PDA

View Full Version : Lemon. The dud purchase or round.

Ferrins
3rd March 2010, 04:10 PM
Have you had high expections for a golfing item or a round of golf that worked out way below par.

Ferrins
3rd March 2010, 04:12 PM
I think that is a poorly constructed sentence.

kpac
3rd March 2010, 04:39 PM
hmmm - not really 'high expectations' as such seeing it only cost me a box of tubes.

But i snapped up a f'way wood off hen-69'r (Sonartec) for nix, and it's rubbish! So probably a fair deal. But now im stuck with the bloody thing!

annoying

sms316
3rd March 2010, 04:42 PM
Seeing it only lasted 18 months, I don't think I got great value out of my first marriage.

tg01
3rd March 2010, 04:44 PM
You have had more than 1 person **** you? Whitout cash?

sms316
3rd March 2010, 04:46 PM
You have had more than 1 person **** you? Whitout cash?
At least 3, if I include your mother.

BrisVegas
3rd March 2010, 04:48 PM
Every pair of Nike golf shoes I've ever bought have been lemons. Shame on me for giving them a second chance.

tg01
3rd March 2010, 04:48 PM
Did you count your own mother?

sms316
3rd March 2010, 04:53 PM
Did you count your own mother?
No. Didn't count your sister either.

grandmasterb
3rd March 2010, 05:06 PM
My last race car, purchased from a bloke in Queensland that went to great lengths to cover things up in the pictures that he sent me.

Long story short when it finally arrived it was the biggest rusty POS i've seen in a long time and wasn't worth what it cost to freight it here let alone the purchase price!!!

Other than that i've never really been disappointed with a round given that no one holds a gun to my head to play golf and it sure as hell beats staying at home working.

kpac
3rd March 2010, 05:11 PM
oh and i once payed $50 to play lakelands, and even before it left my hands i knew i'd been had :(

Jarro
3rd March 2010, 06:08 PM
Taylormade '09 Burner Driver

What a piece of crap :p

rodders
3rd March 2010, 06:08 PM
Every pair of Nike golf shoes I've ever bought have been lemons. Shame on me for giving them a second chance.

Couldn't agree more = except I only got one pair, lasted 2 months and chucked in the bin.

virge666
3rd March 2010, 06:40 PM
$600 to play Gleneagles in Scotland.

Kings course..

Webster
3rd March 2010, 07:04 PM
Seeing it only lasted 18 months, I don't think I got great value out of my first marriage.

Any shower pics of the missus you can share with the gang?

azza13b
3rd March 2010, 07:11 PM
Was just reading the forums and found this thread, I had to register to share my experience!

I took my brand new Taylormade Burners to the driving range over the weekend, lined up a couple with the 4i and was stoked with the results!

On my 4th tee shot, the result was the photo below

http://abj.net.au/tm/IMG_0047.JPG

TheTrueReview
3rd March 2010, 07:14 PM
At least 3, if I include your mother.

Touche :lol:

Jarro
3rd March 2010, 07:18 PM
Was just reading the forums and found this thread, I had to register to share my experience!

I took my brand new Taylormade Burners to the driving range over the weekend, lined up a couple with the 4i and was stoked with the results!

The face of that 4 iron looks like it's been hit more than 4 times :-k

sumo
3rd March 2010, 08:17 PM

I could say the same about Adidas shoes. Have bought 2 pairs in the last 18 months and both pairs have had the soles come apart from the shoes. Bought some really good industrial glue and put them back together but won't be buying Adidas shoes again.

ParMaster
3rd March 2010, 08:21 PM
My ping G10 driver.

**** that ****ing dickhead ****er!

henno
3rd March 2010, 08:21 PM
Northlakes. Shithouse.

Eldrick
3rd March 2010, 08:40 PM
I could say the same about Adidas shoes. Have bought 2 pairs in the last 18 months and both pairs have had the soles come apart from the shoes. Bought some really good industrial glue and put them back together but won't be buying Adidas shoes again.

mine blew out last week
has the glue worked?

but to be fair mine are the cheaper model and had light use for 4ish years

Yossarian
3rd March 2010, 09:14 PM
Nike glove I bought and got about a round out of. What a piece of shit.

Bushka
3rd March 2010, 09:33 PM
I was so keen to play golf when we were on holiday over christmas, I went to "Royal" Malta (only course on the island) and paid out the nose to hire a ladies set of clubs (i'm 6'5) and play in sideways rain, sleet and howling wind at about 5 Degrees above freezing.

Made it through nine holes alone.

I'd rather eat my own legs than play there again.

TheNuclearOne
3rd March 2010, 09:36 PM
Taylormade '09 Burner Driver

What a piece of crap :p

Was it the TP? If not, try a 2009 TP at 45 long. Shockingly good.

TheNuclearOne
3rd March 2010, 09:37 PM
R7 460cc TP (long time ago) for me. Talk about a freaking spin machine. Went no-where for me.

sumo
3rd March 2010, 09:38 PM
mine blew out last week
has the glue worked?

but to be fair mine are the cheaper model and had light use for 4ish years

Yes the glue works as the first pair of shoes are about 18 months old and still going, but don't use them much now, the second pair are about 9 months old and have only just come apart and glued , so hopefully should get a few more months out of them. Yes they were only about $90 a pair but I was hoping that they last a bit more than 9 months with normal use before falling apart.

Eldrick
3rd March 2010, 09:43 PM
Yes the glue works as the first pair of shoes are about 18 months old and still going, but don't use them much now, the second pair are about 9 months old and have only just come apart and glued , so hopefully should get a few more months out of them. Yes they were only about $90 a pair but I was hoping that they last a bit more than 9 months with normal use before falling apart.

what glue?

OZgolf Mod
3rd March 2010, 09:59 PM

Post approved.

henno
3rd March 2010, 10:09 PM
85 gram steel shafts will do that, I suppose.

grandmasterb
3rd March 2010, 10:42 PM

I take it your disappointed about catching them out of the toe???

:smt077

My ping G10 driver.

**** that ****ing dickhead ****er!

Daddy issues???

sumo
4th March 2010, 06:20 AM
what glue?

It's a 2 part glue I bought from Bunnings , used the last of it and threw the tubes out a couple of weeks ago. Will be buying some more and will post the name of it.

Iain
4th March 2010, 06:41 AM
Northlakes. Shithouse.

+1000...

rodders
4th March 2010, 07:12 AM
It's a 2 part glue I bought from Bunnings , used the last of it and threw the tubes out a couple of weeks ago. Will be buying some more and will post the name of it.

Araldite - comes in two tubes and you mix together before applying. Whatever you do, do not get it on your skin!

3oneday
4th March 2010, 07:28 AM
Last weeks driver.
the week before thats driver
the week before the week before thats driver
the week before the week before the week befores driver

etc etc

Tongueboy
4th March 2010, 07:37 AM
bought some Wilson balls yonks ago and man they were crapola! they go all over the place like an errant UFO

///M Power
4th March 2010, 10:18 AM
Bought some Maxfli Supermax balls cheap, I think it was $25 for 30 balls. They scuff up so badly, after 18 holes most of the paint and gloss had worn off and it felt like my ball wasn't going as far as it used to. Get what you pay for.

IanO
4th March 2010, 12:19 PM
Last weeks driver.
the week before thats driver
the week before the week before thats driver
the week before the week before the week befores driver

etc etc

:-k Seems like a pattern that I have seen before ... ahhhh that's right! I have exactly the same problem :mrgreen: