PDA

View Full Version : Cheap game @ Brookwater GC 3Apr

Davemason
24th March 2005, 05:52 PM
Just got on to ezlink.com and they have a tee time at BrookwaterGC @ 10:40am for US$50 and that is about AUD$65.

Or if any one can get a better deal

I'll be in Brisbane on the weekend off 2-3 Apr is any one interested in a game at brooky for that price on Sunday ,I need at lest one more to get it at that price.
Mybe Gazgolf we can have our match play there?
If anyone is interested can you let me know and I'll book it ,I'll try and wait until we have 4 players.

1 davemason

terryand
24th March 2005, 07:16 PM
Very interested Dave, will let you know in a coupleladays.

Just have to see how this W/E pans out.

Come on A-Lo it was meant to be.

Terry.

Davemason
24th March 2005, 09:40 PM
Very interested Dave, will let you know in a coupleladays.

Just have to see how this W/E pans out.

Come on A-Lo it was meant to be.

Terry.

Good to hear Terry , if you can get A-lo there and I can get Gazgolf it will be a match play day to remember.
let me know sooner than later so I can book
Come on A-lo and Gaz let this be a happening thing.

gazgolf1
25th March 2005, 10:24 AM
I'm in. 8)

1 davemason
2 gazgolf1

Davemason
25th March 2005, 10:47 AM
Now all we need is Terry and A-lo
come on guys show us that you are game.

andylo
25th March 2005, 06:49 PM

Love to but $65 to be is steep to me nowadays.... so far (unemployed)

Davemason
25th March 2005, 09:47 PM

Love to but $65 to be is steep to me nowadays.... so far (unemployed)
Mate beg,borrow or steal cause at $65 that is a steal for Brookwater.

But if you can't afford it ,you can't afford it

Any one else as I'm going to book it on Monday

terryand
25th March 2005, 09:49 PM
Count me in.

1 davemason
2 gazgolf1
3 tezza

Terry.

Davemason
25th March 2005, 09:57 PM
Cool I think a mate of mine from the GoldCoast might play I'll give him a ring, but I'll give A-lo until tomorrow if he changes his mind
then I'll book it, and give you guys the details

BrisVegas
25th March 2005, 10:07 PM
Brooky is looking as good as it's ever looked at the moment. You blokes will enjoy the day. I'll be playing there that day already in a 9 hole ambrose social thing. Might see you guys there.

I had a game out there with brooky17 this morning. I had a million (lucky Nudgee didn't play me!) but Jayson had his best comp round ever there. 44 points off 17 hcap, including an 8 for a wash on the 17th. 81 off the bat.... Awesome! I reckon Jayson will be off 14-15 tomorrow. 8)

nudgee
25th March 2005, 11:28 PM
I will be the fourth person

1 davemason
2 gazgolf1
3 tezza
4 Nudgee

Davemason
26th March 2005, 08:54 AM
The booking has been done, now mark it down in your diary for the 3 April @ 10:40am tee off

I got the tee times for $US40 that is $AUD50-55 depending on the exchange rate they charge me with , I'll let you know what they charge the credit card and you can pay on the day.

Just remember that they are prepaid so if you don't turn up I'll come a hunting

1 davemason
2 gazgolf1
3 tezza
4 Nudgee

Game on

nudgee
29th March 2005, 11:28 AM
So what time is everyone turning up to this prestigeous event?? Does the $65 includs golf balls at the range??

Cheers

gazgolf1
29th March 2005, 12:10 PM
So what time is everyone turning up to this prestigeous event?? Does the $65 includs golf balls at the range??

Cheers

I'll be there at 10am...gotta have some time to check out that new driver of yours. :wink:

Davemason
29th March 2005, 04:12 PM

Cheers
Not to sure if it does just have to ask on the day, and the day will only cost $55

I'll be there at 10am...gotta have some time to check out that new driver of yours. :wink:

I hope to be there at 10 as I've got to book people as I've got the confirmation No from EzLink tee time,
I'm coming from the HolidayInn Roma st I've been told it is about a 30min trip hope I don't get lost.
See you all there.
Can't wait And I don't even care if win or lose the match play just going to play the course.

gazgolf1
29th March 2005, 05:36 PM
Sounds good Dave,let us know if you need directions. 8)

BrisVegas
30th March 2005, 09:15 AM
Brooky is looking as good as it's ever looked at the moment. You blokes will enjoy the day. I'll be playing there that day already in a 9 hole ambrose social thing. Might see you guys there.

Won't see you guys on the course now (landscaping work to do), but I'll keep an eye out over the back fence for when you come past. Any donated ProV1's in the trees up the left side of 18 are gratefully accepted.

Feel free to drop in afterwards for a cold one. 8)

terryand
30th March 2005, 05:13 PM

Won't see you guys on the course now (landscaping work to do), but I'll keep an eye out over the back fence for when you come past. Any donated ProV1's in the trees up the left side of 18 are gratefully accepted.

Feel free to drop in afterwards for a cold one. 8)

Don't worry Vegas, we'll let you know as we go past :wink:

Terry.

Davemason
31st March 2005, 07:27 PM
Well I think I'm right for directions from the City to Springfield, If anyone wants a lift on the way through let me know. I'll be away from my computer from Saturday morning at sparrows fart to travel to Brissy so if I don't hear from you guys see you at Brooky at 10 for check in.

gazgolf1
3rd April 2005, 05:41 PM
Great day at Brooky today...thanks Dave for organising it. 8)
The course today was in great nick (second game there for me) and I think I've got more of an appreciation for the track now.
Dave and I played our matchplay today and I won 1 up on the last after a battle all day.
Congrats to Terry for winning the comp on the day and a special thanks to Mr and Mrs Brisvegas for their hospitality on the back deck (and a couple of tasty beers) :wink:

Onewood
3rd April 2005, 07:40 PM
Great day at Brooky today...thanks Dave for organising it. 8)
The course today was in great nick (second game there for me) and I think I've got more of an appreciation for the track now.
Dave and I played our matchplay today and I won 1 up on the last after a battle all day.
Congrats to Terry for winning the comp on the day and a special thanks to Mr and Mrs Brisvegas for their hospitality on the back deck (and a couple of tasty beers) :wink:

Scores please Gaz 8) and a few more details on the matchplay.....hole by hole will do :D congrats on the win =D>

Tezza, did you hit some form or does a nett 80 win the comp out there :D

Eag's
3rd April 2005, 07:56 PM
Well done Gaz, sounds like it was a good match :smt023
Good to see Tez is still in fine form, ready to tear Woodford apart mate :wink:

terryand
3rd April 2005, 08:27 PM
Had a fun day nice to meet MatthewM and JJJ, and thanks to G69 for the invite, 72 holes in three day's was my excuss

whilst sitting around having a nice cold beer (and waiting and waiting and waiting for the food to come out ) after the game, I was very interested in the way Matt and JJJ could remember every hole and explain the good and the improvements that could be done to each and every hole I've played there about 5 times and had to go back through the holes one by one to see which hole they were talking about this is after one game awesome...

I've never been into reading the reports on courses that these guys have done, but after seeing what they carry on about, it is very interesting should I say....some very good points pointed out

I would give you an example but I can't remember which hole went with which improvement

Matt or JJJ I would be interested in reading your review of the course if you could post it on this site for me....cheers

Blakey, the result were as follows
MatthewM, 31 $6,000
Golfer69, 25 $2,500
JJJ,.........25 $2,500
Onewood, 22$1,000

Did you think I wouldn't look for this,BTW I had 32 pts(13/19) Solid back nine of 2 over with a double on 17 :oops:

Terry.

Onewood
3rd April 2005, 08:36 PM
32 points and you win the day :shock: you are going to ring them and tell them you're to Embarrassed :oops: :oops: to take a prize for that score right :wink: :D

terryand
3rd April 2005, 08:50 PM
32 points and you win the day :shock: you are going to ring them and tell them you're to Embarrassed :oops: :oops: to take a prize for that score right :wink: :D

No way,$25 voucher,but then you gotta spend another 40 or 50 to get a shirt :?

Also thanks to Dave for organizing the day and Gaz and Lance(Armstrong) for the game. Thanks to Vegas fot being our Flagtart for the last 5 holes and the drinks on the deck after the game.

Its so easy to forget how good this place is after not playing there for 6 months.Took the front nine to get used to the perfect,fast greens after the game at Logan on Wednesday.

Terry.

Jarro
4th April 2005, 04:42 AM

must have been some match to go right down to the wire :shock:

terryand
4th April 2005, 06:22 AM

must have been some match to go right down to the wire :shock:

It was a ripper...Dave jumped out to 3 up after 3,then there was a win each so still 3 up after 5.

I think it was 2 up half way,then Gaz got to 2 up with 3 to play, then Dave won the next 2 and Gaz hend his nerve to hole a 7 footer on the last and Dave missed a 6 footer.

And thats all she wrote.

Terry.

BrisVegas
4th April 2005, 07:21 AM

32 points is a good effort around Brookwater. It's no pushover. 8)

I don't know what it is about Nudgee and that 18th hole. He always seems to find a MONSTER drive there... I'm yet to see anyone else thread a 300+ metre drive up that hill, around the tree and bunkers as easily as he does it. Freakish. :shock:

terryand
4th April 2005, 07:50 AM

32 points is a good effort around Brookwater. It's no pushover. 8)

I don't know what it is about Nudgee and that 18th hole. He always seems to find a MONSTER drive there... I'm yet to see anyone else thread a 300+ metre drive up that hill, around the tree and bunkers as easily as he does it. Freakish. :shock:

Thats what I was thinkin too Vegas,I reckon it would be worth about 55 pts around Logan,fair assessment 8) :wink:

Terry.

AndyP
4th April 2005, 08:03 AM
When I won a comp there, I seemed to do better off with the prizes.
Shirt, bottle of red, and a nice divot tool (with magnetic ball marker).
Won with 35 points on a Saturday.

Think I just missed out on the prizes when I had 17 points.

nudgee
4th April 2005, 09:52 AM
Great day!! Thanks Dave for organising such a cheap day out!. The matchplay was a great tussle. Kudos to Gaz for holing that 7 footer and comiserations to Dave for missing his putt. The course was in great nick - best I had seen it in years.

As for my effort well.... it seems that the last two rounds at Brooky have always been under the influence - I had my partner's 30th the night before which resulted in the consumption of many cocktails and getting to bed at around 3:30 am - to make matters worse I also participated in the Brookwater Classic Cycling Team Event which required me to ride 20 kms up and down the frigging hills of Brooky from 8:30 to 10:15 am. And let me say I am not built to do this type of exercise!!

Needless to say my first nine was an absolute shocker!! 11 points but as my body was recovering from the night before and the stupid cycle race I managed to get 18 points in the back nine with two washes :shock: for a total of 29.

Borrowed the old SMT from Tezza and I must say I bombed a few drives - and yes the one on the 18th was the best!!

Brisvegas very sorry I could not inspect the house and take you up on those beers but I just needed to go home and crash!! House does look spectacular though!!

Great company, awesome weather and $55 for a round at Brooky - what more could a person ask for :wink:

Onewood
4th April 2005, 02:57 PM
As for my effort well.... it seems that the last two rounds at Brooky have always been under the influence - I had my partner's 30th the night before which resulted in the consumption of many cocktails and getting to bed at around 3:30 am - to make matters worse I also participated in the Brookwater Classic Cycling Team Event which required me to ride 20 kms up and down the frigging hills of Brooky from 8:30 to 10:15 am. And let me say I am not built to do this type of exercise!!

Really sorry about the hangover Nudgee :cry: NOT :D

Why did'nt we hear about this bike ride :roll: I always miss out on the funny things in life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS
[-o< Please did someone get some pic's :wink: :D

nudgee
4th April 2005, 03:06 PM
1wood, if you are thinking that I was out there in tights and lycra jersey you are sadly mistaken. Mate I was pathetic!! Those hills around Brooky just plain killed me! At one stage I am sure there was a pedestrian walking alongside me at the same pace!

990B Luva
4th April 2005, 03:17 PM
1wood, if you are thinking that I was out there in tights and lycra jersey you are sadly mistaken. Mate I was pathetic!! Those hills around Brooky just plain killed me! At one stage I am sure there was a pedestrian walking alongside me at the same pace! :smt082 :smt042 :smt043 :smt044 :smt082

Davemason
4th April 2005, 04:50 PM
Well what a day The first time I've played Brooky and after a par on the first I was wondering what the fuss is all about but the course slowly took it's toll with a 16 on the front and 11 on the back (I didn't know what hit me) total of 27pts :oops: , But next time I'm in Brisbane and I can get another cheap game I'm there ,just loved it The GPS in the cart was magic to bad it had the wrong pin placements, I've played the other Greg Norman courses in Pelican Waters and The Glades and would put Brooky up top of the list .
Now to Gaz well done on the win I actually thought I might have got away with a win on the turn with 2up but you fought back and just made some booboos come down the last 4 holes but well played
And thanks to Terry for putting up with me in the cart and to Nudgee that was some good driving mate some huge balls off the tee.
And many thanks Bris for the post game drinks nice house ,pity about the yard next time I'm down I'll have to come out for a look.

terryand
4th April 2005, 05:01 PM
For Blakey.

Tezza...32
Gazgolf...31
nudgee...28
Davemason...27

Terry.