PDA

View Full Version : WA New golf network starting

Pages : [1] 2

Golfnut
21st March 2010, 03:32 AM
No sure if any of the WA group have seen this, got handed a brochure when I played GI on Thursday.....probably of less importance to those that already have a club/handicap but I may look into this as an option to get an official handicap and get into some comp. golf, as club membership is unlikely for me for the next few years.

www.perthgolfnetwork.com.au (http://www.perthgolfnetwork.com.au)

Thoughts?

It's either this or go down the 'country membership' line.

Golfnut
21st March 2010, 02:25 PM
Bump

adlo
21st March 2010, 06:48 PM
That is a pretty good deal GN, I'd go for it.

TourFit
22nd March 2010, 05:41 PM
Looks like reg comps are played at Glen Iris (Fri), Maylands (Sat), The Vines (Sun) and Collier Park (Wed). Extra or 'Special' events are added at some other private clubs...

Great deal GN...GolfLink H'cap is worth it alone. Gives you the flexibility to be able to pick and choose playing dates according to the fixtures. You also get the voucher book and the shirt blah blah blah.

JUST GO FOR IT !!! Only $176 if you do it NOW...no need to lowball them from $220. :razz:

idgolfguy
22nd March 2010, 08:30 PM
Sounds similar to Miners' Club:
http://www.minersgolfclub.com.au/

Their course pricing is quite good.

Golfnut
22nd March 2010, 10:44 PM
Ah ok...didn't know these types of networks even existed.
Will have a look at that too.

BayBum
6th May 2011, 05:03 PM
Search me ! Search me !

Is this still the way tyo go in getting an official HC without joining a club ? I will join somewhere eventually but at the mo i just want a HC & play in some local tournaments when they come up :)

simmsy
6th May 2011, 05:20 PM
Ah ok...didn't know these types of networks even existed.
Will have a look at that too.

how'd this work out for you gunna?

MegaWatty
6th May 2011, 05:29 PM
Bang bang.

Bruce Dickinson
6th May 2011, 05:30 PM
PGN will be at Wembley every Wednesday from next week

Nuffie
6th May 2011, 05:46 PM
Here's your big chance Golfnut.

I would have killed for this opportunity, had it been around about 4 years ago when I first moved here...

Could still once I move into the new house in Ellenbrook.

bergsey
6th May 2011, 06:39 PM
Here's your big chance Golfnut.

I would have killed for this opportunity, had it been around about 4 years ago when I first moved here...

Could still once I move into the new house in Ellenbrook.

Join IDG out at the Vines !

Cosmopolite
6th May 2011, 07:55 PM
Join IDG out at the Vines !

um, not cheap there

Pieface
6th May 2011, 08:24 PM
7 day membership on gumtree for $3k. Pocket change for el 'Nut and his lobster/lawn empire

simmsy
6th May 2011, 08:40 PM
it is a pretty good value membership out at Vines i reckon with the bar, gym, restaurant and pool areas that are availble to you as well.

Cosmopolite
6th May 2011, 09:20 PM
7 day membership on gumtree for $3k. Pocket change for el 'Nut and his lobster/lawn empire

that's just the entry fee, then normal annual fees on top of that.

simmsy
6th May 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah but u sell ur share when u leave. Annual I think is about 3k. The share is like a Bond of sorts. Idg could clarify.

Cosmopolite
6th May 2011, 09:38 PM
I know you can sell it when you leave but I gather there is an abundance of them around these days, hence the $3k one. They used to go for over $6k.

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 09:49 PM
how'd this work out for you gunna?

Wow, completely forgot about this.....did make the enquires but just didn't pull the trigger on it for some reason.
I actually noticed the ad in the Golf voucher booklet on Thursday when I was out at K-Town......PGN looks like my only option atm.

Pieface
6th May 2011, 09:53 PM
Wow, completely forgot about this.....did make the enquires but just didn't pull the trigger on it for some reason.
I actually noticed the ad in the Golf voucher booklet on Thursday when I was out at K-Town......PGN looks like my only option atm.

check back in 12 months for a 'nutcap update :roll:

C'mon gn pull the trigger on summink

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 10:02 PM
PF, you've been getting a bit "Adlo" lately I've noticed.....surely your not getting any less mum & dad time than me? ;)

Johnny Canuck
6th May 2011, 10:03 PM
2pac. Why don't you get the country membership at Bunbury and take advantage of the recips?

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 10:11 PM
Chatting with Daz-golfer at champs and he says the Bunbury recips have been ruined......apparently he and others were playing RF every second week and Wannaroo every other week. They were getting on RF on Saturday's for $0, only the comp fees.......RF has put a total stop to it completely now.

I think now I'm more interested in just having an official 'cap than worrying about recip rites.....will have a good look at the PGN again next week.

Pieface
6th May 2011, 10:52 PM
PF, you've been getting a bit "Adlo" lately I've noticed.....surely your not getting any less mum & dad time than me? ;)

I am the suave clean shaven version of the taller gent. Adlo is the primal version.

Fill us in on the PGN detail GN. I'm thinking a gorflink could open up a few more ozgolf options going forward...or at least eliminate a few excuses as to why I'm not invited ;) :p

Yossarian
6th May 2011, 10:54 PM

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 10:59 PM
That about sums it up......not sure how many cards are needed for 'capping though.

Pieface
6th May 2011, 11:03 PM

Fixed!

Johnny Canuck
6th May 2011, 11:03 PM
Just don't pay the money to Rubin or you might not receive anything.

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 11:05 PM
Comp rounds 7 days a week now.....from memory was only 4 days a week last year.

simmsy
6th May 2011, 11:06 PM
u keep finding the excuses though 'nut, what ever it takes mate. it's cheap it's easy and you'll be able to join "proper" competitions and get rid of the 'nutcap.

http://www.minersgolfclub.com.au/index.html

do it or don't ever speak of joining somewhere again.

Pie - this could be something you could look at too mate.

less than $17/month too easy.

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 11:11 PM
The Challenge Series courses are very impressive:

Nedlands
Cottesloe
Kennedy Bay
Royal Freo
WAGC

Where do I sign simmsy?

simmsy
6th May 2011, 11:14 PM
you been to the website, no?

Golfnut
6th May 2011, 11:18 PM
Still kicking.

Pieface
6th May 2011, 11:22 PM
I agree OMS. That will be my 2012 plan when my WAGL membership expires. You will be beholden to hosting me often enough though. I have no intent to Yoss it up and card 40+ points as long as it's not in comp when, mysteriously, I can only chop out a 30 pointer :p

Johnny Canuck
6th May 2011, 11:32 PM
get a handicap face and you're welcome at harty anytime, except saturdays when they don't allow guests.

idgolfguy
6th May 2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah but u sell ur share when u leave. Annual I think is about 3k. The share is like a Bond of sorts. Idg could clarify.
The annual fees are about $190pm. 36 holes, gym, pool blah...
Membership from the club is $6000 and used tob $14000. You can find them for $2500 + 10% (goes to the club). No doubt you can make an offer. This is transferable and you onsell it when you call it quits.

There are members who want to sell and don't want to play golf. If you are not financial you lose that nomination. Some of them keep paying yearly so that they don't lose the nomination. Doesn't make sense, why pay $1900pa just to make sure you don't lose something that is worth $2500.

I believe you can also lease. Pay yearly dues to someone who owns a membership. You have full rights but dont own the membership.

Yossarian
6th May 2011, 11:42 PM
I agree OMS. That will be my 2012 plan when my WAGL membership expires. You will be beholden to hosting me often enough though. I have no intent to Yoss it up and card 40+ points as long as it's not in comp when, mysteriously, I can only chop out a 30 pointer :p

:smt098

Pieface
6th May 2011, 11:47 PM
get a handicap face and you're welcome at harty anytime, except saturdays when they don't allow guests.

Lemme guess compulsory skins ;)

Johnny Canuck
6th May 2011, 11:57 PM
Skins make everything exciting, although my Harty record is average if Hocko's not playing.

We can play team skins if you like. I'd take your cap on my team in a second.

simmsy
7th May 2011, 12:29 AM
Always thinking arent ya JC. :)

bergsey
7th May 2011, 12:39 AM
The Challenge Series courses are very impressive:

Nedlands
Cottesloe
Kennedy Bay
Royal Freo
WAGC

Where do I sign simmsy?

One thing to be aware of if you want to get a hcp to then play in other club's open events etc is that Miners is a Category "D" club which means that you may not be eligible

Someone like v4 probably knows what the categories mean but have seen it before e.g. only members of affiliated category "A". "C" etc with full 7 day playing rights are allowed.

Sounds elitist but i guess they are giving priority to those paying full dues at private clubs which can understand

Johnny Canuck
7th May 2011, 12:42 AM
Me and face vs. You and Watty?

Pieface
7th May 2011, 12:42 AM
I am a toff

Bastard! :razz:

bergsey
7th May 2011, 12:44 AM
Bastard! :razz:

Morley bogan actually

Pieface
7th May 2011, 12:50 AM
The overhead on selling meth has obviously gone down since I last looked into it ;)

bergsey
7th May 2011, 12:51 AM
Reminds me of that story about me old mate Kerry Packer..

Supposedly rolled up for a game at The Australian and couldn't get on because there was a trade day or social group or something. Storms into the club manager and asks what is going on and demands to have them kicked off the course. The Manager tells him that he can't because it brings x$ revenue per year into the club. Kerry asks how much and the manager mentions a six figure sum to which Kerry writes a check for that value, throws it on the table and says 'i don't want to see those c*nts on the course again...' :)

simmsy
7th May 2011, 10:38 AM
Loved that man.

BayBum
7th May 2011, 12:04 PM
Thats some rick james shit ! Pimp.

SO...220 per year (170 atm) gets you a HC & some other crap.You can then play Maylands mon/sat,Vines tues/sun,Wemb weds,GI thurs,SH fri,as part of their comp days.Then they also play Wanneroo,KB,Royal Perth,Royal Freo,WA,Harty,Mnt Lawley & Karrinyup as part of their challenge series which they at various times throughout each month.If ya dont wanna play with them you just jack up a game with ozgolfers & lose all your money ? sounds all good to me :) Im gonna do it come first paycheck :razz:

$40 walking the vines,$33 at SH to give you some idea of the discounts.Worth it imo but what does everyone think ? Any bright ideas ?

This is all new to me.Im use to paying $7 a week for full membership lol

TourFit
7th May 2011, 12:18 PM
Its a GREAT idea...

...problem is 'Nut can't see a great idea until it lies down on it's back in front of him and says lets have another baby!:mrgreen:

BayBum
7th May 2011, 12:23 PM
lol alright,im ready to go then :)

PS - i will be requiring some wedges in the near future Fit,watch this space (not this actual space...):-s;)

Golfnut
7th May 2011, 03:39 PM
Its a GREAT idea...

...problem is 'Nut can't see a great idea until it lies down on it's back in front of him and says lets have another baby!:mrgreen:

Other way round 'Fit ;)

TourFit
7th May 2011, 03:56 PM
Does that mean the downward dog...or does she take control & get on top.

No wait, don't answer that. We all know the answer!

Golfnut
7th May 2011, 04:03 PM
GET IT,

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/images-7.jpg

BayBum
7th May 2011, 08:33 PM
I was a little confused about how they would do my cards if i didnt play reg @ the PGN days so i emailed them & got this reply.Not ideal but not unreasonable :).Reason being is obivous...you play golf,you hand your card in.

At the moment you must play in (PGN) competition days to get your handicap updated. So if you go out socially with a friend it will not be counted towards your handicap. However if you play in a comp day outside the ones that we run your handicap will be automatically updated by the competition organisers on the day.Sounds all good tho eh ?!

simmsy
7th May 2011, 08:38 PM
sounds good from that response.

Yossarian
7th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Hey bergsey. Screw you ;)

Nuffie
10th May 2011, 03:43 PM
I made some inquiries about this PGN arrangement yesterday, and spoke with two of the club administrators. One of them runs the Miners golf club, the other one runs the golf voucher book - available in WA.

PGN players remain affiliated with an AGU handicap, but it is a 'category D' status club. However in saying that, you have competition options at the Vines available every Sunday v.s. other players in the PGN. Secret Harbour is prob their other good weekday course where they play on a fri, Maylands on a Sat.

PGM have a 'challenge series' that runs at various times of the year, playing Cottesloe, Nedlands, Lake Karrinyup, Meadow Springs and The Cut to name a few for a discounted green fee.

You can get on to perth private courses on a Sunday or through the week if you organise to play with a member of that course - or if the pro shop says so, but this depends on how booked up the competition is.

For someone looking to play twice or 3 times a month on different courses, this is a good option for saving a few $$$.

Nuffie
10th May 2011, 04:20 PM
Here is the link to teeoff Aust that Puji mentioned about in the Melb courses thread.

http://teeoffaus.com.au/membership-compare.php

I wonder how many people in Perth would feel concerned about only being able to play The Cut 5 times a year :)

Golfnut
10th May 2011, 10:50 PM
That's odd Nuffie, I rang PGN this afternoon and asked the guy specifically "Does my AGU handicap gained through the PGN allow me to play at other member course comps during the week?" His response was: "As long as you are invited by a member of that course, yes you can."

This will need clarification......I don't care about not being able to play in weekend comps but I would like the option to play in midweek comps at some of the private courses from time to time if invited by a member.

adlo
10th May 2011, 10:54 PM
I doubt you'd have probs through the week GN.

If weekend games are your thing, a country membership is a better option.

Golfnut
10th May 2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah, that's my thinking too....As long as your paying your green & comp fees and you have an up to date Golflink number, can't see any probs......that is unless your Golflink number indicates your "category club" status and the computer spits out "reject"

I'll still double check with PGN anyway.

TourFit
10th May 2011, 11:06 PM
PGN players remain affiliated with an AGU handicap, but it is a 'category D' status club. However in saying that, you have competition options at the Vines available every Sunday v.s. other players in the PGN. Secret Harbour is prob their other good weekday course where they play on a fri, Maylands on a Sat.

PGM have a 'challenge series' that runs at various times of the year, playing Cottesloe, Nedlands, Lake Karrinyup, Meadow Springs and The Cut to name a few for a discounted green fee.

You can get on to perth private courses on a Sunday or through the week if you organise to play with a member of that course - or if the pro shop says so, but this depends on how booked up the competition is.

For someone looking to play twice or 3 times a month on different courses, this is a good option for saving a few $$$.

That's odd Nuffie, I rang PGN this afternoon and asked the guy specifically "Does my AGU handicap gained through the PGN allow me to play at other member course comps during the week?" His response was: "As long as you are invited by a member of that course, yes you can."

This will need clarification......I don't care about not being able to play in weekend comps but I would like the option to play in midweek comps at some of the private courses from time to time if invited by a member.

Isn't this the answer to the question...? One and the same...?

What it means 'Nut, is that you CAN play midweek at private member courses, if invited by a member AND if the club comp allows guests in that particular comp.

Some courses have FULL member comps (even with waiting lists) midweek, and do not allow guests very often. Mt Lawley has full field Wed AM & PM. In some cases you can check beforehand, but usually it won't be allowed. Members have "Right Of Way" if you like

If weekday comps are not full, then it'll be a different story. But getting on will ALWAYS be at the discretion of 'The Club' in question.

adlo
10th May 2011, 11:18 PM
The category of your club will rarely come into play for a midweek comp that has vacancies.

Golfnut
10th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Isn't this the answer to the question...? One and the same...?

What it means 'Nut, is that you CAN play midweek at private member courses, if invited by a member AND if the club comp allows guests in that particular comp.

Some courses have FULL member comps (even with waiting lists) midweek, and do not allow guests very often. Mt Lawley has full field Wed AM & PM. In some cases you can check beforehand, but usually it won't be allowed. Members have "Right Of Way" if you like

If weekday comps are not full, then it'll be a different story. But getting on will ALWAYS be at the discretion of 'The Club' in question.

My bad 'Fit, you are right.:oops: Bit of a force of habit with Nuffie's posts to not read the whole thing through but that's plain as day and backs up my phone call.

I see from time to time bergsey or the Harty boys often have spare spots to play in the midweek comps and I'd like to get in on these games every now and then.

Yossarian
10th May 2011, 11:19 PM
The saga continues. Ten to one nut doesn't join.

Golfnut
10th May 2011, 11:25 PM
Asif you could pay oot anyway.

Yossarian
10th May 2011, 11:27 PM
See how your first response was to not try and lay some cash down... ;)

Golfnut
10th May 2011, 11:28 PM
Hahahaha.....touche'

Johnny Canuck
11th May 2011, 01:11 AM
The saga continues. Ten to one nut doesn't join.

More like one to one.

This thing is about $178 more than he wants to spend.

TourFit
11th May 2011, 11:33 AM
Is it THAT expensive...plus green fees on top of that!

Better wait & save a bit more 'Nut, the 'Nutcap is (& has been) serving you SO well up 'til now.

Golfnut
11th May 2011, 02:36 PM
Will do, thanks for the timely advice..... And to think I was just about to sign up and get ripped off.

TourFit
11th May 2011, 04:42 PM
Yep, you've worked SO hard to get the 'Nutcap down to 14 (or whatever it is)...

...I'd HATE for you to fork out dorras AND end up at a real handicap of 20.

:mrgreen:

Golfnut
11th May 2011, 04:57 PM
That just may well be worth it if It gets me out to 20.....where do I sign ;)

Johnny Canuck
11th May 2011, 05:00 PM
The same place you could have signed for the last 2 years.

rubin
11th May 2011, 05:18 PM
hit it up Nut.
It'll stop your whingeing and whining about us not taking your Nutcap seriously, and you can enter one of the huge number of open comps around the place (KB allow you to join any comp other than the monthly for example.)

TourFit
11th May 2011, 06:47 PM
That just may well be worth it if It gets me out to 20.....where do I sign ;)

'Nutcap notwithstanding...I don't think you've shown anything LESS than being about a 20!!! I mean no disrespect either, but playing 'socially' is not comp...I played for years and shot better, more consistent scores than I did after I joined ML.

Different mindset, different courses, playing with different people week in week out.

Golfnut
11th May 2011, 10:00 PM
'Nutcap notwithstanding...I don't think you've shown anything LESS than being about a 20!!! I mean no disrespect either, but playing 'socially' is not comp...I played for years and shot better, more consistent scores than I did after I joined ML.

Different mindset, different courses, playing with different people week in week out.

Agree 100%....funny you and a couple of others didn't chime in a few weeks ago :roll:
That was exactly my argument with JC.........not that it mattered, I sucked so badly that day anyway.

Golfnut
11th May 2011, 10:01 PM
hit it up Nut.
It'll stop your whingeing and whining about us not taking your Nutcap seriously, and you can enter one of the huge number of open comps around the place (KB allow you to join any comp other than the monthly for example.)

I'm still trying to decide whether to take you seriously rubin ;)

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 12:28 AM
Join somewhere. Get AGU. Profit.

TourFit
12th May 2011, 01:10 AM
The last part will never happen with that Canuck prick about...

Pieface
12th May 2011, 11:07 AM
Join somewhere. Chop it to get inflated AGU. Profit.

Fixed!

rubin
12th May 2011, 12:01 PM
Fixed!

thats what i did. I figure i'll start playing properly now and win a few things.... ;)

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 12:33 PM
Fixed!

You and bergsey both have a complex.

Pieface
12th May 2011, 12:53 PM
You and bergsey both have a complex.

Shouldn't you be playing more comps? Surely one of the harty lads would have hosted you today.

I am complex I don't have a complex ;) ;p

bergsey
12th May 2011, 12:54 PM
it's called sooky la-la complex

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Shouldn't you be playing more comps? Surely one of the harty lads would have hosted you today.

I am complex I don't have a complex ;) ;p

I have work. And don't want to fail uni. And need to keep my handicap in the high teens range to take out the MP.

Pieface
12th May 2011, 01:06 PM
*Slow handclap*

Bravo Yossarian Bravo!

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks mate, it is a nine step program.

TourFit
12th May 2011, 03:54 PM
thanks mate, it is a nine putt program.

fixed!!

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 03:57 PM
Hence the need for the handicap, to beat you in matchplay.

Johnny Canuck
12th May 2011, 04:07 PM
We're going to have to alter your Nutcap.

MegaWatty
12th May 2011, 04:09 PM
We're going to have to alter your Nuts.

Fixed and that's what she did!

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 04:09 PM
:lol:

I think 18 is fair. I am a very average golfer.

Pieface
12th May 2011, 04:26 PM
Yoss actually putts pretty well when it's not a comp round

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 04:34 PM
Ha!

Pieface
12th May 2011, 04:51 PM
Nice Avatar!

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 04:52 PM
I can't read yours.

Pieface
12th May 2011, 04:57 PM
Not missing much really.

i am no good under pressure

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 04:58 PM
Not missing much really.

i am no good in bunkers on the 18th

;)

Pieface
12th May 2011, 05:01 PM
Ha!

Pieface
12th May 2011, 05:15 PM
defeated in an avatar battle. Yoss 2 up

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 05:21 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5925/victoryk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/victoryk.jpg/)

bergsey
12th May 2011, 05:58 PM
Yoss you still got that bag for the visually impaired ?

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 05:59 PM
The bag that kicked you arse you mean ;) Yes I do. Its super!

bergsey
12th May 2011, 06:08 PM
superghey !

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 09:45 PM
All done....move along, nothing to see here.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 09:46 PM
You joined?

rubin
12th May 2011, 09:47 PM

whoa!

back up a second......

Does that mean GolfNut has spent the money? :smt108:-k

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 09:48 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6352/nucm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/nucm.jpg/)

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 09:55 PM
You joined?

whoa!

back up a second......

Does that mean GolfNut has spent the money? :smt108:-k

Doneski......chopped it up quite nicely too for my first card:D

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 09:56 PM

Nice where at?

Cosmopolite
12th May 2011, 09:57 PM

crikey - we had better crack the champagne to celebrate!

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 09:59 PM
Nice where at?

GI.

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:00 PM
crikey - we had better crack the champagne to celebrate!

Make it Moet and I'm there Cosmo.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 10:00 PM
GI.

You chopped it at GI? Oh dear. Sandbagging at its finest.

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:05 PM
Made sure it wasn't too ridiculous......I think one of my playing partners started to smell a rat after I hit the last par 5 in 2 and then 4 jacked it......:lol:

Nah, I actually played my normal shots in, hit driver harder than normal, probably tried to attempt a few crazy shots I would not have normally that ended up costly to the score. I didn't spend too much time over putts either.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 10:07 PM
Ok so the nutcap of 14 will stand. Cool :)

Cosmopolite
12th May 2011, 10:09 PM
Make it Moet and I'm there Cosmo.

If only I could afford it.................

MegaWatty
12th May 2011, 10:10 PM
Good on ya nut. That last par 5 (17?) is gold as it plays with the sea breeze when it's in.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 10:11 PM
17 indeed. Plays very short. As does 18. And 10. And most of the back nine.

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:12 PM
Ok so the nutcap of 14 will stand. Cool :)

Hahaha.....not likely.....was stroke comp too so all shots counted.

MegaWatty
12th May 2011, 10:17 PM
No they don't. They will chop back anything over +3 on a hole.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 10:18 PM
I say we keep him on 14. Sandbaggers disgust me.

MegaWatty
12th May 2011, 10:19 PM

Solly. :(

Johnny Canuck
12th May 2011, 10:25 PM

Agree. In fact, I think we should penalise him two shots. Welcome to 12 Nut.

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Hahaha.....not likely.....was stroke comp too so all shots counted.

how did you know I +3'd a few holes ;)

MegaWatty
12th May 2011, 10:26 PM
I was talking about your +4's and 5's. ;)

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 10:30 PM
Bam.

What did you shoot nut?

hartfield soon for comp?

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:37 PM
I was talking about your +4's and 5's. ;)

Those too....:oops:

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:40 PM
What did you shoot nut?

99 :oops:

hartfield soon for comp?

Let's do it :lol:.....Nothing like angry old men chasing you out of the place swinging their beige cardy's because you took the chocolates :mrgreen:

Nuffie
12th May 2011, 10:42 PM
Nut, you did it. BRAVO amico! PM being sent shortly.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 10:43 PM
Is that a company of amigos nuffie?

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 10:49 PM
Nut, you did it. BRAVO amico!

Thanks Nuff......you next?

Pieface
12th May 2011, 10:50 PM
His Spanish is slightly better than his French at least.

Well done GN on joining up. Trust me it's harder shooting a number when it counts against a public measuring stick, for prizes etc

TourFit
12th May 2011, 10:53 PM
99 :oops:

Let's do it :lol:.....Nothing like angry old men chasing you out of the place swinging their beige cardy's because you took the chocolates :mrgreen:

99 around Glen Iris...:shock: You really are a chopper, aren't you?

And you're thinkin' of takin the chocolates at Harty. You'll win bugger all playin' like that. I reckon 40 pts gets you a mention and little else in prizes!

Heard a story a few weeks back that a Lakelands weekend comp (Sat PM, I think) was won with 51pts...

What the hell can you do to beat that...I'd have to shoot 66 off the bat for a nett 58 to get that many points!

Nuffie
12th May 2011, 10:58 PM
Is that a company of amigos nuffie?
If my memory from yr 8 LOTE serves me correctly:

Amico = male friend
Amica = female friend
Amicis = group of friends

I think Amigo means male friend in Spanish and Amigos is the plural.

Nuffie
12th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks Nuff......you next?

That a good question mate. I'm looking into a couple of options but at the moment, you 'new affiliation' is leading the race.

Pieface
12th May 2011, 11:08 PM
thanks nuff......you next?

that a good question mate. I'm looking into a couple of options but at the moment, you 'new affiliation' is leading the race.

bff?

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 11:15 PM

bff?

You're next Spongebob!

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 11:16 PM
99 around Glen Iris...:shock: You really are a chopper, aren't you?

:wink:

Johnny Canuck
12th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Did you really sandbag GN, or is it a convenient excuse to hide the fact that you really chopped it?

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Sandbagging...

Nuffie
12th May 2011, 11:29 PM

bff?

Haha!

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Did you really sandbag GN, or is it a convenient excuse to hide the fact that you really chopped it?

No comment.

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 11:33 PM
Man up which is it?

Golfnut
12th May 2011, 11:35 PM
I shot 80 last time ooot there a month ago.......happy?

Yossarian
12th May 2011, 11:37 PM
So baggin? Yo

bergsey
12th May 2011, 11:58 PM

rubin
13th May 2011, 12:24 AM

:smt023

Nuffie
13th May 2011, 12:44 AM
Nut playing for a handicap will seem like hell if he isn't used to the mind aspects of the game.

Not denying that he sandbagged, but there's a lot more smart thinking that needs to happen than in a carefree social hit - to cope with the pressure of shooting a decent score. No matter how bad it seems, one must keep it
together.

If you are care free and not used to having expectations
during a round, things can go from good to bad faster
than a duck (TourFit) flying through Chinatown or dog (me) runnin through Cabramatta.

But after a few rounds, it all evens out and our real handicaps prevail.

TourFit
13th May 2011, 09:43 AM
...than a duck (TourFit) flying through Chinatown or dog (me) runnin through Cabramatta.

Pretty funny Nuff...:lol:

Shadesy
13th May 2011, 10:13 AM
I don't even think you can Sandbag a 99 at Glen Iris!

Pieface
13th May 2011, 10:39 AM
Given GN career does this mean he Bag o Shitted rather than sandbagged?

If you deliberately played bad shots to inflate your 'cap Nut...very disappoint.

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 10:45 AM
I am of the same opinion as PF. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are joking about sandbagging. It totally goes against what this game is all about and the honour involved by effectively self monitoring one's self.

Saying that, my handicap cards had a 75 at Burswood and a 100 at Joondalup. I didn't bag. I just hit ginormous cuts. :)

Shadesy
13th May 2011, 10:57 AM
Should he keep his Nutcap (for all ozgolf events) until his AGU Cap reaches it....

Once they are the same, the AGU takes precedence! :lol:

Pieface
13th May 2011, 11:11 AM
Chopping it is fine. Once you settle down knowing that it "counts" you start playing closer to your potential and the 'cap will reflect this.

I prefer to think the best of 'nut.

Nuffie
13th May 2011, 11:20 AM
Chopping it is fine. Once you settle down knowing that it "counts" you start playing closer to your potential and the 'cap will reflect this.

I prefer to think the best of 'nut.

I think you managed to summarise in one sentence, what I was trying to get out about 7 posts back...

Nice work :)

does this mean he Bag o Shitted rather than sandbagged?

That's a classic:smt044!

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 11:22 AM
Which sentence?

Nuffie
13th May 2011, 11:28 AM
Which sentence?

The second one:

Once you settle down knowing that it "counts" you start playing closer to your potential and the 'cap will reflect this.

Very well evaluated. Spoken like a real playa.

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2011, 11:33 AM
Made sure it wasn't too ridiculous......I think one of my playing partners started to smell a rat after I hit the last par 5 in 2 and then 4 jacked it......:lol:

Nah, I actually played my normal shots in, hit driver harder than normal, probably tried to attempt a few crazy shots I would not have normally that ended up costly to the score. I didn't spend too much time over putts either.

Dirty Nut. When's the next sandbagging adventure scheduled for(

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Reading that again isn't a pretty picture. It might be time for a new avatar Canuck.

Golfnut
13th May 2011, 12:23 PM
Dirty Nut. When's the next sandbagging adventure scheduled for(

At least the next 7 rounds

simmsy
13th May 2011, 12:34 PM
'nut, i've just booked you in for Harty with me and Seldom.

Next thursday 8:09 10th tee.

Bring it.

simmsy
13th May 2011, 12:35 PM
well done by the way on finally doing something about it. just out of interest if you think the greens at Cott are fast wait till you get to Harty next week.

TourFit
13th May 2011, 12:43 PM
It totally goes against what this game is all about and the honour involved by effectively self abusing one's self.

... I didn't bag. I just love ginormous cu*ts. :)

Fixed...

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 12:44 PM
They were fast, but so super pure. It's a great time to be golfing in Perth at the moment.

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 12:44 PM
Fixed...

That's why I like you.You fit both descriptions.

Yossarian
13th May 2011, 12:49 PM
well done by the way on finally doing something about it. just out of interest if you think the greens at Cott are fast wait till you get to Harty next week.

That pure eh?

simmsy
13th May 2011, 12:57 PM
yeah mate they are sweet atm moment, still hold your shots, watty sucked one back as hard as any you've done yoss and just rolled super nice. Autumn best time of year for golf, no question.

TourFit
13th May 2011, 01:00 PM
That's why I like you.You fit both descriptions.

It was the start of my new autobiography in fact...

Yossarian
13th May 2011, 01:02 PM
yeah mate they are sweet atm moment, still hold your shots, watty sucked one back as hard as any you've done yoss and just rolled super nice. Autumn best time of year for golf, no question.

Nice, I'll have to sneak out with you guys again soon.

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2011, 01:27 PM
Reading that again isn't a pretty picture. It might be time for a new avatar Canuck.
What's wrong with Seve, or have you changed my avatar, Lord Watty?

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 01:30 PM
Nothing.

No.

I thought our prison mate might be making a return.

Pieface
13th May 2011, 01:32 PM
Johnny Canuck I am disappoint

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2011, 01:35 PM
What am I missing here?

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 01:37 PM
I thought your avatar would be the huge dude with no neck and what appears to be a prison issued shirt or sweater (in your words) with the words I am disappoint printed below him. I also thought that the name typed across his forehead would now be Golfnut.

Does that now make more sense?

Johnny Canuck
13th May 2011, 01:39 PM
It will appear. Can't do it now on my phone.

I am no longer confuse.

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 01:40 PM
Ay.

Nuffie
13th May 2011, 02:02 PM
I am no longer con-fuser.

Fixed.

But if I end up with a son one day and call him 'Con' he will be :wink:.

Golfnut, its time to face your fear and take on Harty. Who cares how you go, just DYB DYB DYB (Do Your Best) like a good cub scout:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBu0czfOtuMkzs6k9k6ndfMkUa1EGjR kKqxvmbA4GQA741gohH
AND
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvet8kDbGxIgjXGTf5YIiFvBi7qwKz-A617HurtxeNMe2d7LNTaA
8-)

Yossarian
13th May 2011, 02:05 PM
Nuffie have you just found out about image hosting sites?

Nuffie
13th May 2011, 02:11 PM
Nuffie have you just found out about image hosting sites?

Everytime you post a picture, it's meant to be 1000 words you save.

That's got to be good, coz in my case it prob means 10,000 words.

I bet its easy to tell on ozgolf when things aren't too busy at my work.

Fit is prob in the same boat too.

TourFit
13th May 2011, 02:26 PM
I thought your avatar would be the huge dude with no neck and what appears to be a prison issued shirt or sweater (in your words) with the words I am disappoint printed below him. I also thought that the name typed across his forehead would now be Golfnut.

That is actually a older pic of Adlo, without his current hippy beard and long hair...

I bet its easy to tell on ozgolf when things aren't too busy at my work. 'Fit is prob in the same boat too.

Not really no, just quick checks in coffee breaks and waiting for glue to dry...

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 02:30 PM
Do you ever smell the glue fit? It smells so good. I was smelling my putter yesterday when reading the green.

Can you buy it at Bunnings? I actually need some for my clubs. :)

TourFit
13th May 2011, 02:36 PM
Grip glue or epoxy for clubheads...? Reading back on what you said, I take it you meant for the grip.

After a WHOLE day of it, it tends to be a little too much. (my thoughts are that Nuffie must have some!!!)

If you want any, I'll get you some in a jar, from my big 4L tin.

MegaWatty
13th May 2011, 02:49 PM
Sweet. I can imagine it becomes overpowering.

Nuffie
14th May 2011, 08:55 PM
That glue makes clubs seem like they are new, it's a 'new' sort of smell.

And congrats SeldomEagles if you are reading, shooting both a 37 pt round and another 41 pt score this week, both at Hartfield. Well played on those slick, firm greens.

TourFit
14th May 2011, 09:55 PM
Awesome...SE's 'cap is a-tumblin'...I'm also playin' with an Old Man who couldn't hit a driving range from side on and then there's Golfnut.

Skins anyone...?

adlo
14th May 2011, 09:58 PM
Awesome...SE's 'cap is a-tumblin'...I'm also playin' with an Old Man who couldn't hit a driving range from side on and then there's Golfnut.

Skins anyone...?

Painfully hilarious

Yossarian
14th May 2011, 10:01 PM
Au contraire, I think Simmsy could just hang onto the left edge of a range if facing 90's to the left.

TourFit
15th May 2011, 09:38 AM
We need a large #2 to stick on his back next time he plays.

Golfnut
19th May 2011, 11:32 PM
2nd card in today....1 to go :D

Johnny Canuck
19th May 2011, 11:39 PM
Locations, amount of sandbagging results?

Golfnut
19th May 2011, 11:40 PM
GI, 86 ots.

Johnny Canuck
19th May 2011, 11:43 PM
Much better. Looks like you played honest this time.

Golfnut
19th May 2011, 11:51 PM
Much better. Looks like you played honest this time.

Sort of......just didn't play dumb, I actually seem to struggle a bit on the front 9 always.....came home strong with 2 over for the back 9.
Hit driver crazy good throughout with only 1 bad low hook on 3, played irons ok, putted terribly on the front but had about 14 putts on the back.

Pieface
19th May 2011, 11:59 PM
Well done 'nut!

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2011, 12:13 AM
Looks like the Nutcap of 14 could be somewhat close.

Yossarian
20th May 2011, 12:21 AM
Well done nut!

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 12:22 AM
Looks like the Nutcap of 14 could be somewhat close.

Be nice to think so but I'm not consistent enough through 18 to hold down 14.......18 maybe.

Nice to have found a good driver that really works for me, makes the long par 4's (380m+) much more enjoyable.....actually had the long drive sewn up with a bomb on 11, that was until one of my playing partners smashed out a 290m drive that found the short stuff :shock:

Well done 'nut!

Well done nut!

Cheers lads.

MegaWatty
20th May 2011, 12:24 AM
Shot.

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2011, 12:25 AM
You had it sewn up? You must have been looking at the ladies marker.

What driver are you using?

Yossarian
20th May 2011, 12:28 AM
There are long par 4 at Glen Iris?

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 12:29 AM
FT-iq with Fubuki Tour.......wind assisted 290m but was still a massive hit. I was 20m past the previous LD and he was 30m past me.

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 12:30 AM
There are long par 4 at Glen Iris?

Sorry miss read the post Yoss.....

9th 395m
15th 385m

Yeah not massive but a decent test with some breeze blowing.

Yossarian
20th May 2011, 12:38 AM
I remember 9 it does play longish, 15 is that blind doglegish over a hill?

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 12:41 AM
Spot on.

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2011, 12:41 AM
nice driver and shaft.

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 12:46 AM
nice driver and shaft.

Was using Adlo's 11* head today.......had better launch compared to the 10* - more carry, bit less rollout.

Got a spare Fubuki Tour up at 'Fits, thinking of trying it in the Burner 3w just to bring the spin down a little.

Pieface
20th May 2011, 09:56 AM
I take it you aren't having altitude problems with your 3W anymore 'nut?

More loft on the driver is working much better for me...when I don't chop it :lol:

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 10:32 AM
I take it you aren't having altitude problems with your 3W anymore 'nut?

More loft on the driver is working much better for me...when I don't chop it :lol:

3w off the tee is excellent height wise.....the lack of height off the deck is more due to the lie angle with it sitting too toe up, shortening the shaft a bit will improve this assuming I don't lose too much swing weight in the process.
Fubuki may go into one of 'Fit's 17* 4w heads first for a run.

Shadesy
20th May 2011, 10:35 AM
9 is a very good hole IMO!

TourFit
20th May 2011, 11:51 AM
There are good holes at Glen Iris?

Yossarian
20th May 2011, 11:53 AM
A few, it could be a really nice course. There a far to many short 4's though IMO and the second is one of the stupidest holes in WA.

MegaWatty
20th May 2011, 11:55 AM
I like the 3 to 7 stretch.

TourFit
20th May 2011, 12:14 PM
3 is OK, I guess.
4 has too much slope pushing the ball towards the water. The area down ther just gets too many divots and wear.
5 is quite decent.
6 is stoopid...reminiscent of The Cut 17 (without the boonge).
7 is probably the best hole on the Front 9...without being great.

MegaWatty
20th May 2011, 12:37 PM
It's a cheap public track. It's not meant to have good solid world class holes.

Yossarian
20th May 2011, 12:47 PM
I think 4 pushes it down there less than you think fit. You can also get some decent reward there IMO by really taking that corner on. Or you can play over onto the 5 tee and have a nice wedge shot in.

And what mega said. It is a solid layout for a public track, just wish they could keep the condition a little better.

Golfnut
20th May 2011, 12:51 PM
I don't mind the course layout.....but then again I don't over analyse any holes on any course.....I look more for conditioning and play the course for what it is.

GI is looking a lot better than it has in recent years....greens weren't rolling too badly considering they were cored & sanded about 2 weeks ago.

BayBum
21st May 2011, 12:59 PM
I played there last sunday.It has the potential to be an above avg track with some added length on a few holes & abit more maintanance here n there.The bunkers are well placed & the water holes keep it interesting,gets windy there too for an in-land course.Its quite a popular place,moreso than i expected anyways.

Yossarian
21st May 2011, 01:00 PM
It is Perth, a city of wind. PM nuffles to chat about it :)

Agree the short 4 are what kills it, especially on the back 9.

idgolfguy
22nd May 2011, 09:35 AM
I played there last sunday.It has the potential to be an above avg track with some added length on a few holes & abit more maintanance here n there.The bunkers are well placed & the water holes keep it interesting,gets windy there too for an in-land course.Its quite a popular place,moreso than i expected anyways.
I've played there when it was first built. Very nice until residential starting encroaching in. The length got reduced and narrowed as a result. It was a good parcel of length.

BayBum
22nd May 2011, 11:19 AM
It is Perth, a city of wind. PM nuffles to chat about it :)

Agree the short 4 are what kills it, especially on the back 9.
Katabatic lol

Im no stranger to wind m8,perth is a zepher compared to home but it keeps me comfortable :) Theres a giant orange ball in the sky that im no so accustomed too tho...

Nuffie
22nd May 2011, 09:28 PM
Have even sort of got it under control in the breeze at KB lately. But when it blows into your face on the 9th and 18th tees at Hartfield, you really need to bring it or else you find yourself in beaver territory, eating wood.

Pieface
22nd May 2011, 09:32 PM
Have even sort of got it under control in the breeze at KB lately. But when it blows into your face on the 9th and 18th tees at Hartfield, you really need to bring it or else you find yourself in beaver territory, eating wood.

Sounds like a standard Saturday night out for Yoss. No wonder the lad is confused.

adlo
22nd May 2011, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a standard Saturday night out for Yoss. No wonder the lad is confused.

:smt038

:smt046

Glen Iris is a POS by the way.

MegaWatty
22nd May 2011, 09:51 PM
Other quality council tracks in WA?

Shadesy
22nd May 2011, 09:58 PM
I play GI every Friday (9)! It's fun for what it is.

Pieface
22nd May 2011, 10:00 PM
For the council tracks I still think Carramar is one of the best layouts. The conditioning has been shite lately which is disappointing. It was in good nick late last year and was really fun to play. The first is a bit lame but it gets the punters away at least.

Wembley is a great facility now. Not the best layouts in the world but conditioning and facility wise it is top notch. Front 9 on Tuart I think is good fun now I have played it a few times and know where the fairway is going.

adlo
22nd May 2011, 10:00 PM
Wembley is the pick of the bunch. Great conditioning, good value, great facilities.

Johnny Canuck
22nd May 2011, 10:01 PM

I like beaver territory.

MegaWatty
22nd May 2011, 10:02 PM
Yes. Agreed. Glen Iris is OK for a hit and giggle. Much much worse around.

Shadesy
22nd May 2011, 10:07 PM
I like beaver territory.

Whilst getting wood eaten?

Johnny Canuck
22nd May 2011, 10:13 PM
they go mouth in mouth.

Yossarian
22nd May 2011, 10:33 PM
Pieface that was a good call.

Nuffie
23rd May 2011, 12:11 PM
Out of the public access courses that aren't private or resort, would have to say I've been most impressed by Carramar and Hillview.

Glen Iris shorter than the above two, but has possibly better greens and aesthetics IMO. It plays too short but almost has the feel of a private club.

Burswood has a good location, with some challenging holes. I would include it in my top 4 public, non-private/non-resorts to play.

Maylands, Whaleback and Marrangaroo are reasonable, just a bit on the easy side but for the average player, not a prob.

Rosehill did not do much for me.

Would definitely put Carramar, Hillview, Glen Iris and Burswood at the top, followed by Wembley (Old).

I must say, Wembley's conditioning has really lifted it's game of late. The greens are a better pace now than they were 3 years ago, nowhere near as slow as they were before. Just a good average speed.

Still prefer the Old course though as opposed to the Tuart.

Golfnut
23rd May 2011, 11:14 PM
Front 9 of Tuart was looking (and playing) very ordinary a couple of weeks ago, back 9 was great......1st option is always Old course out there. Haven't been out to Carramar or Hillview but they may get a look-in over winter.

Not that I over analyze courses too much but I think GI is an excellent public setup, lack of length is it's only real drawback imo....the bunkering and greens complexes are excellent and well set out. Water hazards are not too over used either......conditioning has improved immensely over the past 6-9 months but it still needs more work.

bergsey
23rd May 2011, 11:41 PM
Out of the public access courses that aren't private or resort, would have to say I've been most impressed by Carramar and Hillview.

Hillview...seriously?

Been a long time since i've played there but last time they didn't even have grass on the fairways

Whats your review on Embleton Nuff?.... Fore !!

Yossarian
23rd May 2011, 11:42 PM
Hillview has a pretty par 3 with a creek, the rest of the course was pretty rubbish from memory.

Veefore
24th May 2011, 09:15 AM
Hillview is very different now to the old days when I used to play there. Back then it was known as Hawk Valley though most people called it Death Valley because it was like a desert. Now, a lot of the trees have grown and a new group of investors have taken over the lease for the course, ploughing a lot of money and effort into improving the condition.

Nuffie
24th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Hillview...seriously?

Been a long time since i've played there but last time they didn't even have grass on the fairways

Whats your review on Embleton Nuff?.... Fore !!

Hillview is on my agenda in the next couple of months. At work we have a voucher for 18 holes, range balls and a meal, that the staff need to use as a group one Sunday. The greens there are a bit small, but the fairways are gradually lifting their game.

Embleton is ok for a few quick irons shots after work. Think I used driver only once or twice and could have easily left it at home. Ive played Embleton 3 times now.

Conditioning there is always good with green, lush, kikuyu fairways, greens are a bit slowish and some of the softest I've seen in Perth (and they were like that during all the times I've played there).

Embleton is what it is, a public course for lots of casual/retiree golfers that play through the week in social groups. It can not be critiqued in comparison to longer courses. It's not quite a pitch and putt, but a shortish style course.

Golfnut
27th May 2011, 10:58 PM
3rd card in....Stroke comp at SH today. Very impressed, conditioning is outstanding, greens were extremely quick once they dried out by mid morning.

Shot 92, lost the plot with the putter when the greens dried out after starting well.....had a much better back 9 with 43 once I got a handle on the greens.

Hopefully have the official handicap online by tomorrow.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:00 PM
What are the 3 scores you've carded mate?

idgolfguy
27th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Embleton is ok for a few quick irons shots after work. Think I used driver only once or twice and could have easily left it at home. Ive played Embleton 3 times now.

Conditioning there is always good with green, lush, kikuyu fairways, greens are a bit slowish and some of the softest I've seen in Perth (and they were like that during all the times I've played there).

Embleton is what it is, a public course for lots of casual/retiree golfers that play through the week in social groups. It can not be critiqued in comparison to longer courses. It's not quite a pitch and putt, but a shortish style course.
There are 4 x par 4 with the longest being 320m and the shortest being 210m.

Par 3s range from 110m to 140m, thus no driver or long clubs required.. About $9 to play.

Golfnut
27th May 2011, 11:33 PM
What are the 3 scores you've carded mate?

99, 86, 92......but I think a few strokes will taken off for 99 score to bring it back to 94 or 95.

MegaWatty
27th May 2011, 11:35 PM
All par 72?

rubin
27th May 2011, 11:37 PM
Nice shootin nut. Where was the 86?

Golfnut
28th May 2011, 12:31 AM
All par 72?

First 2 at GI so par 71 acr 69, SH is par 72...not sure of the acr

MegaWatty
28th May 2011, 12:34 AM