PDA

View Full Version : Qld: New website - 'The Tour Fore Golfers'

golfnugget76
2nd March 2010, 05:08 PM
It has taken a while but I have finally been able to update 'The Tour' website. I have even added Ozgolf to the links page, so hopefully more golfers can enjoy this great forum.

take a look www.thetour.com.au (http://www.thetour.com.au)

I would be very interested to get some feedback. I am looking to improve the site and make it user friendly. The software I am using to create the site is very easy to use but basic.

Jarro
2nd March 2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks Dave 8)

I'll check it out and give you some feedback A.S.A.P.

AndyP
2nd March 2010, 06:33 PM
I'm especially interested in your feedback of the kerning, jarro.

Jarro
2nd March 2010, 06:45 PM
That'll be between Dave and myself thankyou very much [-(

golfnugget76
2nd March 2010, 07:28 PM
excuse my ignorance - kerning??????

Tex
2nd March 2010, 08:19 PM
kerning—less commonly, mortising — is the process of adjusting letter spacing in a proportional font.

leighthebee
2nd March 2010, 08:58 PM
Nice Dave, loads nicely on my "slow-arse wireless at the other end of the house netbook"

A suggestion would be to have the schedule on the page rather than as a download.

Despite having the business card schedule and your reminders, I'll still end up downloading that .pdf a dozen times throughout the year.

I realise you prob. do it so as to make schedule changes on the fly, but my personal preference is to see it there.

AndyP
2nd March 2010, 09:10 PM
I thought the same thing, ltb. It's the only area I went to.

Eag's
2nd March 2010, 09:38 PM
The site is looking good Dave. :)

golfnugget76
2nd March 2010, 09:41 PM
thanks guys, I totally agree that the schedule would be better if displayed on screen but the software I am using won't allow me to create a table.

I have tried to dave the document as a picture file (jpeg, png) but it comes out blurry and unreadable??? very frustrating.