PDA

View Full Version : Tas: barnbougle dunes

Collis
16th March 2010, 01:55 PM
Is anyone planing of going and playing barnbougle shortly?
wouldnt mind catching up with someone for a hit there.

kingslayer33
16th March 2010, 02:29 PM
Much as I love a trip to Barny, the 21month old and the new one that arrives in less than 3 months, means trips like that are bloody hard to get permission for.

Maybe we could get a Hobart game organised instead?

Collis
16th March 2010, 02:31 PM
Hobart game could be the go also.
should be able to get a few you would think

Dennis
16th March 2010, 03:18 PM
Im keen for Hobart

Will be down in a couple of week

tasmanian?

kingslayer33
16th March 2010, 05:10 PM
Do you mean Tasmania Golf Club Dennis?

If so I have just heard they have increased their visitor fees to $100.

Dennis
16th March 2010, 06:20 PM
Same as Barny

i think i have recipricol rights as tasmanian. I will check

kingslayer33
16th March 2010, 06:26 PM
Still a big increase from $50 odd just a couple of weeks back.

Hate to gloat but at Barny we locals get a cheaper rate.

rodders
16th March 2010, 06:58 PM
What rate do you pay Kingslayer?

kingslayer33
16th March 2010, 07:08 PM
From memory about $60. My last trip was a couple of rounds and accomm. also so it may be +-$5

rodders
16th March 2010, 08:16 PM
From memory about $60. My last trip was a couple of rounds and accomm. also so it may be +-$5

So if I tell them I'm a Tassie boy I'll get half price? When I went in Sept last year I spoke to Brett Patridge and told him how I used to play Scottsdale every fortnight when I went there for work.

Prick didn't mention any local discount. Booked in May - will remind him of locals discount!

kingslayer33
16th March 2010, 08:47 PM
Hah.
They may ask to see your Tassie license.

We can't have it all going on trust. Not when there are sneaky mainlanders involved anyway. ;)

shazza_rs
17th March 2010, 11:26 AM
tasmanian?

His location in his avatar didn't give it away????

BrisVegas
17th March 2010, 12:32 PM
$100 to play Tasmania GC is a bit stiff! Fair enough for Barny, but Tasmania is a $50 course tops.

kingslayer33
17th March 2010, 02:03 PM
$100 to play Tasmania GC is a bit stiff! Fair enough for Barny, but Tasmania is a $50 course tops.

I think their motives are getting rid of almost all visitors. But I agree 100% with the new price being too steep, even if it is the most challenging layout in the south of the state.

It means the only time I will play there now are in Pennant or the odd corporate day.

rodders
17th March 2010, 04:10 PM
Am a Tassie boy. Moved to Vic 10 years ago.

Used to be a member of Tasmanian GC as well, in fact the pro there now I used to go to school with in Hobart (sadly the pro there when I was a member in the early 90's is no longer with us).

$100 is bloody steep for a round though. Having said that, there is not a lot of choice in Hobart especially since Royal Rosny got cut in half many years ago!

Collis
17th March 2010, 04:27 PM
Haha Royal Rosny - wouldnt play there ever, even if i was given a life time free membership

rodders
17th March 2010, 04:35 PM
Have great memories there Collis.

My first game of golf aged 14 with my Dad and his mate. His mate struggled on the "gentle" slopes of the old middle section. Next day the bloke dropped dead.

The other chestnut was playing there with a mate mid 1980's and teeing off down the furthest tee that was next to the Highway. About 5 bogans (probably from Warrane) were shouting at us so we gave them the old get Fd.

Next thing we hear a rifle shot and my mate drops holding his chest - air rifle pellet, dead centre. Ahhhh, the memories...

sms316
17th March 2010, 04:37 PM
Just looked at the Royal Hobart website. Full membership for under $1200 with no joining fee. If you were in a job that had you travelling around the country on a regular basis, then there is your key to the door of some very good reciprocal clubs.

Can even go for a monthly direct debit.

kingslayer33
17th March 2010, 06:01 PM
That's why my father is a member there too. He probably only plays there one Saturday in four but gets loads of good reciprocals, including two UK courses down Scottt's way.