PDA

View Full Version : So theres a club Ho at my golf club

Bushka
7th March 2010, 12:22 PM
Just bought a new driver (callaways latest) 3 months after buying a Titelist 909 D2 brand spankers.

I have a two hundred bucks put aside for a new driver, but was going to wait till I could afford a new gun.

The jnr pro reckons he wants about 300 for it. Was going to try to pick it up for 250 and just reak open the piggy bank for it. Is that over the top? It looks...so hot lol :)

I figure it could be the kind of club that stays in my bag for a lot of years.

So anyway is the club worth it? Is there another driver out there I should have a look at? Currently using a macgregor MT460. Nice cheap solid driver but not exceptional.

Lngnokr71
7th March 2010, 12:45 PM
Pull the trigger if it is equipped with a shaft that fits your game. So many golfers under estimate the importance of the right shaft.

goughy
7th March 2010, 01:34 PM
And so many golfers under estimate the importance of buying as much equip as often as you can till it fills your garage! This place isn't the best for advice on whether to buy a club or not - the answer will always be buy buy buy!! :)

PeteyD
7th March 2010, 01:36 PM
It is like asking a junkie if you should buy crack.

rhino62
7th March 2010, 01:48 PM
spend the $200 on lessons - that will be better for your game than any driver

grandmasterb
7th March 2010, 02:06 PM
If you hit either of the current two drivers you own ok then i say forget about buying anything else and just concentrate on hitting the course as much as you can and putting the ball in the play ;)

3oneday
7th March 2010, 02:17 PM
What driver are you buying ? I can't work out if it is a Cally, a Titty or something else ?

If it's a Cally, what model ?

CanuckDownUnder
7th March 2010, 04:16 PM
Lessons by Nathan @ Manly GC. Helped my game . Clinics @ Warringah.

Bushka
7th March 2010, 05:17 PM
Lessons by Nathan @ Manly GC. Helped my game . Clinics @ Warringah.

Naths a good bloke. He won the junior pro series last year,very handy :)

Phil is giving me lessons at present (the pro) and i'll keep getting lessons this is a little bit of cash on the side i had allocated toward a driver.

The actual club is a titeliest 909. I have a macgregor mt460, but there could be a shot at picking up the 909 for about 300 maybe a little less. I am just asking if this is a reasonable price. I love the club have a mate with one and have hit that, it's absolutely beautiful.

I am pretty devoted with regards to practice / lessons. Heavy on drills / bunkers / putting.

So it's not either or. :)

Moe Norman
7th March 2010, 07:39 PM
spend the $200 on lessons - that will be better for your game than any driver

wrong forum mate

3oneday
7th March 2010, 08:02 PM
$300 for a 909 is pretty good, depending on condition and pop up status.

Bushka
7th March 2010, 08:07 PM
Will report back tommorrow with full details + shaft info. I have a feeling the shaft might be regular flex which worries me since i'm not super fast with my swing but i am pretty sure regular is too slow.

Bushka
8th March 2010, 11:44 AM
Well sad to say its a regular flex (and on the whippy side to be honest) and he is now reviewing selling the club since he thinks he made a mistake.

Looks like i'm going to have to Ho myself a driver from elsewhere :)

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2010, 01:38 PM
Bushka,

A 26 handicapper should not be dropping $$ on driver after driver.

You're much better off using the funds to get the hot backpackers drunk at the Steyne.

henno
8th March 2010, 01:43 PM
Not to mention that the MT460 is a perfectly capable driver. As I said before, unless you are slicing it (as it has a rather open face) just keep bombing it.

3oneday
8th March 2010, 01:47 PM
You guys you should banned....

Ho Bushka, ho like there is no tomorrow !

;)

Bushka
8th March 2010, 02:11 PM
Not to mention that the MT460 is a perfectly capable driver. As I said before, unless you are slicing it (as it has a rather open face) just keep bombing it.

Henno stop talking sense for gods sake.

To the canadian connection ! I've only ever bought one driver and that was the MacGregor MT460.

Your both right though in that I don't slice I draw so i ....i just have some money...and...i want something....lol

Young family and all that if i dont burn the cash now I'll just end up spending it on groceries...I'm not kidding here either.

3oneday
8th March 2010, 02:15 PM
Well said, a healthy addition to the forum 8)

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2010, 02:59 PM
Just bought a new driver (callaways latest) 3 months after buying a Titelist 909 D2 brand spankers.

I have a two hundred bucks put aside for a new driver, but was going to wait till I could afford a new gun.

The jnr pro reckons he wants about 300 for it. Was going to try to pick it up for 250 and just reak open the piggy bank for it. Is that over the top? It looks...so hot lol :)

I figure it could be the kind of club that stays in my bag for a lot of years.

So anyway is the club worth it? Is there another driver out there I should have a look at? Currently using a macgregor MT460. Nice cheap solid driver but not exceptional.

Henno stop talking sense for gods sake.

To the canadian connection ! I've only ever bought one driver and that was the MacGregor MT460.

Your both right though in that I don't slice I draw so i ....i just have some money...and...i want something....lol

Young family and all that if i dont burn the cash now I'll just end up spending it on groceries...I'm not kidding here either.

Zigwah is back!

Bushka
8th March 2010, 03:04 PM
BUT!!!!

the title of the post when taken in conjunction with the first line!

So theres a club Ho at my golf club

The club ho is not I! I was simply seeking to help him carry his excess Titleist baggage :)