PDA

View Full Version : Swingyde training tool

Jarro
27th March 2010, 08:16 AM
http://www.swingyde.com.au/

Anybody here use one of these ?

I'm thinking of buying one and just wanted to know if it'd be money well spent.

Eag's
27th March 2010, 08:46 AM
Mark, I think this aid will help you with you over active wrist action on the grip.
Give it a crack mate :)

Jarro
27th March 2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah mate i'm gonna get one next week for sure :)

dan
27th March 2010, 07:19 PM
Got one. use it now and then. it's pretty cheap these days so no great loss.

Hawkers2008
27th March 2010, 10:24 PM
Not a bad tool at all. An Aussie invention from Peter Ormsby a pro in Adelaide (and also father of Wade).

Lucasto23
28th March 2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.swingyde.com.au/

Anybody here use one of these ?

I'm thinking of buying one and just wanted to know if it'd be money well spent.

Got one a couple of weeks ago mate and not bad for $40 bucks, if you want to try before you buy jarro. you can borrow mine for a couple of weeks :)

Jarro
28th March 2010, 02:34 PM
Got one a couple of weeks ago mate and not bad for $40 bucks, if you want to try before you buy jarro. you can borrow mine for a couple of weeks :)

Thanks for the offer mate but i reckon i'll just get one anyway :)

GolfBallWhackerGuy
31st March 2010, 12:11 PM
Ive got one and its helped me out a lot with my backswing. The only downside is that the plastic seems to soften over time and mine is now a little warped and not straight. But other than that, its a good aid which isnt too expensive.

Flavzz
4th April 2010, 05:11 PM
Not a bad tool at all. An Aussie invention from Peter Ormsby a pro in Adelaide (and also father of Wade).

Had no idea that he invented it.

timinsa
4th April 2010, 07:01 PM
Had no idea that he invented it.

I would have thought the bloody HUUGE Swingyde logo on the side of Pete's Golf would have given it away.

Flavzz
1st August 2010, 07:53 PM
U know I never noticed that lol

I got one of these the other day. Already helped me with my takeaway but only used it at home so far. Hope to take it to the range tomorrow and see some good results.

Flavzz
4th August 2010, 05:22 PM
This thing is pretty amazing. At the top of the backswing it sets your wrists in the correct position and I was trying to shut the face with my wrists a little so it was correcting me by setting me up a little more open. Just had a heap of practice swings and then hit a few balls and the swing felt so much more on plane...and as a result my follow through came much more naturally. Club face comes back to impact much easier and allows me to really swing right through the ball. I started with a wedge and progressed to 7 iron and then long irons and driver. The change was most noticeable with my driver after some adjustment at the top of the backswing I could really let it go through the ball without worrying about closing the face too quickly like before. So im very happy with this purchase thanks Addamsmith :)

Jarro
4th August 2010, 05:38 PM
Good to hear it's working for you Flavzz :)

Flavzz
4th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Cheers Jarro the real test will be after a month or so of solid training and transferring it to the course.