PDA

View Full Version : Holden Scramble

Golfgirl
27th May 2004, 02:43 PM
Guess What!!! :smt026

Played yesterday in the inaugural Shellharbour Links Holden Scramble, and won comfortably to be through to the Regional event later this year in Canberra. \:D/

I played the game of my life, and had my partners shaking their heads going "how are you a 27-handicapper??" :? :wink:

I sank birdie putts from 20 feet, 15 feet and 40 feet on 3 of the first four holes, and we took my drive on at least 7 holes, 'cause the boys couldn't get near me!! :twisted: We were driving the opposition team absolutely batty.... it was a lot of fun. :D

I can't wait for regionals, but the guys are worried that I might break my handicap really badly before then.... :lol: :lol:

terryand
27th May 2004, 03:21 PM
Well done GG =D> :smt023

You'll have to repack your parachuteuntil the next round :-$

Terry.

Jarro
27th May 2004, 03:23 PM
goo work GG 8)

were you hitting high draws off the tee :?:

Golfgirl
27th May 2004, 03:41 PM
Yep Jarro - nice high draws about 200m.... good fun! :D

AndyP
27th May 2004, 05:40 PM
Hooray! :D

Want to meet me for a practice round in Canberra?

goughy
27th May 2004, 05:46 PM
On ya gg. Good to see the work paying off eh.

Sweet.

McMw
27th May 2004, 11:20 PM
sheesh....the results from the (one) range work came pretty quickly!!! :shock:

usually I have to go to the range to make my game sux even more!!!

*nice work btw GG!!! :D*

burger
28th May 2004, 09:21 AM
Go you good thang! =D> :smt023

Congrats GG! the practise/lessons paying off .

you must have been relaxed too . . . .

Golfgirl
28th May 2004, 09:22 AM
sheesh....the results from the (one) range work came pretty quickly!!! :shock:

usually I have to go to the range to make my game sux even more!!!

Yeah Mau - I did ask the guys whether swing changes were supposed to kick in this quickly (two 30 mins lessons and no practice at all), and they just laughed and told me that it works because it feels more natural than what I have been doing. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Still, trust is the key, and when I don't trust the swing, I hit it all over the place, so I will still have to spend some time at the range and "groove" it a bit. Also, having trouble taking the swing changes to my short irons, so a bit erratic with approaches.... still more work to do.... :roll: :wink:

Onewood
28th May 2004, 07:31 PM
Guess What!!! :smt026

Played yesterday in the inaugural Shellharbour Links Holden Scramble, and won comfortably to be through to the Regional event later this year in Canberra. \:D/

I played the game of my life, and had my partners shaking their heads going "how are you a 27-handicapper??" :? :wink:

I sank birdie putts from 20 feet, 15 feet and 40 feet on 3 of the first four holes, and we took my drive on at least 7 holes, 'cause the boys couldn't get near me!! :twisted: We were driving the opposition team absolutely batty.... it was a lot of fun. :D

I can't wait for regionals, but the guys are worried that I might break my handicap really badly before then.... :lol: :lol:

Great stuff mate 8) You'll get back up here anyway you can :lol: :lol: See you at the National's :wink: :D

990B Luva
28th May 2004, 08:28 PM
playing with me and Jarro are ya Onewood??

Eag's
28th May 2004, 08:39 PM
Good onya Golfgirl =D>
Keep holing those 20 footers and and you will be sweet :wink:

Golfgirl
29th May 2004, 11:23 AM
Great stuff mate 8) You'll get back up here anyway you can :lol: :lol: See you at the National's :wink: :D

Yep - got to get back to Qld somehow - may as well spend a week at the Gold Coast playing the holden scramble nationals.... :D :wink:

I'll look forward to seeing you there.... :wink:

jaster
29th May 2004, 05:58 PM

Yep - got to get back to Qld somehow - may as well spend a week at the Gold Coast playing the holden scramble nationals.... :D :wink:

I'll look forward to seeing you there.... :wink:

Well played GG :)

mike
29th May 2004, 06:50 PM
I checked out the scramble website and my club isn't listed as having a scramble day. Am I able to play in one of the other club's days ?

Also is it an advantage having a female in your team ?

Golfgirl
29th May 2004, 07:15 PM
Yes - most clubs make their Holden Scramble days an open event, so you can get a team together and head to another golf club. Last year I qualified at Noosa Springs (which was not where I was a member :wink: ).

As to having a woman in the team - it can be an advantage, but I guess it depends on the individual team's makeup. Women often have larger handicaps and bigger headstarts from the reds, but it is only useful if they can hit it far enough from the red tees, to outdrive the men from the blue tees.... it isn't always a given, and plenty of times I have had male team mates blow one past me from 100m further back.

As to the handicap advantage - remember that high markers have high handicaps for a reason - they are very inconsistent golfers, which puts more pressure on the low marker of the team. When I qualified last year it was with two 10 markers, but this year, it was with a 5 marker and a 25 marker!! Needless to say, that twice the 25 marker and I missed a 4 foot putt for par and our low marker had to sink it!! :shock:

Anyway, it is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it to any golfer.... :D

mike
29th May 2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks GG,
The team I want to put together is myself ( obviously ) I play off 13, a mate who plays off 16 but really should be single figures, he's that good, just never plays, and a lady that works with my wife. She plays off about 8 and would give us a great start from the red markers...as well as hit most of the greens.

Trouble is we're all members of different clubs.

Golfgirl
29th May 2004, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a great team Mike... it doesn't matter that you are all from different clubs... you just register as a team on the day when you get to the venue... 8)

8 marker - yep - she'll be good value off the reds.... :shock: :lol:

mike
29th May 2004, 08:22 PM
I have never played golf with her. I hear she is very accurate off the tee and deadly from 100 metres in.

Everything I'm not :(