PDA

View Full Version : 2005 AFL Season

AndyP
24th March 2005, 09:43 AM
Hooray! Footy season is finally here.

Kicks off tonight with what should be a cracker of a game at the Gabba, with the Lions v Saints. I'll be there, and I'm sure Gaz will be too.

Hoping to see the start of the Lions downfall, although I have picked them for tonight.
I'll go put my tips in now.

The tough games to pick this weekend for me, are Lions v St. K, Ess v Melb, and Coll v WB.

Will Carlton continue to show their form from the Mickey Mouse pre-season comp and make the finals?
Will Port be unstoppable with "new" recruits, Francou and Primus?
Will the Hawks take the wooden spoon they are favourites for?
Which coach will get sacked first?
Will Saturday night live footy on Ten in Brisbane work? (It seems that Sydney are still getting screwed)

To take a line from Big Kev, I'm excited.

GO THE HAWKS!

Fishman Dan
24th March 2005, 09:50 AM
Should be a great season - plenty of teams on the up, and plenty of teams who have been 'up' aren't expected to do much this year - look under "Collingwood" and "Essendon". Also wouldn't be surprised if Sydney fail in a big way this year.

Carlton could go either way - be interesting to see how they handle round 1. Last year in this same match they got beaten by a freak 50m goal from the boundary line on the buzzer by Daniel Wells. This year they could win it by 10 goals, or lose by 2.

Sadly for you AP i think the Hawks will be battling the Tigers for the wooden spoon. The sooner Crawford is shown the door, the sooner the real rebuilding can commence.

Bring it on!!!

AndyP
24th March 2005, 10:11 AM
Sadly for you AP i think the Hawks will be battling the Tigers for the wooden spoon. The sooner Crawford is shown the door, the sooner the real rebuilding can commence.
Not expecting a great ladder position this year. 10th to 12th would be nice. But look out in 2007-8.
Just hoping to be more competitive this year, and not get flogged like some games last year, where we were pathetic.
Looking to get another 3 years or so out of Crawford, as he is a fantastic player.

Got your dream team finalised, Fish. I'm just adding the finishing touchs to mine.

Is Carlton in Sydney this year?

Onewood
24th March 2005, 10:11 AM
With Sheedy's little dummy spit last night, that "everybody is picking on the bombers" :cry: tells me the bombers are on the way down, if you have to start the mind games so early in the season, just to build your side up does'nt look good. Same goes for Wallace and the Tigers :roll:

The onewood final 8
West Coast
Port
Brisbane
St Kilda
Geelong
Freo
Melb
Carlton

I think it's a top 6 and then the rest :roll:

Fishman Dan
24th March 2005, 10:27 AM
Got your dream team finalised, Fish. I'm just adding the finishing touchs to mine.

Actually i haven't, and lack of access to that site from work could make it difficult. How long did it take to build your team?

We've got a test ADSL connection from work, but might be difficult. I'll get there, we bodgy IT people know all the nooks of a network ;)

AndyP
24th March 2005, 10:42 AM

Actually i haven't, and lack of access to that site from work could make it difficult. How long did it take to build your team?
A week. ;) Actually I printed out the info last week, and only looked at it while on the train to/from work.
The amount of time you spend on it, depends on how much you care. I spent a little time on it this morning to find a good balance, but not the amount I did a few years ago.

Site is going slow at the moment. Lock down is in 9hrs.

Fishman Dan
24th March 2005, 10:44 AM
Well i need to get most of it done by dialup from my office. What's the deal - pick 'x' players so you can interchange?

AndyP
24th March 2005, 11:36 AM
Well i need to get most of it done by dialup from my office. What's the deal - pick 'x' players so you can interchange?
Here we go again. Just typed all this out, and the forum went bung on me.

30 players, 9 backs and forward, 6 centres and rucks. They have removed the premium categories. You have a cap of $6.3M.

Each week you choose 22 (7 B & F, 4 C & R), plus 3 emergencies.

AndyP
24th March 2005, 01:48 PM
The onewood final 8
West Coast
Port
Brisbane
St Kilda
Geelong
Freo
Melb
Carlton

I think it's a top 6 and then the rest :roll:
My final 8:
Port Adelaide
West Coast
St Kilda
Geelong
Brisbane
Melbourne
Carlton
Fremantle

I think it's top 5 then the rest.
Premiers: Port Adelaide
Wooden Spoon: Richmond
Hawks 11th
Brownlow: Nigel Lappin
Coleman: Matthew Lloyd

Onewood
24th March 2005, 11:28 PM
Well what a way to start the season...awesome show of strength from both sides but I think the Lion come out on top 8)

Some of you league blokes should take a look at the replay of this game (you all prob watched it live anyway :wink: ) it is one tough sport :D

The talking point will be the after bumping of Riewoldt, after he done his shoulder :wink: I agree with Gary Lyons report after the game in saying he was heading back to his position ready to play on when the boys tested the shoulder out :D

Gaz, AP can't wait for your live match reports :wink:

AndyP
25th March 2005, 12:28 AM
I actually thought that both teams were a little bit ordinary, especially at the start. Sloppy skills. Indirect footy. Bad decision making.
Really thought it was game on at the end of the third quarter though, when the scores were tight. But that was the last we saw of the Saints. Perhaps the Riewoldt incident was the turnaround point. St. Kilda definitely had their chances.

It amazes me how the Lions continue to kick so many goals in the time on period. They certainly won't be a pushover this season, but I don't think they will be the same force they have been. They will really struggle against Port next week, and it won't be too much easier against Sydney the week after.

Good to see Brennan playing to some of that potential. Riewoldt is a superstar. Voss isn't the player he used to be. Acnemanis is still very damaging. Harvey has past it.

The atmosphere was great (although the crowd are generally ignorant of the rules). Must have been close to a record crowd.
It's just disappointing that the last quarter didn't live up to what it could have been.

The talking point will be the after bumping of Riewoldt, after he done his shoulder :wink: I agree with Gary Lyons report after the game in saying he was heading back to his position ready to play on when the boys tested the shoulder out :D
As far as I am concerned, it was a low, low act. Chris Scott is a thug, and always has been. I hear that he has two teeth less now for his troubles.

Jarro
25th March 2005, 02:14 AM
nice rant AndyP ..

.. but the LIONS WON :!: :!:

Onewood
25th March 2005, 08:30 AM
I actually thought that both teams were a little bit ordinary, especially at the start. Sloppy skills. Indirect footy. Bad decision making.
Really thought it was game on at the end of the third quarter though, when the scores were tight. But that was the last we saw of the Saints. Perhaps the Riewoldt incident was the turnaround point. St. Kilda definitely had their chances.

It amazes me how the Lions continue to kick so many goals in the time on period. They certainly won't be a pushover this season, but I don't think they will be the same force they have been. They will really struggle against Port next week, and it won't be too much easier against Sydney the week after.

Good to see Brennan playing to some of that potential. Riewoldt is a superstar. Voss isn't the player he used to be. Acnemanis is still very damaging. Harvey has past it.

The atmosphere was great (although the crowd are generally ignorant of the rules). Must have been close to a record crowd.
It's just disappointing that the last quarter didn't live up to what it could have been.

As far as I am concerned, it was a low, low act. Chris Scott is a thug, and always has been. I hear that he has two teeth less now for his troubles.

AP maybe you might be better off going to the soccer next week :roll:

No wonder the Hawks are so far down the ladder evan there supporters are soft :D

It Must have been a home crowd AP was it :roll:

Can't wait for your sober version :lol: :lol:

Gaz give us a home crowd version :D

terryand
25th March 2005, 09:59 AM
Voss isn't the player he used to be.

Were you watching the same game I was watching :smt017

Voss was awesome,one of the best two on the ground.His skill and hand speed is second to none.

Terry.

Bruce
25th March 2005, 11:25 AM
Voss isn't the player he used to be.

Were you watching the same game I was watching :smt017

Voss was awesome,one of the best two on the ground.His skill and hand speed is second to none.

Terry.

Well that's exactly right then. The fact that he wasn't BOG with daylight second shows that he isn't what he once was.

gazgolf1
25th March 2005, 02:18 PM
Gaz give us a home crowd version :D

Ok here we go. :lol:

1.The Gabba looks weird with a big hole in it.
2.beer at The German Club is still dear but bloody tasty.
3.beer at the Gabba is still dear and still tastes like sh!t.
4.The umpiring was shocking according to about 30,000 fans except AndyP.
5.Michael Voss does something good with the ball everytime he gets his hands on it so if he continues to touch it 15-20 times he's still one of the best in the AFL.
6.Jarrod Brennan is a freak.
7.Chris Scott and Justin Leppitsch were soundly beaten by their opponents on the night and need to improve to keep their spots.
8.The rest of the team stepped up in the absence of Black,Brown etc and the niggle and intimidation shown is just another way a truly great team finds to win.
9.Not sure Bradshaw is the answer at Full Forward.
10.The Lions can only improve from here and when the suspended ones come back watch out. :smt098

Onewood
25th March 2005, 05:50 PM

10.The Lions can only improve from here and when the suspended ones come back watch out. :smt098

Charman will join these guys for a couple of week :cry:

Chris Johnson is the Brownlow Fav after the first game by far 8)

gazgolf1
25th March 2005, 05:52 PM

Charman will join these guys for a couple of week :cry:

Chris Johnson is the Brownlow Fav after the first game by far 8)

I'm likin Aker for Brownlow number 2. 8)

Onewood
25th March 2005, 06:01 PM
Did you see the Charman hit, if so whats your thoughts :?:

Aaron H should be spending a couple on the sidelines aswell 8)

Being from Vic, maybe his only hope of not getting sighted :roll:

terryand
25th March 2005, 06:48 PM

Nothing wrong with Charman's hit.

Hit on the hip and shoulder,was nowhere near his head,no elbows cocked and the ball was within 5 metres.....Fair contest :smt102

Terry.

Onewood
25th March 2005, 07:40 PM

Hit on the hip and shoulder,was nowhere near his head,no elbows cocked and the ball was within 5 metres.....Fair contest :smt102

Terry.

The only trouble with your argument tezza is the ball had been and gorne and was 5 meters and going further away :D remember he's an interstate player aswell :roll: so he's goooorne :smt102

terryand
25th March 2005, 08:16 PM

Terry.

The only trouble with your argument tezza is the ball had been and gorne and was 5 meters and going further away :D remember he's an interstate player aswell :roll: so he's goooorne :smt102

The ball had just spilled away from him when Charman hit him.

You must have been watchung the same game as AP :lol: :wink:

Terry.

Jarro
25th March 2005, 08:24 PM
.. did anybody get a scratch :?: .... or break a nail :o :P

Onewood
25th March 2005, 08:33 PM
.. did anybody get a scratch :?: .... or break a nail :o :P

Sorry Jarro, you are tired, the NRL is about to play now so I will let you know if you go to sleep :wink: :D

AndyP
25th March 2005, 10:33 PM
(although the crowd are generally ignorant of the rules).
It Must have been a home crowd AP was it :roll:

4.The umpiring was shocking according to about 30,000 fans except AndyP.
I wonder which team they were supporting? :roll:
I've been going to the Gabba since 1993. There are lots of people now that are just going because it is popular.
This isn't to say all of them are ignorant, there are those there who are genuine footy fans, that have some idea. But strangely enough opposition teams do get freekicks within the rules sometimes, so every decision against the Lions does not need to be booed (I found the Sydney crowd better). I wonder how many will hang around when the Lions have a bad patch (although I hear there is a waiting list on the membership now).

As far as I am concerned, it was a low, low act.AP maybe you might be better off going to the soccer next week

No wonder the Hawks are so far down the ladder evan there supporters are soft
I don't condone the targeting of injured players, that are nowhere near the play. I think it was cowardly.

Can't wait for your sober version :lol: :lol:
You've already read it.

AndyP wrote: Voss isn't the player he used to be.
Were you watching the same game I was watching

I didn't say he wasn't good, just not the same player. He has really lost some kicking power because of his crippled legs.
If he does play forward this year, it will have to be from the square as he can't kick a goal from outside 50m.

7.Chris Scott and Justin Leppitsch were soundly beaten by their opponents on the night and need to improve to keep their spots.
Agree. I have a mate who was chatting to Alastair Lynch recently. Apparently Chris Scott has been really ordinary, and I would be surprised if he stayed in the side, when a few guys come back from injury/suspension.

Did you see the Charman hit, if so whats your thoughts?
I missed it at the ground and haven't seen any replays.

Onewood
25th March 2005, 11:58 PM
As far as I am concerned, it was a low, low act.AP maybe you might be better off going to the soccer next week

No wonder the Hawks are so far down the ladder evan there supporters are soft
I don't condone the targeting of injured players, that are nowhere near the play. I think it was cowardly.

So if a player goes out on the ground with a shoulder strapped and is playing in the foreward or back line no player is allowed to bump that side of the player because it could be an injury :roll: come on give me a break :evil: I think the blame on this one sit's with the player and the Saints coaching/medical staff. Riewoldt, must have known he was injured but he decided to play on :roll: "I'll play on but hey boy's I have a sore shoulder so don't touch me"

Thats my thoughts :D

terryand
26th March 2005, 09:05 AM
I still can't see what all the fuss is about :smt017

Just because he is the AFL's pinup boy :smt102

Like Scott said after the game if it was Big Bad Barry Hall nothing would be said(but I guess Hall wouldn't break like stale pretzel when he hits the ground).

Brisbane aren't going on like sore losers about the tooth that Scott lost from piece of "unfootball like"play(Hamil's backhand swipe was way worse than the two bumps).

So the guy got "bumped" off the ball so what.

What about what goes on before the first bounce in a Grand Final......Is that bad sportsmanship.

And before you say he was injured,don't,he knew as soon as he hit the ground he was in trouble.He should have run straight off then,not try to get back in postion and give them an easy target.

Terry.

AndyP
26th March 2005, 03:40 PM
Do you deem the level of contact that was made to be reasonable?
Can you target players that suffer concussion that try to shake the trainers off, and get back into the play?
Where are you drawing the line?

It's on the back of the paper, so others share the opinion.

If he was going for a mark, sure punch his arm to spoil.
If he was over the ball, then give him a good bump.
If he was in the contest, then it's not a problem. But he wasn't.

gazgolf1
26th March 2005, 04:00 PM
Hoping to see the start of the Lions downfall

Jeez Andy you are a jealous and bitter man...do you have a filing cabinet behind you full of "the downfall of the Kangaroos,Swans,Freo etc" files?
Would the downfall of the Brisbane Lions make you happy? Why?.You say you've been going to the Gabba since 1993,what do you sit there going "I hate this team BOOO HISSS""

There are lots of people now that are just going because it is popular.
I wonder how many will hang around when the Lions have a bad patch (although I hear there is a waiting list on the membership now).

So you are on about this again just like last year. :roll:
So what if Brisbane people are jumping on the bandwagon...thats what is so good about living in Brisbane.
Sorry there's no old grannies that have been sitting in the same seat for 50 yrs with Peter Hudson badges on their Beanies.

Jeez I'm not a big fan of Hawthorn but I don't want to see their down fall.
Their p!ss poor form over the past few years is good enough for me. :lol:

AndyP
26th March 2005, 04:12 PM
Jeez Andy you are a jealous and bitter man...
Would the downfall of the Brisbane Lions make you happy? Why?
You're right, I'm jealous. I wish my club got salary cap concessions.
I actually liked the Bears.

So what if Brisbane people are jumping on the bandwagon...thats what is so good about living in Brisbane.
I just don't like fairweather fans, and those that make out that they have always been supporters. Don't buy a season ticket just because they are winning. If you support a team, stick with them. Don't jump off when the going gets tough.
That will be the ultimate test of the Brisbane market. If they hang around, and footy remains successful in Brisbane regardless of results then that's fantastic.

Onewood
26th March 2005, 04:20 PM
I just don't like fairweather fans, and those that make out that they have always been supporters. Don't buy a season ticket just because they are winning. If you support a team, stick with them. Don't jump off when the going gets tough.
That will be the ultimate test of the Brisbane market. If they hang around, and footy remains successful in Brisbane regardless of results then that's fantastic.

Thats something we won't have to worry about in our lifetime :lol: :lol:

Can you target players that suffer concussion that try to shake the trainers off, and get back into the play?

Have you ever seen this happen yet in 100 odd years :roll: :roll: not revelant to this situation :roll:

terryand
26th March 2005, 04:21 PM
Do you deem the level of contact that was made to be reasonable?
Yes,he stayed on his feet didn't he.

You wouldn't target some one that is staggering around.For all they know its just a bruised shoulder and wanted to test it out.There are 100's of diving marks each weekend and its the first broken collar bone I've seen from a mark like that.

It comes down to if he was that bad why was he still on the field.You know when you do collar bone,its like a whip cracking.

Where are you drawing the line?
I don't think the line was anywhere in view in this case.

It's on the back of the paper, so others share the opinion.
It seems to me that the only people that have a promlem with it are career journos(like pi$$ week Connetti) not ex players.

If he was going for a mark, sure punch his arm to spoil.
If he was over the ball, then give him a good bump.
If he was in the contest, then it's not a problem. But he wasn't.
No difference to the treatment that is dished up to Akker each week off the ball.Or the fullback and fullforward going at each other in the square almost every game before the bounce.

Sure its a sad thing to have happen to him,especially as he is the "best footballer" going around ATM and that he is a QLDER to boot.Altough I must say he has been in Victora to long,it has softened him up the way he was blubbering like a baby on the sideline,not a good look.And before you say anything about Jimmy Maher,he had good reason after losing 3 on the trot.

Terry.

terryand
26th March 2005, 10:26 PM
Anyone able to tell me how Carlton went today :smt102 :smt017 Haven't had much of a chance to catch up with all the scores.

Fishy....Fishy....Fishy, you there....Hello.....Anyone home....Jeez hes gone quite all of a sudden http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

McMw
27th March 2005, 12:45 AM
good start to the dockers.... :D
gonna be a dangerous one for the eagles... :?

AndyP
27th March 2005, 04:11 PM
Well forget the Wizard Cup. Pre-season form is out the window. The real thing has started.

Carlton were disappointing.
Hawks showed none of the competitiveness that was shown before, and promised. In fact, they were pathetic...again.
Port got done.
As I type, West Coast are getting beaten.

Is it too late to change my ladder predictions?
At least Richmond are still crap.

Onewood
27th March 2005, 05:05 PM
As I type, West Coast are getting beaten.

The Eagles got home by 11 8) =D> =D>

Anybody else sitting 7 from 7 like me :lol:

Blakey, I've just put the kiss of death on the Pies, coz thats who I tipped tomorrow and I aint Changin :lol: :wink:

Bruce
27th March 2005, 08:35 PM
Today's games were a mixed bag. The two cheif spoon contenders emerged from the pack. The Bombers will have to drop considerably if they want to challenge the NoHawks of the Tiggers for the bottom of the pile. They play each other next week. Is Rd.2 the earliest the spoon was ever decided?

And for my take on the Reiwoldt incident. No line was crossed but it was certainly into the dark grey area. Eyebrows were raised when (Josh Carr ?) targetted Matty Lloyd's bandaged hand when he was coming back from injury. This is a BIG step up from that. Scott and Michaels had better not so much as blink the next time they feel something. They burned up a LOT of Karma by taking the action they did.

The "running back to position" line is a bit of a furphy. Play does not stop to remove an injured player unless they are going off on a stretcher. Reiwoldt must return to his position (with trainer and runner in tow) to assess his status so that his opponent will go with him. He has to keep his opponent honest otherwise he wil just run off unopposed. If Reiwoldt does not do his on field assessment in his position it may cost his team a goal. This is pretty standard practice in the AFL - especially for upper body injuries.

It wasn't against the rules but it was a pretty low act and one that will probably come back to haunt them at some stage.

Flowergirl
27th March 2005, 09:11 PM
A female point of view on the Reiwoldt incident. He had waved the trainers away and chose not to leave the ground. The Brisbane players were well within their rights to "test" him out. Mean? - yes - but hey we are talking football here. I despise any thuggery - if someone gets hit behind play or if someones knee gets dropped onto someones neck during a tackle - they should be out - no problem.
And there is NOTHING wrong with the poor kid showing some tears. Nothing at all. This put on a brave face, be a macho tough man bullcrap is just that - utter crap!!! I would never trust a man who was afraid to show emotion.

markTHEblake
28th March 2005, 09:36 AM
just heard on the rumour mill that the AFL is rushing in some new rule changes becuase of the Riewoldt rough play incident.

From now on, no opposition player will be allowed within 5 metres of any player that appears injured.

Matthew Lloyd will be taking the field in his next game in a neck brace, and will have a wheelchair on standby.

Fishman Dan
28th March 2005, 09:15 PM
Anyone able to tell me how Carlton went today :smt102 :smt017 Haven't had much of a chance to catch up with all the scores.

Fishy....Fishy....Fishy, you there....Hello.....Anyone home....Jeez hes gone quite all of a sudden http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

Tex :lol:

The hamster in Kyogle was on holidays, so the news reels didn't have enough electricity to be shown in town ;)

I didn't have a radio on Saturday, missed Sports Tonight's wrap by 2 minutes, no coverage on evening TV, the Sunday paper was printed mid-afternoon Saturday (so no score)... it wasn't until i saw the ticker on Sports World that i actually learned that they lost?!

A loss in round 1 is probably the wake-up call from the pre-season they need. Remember - they are only tipped in some corners to make 8th spot, so we're not harbouring premiership hopes. More than can be said for the Pies and Hawks fans among us ;)

Onewood
30th March 2005, 07:56 PM
After winning the AFL tipping last week I seem to strugle in the second week :? so I'm after some help here

Who's going to win out of the Tiger's V Hawks :? :? :?

Is this still an AFL match and not a VFL match :roll:

AndyP
2nd April 2005, 11:26 AM
Fishy, were your boys toying with Essendscum last night. I listened to the last quarter when they kicked 7 goals to 2 to win by 4 points. A top effort.

Fishman Dan
3rd April 2005, 08:40 AM
Fishy, were your boys toying with Essendscum last night. I listened to the last quarter when they kicked 7 goals to 2 to win by 4 points. A top effort.

It was a massive effort, and while Fev wasn't kicking goals, he was tackling hard and chasing. I watched the game - Carlton were better all night until the final possesion, where they were terrible. It was just a case of making it click!

As for the once-were-premiers, geez another loss to PORT could shatter a few ego's. And that's just Ackermanis!

And while i wish the game all the best in this fair city, the Swannies got rolled. More outcomes like this and there will be plenty of seats left on the wagon ;)

Jarro
3rd April 2005, 03:57 PM
As for the once-were-premiers, geez another loss to PORT could shatter a few ego's. And that's just Ackermanis!

Aker's just saving himself for the Carlton match :roll:

should set a few records that night :P

AndyP
3rd April 2005, 03:58 PM
Sigh.
Looking forward to the second half of the season though. :) :roll:

Fishman Dan
3rd April 2005, 06:42 PM
Sigh.

Why? Because the Ashes tour is on and you don't have to pay attention to the footy? :lol: :lol:

Round 2 Update:

Winners List
Carlton

Losers List:
Collingwood
Hawthorn

AndyP
3rd April 2005, 07:45 PM
Sigh.

Why? Because the Ashes tour is on and you don't have to pay attention to the footy? :lol: :lol:
Nope. Play Carlton in July, and I've already written it down as a win.

terryand
16th April 2005, 04:27 PM
AP where are you.

Thought you would be online bragging by now.

Guys do you think he could be passed out on his lounge room floor,should I race around there knock the door down and give him mouth to mouth :smt102

Nah maybe not :smt009 hope you come around soon AP.

Now all we need is the Broncos to win and Carlton to lose to top off a perfect weekend :smt023

Terry.

gazgolf1
16th April 2005, 04:51 PM
no comment. :cry: :oops:

terryand
16th April 2005, 05:03 PM
Forgot to add the perfect weekend included the Doggiea gettin done http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

AndyP
16th April 2005, 05:21 PM
Not my style, but Andy be one happy boy.
Best win since semi final over Port in 2001.

The theme song has had a few plays. Hmmm, might just play it again right now.
\:D/

CobraSS
16th April 2005, 05:22 PM
Forgot to add the perfect weekend included the Doggiea gettin done http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

Hoy settle big fella :roll:

terryand
16th April 2005, 05:25 PM

Do you remember the words 8)

Terry.

macleod
16th April 2005, 06:26 PM

im glad i listened to Andy and Unit this afternoon after i made the tip that hawks would get up with ease.

they said to go run and put $10 on my tip....ahhhhhh nice.

AndyP
16th April 2005, 07:50 PM
they said to go run and put $10 on my tip....ahhhhhh nice.
And did you? Have you got an extra $38 in your pocket for your troubles?
Hawks by 39 or more points would have got you a good $60+, I would think.

macleod
18th April 2005, 11:25 AM
mm hmmm, slightly better odds on my online site.

i went out and bought a whole bunch o aged goat cheese and goodies at my farmers market on sunday....mmmmmm.....tasteee....

macleod
19th April 2005, 10:25 AM
mm hmmm, slightly better odds on my online site.

i went out and bought a whole bunch o aged goat cheese and goodies at my farmers market on sunday....mmmmmm.....tasteee....

...too right man...it's the only thing I ever put on my sao's.
if u get to a farmer's market when the milawa cheese guy is there, see if he has the 3 year old goat cheese, smells like a corpse but it is such a delicate flavour....every time i see the relos down in beechworth the milawa cheese factory gets a workout from me.

they don't do a nice fresh ewe's milk cheese anymore though :(

the guy from Gympie cheese does all french style washed rind goat, plus also a very nice half/half goat/ewe milk one. tango i think it's called.

Onewood
22nd April 2005, 11:13 PM
Go the CAT's 8) bonus pick up :D

AndyP
23rd April 2005, 05:04 AM
Go the CAT's 8) bonus pick up :D
Damn it. Don't you just hate it when you change your mind on a tip, which you end up getting wrong. #-o

AndyP
24th April 2005, 04:42 PM
What's going on, Gaz? Surely they aren't as bad as their current ladder position (although it is nice to see the Hawks above them for a change).

They will be better with J. Brown back, but that won't solve everything.

McMw
24th April 2005, 10:16 PM
great start for the Eagles... :D

Ona
25th April 2005, 10:13 AM
<-------- \:D/

8)

McMw
25th April 2005, 11:39 AM
yeah...nice start by the Roos...
did they get some good recruiting done over the summer?

Ona
25th April 2005, 12:54 PM
not really. Thompson's doing his bit, more so than McKernan in practically every year since 96 (he shoulda given golf a red hot go). Piccione(sp?) is the 2nd ex hawk and he's alright but nothing special. some of the youngsters are doing a good job of filling the hole left by the retirement of King and Stevens. and all this adds up to 5-0

AndyP
25th April 2005, 04:08 PM
Good ole Shinboner Spirit is why the Roos are doing well. ;)
They have had one great quarter per match this season and have hung in there otherwise.

If they keep winning, someone is going to have to take them seriously as a premiership chance sooner or later.

Why did it take you five matches to pull the Kangas avatar out, Ona?

Ona
25th April 2005, 05:34 PM
because im a dirty rotten little scumbag jumping on the bandwagon

or ive dead lazy

:roll:

Onewood
25th April 2005, 06:03 PM
because im a dirty rotten little scumbag jumping on the bandwagon

or ive dead lazy

Option one look's like the truth :lol:  :lol:

Did I mention the Mighty EAGLES are going OK as well :wink: :D

Fishman Dan
29th April 2005, 11:20 AM
The Pies have finally dropped Woewodin. Should have happened some weeks ago...

Might even tip them on that basis alone.

Bruce
29th April 2005, 12:13 PM
The Pies have finally dropped Woewodin. Should have happened some weeks ago...

Might even tip them on that basis alone.

Did you watch either the Pies or the Saints in action last week?

One was as good as the other was pitiful. The Lexus Centre is already planning for bottoming out. Notice how Eddie is suddenly silent on the priority draft pick issue.

Fishman Dan
29th April 2005, 12:21 PM
I thankfully missed The Footy Show(s) last night - they are both terrible TV shows. I think people have finally become sick of it being Eddie's little soap-box.

The one thing i dislike with the AFL version (apart from the obvious Jarro ;)) is that the players panel seems to consist of the same 5 or 6 players in rotation - Eddie's mates. Hird, Fev, Bucks, Riewoldt etc, and when he wants someone fatter than himself, Billy Brownless gets a run.

gazgolf1
29th April 2005, 12:45 PM
Brisbane to smash Essendon this weekend....$4.75 for the Lions to win by more than 39.5 pts...might just take some of that. :D

AndyP
29th April 2005, 12:54 PM
Brisbane to smash Essendon this weekend....$4.75 for the Lions to win by more than 39.5 pts...might just take some of that. :D
I've tipped them Gaz, but not with that much confidence. Essendon suck, but who knows where Brisbane is at.

I'm disappointed that the wooden spoon favourites are practically equal favourites against Carlton. Hardly worth putting any money on them.

Jarro
29th April 2005, 03:21 PM
Speaking of the NRL Footy Show, how the friggin hell is that show still on telly. I don't know of many people that admit to watching it, yet it must still rate the house down.
I flicked over after The Amazing Race last night (can't get enough of that silicon jiggling around....they must be close to showing slo-mo's like baywatch  :shock:  ) and it was abysmal.
The whole thing has nothing to do with footy, just showing what pratts the panel are. They get to the end and rattle thru the games in about 60 seconds.

Time's up gentlemen....bring it in.

i NEVER usually watch the NRL Footy show, but seeing as i was at work, i had to go with the general vote :roll:

still the same ridiculous piece of crap it always has been ... give me NRL on Fox any day, at least they talk about league, not walk thru manly asking tourists what they think of the manly team :roll:

time is up .... INDEED :!: :!: :!:

Fishman Dan
30th April 2005, 08:52 AM
*PHEW*

Jarro
30th April 2005, 10:03 AM
*PHEW*

what's that all about :?: :?: :?

Fishman Dan
30th April 2005, 10:55 AM
*PHEW*

what's that all about  :?:  :?:  :?

Ask AndyP ;)

AndyP
30th April 2005, 12:58 PM
*PHEW*

what's that all about :?: :?: :?

Ask AndyP ;)
Pretty ugly match, wasn't it, Fish?
Carlton's Guns stood up in the last quarter. That's a couple that Carlton have scraped in with now. And a couple that the Hawks have let go.

It's OK, as stated earlier in this thread, we'll get you in July. :twisted:

gazgolf1
30th April 2005, 05:25 PM
Bradshaw out for the Lions...Brennan still injured. :roll:
I think I will retract my statement about punting on them...apparently one of the guys that runs water usually is starting at full forward. :?

not really. :x

Onewood
30th April 2005, 06:01 PM
OK :roll: Who picked the Dockers to beat Melbourne :roll:

And be honest :D

Or even picking the Cows to beat the Kangas :D

again be honest :D

I got 1 out of the 2 :wink:

Ona
30th April 2005, 06:02 PM
:evil:

Onewood
30th April 2005, 06:17 PM
:evil:

Change that AVATAR now mate and by round 8 no one will remember who you go for :lol: :lol:

AndyP
30th April 2005, 09:04 PM
Or even picking the Cows to beat the Kangas :D
Crows were favourites.

Freo at $5 for the win. Any money on that one, Macca?

markTHEblake
30th April 2005, 09:18 PM
Or even picking the Cows to beat the Kangas

me, me, me!

i got 4 out of 5 so far.  I picked WC, Carl, Crows, and Bris, i knew that they were about to turn it on.  I wonder if Brown made the difference.

But it doesnt look good for tomorrow, i have put the kiss of death on the pies each round so far, I am 0/5 in their games.   I picked Saints so thats a dead cert that the Pies will get up.

Onewood
30th April 2005, 09:19 PM
Do you think Bown enjoyed his first game for 7 months :D

pretty good showing from the bottom side :D

The EAGLES still looking good though :wink:

McMw
30th April 2005, 09:34 PM
1wood....what's the score for the WC SYD game???

afl.com seems to be playing up... :evil:

terryand
30th April 2005, 09:40 PM
1wood....what's the score for the WC SYD game???

afl.com seems to be playing up...  :evil:

104 to 59.

Terry.

McMw
30th April 2005, 09:54 PM
that's 104 to WCE right???? :wink:

is the game over???

Onewood
1st May 2005, 06:36 AM
that's 104 to WCE right????  :wink:

is the game over???

Game over and one game clear at the TOP of the ladder :D

Jarro
1st May 2005, 07:25 AM
GO THE LIONS :!: :!: :D

Jarro
2nd May 2005, 05:23 AM
This week's winner is Jarro with a weekly score of 6 who has the lowest adjusted margin of 9. The actual margin was 6.

AndyP
2nd August 2005, 03:38 PM
Gaz, oscar, are you guys going to the Gabba on Sunday.

I'll be there. Tickets arrived in the mail today. \:D/ :smt026

Anyone else going?

Jarro
2nd August 2005, 03:57 PM
i'll be watching the Lions smash the Hawks from the comfort of my workplace mealroom 8)

GO LIONS

oscar
2nd August 2005, 04:06 PM
The one weekend I spend in Melbourne is the weekend the Hawks come to town....

I'll be "Riding the bumps with a grin".....at Hawthorn.

GO HAWKS

gazgolf1
2nd August 2005, 04:56 PM
Gaz, oscar, are you guys going to the Gabba on Sunday.  

I'll be there.  Tickets arrived in the mail today.  \:D/  :smt026

Anyone else going?

I'll be there too,I think we are going to the Morrison for a pre game slurp. :D

markTHEblake
2nd August 2005, 05:01 PM
Someone better hide Gaz's keyboard on Saturday night then.

gazgolf1
2nd August 2005, 05:39 PM

Sunday arvo game....I'll be taking it easy. :oops:

Jarro
2nd August 2005, 05:43 PM

wuss :P

gazgolf1
2nd August 2005, 06:03 PM

wuss  :P

shuddup you :roll:

how did those balls go today?

Jarro
2nd August 2005, 06:09 PM

wuss  :P

shuddup you :roll:

how did those balls go today?

didn't use em mate, stuck with the B330's for another round :roll:

i'll use a brand new B330S tomorow at pacific 8)

AndyP
2nd August 2005, 07:16 PM
Hey guys....non-HO thread!!!! :smt016

Gaz, might see you at the Morrison beforehand. Had pre-game drinks there for the Melbourne game, as it is on the way from the train station. Not a bad pub.
I'll be the guy with the Hawks coloured Viking hat on. :lol:

Hawks have a post-game function at the German Club. Last time they had a post-game function up here with the players was after a 90+ point thumping. For some reason, the players weren't overly cheery. :?

oscar, I might be watching them in Melbourne for the following three weeks also. So I might be seeing four weeks of footy in a row (Brisbane, Essendon, Richmond, Sydney).
Oooooo, baby. =P~

But I guess you will be gone before the Hawks head back. #-o

Ona
2nd August 2005, 07:58 PM
kangas

Fishman Dan
13th August 2005, 08:10 PM
Go you bloody great CARLTON thing!!!!!!!!!!!

After so much talk, there's a new cellar dweller in the comp....

Sorry, went early. There's still a quarter to go. I don't think even this crowd can blow a 9 goal lead!

terryand
14th August 2005, 04:21 PM
Go you bloody great CARLTON thing!!!!!!!!!!!

After so much talk, there's a new cellar dweller in the comp....

Sorry, went early. There's still a quarter to go. I don't think even this crowd can blow a 9 goal lead!

Oh well Fishy,east come easy go :smt102

At least you weren't last for about 20 hourshttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 04:36 PM
Tez - i enjoyed every one of them too :roll:

Jarro
14th August 2005, 09:54 PM
poor old Carlton .... geez, i'd hate to be one of their supporters :roll:

Fishman Dan
14th August 2005, 10:14 PM
poor old Carlton .... geez, i'd hate to be one of their supporters  :roll:

I'd bite, but i know that you know nothing about any AFL games this weekend - except Sydney smashing the Lions :lol:

You're struggling Jarro.. Carlton won this weekend. Perhaps have a yarn to Blakey about his poor team.

Jarro
15th August 2005, 04:08 AM
oh, congrats on the win then Fish 8)

where abouts are you guys on the ladder now :?:

3oneday
15th August 2005, 06:35 AM

where abouts are you guys on the ladder now  :?:Jarro, don't demean yourself by pretending to be interested in the GAYFL mate, or don't stoop down to Fishys level !!!

:lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
15th August 2005, 07:10 AM

where abouts are you guys on the ladder now  :?:

Much closer to Collingwood ;)

It's now a 3 horse race for the Wooden Spoon, not just the 1-horse that it's been most of the season.

AndyP
15th August 2005, 09:48 AM
The nine year hoodoo is over. And I was there. Woohoo! \:D/

Couldn't you at least wait until the round was over, Fish? :roll:
Maybe you'll pass Collingwood next week.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2005, 05:33 PM
Couldn't you at least wait until the round was over, Fish?  :roll:

No, the elation was immediate, if not a little short-lived. :P

Fishman Dan
28th August 2005, 09:45 AM
It's a crap weekend to be a Queenslander...

St Kilda 28.18 186
Brisbane Lions 7.5 47

St Kilda's best ever win in their 100-odd year history. Congrats Saints!

And just as you'd expect, someone has pulled a heartiledge..

http://afl.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/225365al.jpg

terryand
28th August 2005, 09:52 AM
It's a crap weekend to be a Queenslander...

St Kilda             28.18 186
Brisbane Lions   7.5  47

St Kilda's best ever win in their 100-odd year history. Congrats Saints!

And just as you'd expect, someone has pulled a heartiledge..

http://afl.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/225365al.jpg

At least they don't own the wooden spoon :P :smt043

Terry.

Fishman Dan
28th August 2005, 09:57 AM
Priority pick son ;) But there's still something about a 24 goal loss that stands about all other (non) achievements this year.

Got to rort the system while it still exists...

Hey... it's all i've got! That and the Pre-season cup! :roll:

AndyP
30th August 2005, 11:01 AM
Saw the Hawks play twice while I was in Victoria, and got a couple of great games.

Saw the boys finally beat Essendon at the MCG. I was hoping for a bigger crowd than the 32,000 that turned up, but I guess that's what happens when both sides aren't in the finals race.
Drove 350km+ to go to the game (plus the return trip), and used $70 of petrol and wasn't disappointed.

Also watched the Hawks go down to the Tigers in the final minute in a cracker of a match at the Telstra Dome, with the roof closed. Result aside, it was a very good match to watch and very exciting.
Although there was only 29,000 or so in attendance, the ground creates a lot more atmosphere than the G.
I was in the sand pocket (you could not possibly call it grass, it's condition is terrible).
That's twice I've been to the ground now, for two losses after leading all game. Might avoid the place from now on.

AndyP
2nd September 2005, 10:11 AM
Predictions from earlier in the year.

Actual

1 Adelaide
2 West Coast
3 Sydney
4 St Kilda
5 Kangaroos
6 Geelong
7 Melbourne
8 Port
----------
9 Bulldogs
10 Fremantle
11 Lions
12 Richmond
13 Essendon
14 Hawthorn
15 Collingwood
16 Carlton

Nostradamoos

1 West Coast (2)
2 St Kilda (4)
3 Brisbane (11)
4 Fremantle (10)
5 Port Adelaide (8)
6 Sydney (3)
7 Adelaide (1)
8 Carlton (16)
--------
9 Essendon (13)
10 Collingwood (15)
11 Bulldogs (9)
12 Melbourne (7)
13 North Melbourne (5)
14 Geelong (6)
15 Hawthorn (14)
16 Richmond (12)

Onewood

1 West Coast (2)
2 Port (8)
3 Brisbane (11)
4 St Kilda (4)
5 Geelong (6)
6 Freo (10)
7 Melb (7)
8 Carlton (16)

I think it's a top 6 and then the rest

AndyP

1 Port Adelaide (8)
2 West Coast (2)
3 St Kilda (4)
4 Geelong (5)
5 Brisbane (11)
6 Melbourne (7)
7 Carlton (16)
8 Fremantle (10)

I think it's top 5 then the rest.

Premiers: Port Adelaide
Wooden Spoon: Richmond (12) (Carlton)
Hawks 11th (13th)
Brownlow: Nigel Lappin  
Coleman: Matthew Lloyd (Fraser Gehrig, Lloyd 9th)

All of us picked 5 of the 8 sides to make the finals.
The common errors were reading too much into Carlton's preseason win, and not expecting Brisbane to miss the finals.  
Only moocow picked the ladder leader to make the 8. I think Adelaide surprised most people.

Fishman Dan
2nd September 2005, 07:04 PM
It's finals time.. giddy up!

The one thing that the NRL doesn't have, is the ravenously patriotic crowds. The atmosphere tonight should be sensational.

And this bandwagon catcher is tipping SYDNEY

Cheer cheer the red and the white...

AndyP
2nd September 2005, 10:42 PM
And this bandwagon catcher is tipping SYDNEY

Good luck with your new team the S D E. At least you aren't going for Sydney, coz they got done.
I saw the second half and it looked to be a great game.

Melbourne is my side for the finals. :roll: Although I don't think they will get too far.

Fishman Dan
2nd September 2005, 10:46 PM
I think it's Geelong's year... but how was that umpiring call against Leo Barry for the shepherd on the man on the mark??

There's one umpire who can look after Carlton's match next week :roll:

AndyP
2nd September 2005, 10:48 PM
Controversial.
Should Goodes have got a freekick for a trip? Hmmm, maybe.
Hometown decisions? Hmmm, maybe.

I thought West Coast would go all the way prior to tonight, and the match hasn't changed my mind.
Although you would think Sydney might have knocked them off if it was on the MCG.

Fishman Dan
3rd September 2005, 06:39 AM
I thought Goodes was tripped in the pocket too, but the umps put the whistles away most of the night and didn't call a lot of stuff that was there.

I think West Coast have run out of puff (a la Bronco's). Swans got beaten by their own game though, when they were on top they didn't kick goals.

raidrboy
3rd September 2005, 12:31 PM
[quote="Fishman Dan"]

I think West Coast have run out of puff (a la Bronco's). Swans got beaten by their own game though, when they were on top they didn't kick goals.

I wouldn't say WCE run out of puff, but I would agree that the Swans contributed to their own downfall to a certain extent. But in all the time I played football coaches always reminded us that good sides win the close games.

Ona
3rd September 2005, 01:09 PM
nobody likes the kangas.. RESPECT!!

official mantra over :roll:

I dont care who takes it as long as it aint the Cats, Sydney, Port and especially not the Crows :x

raidrboy
3rd September 2005, 07:06 PM
[quote="Ona"]nobody likes the kangas.. RESPECT!!

Ona,

Although I am a WCE fan when I hear the word "RESPECT" used in foootball immediately one G. Archer comes to mind. Tough, tenacious, talented and inspirational footballer who has the respect of most football supporters. If you want respect you have to earn it and, Archer has certainly done that.
Good Luck against Port Power tomorrow.

Ona
3rd September 2005, 09:12 PM
oh shucks, thanks mate. I'm a little weirded out by the sincerity, but thanks. I throw up in my mouth a little every time someone from the Kangas says the word respect :evil:

Was a great game tonight. If they get anything from the two big men next hitout, the sainters aren't looking too shabby

AndyP
4th September 2005, 04:42 PM
nobody likes the kangas.. RESPECT!!
Certainly didn't earn any respect today. :shock:

What a shame a tipping comp I am in continues during the finals. I tipped one game this weekend. :(

Ona
4th September 2005, 06:27 PM
yep a very poor showing today. I was feeling queasy at quarter time and it only got worse :smt078

if only we were shitfull enough to get some good draft picks, coz recent history says our recruitment staff are no good at finding good kids in the rough.

AndyP
5th September 2005, 07:36 AM
if only we were s#$% enough to get some good draft picks, coz recent history says our recruitment staff are no good at finding good kids in the rough.
If you don't want Wells or Hale, we'll be happy to take them. ;)
Maybe you will trade for some better picks.

markTHEblake
6th September 2005, 12:21 AM
Fantastic News after last weeks games, once again a minor premier has coughed up their Home ground advantage to a Melbourne team, and set up a brilliant draw for the remainder of the finals.

Only One of Westcoast, Adelaide, and Port Adelaide will make the Grand final.

the worst nightmare avoided once again. Still hasnt been a grand final without a Victorian team in it. Gosh, imagine Adelaide v Port Adelaide in a GF, would anyone bother even checking the score in the paper?

goughy
6th September 2005, 05:10 AM
Didn't brisbane play port last year?  Remember, I don't follow afl (or nrl for that matter). Wasn't brisbane going for a 4 in a row?

AndyP
6th September 2005, 08:15 AM
Blakey doesn't know what he is talking about.  

Maybe he is counting Brisbane as Fitzroy.

A non-Victorian grand final hasn't been avoided yet either.  One interstate side is guaranteed a spot, Adelaide/Port/Weagles.  Sydney could take the other.
Maybe he counts Sydney as South Melbourne too.

:smt017

markTHEblake
6th September 2005, 09:33 AM
Blakey doesn't know what he is talking about.  

Maybe he is counting Brisbane as Fitzroy.

Of course The Lions are still a Victorian club.  They have FFC - Fitzroy Football Club embroidered on their jumper. I'll take any angle to argue with the wankers from the west. SHould never have been let into our competition.

A non-Victorian grand final hasn't been avoided yet either.  

good one einstein.  you just said
Blakey doesn't know what he is talking about. and then proceeded to repeat what i said.

AndyP
6th September 2005, 09:43 AM
the worst nightmare avoided once again. Still hasnt been a grand final without a Victorian team in it.
This statement implies to me that there has always been a Victorian side in the Grand Final, and it will be the case again this year.
Which is wrong.

A non-Victorian grand final hasn't been avoided yet either. One interstate side is guaranteed a spot, Adelaide/Port/Weagles. Sydney could take the other.
This statement explains how this years Grand Final can be played without a Victorian side.
Not repeating what you said at all.

Grunt
24th September 2005, 02:58 PM
Simple Question

Are the Swans doing enough?

Trung
24th September 2005, 04:45 PM
woooooooohooooooooooooooooo :P

Grunt
24th September 2005, 04:45 PM
I guess they Did

Go You Swans!!!! :lol:

Jarro
24th September 2005, 04:47 PM
Congrats Swans 8)

oz
24th September 2005, 09:03 PM
Congrats to the Swans on a good win. Had Michael O'Loughlin had his kicking boot one, it wouldn't have been close. Glad to see them win. They have played good tough, team footy in the last couple of months, and deserve the win.

Flowergirl
24th September 2005, 09:25 PM
Met earlier today with a dear old lady in a local retirement village. She was in her 90's and has supported the Swans all her life.
So - Pearl- your boys did you proud. :D
What a great result for all the die hard supporters out there. Fanbloodytastic. :D

Fishman Dan
25th September 2005, 08:23 AM
Not the most attractive exhibition of footy, but the great to see the Swannies get up!! They were chucking themselves into it - how many blood-rules were there at the end of the day?!

It was all about the Barry's - Hall's 50+ metre goal from a set shot in the last was awesome - AND THAT MARK at the end! Mark of the day, and what a solid one-grab effort!!!

In the last 10 years the old South Melbourne fans have been finding their voice - this is their time, good on them.

Fishman Dan
25th September 2005, 08:30 AM
..... and who could forget that the West Coast lost the pre-season cup to CARLTON!!!!

Well.. i won't forget it.. :roll:

BrisWesty
25th September 2005, 02:35 PM
So does this mean that Geelong was 3 seconds (and 2 matches) away from the premiership? Boo hoo.

AndyP
26th September 2005, 08:16 AM
I think it's disgraceful that a Carlton supporter has an avatar celebrating a Sydney premiership.

An ugly game, with an exciting finish. I enjoyed my day anyway.

Great mark by Leo Barry at the end.
Game saver? Nope. A bit over-rated IMO.

amanda
26th September 2005, 08:56 AM
I almost lost my voice during Saturday's match - and was holding my breath for a lot of it!

Anyone going to Friday's parade? I hope the weather clears - should be awesome!

Trung
26th September 2005, 10:21 AM
I almost lost my voice during Saturday's match - and was holding my breath for a lot of it!

Anyone going to Friday's parade?  I hope the weather clears - should be awesome!

I will be there... not a long walk from the office... 2 blocks away from Town Hall... :D

Virgal_Tracy
26th September 2005, 02:32 PM
I tend to agree with AndyP about Leapin Leo's mark. West Coast had not taken a contested mark inside the Swans defensive 50 all day so really up in the air as to what would've happened in such a pack.

Having said that I was cheering when he took it. A little disappointed that Judd got the Norm Smith. I was really hoping that the Hyphen would get it. He has shown so much class over this season and didn't let anyone down.

I don't think there is any chance of a dynasty, especially if we don't cover the loss of Ball. Doyle won't cut it after playing about 4 games in the last 2 years.

regardless of what happens from now we are the premiers for the next 12 months.

Cheer cheer the Red and the White.

McMw
26th September 2005, 02:49 PM
watched a bit of it...can't believe I drove all the way back from my 2nd day comp just to watch a boring slow game... :?
(yeah - I'm Pissed that WCE lost)... :lol:

something's gotta be done abt the flooding tactics... :x :x :x