PDA

View Full Version : Everyone loves narwhals, right?

Scottt
9th March 2010, 07:42 AM
http://www.modsquadgolf.com/index.php/topic,10190.0.html

Ouch.

Daves
9th March 2010, 08:20 AM
http://www.modsquadgolf.com/index.php/topic,10190.0.html

Ouch.

the link does not work.

moree golfer
9th March 2010, 08:30 AM
Can you cut and paste the article please Scottt as I dont wish to sign up to yet another forum?

TheBoz_fromOz
9th March 2010, 09:37 AM
Hi Scott, I can't see the post but I assume it is talking about the 2007/2008 balls as the posts were quite old
plus the guys testing there tend to be Tour ball players that when you read the other posts are really only
thinking in those terms which is fine.

Here is a current UK review from the GolfMagic website from another Premium Tour ball player,

http://www.golfmagic.com/reviews/golf-balls/normal-balls/-vision-x3-uv/15653.html

Cheers,
Boz.

sms316
9th March 2010, 09:42 AM
Silly question, but related to Boz's link - does a price difference of $2 a ball really matter to some people? Why would you use anything but the best ball for you regardless of the cost?

This isn't a dig at any ball in particular, if the best ball for you is a DT Solo, Vision, Srixon or anything else then good on you. I've never understood the market for the Titleist NXT, a ball for people seeking premium performance but unwilling to pay for it.

just
9th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Because they don't perform exactly the same as the premium pills and they are significantly cheaper. They provide a little more distance and enough spin for most amatuer players. I don't like the NXT but I use the equivalents, Trispeeds and Wilson C:25's, and find they perform better for me and I don't have to pay the price premium.

LarryLong
9th March 2010, 10:48 AM
Silly question, but related to Boz's link - does a price difference of $2 a ball really matter to some people? Why would you use anything but the best ball for you regardless of the cost?

I'm probably a tightarse, but I'd definately use a ball that was "good enough" if it was $2 cheaper than the "optimised for my game" ball.

Of course, I'm a chopper, and in my ability bracket shots are lost by stupidity and terrible stuff-ups and you don't tend to get those shots back by playing a better ball. That said, I think many golfers at all levels would be unlikely to see any change in the score at the end of the day if they used less than premium balls - or equipment, for that matter. Maybe the scratch golfers of the world have a very fine margin for error, but the rest of us are just kidding ourselves.

You're also forgetting that the choppers of this world have to buy more balls because we lose more. :)

WBennett
9th March 2010, 10:51 AM
SMS

I use NXT tours. $17-20 a dozen from Squizzys. I lose 3 or more a round if playing crap at GLGC (record is 9 in a day), and they make a good compromise ball for my game. They are not soft, but they work for me as my short game is pus anyway...

Scottt
9th March 2010, 03:42 PM
the link does not work.

I see, I guess you have to be a member.

Basically:

1. Balls given out to test.
2. Bloke says they weren't very good.
3. Bloke who gave the balls out gives all and sundry a massive spray.
4. All and sundry suggest he get someone else to do his PR.

:lol:

Webster
9th March 2010, 03:49 PM
maybe they thought those balls were bars of soap?

Scottt
9th March 2010, 04:20 PM
That can't be it, Jack, or the balls would still be sitting in their boxes, unused.

TheBoz_fromOz
9th March 2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Scott, was it a Kenny or Shaun that was giving the spray? Boz.

Scottt
9th March 2010, 04:57 PM
Not sure of the guy's name. he is involved in the Long Drive scene if that tells you anything.

TheBoz_fromOz
9th March 2010, 05:11 PM
Kenny from Scotland. :-) He is running the UKLongdrive event, I gave him some of the old balls Arctic's and UV's
from my original UK rep to try his hand plus help his Vision Childrens Charity efforts. I like the fact he is happy
to have a go. The posts must be old though Scott??Cheers, Boz.

Scottt
9th March 2010, 05:23 PM
No, last week, I think.

TheBoz_fromOz
9th March 2010, 05:28 PM
Tah! I will ask about it,Boz.

markTHEblake
9th March 2010, 06:54 PM
the link does not work.

Fantastic, that means search engines therefore hardly anybody will find this whinge. Instead they will be directed to OZgolf where Boz is a revered prophet.

TheBoz_fromOz
9th March 2010, 07:30 PM
Hey Mark :lol:

New tag line, Vision " Play the brighter ball. "

Cheers, Boz.

TheBoz_fromOz
9th March 2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Scott, thanks again for the headsup, got the full story and have talked to the guys involved, Cheers, Boz.

Scottt
9th March 2010, 10:09 PM
No worries, Boz.

It seems most of the guys involved turned up, took the balls, then decided not to use them, which is pretty annoying for your fellas.

markTHEblake
9th March 2010, 10:24 PM
1. Balls given out to test.
2. Bloke says they weren't very good.
:lol:

So one bloke didn't like them and you label the whole country? Anyone would think you are a journalist.

Scottt
9th March 2010, 10:37 PM
Have you read the thread?

Until Boz came and charmed them, the lot of them were ripping shreds off the UK rep and "weren't fans of Vision". Would he have got a single one of them to try the balls again after his performance? No.

But given you'd obviously read the thread, you already knew that.

markTHEblake
9th March 2010, 11:03 PM
But given you'd obviously read the thread, you already knew that.

I can only go on the description (summary) you gave of the thread which I quoted. I see no reason for you to misunderstand.

Bloke = One person.

Scottt
9th March 2010, 11:06 PM
Thread title updated to reflect the direction it has taken.

mike
9th March 2010, 11:39 PM
Unnecessary, scottt.

grandmasterb
9th March 2010, 11:46 PM
Thread title updated to reflect the direction it has taken.

Time to give up your Aussie citizenship i think princess ;)

Scottt
9th March 2010, 11:50 PM
Not at all. After years of happily sparring with Blakey it has occurred to me that he's either not serious and just likes to make me angy or he is genuinely committed to disagreeing with me for sport. Either way I'm not going to get angry anymore.

markTHEblake
10th March 2010, 12:14 AM
Unnecessary, scottt.

I'm quite Ok with it, it proves something.

he is genuinely committed to disagreeing with me for sport.

That might be true if there was any disagreement, but there isnt.
1. You are a Journalist.
2. You said it was one bloke.

I only asked a question, why label a country when you said it was just one bloke? <--- That is also a question, thats what the "?" means.

Either way I'm not going to get angry anymore.you are not hiding it very well.

By the way you didnt answer the question. Perhaps you could have said "sorry, it started with one bloke, and then.... blah blah" but its too late now I suppose.

MegaWatty
10th March 2010, 12:31 AM
This is some sort of inside joke right? Surely this isn't serious?

Scottt
10th March 2010, 12:31 AM
If you had read the thread I linked to, you'd have understood, which would have saved you having to attack me personally/professionally, then hiding behind the "I was only asking an honest question" business when I called you on it.

Interesting too that you only quoted the top two lines, when the last one mentioned all and sundry giving it to the bloke. Funny that.

markTHEblake
10th March 2010, 01:00 AM
If you had read the thread I linked to, you'd have understood

You are repeating yourself, If you had of read my answer to the first time you said that, you would have understood.

You gave the description of what went on in that other forum, so we didnt have to read it. Your fault if you described it incorrectly as just 'one bloke' not liking the ball if thats not the case.

which would have saved you having to attack me personally/professionallyJournalists are stereotypically known for creating headlines to make something sensational that isn't, and you appear to have done it twice in the same thread already! :smt038

If you want to take that as a personal attack feel free to press the 'report' button, but seriously, Journalists, like Real estate agents, lawyers and car salesman, often cop the brunt of stereotypical jokes. Suck it up precious.

Interesting too that you only quoted the top two lines, when the last one mentioned all and sundry giving it to the bloke. Funny that.You are correct, funny that. All and sundry giving it to the bloke personally has absolutely nothing to do with what England thinks of the Vision golf ball. So quite rightly, I considered it completely irrelevant to the topic (that was) at hand.

p.s. thanks for starting a fan club for me.

3oneday
10th March 2010, 04:16 AM
It's the Zigwah/JC show !

Give it a spell girls FFS !

Scottt
10th March 2010, 05:29 AM
I bags being JC.

Iain
10th March 2010, 08:11 AM
Get a room.... :roll:

sms316
10th March 2010, 08:31 AM
Just read the thread. Bit of a let down tbh. Boz handled it well.

Scottt
10th March 2010, 08:40 AM
Boz handled it very well. have even had PMs from a couple of the most vocal blokes saying as much.

Jarro
10th March 2010, 09:00 AM
Another pearler Scottt :roll:

virge666
10th March 2010, 09:03 AM
Scott,

You lost me on this one... Even JC and Zig never would have struggled for something this petty.

Build a bridge and get over it.

grandmasterb
10th March 2010, 09:07 AM
Scott,

You lost me on this one... Even JC and Zig never would have struggled for something this petty.

Build a bridge and get over it.

Oi enough with the mature responses virge you will give this forum a bad name if that stuff continues :P

I just read the entire thread and also agree Boz did very well at putting the flames out, anyone would think he's a salesman and done that before!!!

virge666
10th March 2010, 09:42 AM
Oi enough with the mature responses virge you will give this forum a bad name if that stuff continues :P

I am all for a good old fashioned stouch about one thing or the other, as long as it has a bit of substance, preferably golf or sports orientated.

But the last few weeks have just been handbags thrown and crying and pointing of fingers and more crying and then toys being thrown out of cot.

FFS, we are meant to be hard men imbued with a steely determination ready to do battle in a hard, but fair way. This has been more like a rich girl's primary school.

rodders
10th March 2010, 09:57 AM
I cant work out why anyone buys into this crap.

Clearly the first post is designed to get a response - a negative one. Let's face it, that is all it was designed for.

And Scottt gets it. Congratulations.

If it was a serious review regrding Vision balls and what a some people thought about it, do you honestly think it would have the header Scottt originally used. It's simply "look at me".

FWIW I agree that Boz handled it well from what I have read.

To now change the header again just demonstrates pettiness.

Remember the saying about arseholes and opinions - it's just most of us don't flash our cheeks as much as some so publically.

3oneday
10th March 2010, 10:05 AM
FFS, we are meant to be hard men imbued with a steely determination ready to do battle in a hard, but fair way. This has been more like a rich girl's primary school.
ya big sheila.

;)

just
10th March 2010, 10:09 AM
Am I on one of the lists?

Sorry, I was getting a bit ahead of myself

TheBoz_fromOz
10th March 2010, 10:49 AM

Hey Virge, I just like to watch! :shock: Having bright balls always makes me too much of a
target Cheers, Boz. lol

sms316
10th March 2010, 10:53 AM
Hey Virge, I just like to watch! :shock: Having bright balls always makes me too much of a
target Cheers, Boz. lol

You will get in a lot of trouble for that. Especially if it involves a rich girl's primary school.

Disgusting. ;)

MegaWatty
10th March 2010, 11:41 AM
Probably could have just gone into the long Vision thread.

Scottt
10th March 2010, 03:16 PM
Fair enough then.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/photogalleries/narwhals/images/primary/narwhal1.jpg

AndyP
10th March 2010, 03:21 PM
I was reading a book to my 3 year old son last night, which has shitloads of animals in it. I made sure that I pointed out the narwhal, and got him to repeat the word back to me several times.

adlo
10th March 2010, 03:21 PM
Respect AP

Scottt
10th March 2010, 03:27 PM
http://fsb.zedge.net/content/1/2/8/9/1-1607540-1289-t.jpg

Eldrick
10th March 2010, 03:42 PM
ahh Narwhals, when unicorns and dugongs combine

Scoot
10th March 2010, 03:44 PM
How rooted would Scotttt be without the ability to edit posts etc.

You should have on his information bar how many he has edited.

Posts 6361
Edited posts 6365

PeteyD
10th March 2010, 03:57 PM
Narwhals use headcovers.

henno
10th March 2010, 04:50 PM
It is now safe to post in this thread....

I freakin' love narwhals.

just
10th March 2010, 04:58 PM
I love Narwhals too, grilled with BBQ sauce. Yum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq0EqWURkms

markTHEblake
10th March 2010, 07:50 PM
My names disappeared from the thread title - I'm shattered, Google was all over that.

Scoot
10th March 2010, 08:57 PM
I'm sure he hasn't finished editing yet.

You might still get back on.

sms316
11th March 2010, 07:31 AM
I suspect narwhals are evil.

Much the same way that zigwah fooled everyone, the truth will come out.

Dotty
11th March 2010, 07:57 AM
I suspect narwhals are evil.

Much the same way that zigwah fooled everyone, the truth will come out.
+1

If they were any good, the Japanese would be researching them.

Dotty
29th May 2018, 07:31 AM
Henno's back and narwhals are back in the news ...

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/young-girl-rescued-after-she-drifted-out-to-sea-on-an-inflatable-unicorn/ar-AAxVPUf?ocid=ientp

henno
29th May 2018, 10:37 AM
Henno's back and narwhals are back in the news ...

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/young-girl-rescued-after-she-drifted-out-to-sea-on-an-inflatable-unicorn/ar-AAxVPUf?ocid=ientp

Coincidence or narwhal conspiracy. 8)

PerryGroves
29th May 2018, 11:01 AM
Where have you been Henno, a stint in Boggo Road?

henno
29th May 2018, 11:28 AM
Where have you been Henno, a stint in Boggo Road?

I blame PeteyD for coaxing me away from golf to play Gridiron for quite a few years. Then I just got immersed in my work and never really came back to the game.

I just finished up a contract working on the Commonwealth Games, so currently have plenty of free time on my hands. Caught up with some Ozgolf Real OGs a couple of weeks ago (dc68, sms316, Marto65, shavey, golfer69, markTHEblake) and it reminded me that I should pop back and see what the old neighbourhood looks like.