PDA

View Full Version : Launch Monitors- Sydney

Grunt
23rd March 2005, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone

Where are launch monitors in Sydney?

need to sort out my swing & make sure what I have got is right for me.

Aussielongdriver
24th March 2005, 06:36 AM
The House of Golf at San Souci has one and I believe Moore Park Driving Range is getting one.

ben
24th March 2005, 08:13 AM
Chris Murchie at Mittagong (larry canning golf academy) has one. He is the best club fitter in the state. He fits out most of the State team and a number of Pro's.

Grunt
24th March 2005, 06:40 PM
Went to Advantage Custom Clubfitters today, great informative day on the whole.

Found out some insteresting things about my clubs.

1. 5 Metal does not have a regular shaft in it as indicated.
2. Swing weights of the irons is way too light C8.3 should be D1 - D2 for me
3.Grips need to be 1/32 thicker.
4. 5 Iron 3/4 " short

Swing needs work but I already knew that. Shafts in claub are correct flex for me apart from 5 wood. Added lead tape to my 5 iron as a trial to see how D1 swing weight would effect my swing. Suggested that if I wanted the weight that for $15 a club would add the weight internally to the shaft and fix the grip size.

On the whole very happy with the service.

amanda
24th March 2005, 08:10 PM
Grant - who did the fitting? Gary?

McMw
24th March 2005, 08:13 PM
how much did it cost???

Grunt
24th March 2005, 08:52 PM
First off, Amanda, Paul did the fitting & McMw, it cost $50 with all the details written or printed for me to keep.

Jono
24th March 2005, 09:35 PM
Amanda and Grunt,

Gary no longer works at Advantage. He has his own shop now. Customgolf Services at Brookvale. Ph: 9949 8899.

He doesn't have all the equipment that Paul has, but he does better prices. Gary also has a swing analyser that will show you your clubhead speed, path, face angle, and also angle of approach.

I had all my clubs assembled by Gary while he was at Advantage, and I can confidently say that his skills are top notch. In fact, he did most of the difficult stuff (eg. reshafting bore through Callaways) at Advantage.

His business is just up and running, so if you have any reshafting/clubfitting that needs doing, give him a call.

McMw
24th March 2005, 10:03 PM
grunt....sounds like 50 well spent!!!

what other work do you intend to do with ur set???
are you going to go thru with his recommendations???

AndyP
25th March 2005, 01:06 AM
Who's best to go to for this in Brisbane? GCI?

Grunt
25th March 2005, 07:47 AM
McMw

At the moment I will see how the weight added to the 5 iron feels today. If it does make a great differernce I think I will get that part sorted out either by the addition of the lead tape or having the shafts removed and weight added.
If I go the second option I will also get the grips made larger and have the clubs lengthen the reqd amount.
Rough quote was given to be about $15 - 20 per club depending on if the grips came off sucessfully and can be re-used.

Deano
25th March 2005, 08:01 PM
"Who's best to go to for this in Brisbane? GCI?"

AndyP

I've always used,and been more than happy with,GCI.

Lot of talk of late though about the guy at Oxley d/range
and Chris at Keperra.

Wondering do the Oxley and Keperra c/builders have as much
or more fitting equip than GCI?

Even a couple of long term GCI fans I know have switched to Keperra.
They do live and play up that way though.Archerfield can be a trip
from the northern subs.

Deano

terryand
25th March 2005, 11:32 PM
"Who's best to go to for this in Brisbane? GCI?"

AndyP

I've always used,and been more than happy with,GCI.

Lot of talk of late though about the guy at Oxley d/range
and Chris at Keperra.

Wondering do the Oxley and Keperra c/builders have as much
or more fitting equip than GCI?

Even a couple of long term GCI fans I know have switched to Keperra.
They do live and play up that way though.Archerfield can be a trip
from the northern subs.

Deano

Deano,

I think Gary set the bar many years ago and it is just in the last couple of years the rest have caught up with him.

Myself I don't think there is much that seperate the top club builders in town.

They all seem to have all the gear these days.Not sure if Gary has a launchy yet or not but Chris has his own and Peter at Oxley has access to one.

I haven't had anything done lately,so I took my 510 to Chris because he is into checking and measuring tip clamp CPM's aswell as butt clamp CPM's aswell as spining the shaft and his knowedge of all the different shafts is good,as in butt and tip stiffnesses and differences.

Chris is so particular with his work it verges on being anal, but I guess that is a good thing.

So I guess it really comes down to who is closest to you.

I'd be happy with any of these guys working on my clubs.

Terry.