PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrades

clikchic
5th March 2010, 11:28 AM
Hi Everyone

Sorry for the delay in regards to the forum upgrades, I have been sick a lot of late and then had to get past some deadlines, and so that has slowed me up a bit.

The test site is working well and while there will be several plugins that no longer work we can update them bit by bit. I am keen to get the upgrades done so that we have a working forum on the new software, and take care of the rest after that.

I hope to perform the upgrades over the next few days so there will be some down time. I will get them done as quick as I can to minimise the downtime.

For updates, see the Ozgolf Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/group.php?gid=5287202798) where I will keep you posted on progress.

clikchic
5th March 2010, 07:21 PM
Ok guys, upgrades are complete, bear with us while we update everything and sort out the CMS etc.

BrettM
5th March 2010, 07:30 PM
Wondered what happened when I tried earlier to log in - new forum style.

I wonder why forums need to change their style from time to time when you get used to a familiar type which the everyday user enjoys.

Guess it's part of moving forward. If it is for the better of the site, then so be it.

mike
5th March 2010, 07:31 PM
What does this one do that the other one didn't?

Hamo84
5th March 2010, 07:33 PM
I actually like the format, will take some getting used to but in the long run i think its a good thing

goughy
5th March 2010, 07:33 PM
What does this one do that the other one didn't?

Improves your handicap by 3 strokes!

mike
5th March 2010, 07:35 PM
Excellent

Jarro
5th March 2010, 07:39 PM
Nice work Robyn ..... thanks :)

ozdevil
5th March 2010, 07:40 PM
like the looks of this forum better then the old forum top stuff... like all new things everything has teething problems and some people may like the new format and some people wont.

cheers
OZ

clikchic
5th March 2010, 07:45 PM
I much prefer the look of this one, much more streamlined and not so dated looking.

Jarro
5th March 2010, 07:46 PM
We have Blogs too.

The WAnkers will love that feature

Yossarian
5th March 2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks queerlander. Looks good CC! :)

MegaWatty
5th March 2010, 07:51 PM
Damn it. Already pressed a wrong button and lost my post. Shouldn't happen again.

Explain the blog feature for Yoss please.

goughy
5th March 2010, 07:56 PM
There'll be a few things for us to learn more about, the blogs and the articles. What was the portal is now that home page, and we can promote say an interesting thread to an article on the home page. It also looks like we can have rss feeds on there, so if anybody has suggestions then let us know and we can look at maybe getting some on there.

Yossarian
5th March 2010, 07:57 PM
A right sided swing feed?

mike
5th March 2010, 08:06 PM
What's a blog?

Iain
5th March 2010, 08:11 PM
Looks good!!

Grunt
5th March 2010, 08:12 PM
Good work Clic Chic. You are right it has a more modern feel to it.

One thing though is it just my connection or is it a little slower tonight?

mike
5th March 2010, 08:13 PM
I just discovered something. Hover over the thingos on the left and it tells me how many posts I have in that thread.

I have 67 posts in "What pisses you off"
I have 12 posts in "Thing you like"

Oh dear.

Lucasto23
5th March 2010, 08:14 PM
Thankyou very much, looks pretty smicke

ParMaster
5th March 2010, 08:18 PM
I just discovered something. Hover over the thingos on the left and it tells me how many posts I have in that thread.

I have 67 posts in "What pisses you off"
I have 12 posts in "Thing you like"

Oh dear.

You are indeed an angry, angry man Mike.

Eldrick
5th March 2010, 08:20 PM
Looks good.
Should we report issues or bugs in here if we find any?

MegaWatty
5th March 2010, 08:21 PM
Looking forward to firing up the new forum on my PC. Not sure if it's as 'mobile' friendly as the last one. Although, it's only early days. It could be a case of getting used to it.

jaybam
5th March 2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah not a big fan of change but am sure will get used to it. Where have the smilies gone?? All i am getting is boxes with red crosses in them ???

zacdullard
5th March 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm getting the red crosses aswell.

Other than that it looks good, although I will have to get used to no portal.

Dazza
5th March 2010, 08:28 PM
Give it time. It'll all be business as usual shortly I'd reckon.

Loving the RSS feed for the Proshop! :D

KristianJ
5th March 2010, 08:29 PM
Very interesting looking indeed! Not sure if it's a Firefox related bug, but the Quick Reply and Reply with Quote "buttons" don't look right. I'll get a screenshot up if that helps with diagnosis.

MegaWatty
5th March 2010, 08:32 PM
The search works 100 times better with iPhone! Hoorah!!!

Is every forum sending out RSS feeds or only Pro Shop?

mike
Where have the smilies gone?? All i am getting is boxes with red crosses in them ???

I'm getting the red crosses aswell.

Excellent.
Smilies piss me off.

goughy
Yep let us know if there are any issues! The reply, reply with quote, etc look different but ok to me. But a screen shot would help. We're on ff too.

MegaWatty
5th March 2010, 08:34 PM
Will the line in New Posts that says something like 'the following are still new posts but haven't changed since your last visit' be returning?

KristianJ
5th March 2010, 08:37 PM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6428/85436278.th.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/85436278.jpg/)

I'm using FF 3.6. Seems to look right when I use Google Chrome though - might just use that for now.

EDIT: Now it's fixed itself in Firefox...:) Nothing to worry about now, I hope.

Eag's
5th March 2010, 08:43 PM
Just woke up for my graveyard shift and logged onto this, nice work people.:)

zacdullard
5th March 2010, 08:55 PM
Is there still chat?

KristianJ
5th March 2010, 08:56 PM
I spoke too soon...it's reverted back to the jumbled stuff on my Firefox.

Minor_Threat
5th March 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the upgrade, it is usually a thankless job as I have done it myself. It is much appreciated!

Eldrick
5th March 2010, 09:25 PM
all seems good except for my smileys

they are coming up as text instead of emoticons

ie : ) not a little pic
and on the iphone they come up as little ? marks in a blue square

mike
5th March 2010, 09:36 PM

mike
5th March 2010, 09:37 PM
Swear filter works.

Grunt
5th March 2010, 09:42 PM
Dont seem to have issues with firefox here. Same version as you too

Dotty
5th March 2010, 09:46 PM
Smilies piss me off.
So you have something in common with Robert Allenby.

Congrats on the smooth implementation of the new look Ozgolf .
Although, I may have to get a bigger screen to read the small font.

Hawkers2008
5th March 2010, 09:50 PM
Its a nice new look well done!

AndyP
5th March 2010, 09:50 PM
Smilies should be fixed, sooks.

MegaWatty
5th March 2010, 09:51 PM
:)

Dotty
5th March 2010, 09:51 PM
Just seeing if it looks any better, by posting above the quote.

ps. The report button works also.

MegaWatty
5th March 2010, 09:52 PM
What's the little page icon at the start of each post (right above that smiley).

AndyP
5th March 2010, 09:57 PM
What's the little page icon at the start of each post (right above that smiley).Another spot for a stupid smilie.

goughy
5th March 2010, 10:13 PM
all seems good except for my smileys

they are coming up as text instead of emoticons

ie : ) not a little pic
and on the iphone they come up as little ? marks in a blue square

Rob hasn't had a chance to look at them yet, but she thinks that the smileys may now be in the wrong folder or something. She's gonna check it out, but probably not tonite.

goughy
5th March 2010, 10:16 PM
Again, I need to finish reading posts before commenting!!

goughy
5th March 2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6qIhkuzTx0

Thought I'd give this a go!! You use the little insert video button (looks like a film negative) but in this case you post the whole youtube link in it, you don't type text in it and then insert the end of the link later. Seems mucho easier!

Of course this should be in forum tips and tricks of something!

My coach who says I don't kick properly when I swim (not a big deal for a triathlete) wanted me to look at his 2 beat kick and learn from it!

Courty
5th March 2010, 10:47 PM
Dunno what you clowns are on about... the old forum software allowed for RSS feeds (I had one for Pro Shop threads ;)).

By the way, good work Clikchic!

mike
5th March 2010, 10:50 PM
You use the little insert video button (looks like a film negative) but in this case you post the whole youtube link in it, you don't type text in it and then insert the end of the link later. Seems mucho easier!

ffs. I only just learnt how to do it the hard way, now you've made it easy.

Booo.

AndyP
6th March 2010, 04:07 PM
Search index and other database related stuff is being rebuilt as I post.

qbnchopper
6th March 2010, 04:16 PM
You mean the upgrade actually works and we didn't lose PMs and didn't use RubyOnRails and most of the clientele is happy .... wow it can be done !!!

Thanks everyone good effort !

AndyP
6th March 2010, 06:21 PM
Search index and other database related stuff is being rebuilt as I post.It's still going. I think it's struggling with the amount of dribble it has to go through.

AndyP
6th March 2010, 07:13 PM
60 000 posts to go..........

virge666
6th March 2010, 08:47 PM
Quick Q

Can I change the colours . . . is there a "theme" option ?

henno
8th March 2010, 11:31 AM
OK, a few suggestions as one concerned internet citizen.

1. All original links no longer work. This includes the entire google index.

This is bad. Not just because your google presence is now worthless, but any and all links used in posts no longer work. For example, this:

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123456

is now this:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=123456

The subdirectory "forums" no longer exists. There should be a redirect to forward all original traffic from the old links to the new one. This can be setup using a .htaccess file in about two minutes. The google index should eventually sort itself out, but all of the old links that exist in previous posts will be broken forever unless it's fixed.

This is made even worse by:

2. No 404 pages

Google will take much longer to re-index the site if it isn't told that the link they are accessing no longer works. Currently all non-existant content is shown the "Home" page with a 200/OK header response. This is not good, especially considering the issue above. All of those broken links are now simply returning incorrect content, rather than instructing browser and search engines that the page no longer exists.

3. URL rewriting should be used

This is more of a suggestion than an issue. Vbulletin comes with fancy SEO functionality that changes the URL of threads to something more meaningful (as you have probably already noticed). If you plan to muck with a .htaccess file to solve 1. above, you might as well enable URL rewriting while you're at it. This will make the URLs even prettier and get rid of all of the ?123234&somestuff&othervariable type strings. (That's of course assuming the mod_rewrite is enabled on the host. Which is should be.)

So to summarise, I would say that 1. and 2. above are critical issues, and major web development no-nos that should be fixed for the sake of usability, accessibility and pagerank.

AndyP
8th March 2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks henno. I've forwarded a link of your post to clikchic.

adlo
8th March 2010, 12:26 PM
In addition, Henno's signature looks awful with the new colours.

Do something Andy!

AndyP
8th March 2010, 02:31 PM
So to summarise, I would say that 1. and 2. above are critical issues, and major web development no-nos that should be fixed for the sake of usability, accessibility and pagerank.I believe 1 and 2 have been taken care of by redirecting. Correct?

I might discuss 3 with you via PM.

henno
8th March 2010, 02:33 PM
I believe 1 and 2 have been taken care of by redirecting. Correct?

Looks good to me!

Yossarian
8th March 2010, 02:44 PM
Is the go to last post button playing up for anyone else?

henno
8th March 2010, 02:46 PM
Is the go to last post button playing up for anyone else?

It was, until I realised it was just user error. You should come to the same realisation rather soon.

Yossarian
8th March 2010, 02:53 PM
Is it go to last unread post? Even then it seems to be throwing me to random spots in some threads.

markTHEblake
8th March 2010, 08:54 PM
Any chance of the "Ignore Threads" feature being returned soon?

I like this function, otherwise I am finding the New Posts function 'cluttered' with large numbers of threads that I have forgotten that I wasn't interested in.

AndyP
8th March 2010, 09:59 PM
The modification doesn't appear to be created for vBulletin 4.0 yet, Blakey.

3oneday
8th March 2010, 10:03 PM
When you reply you can see the Bold, Italic etc symbols, but when you edit and even go advanced, they are not available. Is this how it should be ? Seems weird to have them in one spot and not the edit ?

AndyP
8th March 2010, 10:20 PM
When you reply you can see the Bold, Italic etc symbols, but when you edit and even go advanced, they are not available. Is this how it should be ? Seems weird to have them in one spot and not the edit ?
When was the last time you edited a post, before you saw this "issue", 3? It's in your settings, so it would have been the same before.

Go to your settings: http://www.ozgolf.net/profile.php?do=editoptions
And change your Message Editor Interface to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"

3oneday
9th March 2010, 06:28 AM
When was the last time you edited a post, before you saw this "issue", 3? It's in your settings, so it would have been the same before.
Actually before, I've never seen the B and the I before this release ;), I assumed this was something new :)

AndyP
9th March 2010, 06:41 AM
The toolbar may very well be new to the quick reply and quick edit. I can't recall.

pom
9th March 2010, 08:29 PM
Damn! I was just getting used to the old system. ( Bit Slow, :-) ) Now I have to learn a new one. Getting too old for this S#@t. Oh well Guess i will get to like it eventually.:smt038:smt038

sms316
16th March 2010, 03:36 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere (but it probably has), will we be going back to having opening posts stuck at the top of each page in a thread in the forums where this was the case previously?

AndyP
16th March 2010, 03:59 PM
I hope so, but it isn't part of the standard forum. I haven't searched really hard, but that mod hasn't been created yet, so it's out of my control.

shazza_rs
16th March 2010, 07:10 PM
Are the timestamps out for everyone else???

henno
16th March 2010, 07:17 PM
Nope.

shazza_rs
16th March 2010, 07:19 PM
All good.. don't mind me... I had my settings set to Perth time apparently :)

goughy
16th March 2010, 07:52 PM
Always thought you were a bit backwards Shazz, now you prove it!

shazza_rs
16th March 2010, 08:01 PM
Hey. I moved away from Toowoomba :)

AndyP
8th April 2010, 10:51 PM
OK, a few suggestions as one concerned internet citizen.

1. All original links no longer work. This includes the entire google index.

This is bad. Not just because your google presence is now worthless, but any and all links used in posts no longer work. For example, this:

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123456

is now this:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=123456

The subdirectory "forums" no longer exists. There should be a redirect to forward all original traffic from the old links to the new one. This can be setup using a .htaccess file in about two minutes. The google index should eventually sort itself out, but all of the old links that exist in previous posts will be broken forever unless it's fixed.

This is made even worse by:

2. No 404 pages

Google will take much longer to re-index the site if it isn't told that the link they are accessing no longer works. Currently all non-existant content is shown the "Home" page with a 200/OK header response. This is not good, especially considering the issue above. All of those broken links are now simply returning incorrect content, rather than instructing browser and search engines that the page no longer exists.

3. URL rewriting should be used

This is more of a suggestion than an issue. Vbulletin comes with fancy SEO functionality that changes the URL of threads to something more meaningful (as you have probably already noticed). If you plan to muck with a .htaccess file to solve 1. above, you might as well enable URL rewriting while you're at it. This will make the URLs even prettier and get rid of all of the ?123234&somestuff&othervariable type strings. (That's of course assuming the mod_rewrite is enabled on the host. Which is should be.)

So to summarise, I would say that 1. and 2. above are critical issues, and major web development no-nos that should be fixed for the sake of usability, accessibility and pagerank.
Henno, can you do a check on this stuff please? I've changed back to the 'Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs' and changed the .htaccess file, which includes our redirects from the old addresses. I've had a bit of a look around, and it seems to be fine. However, I'm tired and would appreciate someone else having a look.

Ignore the '...' issue. I haven't got onto that yet.

AndyP
8th April 2010, 11:04 PM
Don't worry about it. I reverted, because it didn't bloody work.

AndyP
9th April 2010, 09:18 PM
Upgraded to Version 4.0.3. Apparently it fixed a heap of bugs, but they were too numerous for me to look through them all.

Courty
9th April 2010, 09:28 PM
Nice work, AP.

AndyP
11th April 2010, 01:52 PM
The "First Post on All Pages" mod is back. This has been enabled for the 1st Tee and WITB forums.

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 03:47 PM
The "First Post on All Pages" mod is back. This has been enabled for the 1st Tee and WITB forums.
Sweet stuff.

When's it going to look pretty again?

AndyP
11th April 2010, 03:52 PM
When's it going to look pretty again?The colour changes, etc?

Courty has been looking into a few colour schemes and will need to play around to see what works and what doesn't.

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 03:57 PM
The colour changes, etc?

Courty has been looking into a few colour schemes and will need to play around to see what works and what doesn't.
And the banners. Coming across to OzGolf, it always struck me how good it looked with the banners of guys that play together, have some fun, allow Choppa's to win and occasionally play the 13th at Brookwater.

AndyP
11th April 2010, 04:01 PM
I installed something to do the banners yesterday, but I couldn't get it to work. I'll try again soon.

AndyP
11th April 2010, 06:02 PM
Do you hate having to scroll to the top of the page to find the new posts link after reading a thread? Or do you just click the browser's back button after reading, then have to remember what you have read and what you haven't?

I see a few nodding heads.

Well you can stop tearing your hair out about it now, as a new mod has taken away this problem. :)
At the bottom of every thread there is now a link to the new posts page. Joy!

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3975/newpostsoy0.jpg
This.

An updated official modification hasn't come through for it for this version of the forum software, so I investigated and manually hacked it.

Ned
14th April 2010, 05:23 PM
Andy, how does anyone now do the Forum donation thing ?

AndyP
14th April 2010, 08:08 PM
I was asked the same thing by another member today. We can either get the buttons back up or the paid subcription section can be used: http://www.ozgolf.net/payments.php

henno
14th April 2010, 08:18 PM
The buttons sucked. Just knock up a quick page and link to it somewhere under "Donations".

Eag's
15th April 2010, 01:14 PM
Anyone else having problems with the "Top" button at the end of each page, it no longer bounces you to the top of the page?

AndyP
15th April 2010, 01:15 PM
Anyone else having problems with the "Top" button at the end of each page, it no longer bounces you to the top of the page?It's not working for me either, but that is the first time I have ever used it. Why would you need it? What's at the top of the page that's so exciting?

Eag's
15th April 2010, 01:22 PM
No biggie really, but it saves me from having to scroll up the page.

AndyP
15th April 2010, 01:33 PM
But why do you scroll up the page?

A bug report exists on the vBulletin page for it, and I've posted in it.

Eag's
15th April 2010, 01:40 PM
Because the "new posts" button was not at the bottom of the page for me last time I logged in. I now see since your last update it is now there so problem solved.

AndyP
15th April 2010, 01:58 PM
That's what I was leading to. I'm glad that's all you wanted it for.

I'll still follow up the Top Button issue, but it is a pretty low priority.

just
15th April 2010, 02:32 PM
Top button works for me (never tried it before!).

Grunt
15th April 2010, 02:55 PM
Does not seem to work using firefox.

just
15th April 2010, 03:00 PM
I'm using Opera.

Yossarian
15th April 2010, 05:35 PM
Works for me using IE8

henno
15th April 2010, 05:37 PM
Just hit the "Home" button on your keyboard you lazy mofos. :razz:

Yossarian
15th April 2010, 05:39 PM
I'd like to bang Oprah.

:shock:

Ned
25th June 2010, 05:10 AM
Courty been playing with the frame fonts and characters again ?

Courty
25th June 2010, 05:15 AM
Nope.

Ned
25th June 2010, 05:21 AM
:-k

MegaWatty
25th June 2010, 07:59 AM
There is an issue with the banner on the Lights On site.

virge666
25th June 2010, 08:15 AM
Any chance of changing the "For Sale" colour to a blue, so those of us who have the white background can see it... ?

A light blue would be nice...

MegaWatty
25th June 2010, 08:20 AM
Any chance of changing the "For Sale" colour to a blue, so those of us who have the white background can see it... ?

A light blue would be nice...

+1

AndyP
25th June 2010, 08:57 AM
There is an issue with the banner on the Lights On site.More info please.

A light blue would be nice...Hmmmmm, the yellow looks pretty good on the default style.

Check..1..2. Did you get the check?

MegaWatty
25th June 2010, 09:16 AM
The banner doesn't work at all. It's a box with a cross in it.

henno
25th June 2010, 10:10 AM
Let me guess, the Ozgolf Chat link is missing as well?

MegaWatty
25th June 2010, 10:14 AM
Never looked for it.

AndyP
25th June 2010, 10:26 AM
The banner doesn't work at all. It's a box with a cross in it.Pics?

Let me guess, the Ozgolf Chat link is missing as well?That's cheeky.

virge666
25th June 2010, 03:48 PM
More info please.

Hmmmmm, the yellow looks pretty good on the default style.

Check..1..2. Did you get the check?

It does but the white background is better,

how about this blue.

The wet dog walks away from the pond.

AndyP
12th July 2010, 08:17 PM
Any chance of changing the "For Sale" colour to a blue, so those of us who have the white background can see it... Colours changed such that they can be clearly seen on both styles.

There is an issue with the banner on the Lights On site.

The banner doesn't work at all. It's a box with a cross in it.
Still happening? I never got those pics.

kingslayer33
14th July 2010, 01:57 PM
Andy,

is there a reason I get the Forbidden 403 message when trying to get to TNO's WITB - (the second page only)? Other's seem to work fine for me. Happens when I hit the next option as well as Last or Last Post from the WITB sub-forum page.

AndyP
14th July 2010, 02:28 PM
Andy,

is there a reason I get the Forbidden 403 message when trying to get to TNO's WITB - (the second page only)? Other's seem to work fine for me. Happens when I hit the next option as well as Last or Last Post from the WITB sub-forum page.There is a reason. http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/18259-Issue-with-apache-and-quot-dots-quot-in-new-URL-structure

I removed the dots from the title, so it should be fine now.

kingslayer33
14th July 2010, 02:32 PM
Cheers Andy.

All Henno's issue finds go way above this little duck's technical skills

AndyP
24th July 2010, 06:02 PM
A minor forum upgrade has been done to take us from version 4.0.3 to 4.0.5. It doesn't look like there are any major issues, but if you come across anything, let me know.

MegaWatty
24th July 2010, 06:08 PM
Pic of broken link for top banner in Lights On...

KristianJ
24th July 2010, 06:16 PM
Broken links in Quick Reply box, plus some other problems as shown in following screenshot:

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6844/scr30900083094441.jpg (http://img844.imageshack.us/i/scr29529092962170.jpg/)

3oneday
24th July 2010, 06:58 PM
Ignore thread doesn't work.

;)

AndyP
25th July 2010, 07:15 AM
Ignore thread doesn't work.It does, but only in our default 'Lights Off' style.

;)

I'll have a look into the other issues.

Baudwalker
25th July 2010, 08:37 AM
What changed to have the graphics all disappear ... I suppose I have to chnage my browser settings to suit the Ozgolf set up now do i?????????????????

AndyP
25th July 2010, 06:10 PM
Why so many question marks? Is it okay now?

virge666
25th July 2010, 06:19 PM
How do i get more threads on a page ?

like 30 or 40 instead of the 20 ?

AndyP
25th July 2010, 07:08 PM
You can change posts per page, but I don't think you can change threads per page.

markTHEblake
25th July 2010, 07:34 PM
It does, but only in our default 'Lights Off' style.

I turned the lights off, cant find the Ignore thread function?

AndyP
25th July 2010, 07:45 PM
It's under Settings > Thread Settings > Custom Profile

sms316
25th July 2010, 07:48 PM
Smilies are unsighted. Critically important issue.

markTHEblake
25th July 2010, 08:00 PM
It's under Settings > Thread Settings > Custom Profile

sorry, I see no section called "Thread Settings" under settings (top menu)

Why do i get the feeling you are stirring me here....

Courty
25th July 2010, 08:03 PM
Smilies are unsighted. Critically important issue.

8)

AndyP
25th July 2010, 08:03 PM
Have you tried Opera browser?

Baudwalker
26th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Why so many question marks? Is it okay now?

Just old habits that won't die

YEP..tar fank U vewy muchree .... works better than a bought one

just
26th July 2010, 04:29 PM
Andy
How do I get the Ozgolf signature thingies?

AndyP
26th July 2010, 04:32 PM
Andy
How do I get the Ozgolf signature thingies?The merit bars? Send Courty a PM to obtain the request form, fill it in using Pages in no more than 12 point font and forward it back to him. He's very particular about these things.

just
26th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Times New Roman or Arial?

Courty
27th July 2010, 05:07 AM
Times New Roman or Arial?

Comic Sans. ;)

Yossarian
27th July 2010, 06:51 PM
I like the thin white line.

Rusty
30th July 2010, 08:57 AM
my 2c - after giving the Lights Off a decent run, i'm preferring the Lights On. i'm guessing it's that way for me because most other things that i look at have a light background. just my 2c.

AndyP
30th July 2010, 10:20 AM
I might delete some more functionality from 'Lights On', and see what you guys think then.

Courty
30th July 2010, 11:18 AM
I might delete some more functionality from 'Lights On', and see what you guys think then.

Won't worry me, as I don't use it.

AndyP
30th July 2010, 11:23 AM
It's supplied for those that can't sleep without a night light.

mike
1st August 2010, 08:00 PM
You can't see the 'report post' button with the lights off.

This is such a big issue I nearly started a thread about it.

Courty
1st August 2010, 08:10 PM
You can't see the 'report post' button with the lights off.

This post has been reported. 8)

mike
1st August 2010, 08:16 PM
You must have lights on.

Courty
1st August 2010, 08:19 PM
You must have lights on.

No, I don't. Try holding down Shift & pressing Ctrl + R (force reload page) and see if that fixes it.

mike
1st August 2010, 08:24 PM
Meh. Not that interested. I've only ever reported one post and I think it was one of yours.

Courty
1st August 2010, 08:26 PM
Meh. Not that interested.

So why bother in the first place?

I've only ever reported one post and I think it was one of yours.

Now that I'm a mod I've become aware of this. :smt108

mike
1st August 2010, 08:36 PM
So why bother in the first place?It was nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek observation.

Now that I'm a mod I've become aware of this. :smt108I tried to have you banned. Sorry.

AndyP
1st August 2010, 08:38 PM

Meh. Not that interested.What a nice way to get all moderators offside.

mike
1st August 2010, 08:40 PM
fkn hell, it was a joke.

Courty
1st August 2010, 08:40 PM
I must have missed the smilie. ;)

mike
1st August 2010, 08:41 PM
I don't use smilies. Perhaps I should start.

AndyP
1st August 2010, 09:08 PM
fkn hell, it was a joke.Too late. I've been saving a special modification (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231106) just for pricks like you.

mike
1st August 2010, 09:21 PM
Charming. Thanks.

Courty
2nd August 2010, 05:03 AM
:lol:

Rusty
5th August 2010, 10:10 AM
as long as that doesn't include "Ignore" i think we'll be fine. 8-)

mike
5th August 2010, 07:28 PM
The ignore function is broken.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/ignaw.jpg

Courty
5th August 2010, 07:29 PM
AndyP, I think Mike may have posted something but I'm not sure as I have him on ignore. Can you confirm?

mike
5th August 2010, 07:31 PM
Can someone PM me and tell me what courty just said please.

mike
5th August 2010, 07:35 PM
That was dumb of me. I can't put courty on ignore either.

Courty
5th August 2010, 07:38 PM
:lol:

MegaWatty
5th August 2010, 07:38 PM
Funny Guy!

mike
5th August 2010, 07:40 PM
Wow. I just tried lights on. Too bright. How do you guys look at that?

AndyP
5th August 2010, 11:36 PM
The ignore function is broken.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/ignaw.jpgRecycling other people's posts now. Good for you.

Jarro
6th August 2010, 04:46 AM
Recycling other people's posts now. Good for you.

Surely that must be a ban-worthy act ?

mike
6th August 2010, 06:12 AM
Recycling other people's posts now. Good for you.Oh. That's been done before? I should have checked the other 508 000 posts first. Sorry.

Sydney Hacker
6th August 2010, 07:34 AM
Oh. That's been done before? I should have checked the other 508 000 posts first. Sorry.

But that would of only been checking Jarro & Yoss' posts wouldn't it ?

Ned
28th August 2010, 08:19 PM
The following is an a screen capture resulting from sending a PM.

Have also experienced the "New Post" button not working and having to "F5" instead.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_vW-f8QS75wg/THjwO6oOFqI/AAAAAAAABTA/Gk4fWF1KAnk/s800/OZgolf%20error.jpg

AndyP
29th August 2010, 08:27 AM
Yep, I've seen something similar before and get it using IE at work quite often.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/18543-Security-Token-Error

AndyP
27th November 2010, 06:58 PM
Upgrade done, but there are still some images uploading.

Let me know of any irregularities on the forum besides Solarman.

AndyP
27th November 2010, 08:22 PM
There does appear to be some issues. :(

just
27th November 2010, 08:39 PM
Delete the whole forum and start again?

AndyP
27th November 2010, 08:50 PM
There does appear to be some issues. :(
Yep, it's stuffed.

AndyP
27th November 2010, 08:50 PM
Yep, it's stuffed.

mike
27th November 2010, 09:21 PM
1) What were the upgrades?
2) What's wrong with it now? It looks the same except the bottom of the page is 'lights on'.
3) Why upgrade? What was wrong with it before?

Yossarian
27th November 2010, 09:22 PM
Something has indeed gone awry

mike
27th November 2010, 09:29 PM
ok yep things aren't right.

Just fix it.

Grunt
28th November 2010, 06:32 AM
What is wrong it looks ok to me.

Jarro
28th November 2010, 07:47 AM
This wouldn't happen on ISG

goughy
28th November 2010, 08:22 AM
I bet we still have pm's though!

AndyP
28th November 2010, 08:46 AM
This wouldn't happen on ISG
No, it wouldn't. They'd go down for a whole day without any communication to the members.

Eag's
9th December 2010, 08:57 PM
Has anyone else had trouble loading Oz Golf the last 24 hours?
I could not get the site to load from either browser?

AndyP
9th December 2010, 09:23 PM
Not me.

Eldrick
9th December 2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah,had a issue at work today
Both firefox and IE reporting some cookie error
Productivity increased noticeably

The almighty Tapatalk didn't have a problem thou

Courty
9th December 2010, 09:32 PM
Tomson told me this arve that he also had an error message about cookie's.

AndyP
9th December 2010, 09:37 PM
Yoss and SMS commented on it within the facebook group too. No loss if they don't post....

Dotty
9th December 2010, 09:37 PM
Isn't Cookie one of Haysey's employees ?

Grunt
9th December 2010, 10:22 PM
Google Chrome working just fine

Eag's
9th December 2010, 10:51 PM
I just had the same problem again, this time at work.
Gave it a few minutes then all is good?

Eag's
10th December 2010, 04:07 AM
This is the error that pops up.
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/clikchic/public_html/ozgolf/index.php
Line: 1

KristianJ
10th December 2010, 05:22 AM
Yeah,had a issue at work today
Both firefox and IE reporting some cookie error
Productivity increased noticeably

The almighty Tapatalk didn't have a problem thou

Ditto on all 4 counts. Seems that if I type in www.ozgolf.net/forum.php though, I'll be able to return to old ways today.

just
10th December 2010, 06:15 AM
Yeah, it's just the front page, if you go to the forum instead of the front page everything works fine.

haysey
10th December 2010, 06:23 AM
Isn't Cookie one of Haysey's employees ?

Yes he is and apparently he wasn't just ****ing shit up at work yesterday.

Ned
10th December 2010, 07:18 AM
Yes he is and apparently he wasn't just ****ing shit up at work yesterday.

Didnt need a fourth for golf yesterday ?:roll:

Ned
9th April 2011, 08:50 PM
What happened to the "Today's Post's" button ?

And in order to get the "New Post's" view you have to log in now ?

Courty
9th April 2011, 09:10 PM
What happened to the "Today's Post's" button ?

And in order to get the "New Post's" view you have to log in now ?

I don't know about the 'Today's Post' button (never even saw it let alone used it), but you've always had to login to use the 'New Posts' button. How else would it know what's been posted since your last visit?

goughy
9th April 2011, 09:22 PM
If you mark the forums read then hit new posts you get the option to see the posts from the last 24 hours.

BrettM
10th April 2011, 05:32 AM
I don't know about the 'Today's Post' button (never even saw it let alone used it), but you've always had to login to use the 'New Posts' button. How else would it know what's been posted since your last visit?

Nope.

You could bring up the site without logging in and select the new posts button which was top left next to FAQ's.

AndyP
10th April 2011, 04:03 PM
Only logged in members get the privilege now.

I'm sure there hasn't been a convenient Today's Post button for a long time.

Ned
11th April 2011, 04:25 AM
Only logged in members get the privilege now.

I'm sure there hasn't been a convenient Today's Post button for a long time.

Up until last week thats what was working when I looked at the Forum.

AndyP
11th April 2011, 06:29 AM
Up until last week thats what was working when I looked at the Forum.
The New Posts button?

Tapatalk is never gonna give you up, Tapatalk is never gonna let you down.

oncewasagolfer
31st December 2011, 11:40 AM
Dunno if this is the right place for this but can anyone help me get the site working on my netbook? Am going away for a few weeks and will be taking the netbook with a wireless broadband stick and might want to check in from time to time. The problem is that I still get the site is under maintenance page and no matter what I try I can't get to the forums.

AndyP
31st December 2011, 01:35 PM
Did you try the suggestion I made when you posted about it before?

oncewasagolfer
31st December 2011, 04:43 PM
Did you try the suggestion I made when you posted about it before? Can't remember was that in this thread?

AndyP
31st December 2011, 05:57 PM
No, this thread hadn't been used since April. The suggestion was to do a DNS flush. I posted a link in a thread in the Suggestion Box area in reply to your issue.

oncewasagolfer
31st December 2011, 06:49 PM
Ok thanks will check it out:)

timah!
4th January 2012, 09:09 AM
WooHoo!

AndyP
4th January 2012, 09:17 AM
Still the wrong thread.

timah!
4th January 2012, 09:22 AM
Get used to it :p

AndyP
3rd October 2013, 01:48 PM
I might do another upgrade tomorrow night. Or I might drink beer and play online poker while watching a grand final replay instead. You never know, but count this as a heads up of sorts.

popper81
3rd October 2013, 01:49 PM
Don't you have pictures to remove from your wall?

AndyP
3rd October 2013, 01:55 PM
Nope. Only a garden gnome to rename.

popper81
3rd October 2013, 02:13 PM
Nope. Only a garden gnome to rename.

Maybe "Wally". Let me know when you get it.

Here is a clue....

sms316
3rd October 2013, 02:14 PM
Nope. Only a garden gnome to rename. "Jarro" was always an odd name anyway.

graham_w
3rd October 2013, 02:16 PM
I might do another upgrade tomorrow night. Or I might drink beer and play online poker while watching a grand final replay instead. You never know, but count this as a heads up of sorts.

An upgrade is a bit of loose language isn't it ? Have you seen the shite vbulletin have put out lately ?

IamViva
3rd October 2013, 06:28 PM
An upgrade is a bit of loose language isn't it ? Have you seen the shite vbulletin have put out lately ?
was that orange and babyshit brown colour one of their upgrades? :roll:

AndyP
4th October 2013, 06:18 AM
I haven't taken much notice of v5. It will only be an upgrade within v4, so there won't be much change.