PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Callaway I-Mix shafts

idgolfguy
4th March 2010, 11:21 PM
Having recently ordered an FTIZ Imix head, I would like to begin experimenting with the various shafts to find one or three that would suit my needs. To start, I'd be interested in any of the X-Flex variety.

My current FT5 has a Fit-on E-360 X-Flex which I have been hitting reasonably well and at a good distance.

MegaWatty
4th March 2010, 11:40 PM
I've got an E360 X without imix adaptor. Interested?

idgolfguy
4th March 2010, 11:43 PM
Yes - maybe find an adaptor from somewhere.

simmsy
4th March 2010, 11:48 PM
it's like a marriage made in heaven.

MegaWatty
4th March 2010, 11:49 PM
And an Axiv Red Stiff...

Lngnokr71
5th March 2010, 12:39 AM
You need to go somewhere that has a launch monitoring system, try to find shafts that provide an 11 or 12 degree launch angle with the lowest spin possible, otherwise just buying them and trying is just wasting $$$$. My shaft/head combination might be perfect for me but totally wrong for you.

simmsy
5th March 2010, 11:14 PM
You need to go somewhere that has a launch monitoring system, try to find shafts that provide an 11 or 12 degree launch angle with the lowest spin possible, otherwise just buying them and trying is just wasting $$$$. My shaft/head combination might be perfect for me but totally wrong for you.

oh, you're just no fun now are you!
you sound like Yossarian's mother.

Don't worry IDG knows what he wants.;)

idgolfguy
5th March 2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the advice Lngnokr71. Simmsy is quite right in my case. While a launch monitor is quite good. The issue I have is being able to try different shafts. I don't have the access to the different shafts to try. I understand that formula and can gauge ball flight and carry etc.

I don't necessarily drive the same way on every hole/every shot. I tend to change tee heights, ball and swing depending on the shot I want to achieve. I am not all that long and don't have a super fast swing. I know that I will hit most drivers the same distance unless the shafts are too soft. Off the tee, a shaft for me has to be versatile enough to punch a ball 150m, carry 230m and be hit off the deck. it also has to be able land soft or run.

I have found, for me anyway, that a stiffer, heavier shaft works rather than a lighter softer one. I can set up a ball on a tee and manufacture a low spin, 10º-14º flight regardless of the type of head and shaft. It is the level of manipulation that I require is why I want to find the right shaft.

The other reason is that I don't mind the odd purchase here and there.

Johnny Canuck
6th March 2010, 12:13 AM
I agree with ID. Launch monitors suck, nothing compares to denial and error.

idgolfguy
6th March 2010, 12:38 AM
More succinct but JC is correct.

Lngnokr71
7th March 2010, 12:55 PM
I agree with ID. Launch monitors suck, nothing compares to denial and error.

I'm just saying that this can get very expensive but the OP seems to know what he wants and if he's got the dough then I say do what you gotta do.

Tex
7th March 2010, 07:53 PM
Yes - maybe find an adaptor from somewhere.

Goodluck I have an Epic waiting for an I-Mix adapter which I can not seem to get with out a shaft attached to it :(

idgolfguy
7th March 2010, 09:01 PM
I'll probably spend around $300 for three shafts all up. I might take the tip off one so that I can't use on a shaft I really want. there are a couple of the tips on Ebay but they are in the US$80 mark.

Cheaper to find a low interest shaft and reuse.

daMANiack
16th March 2010, 06:15 PM
Hi,

I'm just about to place a large order with a very large USA golf retailer for Brand New FT-9 i-Mix heads and i-Mix shafts.

If you let me know what you're after, I can get a price and maybe add to my order.

Guaranteed 100% Authentic and Genuine Callaway i-Mix, direct from Callaway > Retailer > Me.

I'm expecting to sell Brand New Callaway FT-9 Tour and non-tour head in box + NEW or As New i-Mix shaft for around A$280 for non-eBay sales.

I might even see if I can get some BN FT-iZ i-Mix heads, but these will be more expensive.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Having recently ordered an FTIZ Imix head, I would like to begin experimenting with the various shafts to find one or three that would suit my needs. To start, I'd be interested in any of the X-Flex variety.

My current FT5 has a Fit-on E-360 X-Flex which I have been hitting reasonably well and at a good distance.

daMANiack
16th March 2010, 06:17 PM
Hi,

I can see if I can get some cheap i-Mix shafts so you can get the i-Mix connector, about to place order with major USA golf retailer.

Goodluck I have an Epic waiting for an I-Mix adapter which I can not seem to get with out a shaft attached to it :(

idgolfguy
16th March 2010, 06:27 PM
I'd be curious to see the pricing on brand new I-Mix shafts - I would probably choose two.
eg.
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft EPIC Grafalloy 68 S Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Aldila VS Proto By You 60 Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Fujikura ZCom Pro65 Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Graphite Design YS-Q Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Fujikura E360 X-Flex
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH BLUE REGULAR

daMANiack
16th March 2010, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I believe these i-Mix shafts are available, most Brand New, some in original packaging, rest are Near New with no packaging.

Z Com 60 S & R
Z Com Pro 65 S
GD YS-Q 65 S
Grafalloy PL Platinum 65 S
UST ProForce V2 65 S
Aldila DVS 65 S
Aldila NV 65 R
Fubuki

Expect price range to be A$80 to $100 + some shipping to you.

Let me know what you're after, I have to email him later tonight and I can see if available.

This has been offered to me by my Direct Supplier in USA, he needs to sell remainder at his price to make some profits.

I'm also looking at importing some of those 48" fiberglass alignment poles, would be around $9.95.

I'd be curious to see the pricing on brand new I-Mix shafts - I would probably choose two.
eg.
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft EPIC Grafalloy 68 S Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Aldila VS Proto By You 60 Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Fujikura ZCom Pro65 Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Graphite Design YS-Q Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft Fujikura E360 X-Flex
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED Stiff
CALLAWAY I-MIX Driver Shaft GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH BLUE REGULAR

idgolfguy
16th March 2010, 07:59 PM
If each shaft is around $80-$100 mark.
GD YS-Q 65 S (definite)
and
Aldila DVS 65 S
or

If he has an X-Flex I-mix shaft, I'd be interested.

idgolfguy
17th March 2010, 12:00 AM
Sorry, changed my mind about the GD as someone else has offered to sell me his. Still interested in one or two shafts if there is an X flex in there.

daMANiack
17th March 2010, 01:02 AM
Hi,

Were you interested in:

Aldila DVS 65 S
or

or only X-Flex.

If each shaft is around $80-$100 mark.

Aldila DVS 65 S
or

If he has an X-Flex I-mix shaft, I'd be interested.

idgolfguy
17th March 2010, 01:32 AM
Sorry should have been more specific:
An X-Flex shaft (please let me know which one)

and

Aldila DVS 65 S
or

Two shafts if X-flex is available and one of the above. Otherwise, either the DVS or Platinum only.

adlo
17th March 2010, 03:28 AM
You still want the Fubuki?

idgolfguy
17th March 2010, 08:19 AM
You still want the Fubuki?
Yes, will pay you at the champs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex
17th March 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi,

I can see if I can get some cheap i-Mix shafts so you can get the i-Mix connector, about to place order with major USA golf retailer.

Yes indeed, if you get a cheap shaft or can order just the adapter I will take one.

daMANiack
23rd March 2010, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I'm just finalising my FT-9 and i-Mix order from a major golfing retailer in USA.

I believe I'll be bringing in:

Brand New in packaging, 100% guarantee authentic and genuine:
FT-9 i-Mix heads:
(2) 9* N
(3) 9.5* N
(8 ) 10* N
(2) 10* D

I-Mix shafts: (some i-Mix shafts in originial packaging, all BRAND NEW or AS NEW):
(3) VS Proto Stiff
(2) DVS Stiff
(3) ZCom 60 Reg
(7) Fubuki 60 Reg
(3) NV 65 Reg
(2) ZCom Pro 65 S
(2) Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum 65 S
(2) UST ProForce V2 65 S

I'm a reseller so my intention is to sell BN FT-9 i-Mix heads with shafts, plus have a couple spare.

Shipping is a killer as I want to bring in product with original packaging, better resale but shipping is almost double.

idgolfguy
24th March 2010, 08:27 PM
Let me know your pricing so I can make a committment.

daMANiack
24th March 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi,

Final prices depend on $US > A$ conversion at time of paying and shipping from USA, it's quite expensive seeing I'm getting the FT-9 i-Mix heads and i-Mix shafts in original packaging.

I expect prices to be around:
A$279.50 = Brand New FT-9 + i-Mix shaft
A$99.50 -= i=Mix shaft (most BN in packaging, some AS NEW in no packaging)

+ shipping to your postcode.

idgolfguy
24th March 2010, 08:55 PM
Put me down for either VS proto stiff or Graffaloy plat stiff which ever is newer delivered to Wa.

daMANiack
1st April 2010, 11:21 PM
Hi,

Brand New FT-9 i-Mix heads in box with h/cover, wrench and instructions + i-Mix shafts should be arriving Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Once they've arrived, I know final pricing, but should be similar to what I mentioned in the post above.

The i-Mix shafts are brand new but were taken out of packaging for shipping reasons.

Put me down for either VS proto stiff or Graffaloy plat stiff which ever is newer delivered to Wa.

idgolfguy
2nd April 2010, 02:04 AM
That's fine. Let me know which is available.