PDA

View Full Version : Last remnants... SOLD!

kwantfm
23rd March 2005, 07:20 PM
Hello,

Some of you may know that I was the first distributor of SMT equipment in Oz. Tough business though and I've since returned to "real" work.

I have two last items I'd like to sell.

First is a brand new (still in plastic) 10* RH SMT Nemesis head with magnetic headcover. $150 (+ shipping).

Second is a NEVER BEEN HIT 10* RH SMT Spectrum shafted with a regular flex Nippon GT-500 graphite shaft at 44.5" with a soft cord grip and magnetic headcover. $200 (+ shipping). A customer ordered this and then never went through with the purchase. If needed I can provide email pics of this spotless club.

Kind regards,
Terence

gazgolf1
23rd March 2005, 08:39 PM
need a little Holy Grail money ey Terence ?. :wink:

craigd
23rd March 2005, 09:07 PM
Hi kwantfm,

I'm new around here, one of davidp's mates. Does this club have a closed face?

Thanks,

craigd

terryand
23rd March 2005, 09:19 PM
Hi kwantfm,

I'm new around here, one of davidp's mates. Does this club have a closed face?

Thanks,

craigd

I wouldn't go spreading that around to much Craig :? :wink:

Welcome aboard mate :smt023

Terry.

kwantfm
23rd March 2005, 09:41 PM
G'day craigd,

Spectrum 10* is 1* closed... unfortunately I don't have a face angle gauge to measure this one exactly.

Gaz,

Yep there is a 300 Tour on the way. You been spying on me at BSG??

Cheers,
Terence

Trung
23rd March 2005, 09:42 PM
sorry to hear Terence, hope to catch up for a game soon 8)

kwantfm
23rd March 2005, 09:46 PM
Trung,

Wow... your current handicap is 6.0!

"I'll have what he's having!"

Cheers,
Terence

Trung
23rd March 2005, 09:52 PM
Trung,

Wow... your current handicap is 6.0!

"I'll have what he's having!"

Cheers,
Terence

Don't believe anything you read on the internet. I'm still the same chopper you played with last time. :wink:

Jono
24th March 2005, 02:11 AM
I don't have much experience with the Nemesis, but I've had the Spectrum for over a year now and it's probably the best driver I've used so far. Hot off the face, solid sounding, good trajectory and spin combination for me, and quite forgiving (off the toe, especially). $200 is a great price. I think the head alone costs more than that.

Terence, have a look at the 1st Tee section under the Vintage thread. I put your name down for the Hunter trip on 17th April. Emailed you but not sure whether you still have the same email address.

gazgolf1
24th March 2005, 04:25 AM
Gaz,

Cheers,
Terence

A brand newy...I'm jealous. 8)

Jarro
24th March 2005, 04:55 AM
Gaz,

Cheers,
Terence

A brand newy...I'm jealous. 8)

nice pickup Terence 8)

they're a great driver the old 300Tour :D

kwantfm
24th March 2005, 09:22 AM
Jono,

Thanks mate. I did receive the email... still trying to work out if I can go.

Cheers,
Terence

kwantfm
24th March 2005, 12:02 PM
If anyone wants a square head then you can't go past the Nemesis. There was a strange manufacturing issue which occurred with SMT. The new version of the Nem (due to a change in foundry) is larger (about 405cc compared to 370cc) and sets up totally square at 10* (compared to 1* closed for the original). Just FYI.

Jono
24th March 2005, 02:02 PM
If anyone wants a square head then you can't go past the Nemesis. There was a strange manufacturing issue which occurred with SMT. The new version of the Nem (due to a change in foundry) is larger (about 405cc compared to 370cc) and sets up totally square at 10* (compared to 1* closed for the original). Just FYI.

That's an interesting bit of trivia, Terence. Something only a true golfing nerd would know ... :wink:

Does it still say "370" on the sole? How is it bigger? Face taller? Deeper front to back? I've never really tried the good old Nem ... Can't see it beating the Spectrum though ...

kwantfm
24th March 2005, 05:10 PM
The new Nem does say 370 on the sole. It is also slightly larger in all dimensions with face depth being the most noticeable increase for me.

I like the shape of the new Nem better.

davidp
24th March 2005, 05:20 PM
Terence, didn't Mike at SMT have the same issue about a year back when he switched foundries? I think the HP420 plates somehow got substituted for the Nemesis plates. The result was a 405cc Nemesis.

kwantfm
24th March 2005, 11:10 PM
davidp,

Spot on. That is what happened although I am not sure that it was the HP420 plates which caused the issue. Whatever happened still a great head. One of our demo drivers was the 11* new Nem and it is a bomber.

Cheers,
Terence

kwantfm
29th March 2005, 12:45 PM
Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that the Spectrum has been sold. Thank you... you know who you are.

Brand new Nemesis head still available.

Cheers,
Terence

kwantfm
23rd May 2005, 02:24 PM
Nemesis head is gone...