PDA

View Full Version : 580XD TP tour Head only

nudgee
26th March 2005, 01:02 PM
I have for sale a mint head only Taylor Made 580 XD TP Tour - 8.5*.

Can get pics if you are interested.

Looking for $350 AUD - including headcover and shipping.

Bonus if it sells this easter weekend, I will throw in a sleeve of either the new 2005 ProV1X ball or a Sleeve of the new Bridgestone B330 Golf Ball.

Cheers.

Jono
26th March 2005, 04:42 PM
I have for sale a mint head only Taylor Made 580 XD TP Tour - 8.5*.

Can get pics if you are interested.

Looking for $350 AUD - including headcover and shipping.

Bonus if it sells this easter weekend, I will throw in a sleeve of either the new 2005 ProV1X ball or a Sleeve of the new Bridgestone B330 Golf Ball.

Cheers.

I know Jarro has explained it to me already, but I am having trouble grasping the concept. So is this tour van stuff or retail TP stuff? Does it sit slightly OPEN or SQUARE? Legal COR, I presume? Do you know the tip diameter (.335? .350?) do you know how much it weighs? 200 grams?

Sorry for all the questions ... :roll: :lol:

nudgee
26th March 2005, 07:57 PM
Jono,

There is no retail version of the 580 XD TP unlike the 510 TP. If you have a 580 XD TP, it is a tour club - plain and simple.

Has a O.335 tip size - sits perfectly square - weight is 202 grams.

Sole plate of a 580 XD TP Tour is completely different to a retail non TP version as there is no such thing as a retail TP. Has the TP crest logo. Different centre of gravity - totally different sound to chinky retail sound - more piercing flight and lower spin blah blah blah...... :roll:

Confused :wink:

McMw
26th March 2005, 11:27 PM
Jono, I've seen a TP 580XD before...played with a scratch m'sian amateur player last year...and he got it off the tour van during the malaysian open 2004...

looks nothing like ur standard r580xd head....it looks like the normal 580 actually...very boring... :lol:

no serial number on the one he had, so I assumed it's not the case for all the tp heads...

in terms of performance, hard to say...i didn't get to try it... :(

Jono
27th March 2005, 04:14 AM
looks nothing like ur standard r580xd head....it looks like the normal 580 actually...very boring... :lol:

in terms of performance, hard to say...i didn't get to try it... :(

I am sure I can take Nudgee's word on the performance ... I actually prefer the XD look over the 580 ... XD has a deeper face, no? So is the tour version a bit shallower? I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of it on the net.

Jono
27th March 2005, 04:29 AM
I found some pics on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47335&item=7143684298&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47335&item=7144338200&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I see what you mean, Mau. The Sole plate is not as "exciting" as the regular XD ... :wink: :lol:

However, the face looks to be just as deep as the regular XD? Nudgee, can you confirm this?

Speirsy11
27th March 2005, 06:56 AM
Jono

I've hit a few XD TPs and can say that the face is just as deep as the retail, but the flight and feel are very different. Lower spin and boring flight, just as everyone says. It's also very forgiving too, being 440cc or something, it should be I guess......

Speirsy

Jono
27th March 2005, 11:21 AM
Jono

I've hit a few XD TPs and can say that the face is just as deep as the retail, but the flight and feel are very different. Lower spin and boring flight, just as everyone says. It's also very forgiving too, being 440cc or something, it should be I guess......

Speirsy

Thanks, Rob. How does the XD TP head compare with the R7 TP head. Some size and face height? Similar sound?

Speirsy11
27th March 2005, 12:43 PM
Jono

Speirsy

Thanks, Rob. How does the XD TP head compare with the R7 TP head. Some size and face height? Similar sound?

The 580XD is a much bigger head size then the R7 TP and much more forgiving.

3oneday
27th March 2005, 04:49 PM
I had a 9.5* 580XD TP in my "2 week" stage I had fitted with a 55 gram NV, probably 20 yards longer than any driver I have owned for 12 months.

I quite enjoyed the size, this one was 1/2 open and really flew. One of the few regrets :oops: :oops: .

Anyway 8) :D go hard Jono, will fly miles....

Pete

terryand
27th March 2005, 04:52 PM
Hey Pete, what is that, that has popped up in your Avatar :shock: :smt017

Terry.

Jarro
27th March 2005, 05:02 PM
Hey Pete, what is that, that has popped up in your Avatar :shock: :smt017

Terry.

looks like some shallow faced TaylorMade driver :-k :smt017

Jarro
27th March 2005, 05:04 PM
I quite enjoyed the size, this one was 1/2 open and really flew. One of the few regrets :oops: :oops: .

quite surprised you let that one go actually :smt104 :smt018

3oneday
27th March 2005, 06:02 PM
quite surprised you let that one go actually :smt104 :smt018all those jibes about the 55 gram shaft :oops: :oops: or simply a very dark stage :shock: :shock:

May be getting close to a return to the 55 however :D :D just a slightly shallower head 8) 8) nice pic, hey :D

See those bottom 2 lines, left and right ?? that was the centre of gravity I used yesterday, hopefully a bit higher on the face tomorrow :?:

Sorry Jamie, back to you mate :oops:

Pete

990B Luva
27th March 2005, 07:56 PM
Nudgee, is this the R580XD TP that had the Diamana in it?

nudgee
28th March 2005, 07:05 AM
Jono,

580XD TP is very forgiving and I have found it quite looong but I am moving onto "something else" as a true ho always does.

990 yes this is the club that had the diamana in it - but not anymore.

Pete remember I have first dibs on that shallow driver when you start looking elsewhere.

Cheers all

3oneday
28th March 2005, 11:33 AM
Pete remember I have first dibs on that shallow driver when you start looking elsewhere. :D

Jarro
28th March 2005, 12:00 PM
Pete remember I have first dibs on that shallow driver when you start looking elsewhere.

.. and we all know it won't be long before he will start looking elsewhere :P :wink:

3oneday
28th March 2005, 12:57 PM
.. and we all know it won't be long before he will start looking elsewhere :P :wink:no time soon, clown :wink: ....

:lol: :lol:

nudgee
28th March 2005, 02:59 PM
Head is gooooooorne!!!

No one in this forum so dont ask - gooorne to the states!!!

Hmmmmm Pete, I am one driver short - how did you hit the shallow this weekend :wink: