PDA

View Full Version : Losing Weight

Golfgirl
25th March 2005, 06:06 PM
Well, Tezza inspired me (along with the photo of me that Amanda took at her place at Christmas time), and I have lost a bunch of weight. :D

Since November last year, I have lost 11 kilos, and am feeling pretty inspired - I'm aiming to lose another 10kgs.

I am revisiting parts of my wardrobe that I thought I would never see again, and I am walking up the street without getting short of breath!!! I feel like a new person!! :shock:

So I just wanted to say a big "thanks" to Terry and Amanda. :D

marcel
25th March 2005, 06:50 PM
JM,

inspirational stuff, congratulations. Maybe time for a new Avatar??

Onewood
25th March 2005, 07:03 PM
Well done Jode, whens the golf starting again then :D that swing will be awesome 8)

Jarro
25th March 2005, 09:16 PM
great work Jodie :smt023

Eag's
25th March 2005, 10:28 PM
Well done Golfgirl, huge effort =D>

AndyP
25th March 2005, 11:40 PM
Great to hear, Jodie. :D
Got any secrets you want to pass on?

Courty
26th March 2005, 09:12 AM
Excellent work, GG.

I too have been working on shrinking the waistline. I have lost 7 kilos in as many weeks. Just over halfway to my goal weight...

terryand
26th March 2005, 09:48 AM
Way to go GG.....Keep go,its just like a snowball hey.The more you lose the more you want to do it.

Terry.

Golfgirl
26th March 2005, 05:17 PM
Way to go GG.....Keep go,its just like a snowball hey.The more you lose the more you want to do it.

Terry.

Yep - that is so true.... 8) And those pictures of you that the boys posted were what kick-started me to have a go... so thank you!!! :D

Keep it up Courty - it's good to hear that I am not the only one halfway to my goal weight. Although I am averaging only 1/2 kilo a week.... so you'll beat me there by miles! :D

Andy - the only secret is being sensible. I just decided one day that I was obese and a prime candidate for Type II diabetes, so I bought a book called The New Glucose Revolution about low GI eating, and I have just made changes in the types of food that I eat. I also realised one day when I was serving up dinner that I tended to put the same amount on my plate as on Matt's, and he's a 6'6" male who's reasonably active. There was no way that I needed the amount of calories that I have been consuming. So I cut my portion sizes down... but of course, I am not starving because of the low GI eating.

I will be eating this way for the rest of my life - this is not just some "diet" that I will finish and revert to my old eating habits from. And I'm not exactly denying myself either - if I want some cheesecake, or KFC, or a couple of glasses of wine with some cheese and crackers, I have them - I just don't have as much of them as I used to....

My mother-in-law did a double take when she saw me 3 weeks ago... it was priceless...... :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone - I am going to start back at the gym soon, and then Watch Out! when I make my comeback to golf!!! I will be unstoppable - I might even make it down to that 18 handicap I've been dying to have for years!!!! :twisted:

marcel
27th March 2005, 07:08 AM
if I want some cheesecake, or KFC, or a couple of glasses of wine with some cheese and crackers, I have them -

....yeah but what if it's not breakfast time :lol:

Golfgirl
28th March 2005, 04:40 PM
if I want some cheesecake, or KFC, or a couple of glasses of wine with some cheese and crackers, I have them -

....yeah but what if it's not breakfast time :lol:

It's always time for a glass or two of wine..... :roll: :twisted: I might even let you take me out for a coffee soon. :wink:

Flowergirl
29th March 2005, 11:44 AM
I hate you!!!!!! :twisted: :wink:
I start off with such good intentions then think - oh what the hell. I seem to be putting on more and more instead of it coming off.
Ok.........you've inspired me...........I'll give it another go.

By the way........well done. I'm very proud of you and very happy for you. :D

amanda
29th March 2005, 12:00 PM
Great going Jodie! 0.5kg per week is no mean feat and it sounds like you are losing weigh the sensible way. Keep up the good work :D

Ducky
29th March 2005, 03:59 PM
It's settled, we'll have 'The Biggest Loser - The OzGolf Edition'.

For those who don't know what 'The Biggest Loser' is, go here (http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/).

Golfgirl
2nd April 2005, 02:57 PM
I hate you!!!!!! :twisted: :wink:
I start off with such good intentions then think - oh what the hell. I seem to be putting on more and more instead of it coming off.
Ok.........you've inspired me...........I'll give it another go.

By the way........well done. I'm very proud of you and very happy for you. :D

Trust me FG, if I can do it - you can do it!!! :D

One of the main things that has kept me on track is that my MIL is running a little weight loss challenge between me, my sister-in-law, and a couple of others, and we have to email our weight and weight loss info to each other every Monday morning. It makes you think twice about what you are eating when you know that you are going to have to confess your sins once a week. :oops: It's also about supporting each other too... and we email each other when the going gets hard. We're all doing really well and have lost a lot.

I've lost nearly twelve kilos as of this week.... (Clothes shopping - here I come!!!! :twisted: )