PDA

View Full Version : GPS

fatbastard
8th March 2010, 06:24 PM
I'm sure you've already had a thread about this, but being new here I haven't had the chance to see it...

I am looking to get a golf GPS and would like some feedback as to the best ones...

Yes, I would like shot tracker and stats etc, but it is not imperative...

If you could send me in the direction of the thread that covers this, it would be great. If not, please fire away with your thoughts, opinions and advice!!!

FB

AlexMc
8th March 2010, 06:30 PM
I have a Sureshot. Have had no dramas with it.

Hawkers2008
8th March 2010, 06:31 PM
Potentially the Callaway uPro (due out here in April) is the best thing going but their course inventory is a bit light on and because they use satellite imagery to create both their basic and pro mode maps getting maps for some newer courses won't be that easily done.

The sureshot is pretty good and they have a big inventory of courses plus you can edit maps so if won't to add in or your layup point or if something changes you can adjust the map without waiting for them. I wouldn't sign up for a subsription with them to hold anymore than 10 courses, it so easy to download and swap them around it waste of money to pay extra.

Ned
8th March 2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?17881-Golf-GPS-Devices-and-Programs&highlight=

:-"

Courty
8th March 2010, 10:15 PM
I had a Bushnell Neo, but traded up to a Sonocaddie V300. It's really, really good.

Flowergirl
8th March 2010, 10:43 PM
no problems with the sureshot here. Thumbs up!!

AndyP
8th March 2010, 10:44 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?17881-Golf-GPS-Devices-and-Programs&highlight=

:-"You tried, Ned. What more can you do?

fatbastard
9th March 2010, 05:37 PM
You tried, Ned. What more can you do?

Andy, I read through that and it mainly talked about the technical jargon with GPSs, not the brands etc. I was more asking which brands people have and their thoughts, e.g. sonocaddie, upro, sureshot etc.

Ned
9th March 2010, 05:43 PM
Andy, I read through that and it mainly talked about the technical jargon with GPSs, not the brands etc. I was more asking which brands people have and their thoughts, e.g. sonocaddie, upro, sureshot etc.

Went looking for some GPS gadget threads a little while ago and apart from Grunts which had a fair bit of centralised detail, there was a lot spread over a heap of individual threads.

So as a suggestion, have one thread where a document is attached to the OP that is regularly updated with feedback on two areas of GPS's:

Dedicated GPS Devices
Smartphone/PDA gadgets with GPS Capabilities.
Anyone can then post feedback/suggestions/shortcuts/websites etc for either area that everyone can then use to either fix a problem or when looking at buying or upgrading.

Basically a GPS FAQ but answers, no questions.

Dedicated Devices as an example:

SonaCaddie, SkyCaddie, Callaway uPro, IZZO Swami, Garmin Golflogix, Golf Buddy Pro, Bushnell, OnPar Touch Screen, GolfPlanet Mars 100, iGolf Handheld, TOUCHMaster PRO for Golf, QuickRange GPS, GPS Golf Color Guru.

There are a number of models and program versions for the above.

Smartphone/PDA gadgets with GPS Capabilities.

iPhone, GolfLogix, FreeCaddie, MasterGolfGPS, GPS-Caddy, Pocket Golf Pro, GolfTraxx, GolfPS, Pocket Caddie, IntelliGolf, iGolfScorer, Caddy Aid PDA, GreenFinder.

There are a number of program versions for the above.

Anyway what say you all ?

Maybe I didnt explain it enough in the OP!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatbastard
9th March 2010, 05:51 PM
Yes Ned you explained it brilliantly... It's just that most of the posts that followed talked about the technical stuff. However I have found another thread which you have just posted in which is brilliant. Thank you.

FB

AndyP
9th March 2010, 06:42 PM
Andy, I read through that and it mainly talked about the technical jargon with GPSs, not the brands etc. I was more asking which brands people have and their thoughts, e.g. sonocaddie, upro, sureshot etc.My comment was directed to Ned. He tried to set up a thread that would have answered your question if it wasn't jacked.

fatbastard
10th March 2010, 09:55 AM
My comment was directed to Ned. He tried to set up a thread that would have answered your question if it wasn't jacked.

Thread jacking on a forum??? Never!!! ;)