PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Mega Members

Eag's
26th March 2010, 07:53 PM
Just letting people know that Nudgee golf course has introduced a rule preventing any Mega members from playing in future comps. I am disappointed in this decision, but what can you do.
I am not sure how many of us this will effect, but the Nudgee plate may be a little lower in numbers this year :(

AndyP
26th March 2010, 08:07 PM
It's a ****ing joke. Are they preventing country members of courses that pay the same amount for membership? Nope. What about similar style memberships that aren't as well known as Robina. I bet they aren't.

What email address do we vent to? Or do we go straight to the AGU?

It looks like the King of the Mountain run in Toowoomba is back on the cards instead of the Nudgee Plate.

Jarro
26th March 2010, 08:07 PM
I knew they'd probably take this action sooner rather than later as i'd heard some rumblings about it through the pro-shop.

Seems a bit harsh though, Mega-members are still paying customers in my eyes, so why go out of your way to limit your earning potential ?

AndyP
26th March 2010, 08:12 PM
They'll be like Gailes. I haven't played at Gailes since they decided to charge full price for Mega Members. Are Nudgee really putting on a complete ban?

Jarro
26th March 2010, 08:13 PM
They'll be like Gailes. I haven't played at Gailes since they decided to charge full price for Mega Members. Are Nudgee really putting on a complete ban?

Seems that way.

Looks like you better join a proper club now

Tex
26th March 2010, 08:18 PM
I knew they'd probably take this action sooner rather than later as i'd heard some rumblings about it through the pro-shop.

Seems a bit harsh though, Mega-members are still paying customers in my eyes, so why go out of your way to limit your earning potential ?

Exactly Jarro, what difference is it between one visitor and the next visitor to an Open Comp - what if you are a full member at Robina? How can they tell the difference?

What exactly is the justification and does it make any sense?

Grunt
26th March 2010, 08:29 PM
Clubs in Sydney did this for Riverside Oaks Memberships a few years ago.

just
26th March 2010, 08:34 PM
While I don't agree with this policy, plenty of cheap options in Brisbane for club membership without having to resort to Mega Membership.

Tex
26th March 2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Just are they as cheap as $150 P/A? If so I would take one on.

I originally joined Oxley as a mid week member, still had to pay $15 for the friday comp, the full price for Saturdays and Sundays. Can't play socially Mondays or Wednesdays unless you dodged those comps. Tuesday and thursday were OK for a social round if they did not have something else on. About $700 PA for the pleasure. It just does not add up at all, a person like me with my playing patterns ends up spending about $500 pa to hold an AGU HC.

Considering I play anywhere in comps Brisbane the Gold Coast, Sunny Coast, Woodford, Byron etc and really like being able to play different courses alot whenever I can to get in a comp, there is no reason someone in a position like mine should have to spend more than the bare minimum to maintain an AGU HC and pay visitors fees. I have reintroduced about 5 people to Golf on this basis (who would never join a club outright in any way) and they now spend their hard earned all over SE QLD at Golf courses. Isn't that what they want, or is it about exclusive memberships and recipricol rights. Confused :confused:

Moe Norman
26th March 2010, 08:57 PM
Interesting decision given they sell tee times to tee-off australia and allow those people to play in the comp....

I don't agree with the decision and despite being one fo the first mega members, I do agree they should pay extra to play as a guest.

razaar
26th March 2010, 09:05 PM
I can understand Clubs with a full membership going the way of Nudgee GC on this issue. Mega membership is a concept (from a club perspective) to assist those clubs with a flagging membership by offering membership with limited privileges at the host clubs which will be attractive to some who wish to maintain an Australian handicap. It is similar to Clubs deciding to do away with reciprocal rights.

BrisVegas
26th March 2010, 09:07 PM
How much do mega members pay at gailes in the Sunday open comp?

just
26th March 2010, 09:10 PM
No not as cheap as $150, but $400 per annum. I can see your point of view, but I can also see the other point of view. Blokes like me shell out $800+ a year to be a member of Nudgee and mega members are only paying $150 pa to play in the same comps I do (I don't play Saturdays much) and I've noticed there has been a sharp rise in the last year of visitors (don't know if they are mega members) playing in the comps. Quite frankly Nudgee doesn't need the income from mega members playing in comps, they make enough off social rounds on the south course.

Like I said I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's a bit rich to get on your high horse when private club wants to change the rules to stop what they see as people abusing the system. I've also seen the arguement about playing all over the place justifying mega membership (AndyP is all over this), it's probably also true that you play all over the place because you have mega membership and if you paid more to be a member of a club you would play there more to justify the cost.

Ultimately there are middle of the road options without the potential drawbacks and it's about choice.

Moe Norman
26th March 2010, 09:21 PM
A private club is a private club, they can do what they like.

shazza_rs
26th March 2010, 09:29 PM
Just for the record AndyP, we didn't get full reciprocal rights when using our country membership from Toowoomba at most of the clubs in Brisbane. Even at Toowoomba we were slugged an extra $7 fee on top of comp fees or for a social round. As a country member, you get the same privileges as a country member of the club you are playing. We have been slugged full fees many times. Part of the reason for us joining at Nudgee, was that in the long run we were getting more value for money by being a full member of a club in Brisbane.

lucky
26th March 2010, 09:56 PM
I can understand both sides, but should a full paying member at an affiliated club have the same rights as a mega member not really affiliated with a club - answer - no. It is often those that spend the least with a company for it's goods or services which place the greatest demands/expect the most from a company for those goods or services. so I can understand the golf club looking after its members and bona fide visitors.

On the other hand we hear talk about clubs failing to attract members, maybe the clubs who are in this boat should make it attractive for mega members to come and join their club via various incentives - I think in the old school it is called targeted marketing, which golf clubs seem very very bad at. The payoff would be be more than just the membership. If a club got creative they could really turn this into an advantage by having an avid golfer in their club who would be there spending money on range balls. beers. pokies etc etc. and generally be around the club alot adding to the overall "mabo" of the club.

Eag's
26th March 2010, 10:28 PM
I can understand why any club would take this approach because the full paying members should be getting looked after.
Might be time for me to find myself a club to join, the only thing stopping me from joining Nudgee is the $850.00 noms.

AndyP
26th March 2010, 10:40 PM
I can understand why any club would take this approach because the full paying members should be getting looked after.Full paying members have a member's only comp and access to the course for practice.

I'm not comparing full members of the home club against the mega members. It's visitors from any other club compared to mega members. Why should the club care where the money for the "open" comp fee comes from? They've never cared about the greater good of golf before.

MegaWatty
26th March 2010, 10:40 PM
I thought this had something to do with me when I read the Topic. :oops:

Daves
26th March 2010, 10:44 PM
I can understand why any club would take this approach because the full paying members should be getting looked after.
Might be time for me to find myself a club to join, the only thing stopping me from joining Nudgee is the $850.00 noms.

No noms at Reddie Bay, which I think is dumb because it devalues membership.

Interesting discussion on Thursday with one of the social club members at Nudgee (we played in the social comp). The Nudgee Social club membership structure basically equates as I understood it to social green fees, but you get 1) a comp and 2) prizes. I bit of logic there it seemed to me.

Moe Norman
26th March 2010, 11:15 PM
Full paying members have a member's only comp and access to the course for practice.

I'm not comparing full members of the home club against the mega members. It's visitors from any other club compared to mega members. Why should the club care where the money for the "open" comp fee comes from? They've never cared about the greater good of golf before.
Because mega membership isn't in the best interests of a traditional golf club operation, so if they all rally together to remove the benefits of mega membership, some of those people might go back to a traditional club membership.

markTHEblake
26th March 2010, 11:21 PM
How can they tell the difference?

Because the Robina membership is very well known, so its an immediate red flag when you register of book. Transfer your cheap membership to another club but lesser known and probably wont be much of an issue. Though every club in my experience does issue a membership card with your member status on it, so if they ask for it you are shot :-). Fortunately in most cases the Golf Link card doesnt give it away.

What exactly is the justification and does it make any sense? Because the discounts that some clubs give to visiting golfers is an informal reciprocation, to benefit those who are members of other clubs, in order to encourage other golfers to visit. Otherwise golfers might just play there own club and never elsewhere, they already pay a high cost of membership and so on.

I think its well justified to deny a 'mega member' the same benefits as another who is a full member, and it seems that many clubs are beginning to wake up to this technical rorting of the system. In fact I beleive it has always been the case, its just that in recent times such memberships have become popular. Not suggesting that those guys who have been using such memberships have been dishonest about it, but rather they have just been lucky so far.

P.s. Helensvale GC fits the bill perfectly, $150pa give your money to an honest members owned club, not a greedy corporation
(from memory there is only about $10 profit in that membership for a club after fees and gst taken out)

BrisVegas
27th March 2010, 07:20 AM
Helensvale is great value Blakey.

AndyP
27th March 2010, 08:01 AM
Because mega membership isn't in the best interests of a traditional golf club operation, so if they all rally together to remove the benefits of mega membership, some of those people might go back to a traditional club membership.Clubs don't rally together, they look after themselves.

I thought the AGU was trying to get more people to play golf, by encouraging this type of membership.

Blakey, if I joined Helensvale for the $150 membership, there would be no guarantee that those members would get stopped from playing these comps at some stage.

Jarro
27th March 2010, 08:23 AM
Clubs don't rally together, they look after themselves.

I thought the AGU was trying to get more people to play golf, by encouraging this type of membership.

Blakey, if I joined Helensvale for the $150 membership, there would be no guarantee that those members would get stopped from playing these comps at some stage.

It looks like they might have decided to join forces against the mega-memberships.

I wouldn't be surprised if more clubs didn't adopt this stance in the near future.

Moe Norman
27th March 2010, 08:56 AM

They are, and nobody is stopping you from playing golf - they just expect you to pay for it.

Tex
27th March 2010, 09:20 AM
Blokes like me shell out $800+ a year to be a member of Nudgee and mega members are only paying $150 pa to play in the same comps I do (I don't play Saturdays much) and I've noticed there has been a sharp rise in the last year of visitors (don't know if they are mega members) playing in the comps. Quite frankly Nudgee doesn't need the income from mega members playing in comps, they make enough off social rounds on the south course.

Like I said I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's a bit rich to get on your high horse when private club wants to change the rules to stop what they see as people abusing the system. I've also seen the arguement about playing all over the place justifying mega membership (AndyP is all over this), it's probably also true that you play all over the place because you have mega membership and if you paid more to be a member of a club you would play there more to justify the cost.

Ultimately there are middle of the road options without the potential drawbacks and it's about choice.

High horse: is this directed at me? If having an opinion on something that effects me is being on the high horse then I guess I ride that horse alot :D Seems to me the real high ground is occupied by the proponents and supporters of this exclusive and discriminatory behaiviour. As AP says they discriminate between one visitor and another - treat them all alike. You can not say I will allow all types of visitors with memberships except ONE particular type of member. it is a thin veil of a shield to say they are "private" and can do what they want.

No noms at Reddie Bay, which I think is dumb because it devalues membership.

Interesting discussion on Thursday with one of the social club members at Nudgee (we played in the social comp). The Nudgee Social club membership structure basically equates as I understood it to social green fees, but you get 1) a comp and 2) prizes. I bit of logic there it seemed to me.
So they have a mega membership by a different name :lol: but that is OK.

Grunt
27th March 2010, 09:22 AM
It was the same when the Golf Access run by AGU first started. Some clubs did not accept them at all in comps and others charged extra.

Tex
27th March 2010, 09:38 AM
They are, and nobody is stopping you from playing golf - they just expect you to pay for it.
I thought we were paying for it. Members of any description of that HOME CLUB get a discounted rate, Mega members pay visitors fees. It makes no difference to the club in question, Is the argument they are being protectionist for other clubs memberships - that's a long bow to draw if it is.

Each week (fortnight really) I look at the SE QLD Open comps and plan my golf for those, where ever that comp may be, on the days I have available, if they stop access to Mega memberships to OPEN comps generally then I would be giving the game away. I can not justify an $800 membership, I would be more than happy IF I could play a course enough to get the value for that money but I can not...

Moe Norman
I think they should accept them as visitors, but they should pay the full green fee.

Ferrins
Hi Just are they as cheap as $150 P/A? If so I would take one on. ( Tex )

Helensvale have $150 nomad membership

Eag's
27th March 2010, 09:42 AM
I think they should accept them as visitors, but they should pay the full green fee.

Nudgee do charge Mega members full green fees $30.00 to play in comps.
Time for me to start saving some dosh to join as a full member.

Tex
27th March 2010, 09:50 AM
Helensvale have $150 nomad membership

Nice!

Yes that is what I paid last time I played it - No problem here with that.

Grunt
27th March 2010, 09:50 AM
In saying Full green fee what do you mean the full social play green fee? So what would open comps cost up there on average for a visitor? $30?

Ferrins
27th March 2010, 09:54 AM
Nominations should be paid after a year of membership to allow a cooling off period. If your happy after 12 months no problem pay it but if you wish to leave then you don't feel stung.

I favor joining a club over mega memberships but I would not join a club that charges a nomination fee up front.

Ferrins
27th March 2010, 09:55 AM
Approx $25 at Virginia, Gailes, Oxley and Carbrook

Iain
27th March 2010, 09:57 AM
Doesn't Nudgee charge all visitors $30 to play in there comps? Regardless of club they're from?

Moe Norman
27th March 2010, 10:02 AM
Nominations should be paid after a year of membership to allow a cooling off period. If your happy after 12 months no problem pay it but if you wish to leave then you don't feel stung.

I favor joining a club over mega memberships but I would not join a club that charges a nomination fee up front.

That would have been nice, I dropped a few thousand on my noms at BGC, and now I've pretty much decided to chuck it in after a few years.

Eag's
27th March 2010, 10:04 AM
Doesn't Nudgee charge all visitors $30 to play in there comps? Regardless of club they're from?

Yes.

Iain
27th March 2010, 10:05 AM
Why's that Moe? Just not a fan of the course? Going somewhere else?

Iain
27th March 2010, 10:05 AM
Yes.

So what's the difference?

Eag's
27th March 2010, 10:12 AM
So what's the difference?

The difference is other visitors can still play at Nudgee, Mega members can't.

BrisVegas
27th March 2010, 10:27 AM
I was a mega member gypsy for a few years before I could afford to join a club. I always felt it was 'too good to be true' that megas could play open comps so cheaply. I guess nudgee feels mega members are rorting the 'open' comp idea, ie. A pseudo reciprocal deal for members of other clubs. I think open comp fees for visiting normal members should be lower and blame the mega memberships for their steep upwards trend.

Iain
27th March 2010, 10:29 AM
The difference is other visitors can still play at Nudgee, Mega members can't.

Oh yeah, that is shit. But if they pay full vistors rates ($30), then what's the problem with them playing? They still have a valid golflink number....

Eag's
27th March 2010, 10:31 AM
Good question Iain :smt102

AndyP
27th March 2010, 10:58 AM
It looks like they might have decided to join forces against the mega-memberships.They have? Nudgee is the only club to ban, and Gailes changed their fee structure for one club's specific type of membership. These are independent decisions, so there is no evidence of joining forces.

markTHEblake
27th March 2010, 11:24 AM

The purpose of the Mega membership was for blokes like me that played ****all golf but still wanted to play comps around town.

its a pathway to full membership, for those who dont play enough to warrant a full fees but want to retain a handicap. Hopefully they enjoy the club environment and step up. I dont reckon it was ever intended for these golfers to play everywhere else at discounts made available to full members. They just got lucky for a while, and some of the marketing by clubs that implied this benefit was somewhat deceiving.

Golf Access was about giving handicaps to Social club golfers, with the intention that one day they will join a real golf club. Ozgolf could form our own club and issue our own handicaps, but we would still have the same issue.

Exactly, but until other clubs start realising that Helensvale is offering it you are going to be quite safe. Reality is hardly anyone has heard of the joint, but if you are from Robina then you will be immediately branded as a leper.

It will say "Nomad" on your members card, but your golf link card remains 'neutral' :-)

I cant see any Golf Club issuing a Members card that didn't declare your status - ever.

It looks like they might have decided to join forces against the mega-memberships. I wouldn't be surprised if more clubs didn't adopt this stance in the near future.

It has always been that way, reciprocal rights, district discounts, and so on have usually been worded as 'full members'. It would just seem that with too many Robina members clubs have noticed. Have a look at entry forms for any of the higher level amatuer events, they always say 'full member' in their qualifying criteria. Nudgee Plate is probably the same, except they don't have entry forms.

Yep, but unfortunately they still don't qualify for some of the major events we play in.

just
27th March 2010, 11:59 AM
I still don't get why the angst, some were getting a great deal out of the mega membership thing, clubs don't like it and are starting to do something about it. I can see why some would say they can't afford noms and $900+ a year, but I've continually pointed out there are clubs in Brisbane that charge $400-$500 without noms, join them and you will never have any of the issues.

CobraSS
27th March 2010, 12:12 PM
or better still join Woodford.

peter_rs
27th March 2010, 02:29 PM
Apparently it has always been the policy just the pro shop did not enforce it.

Also it is not that fair for anyone who is on a 5 day membership with the club.

Iain
27th March 2010, 02:34 PM
Why's it not fair for 5 day members? What don't they get?

damoocow
27th March 2010, 02:36 PM

Eags - until March 31 Keperra have a no noms membership deal if referred by a current member - saves you $1000

AndyP
27th March 2010, 02:50 PM
I've continually pointed out there are clubs in Brisbane that charge $400-$500 without noms, join them and you will never have any of the issues.But then I'd be paying a club $500 to look after my handicap. That's hardly value for money.

Eag's
27th March 2010, 02:51 PM
:-k very interesting.

just
27th March 2010, 03:05 PM
But then I'd be paying a club $500 to look after my handicap. That's hardly value for money.
Or you could play a few times a year to justify the membership or you could just play socially.

AndyP
27th March 2010, 03:14 PM
By 'few', do you mean 20 plus? Even then, it's break even.

peter_rs
27th March 2010, 03:41 PM
Why's it not fair for 5 day members? What don't they get?
a 5 day member cann't play on sunday as a vistor, if they happen to have a free weekend. and they are paying alot more the a mega member.

Iain
27th March 2010, 04:11 PM
a 5 day member cann't play on sunday as a vistor, if they happen to have a free weekend. and they are paying alot more the a mega member.
Wow, that's ridiculous!!

just
27th March 2010, 04:19 PM
By 'few', do you mean 20 plus? Even then, it's break even.
It's not break even with Mega Membership either and, quite frankly, most people on here wouldn't be breaking even with their memberships, perhaps they value membership more than it's dollar value.

Jarro
27th March 2010, 04:24 PM
memberships are where it's at man :mrgreen:

Hawkers2008
27th March 2010, 04:37 PM
Maybe you should suss out full membership with one of the murray courses, their fees are a few hundred ish.

Grunt
27th March 2010, 06:30 PM
360 for a Country Bathurst GC Menbership. Recip clubs in QLD are:
GC Country Club
Redland Bay
Rockhampton
Townsville
Yeppoon

Heap of clubs on the reciprocal list.

AndyP
27th March 2010, 06:33 PM
Why would we get a country membership in another state?

Grunt
27th March 2010, 07:28 PM
What is the difference between that and having a membership at a GC course that you hardly if ever play at?

Tex
27th March 2010, 07:49 PM

That is outright strange, why would the club do that? Ban their own members from playing as well. Bizarre. When I was mid week at Oxley I was welcome to play the Sunday comp (even saturday if I could be bothered going on standby for a time if others pulled on the day and it was otherwise left vacant) I just had to pay more for it.

Just, talking of angst (of which I have none personally, I am quite bemused however), the angst seems to mostly reside at Nudgee at the moment :)

BrisVegas
27th March 2010, 08:17 PM
Wolston park would welcome you as a member andyp. As would gailes, jindalee and mcleod etc within 15 min of your house.

AndyP
27th March 2010, 08:39 PM
What is the difference between that and having a membership at a GC course that you hardly if ever play at?$200. A country membership in SE Qld for the same amount would be more worthwhile.

Wolston park would welcome you as a member andyp. As would gailes, jindalee and mcleod etc within 15 min of your house.It comes down to what just said about valuing a membership more than the dollar value. I don't because I won't spend any time at the club outside of a comp day.

I'm not exactly golf poor at the moment, although that's because I squeeze in games wherever I can, but with a 6 year old just getting into sport now, and another lad to follow, it will be very hard to maintain the amount I play, especially with work travel and weekends away to our parents.

I regularly assess my options, but this thread isn't about my specific circumstances.

razaar
27th March 2010, 09:03 PM
Be a good Dad and give up your golf for your kids sport....10 years is about the norm. Lots of us have done it.

Moe Norman
27th March 2010, 09:44 PM
360 for a Country Bathurst GC Menbership. Recip clubs in QLD are:
GC Country Club
Redland Bay
Rockhampton
Townsville
Yeppoon

Heap of clubs on the reciprocal list.

That would be dishonest and an abuse of the reciprocal arrangements.

Reciprocal clubs don't honour reciprocal rights for people living at the destination, the purpose of the reciprocal right if they actually live there is to allow them to join easily. Obviously this system is reliant on the honesty of individuals, but thats the system.

ie: I can't just join Indooroopilly and then move to Melbourne and play at Commonwealth whenever I like under the reciprocal arrangement, once i move to Melbourne my reciprocal rights allow me to join the club, not abuse the relationship.

markTHEblake
27th March 2010, 11:29 PM
$200. A country membership in SE Qld for the same amount would be more worthwhile.

except for the bit that if you rock up to the Nudgee Plate and they ask for your members card you are out the door. I think there are plenty of clubs near brisbane that are only a $200-300pa for Full membership. Pity Kooralbyn isnt still open cos thats all theirs was.(and a $40 green fee)

It comes down to what just said about valuing a membership more than the dollar value. I don't because I won't spend any time at the club outside of a comp day.
commonly known as the "car park golfer", Golf clubs are probably not going to bend over backwards to get their business cos they know these golfers are not loyal, simply because they are not getting involved.

Ferrins
28th March 2010, 07:37 AM
Be a good Dad and give up your golf for your kids sport....10 years is about the norm. Lots of us have done it.
I second that. For me it was 9 years.

sms316
28th March 2010, 08:18 AM
That would be dishonest and an abuse of the reciprocal arrangements.

Reciprocal clubs don't honour reciprocal rights for people living at the destination, the purpose of the reciprocal right if they actually live there is to allow them to join easily. Obviously this system is reliant on the honesty of individuals, but thats the system.

ie: I can't just join Indooroopilly and then move to Melbourne and play at Commonwealth whenever I like under the reciprocal arrangement, once i move to Melbourne my reciprocal rights allow me to join the club, not abuse the relationship.
Exactly. Although this is enforced far more at the clubs which require a letter of introduction as the home club will almost always disclose the fact that the member lives interstate - even if they are a full member.

AndyP
28th March 2010, 10:15 AM
except for the bit that if you rock up to the Nudgee Plate and they ask for your members card you are out the door. Why? Have Nudgee banned country members of clubs too?

commonly known as the "car park golfer", Golf clubs are probably not going to bend over backwards to get their business cos they know these golfers are not loyal, simply because they are not getting involved.Loyalty has nothing to do with it. It's about time management. I very much looking forward to being a full member of a club, when I have the time.

peter_rs
28th March 2010, 12:05 PM
That is outright strange, why would the club do that? Ban their own members from playing as well. Bizarre. When I was mid week at Oxley I was welcome to play the Sunday comp (even saturday if I could be bothered going on standby for a time if others pulled on the day and it was otherwise left vacant) I just had to pay more for it.

Just, talking of angst (of which I have none personally, I am quite bemused however), the angst seems to mostly reside at Nudgee at the moment :)

It was what I was told when I equired.

markTHEblake
28th March 2010, 06:31 PM
Why? Have Nudgee banned country members of clubs too?

I am not suggesting that any club has actually introduced a policy of banning Robina Woods Mega Members. Instead they are intending to enforce a decades old policy that only a Full member of another club qualifies for any concessional green fees nor entry to an Open championship.

BrisVegas
29th March 2010, 10:09 AM
I am not suggesting that any club has actually introduced a policy of banning Robina Woods Mega Members. Instead they are intending to enforce a decades old policy that only a Full member of another club qualifies for any concessional green fees nor entry to an Open championship.

I think that's fair enough, but they shouldnt prevent "mega members" and their ilk from playing comps altogether. Just have them pay a green fee as well. That seems fair to me.

Moe Norman
29th March 2010, 08:22 PM
Exactly. Although this is enforced far more at the clubs which require a letter of introduction as the home club will almost always disclose the fact that the member lives interstate - even if they are a full member.

A I said, the system relies on honesty. If someone chooses not to disclose that fact, they are the ones that choose to be dishonest.

Minor_Threat
29th March 2010, 08:24 PM
I don't like the system (as it can be rorted), however I can't see an issue if the club charges green fees as well as the comp fee!

markTHEblake
29th March 2010, 09:23 PM
Just have them pay a green fee as well. That seems fair to me.
Agreed,

I have a feeling that there is something in the Golf Access conditions or information that this issue could raise its head, and its the responsibility of the clubs concerned. Or i have a vague memory of speaking to someone from GQ about this sometime ago

Isnt this just a repeat of the same thread a couple years ago anyway?