up the yard like you said.

TheTrueReview
29th March 2010, 08:33 PM

Often the builder is the bobcat driver as well. Either way, they would have known it would tear up the yard like you said.

Either way, I'm guessing it wasn't a meeting of two intellectual giants.

I'm surprised there wasn't an impromptu latrine dug in the backyard as well.

Scoot
29th March 2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry Henno, just realised that my post may have come across a bit rude.

Just meant to say that like many subbies, Bobcat drivers do not care about what they do, they just do what they are told.

If I drove a bobcat as well, I'd be a bit worried about my company.

I don't know of any Builders that drive a bobcat, except one, who does very little building and just drives for other Builders.

AndyP
29th March 2010, 08:37 PM
We had a guy come in on one of those Kanga things to level the ground, but he definitely made plenty of trips back and forth, as levelling requires taking soil/clay away. The grass looked nothing like the mess yours is in though.

Eag's
29th March 2010, 08:42 PM
It may just be the bobcat driver that's the dropkick. Either way, one of them has to fix it.

If I asked my neighbour if I could use his yard to access mine, I would be there to make damn sure nothing was damaged.
It's the least he could have done.

mike
29th March 2010, 08:49 PM
It may just be the bobcat driver that's the dropkick.
What an idiot. He would've been well aware of the damage he was doing.

Either way, one of them has to fix it.
Exactly.

Eldrick
29th March 2010, 09:09 PM
they smashed those pavers
looks like you have had a bit of rain lately too
they should have realized that it would do some damage and double check with the your neighbor and yourself

when we had some concreting done the guys was quite upfront about how much it would tear up the lawn i.e ankle deep gouges

Coffs_Hacker
29th March 2010, 09:26 PM
They didn't tear the lawn up, just the amount of trips had pushed the soil down, but yeah he knew he was damaging the pavers and kept going.

Spoke to neighbour tonight and he told me he was at work when it was done but he had been informed that new soil, and turf will be laid and the builder will be around first thing to look at the pavers and how to fix it. Thankfully none are broken, just pushed down from the Bcat.

damoocow
29th March 2010, 10:27 PM
I think you should ask the neighbour if you can have some access to his yard for some building work you're doing.

Moe Norman
29th March 2010, 11:03 PM
yeah take Damo's advice, have a confrontation - despite the neighbour fixing it for you as he should

MegaWatty
29th March 2010, 11:27 PM
****ing your neighbours grass, 5 cases.

Daggs
30th March 2010, 06:11 AM
Id say the neighbor is just as pissed as you are ultimately hes going to pay for damages not the builder. I know i would be...

goughy
30th March 2010, 06:20 AM
Good thing they didn't ask to use your toilet! Bobcat tracks are impossible to get out of carpet...

May fall under your neighbours responsibility, but the driver/builder is a douche if he didn't tell them all that would happen. Will be a bitch for your neighbour if they have to cough up.

mike
15th April 2010, 08:05 PM
Fixed?