PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger

Trung
22nd March 2005, 09:44 PM
Who is ready for a sledgathon?

My account is trung_kenwood@hotmail.com . Feel free to add me 8)

Jarro
23rd March 2005, 04:37 AM
.. is it hard to setup :?: and does it require a huge download :?:

if not, i'll set one up as well :lol:

Eag's
23rd March 2005, 07:02 AM

No Mark, very easy to setup and only about a 6meg download.
Just make sure you get the latest version which is 6.2 I think :wink:

Trung
23rd March 2005, 08:56 AM
I'm using version 7.0 :wink:

You can download 6.2 from here http://messenger.ninemsn.com.au/Beta/Default.aspx

Fishman Dan
23rd March 2005, 09:05 AM

I'm guessing for a bloke who obviously knows how to double-click (a la the double post) - setup shouldn't be a problem.

Version 7 beta is safe enough to use, unless you have 69'er in your contacts. :roll:

BrisVegas
23rd March 2005, 09:17 AM
Mark,

MSN is a good option for dialup. It's relatively low impact and allows real-time chat. My work uses it to keep in touch with our consultants around the world, because you can use it no problems on dialup from hotels and client sites etc..

Do it man. 8)

Dion

Grunt
23rd March 2005, 09:23 AM
Trung

What changes can you see from MSN 6.2 to 7? Is it stable?

Fishman Dan
23rd March 2005, 09:26 AM
Trung

What changes can you see from MSN 6.2 to 7? Is it stable?

Grunter - read 3 posts above. I've been using for ages... 6 weeks? No problems with it thus far.

A few new goodies that you never use, and added features to annoy contacts and ultimately get you blocked. Other than that, the handwriting component can be fun.

peter_rs
23rd March 2005, 09:43 AM
msn V7 is stable and if you want real time chatting is the way to go- and yes they have improved the bugging factor in 7. having said that windows comes preinstalled with 6 so no downloading required.(6 & 7 are compatiable)

AndyP
23rd March 2005, 09:48 AM
I use GAIM (v1.0.3) at work. Easy to use, simple interface.

And Trillian (v3.1) at home.

Both of these allow me to communicate with both those on MSN messenger and Yahoo messenger. Unfortunately, I can't connect to MSN at work.

BTW messaging details are in our profiles.

peter_rs
23rd March 2005, 10:07 AM
AndyP does that mean some knows how to use an OS other then Windows? or just anti microsoft products :lol:
http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/linuxhumor/data/pics/lookgood2.jpg

Grunt
23rd March 2005, 10:32 AM
Hi

Feel free to add me

nospamg_mascord@hotmail.com

gee that sounded weird I feel a bit slutty now :P

remove the no spam to get it to work

amanda
23rd March 2005, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure I've got my msn details in my profile - but mandyandbrad is our username

Fishman Dan
23rd March 2005, 11:03 AM
Just a tip guys - posting your e-mail address on a web page is a recipe for disaster. Any spam 'dealer' can use a web-spider type application and rip-out any SMTP e-mail addresses (user@myaddress.com etc) from a website for SPAM purposes.

If I were you lot, i'd make some changes like;

xyzamanda_wong@hotmail.com

And then footnote it to advise people to remove the 'xyz'.

Ducky
23rd March 2005, 03:16 PM
I like most things in MSN 7.0. However, the file transfer feature seems to be extremely slow (more than likely due to the fact it goes through Microsoft servers and not directly from one client to another) which can be a pain when trying to send large files such as applications and/or videos. That is my only real complaint so far, but the animated custom smilies and handwriting features ease the pain to some degree.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).