PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Southern Sunday the 14th - arvo

chappy1970
2nd March 2010, 02:37 PM
Posting to garner interest and hoping that JD can make the match, if we have good interest perhaps Dennis can also book a group and we can have a few players

1. Chappy
2. JD_Frank (pending his availability)

shu
2nd March 2010, 04:04 PM
I'm down for this if ozdevil would like to play our match there.

JohnLLL
2nd March 2010, 04:42 PM
I might be able to make it..all depends if I have to work at my works warehouse sale. Ill let you know mate.

mint
2nd March 2010, 04:51 PM
I am down for it if oncewasagolfer would like to play our match play there too ?

Dennis
2nd March 2010, 06:21 PM
i could possibly host a group if required.

Am I up for another Vic MP round yet?

ozdevil
2nd March 2010, 07:52 PM
count me in for southern golf course me and shu can play our match play off

1. Chappy
3. ozdevil

oncewasagolfer
2nd March 2010, 08:07 PM
1. Chappy
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer

myself and mint can play our match as well if he is still keen.

rodders
2nd March 2010, 08:13 PM
Cheers Chappy for the invite. I cannot make it that day but looks like you generated heaps of interest. Sure you guys will have a great day.

chappy1970
3rd March 2010, 09:32 AM
OK people, I have secured 2 groups from midday.

Fill your boots

Grp 1
1. Chappy
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer

Grp 2

Chappy

shu
3rd March 2010, 09:56 AM
Grp 2
1. shu

I think me and ozdevil needs to be in the same group for the Vic matchplay :)

mint
3rd March 2010, 10:03 AM
Grp 2
1. shu

I think me and ozdevil needs to be in the same group for the Vic matchplay :)

yeah i am in chappy. me and oncewas will play our matchplay that day too

chappy1970
3rd March 2010, 10:12 AM
Great let's keep it rolling, don't worry about what group you're in we can work that out on the day.

If the demand is there I could possibly ask for an addition group.

1. Chappy
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer
5. Shu
6. Mint

If things work out we could get 3 matches played on this day

FearsomeKoala
3rd March 2010, 10:56 AM
1. Chappy
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer
5. Shu
6. Mint
7. FearsomeKoala

I'll throw my name into the mix, since I'm always up for a hit.

ozdevil
3rd March 2010, 05:32 PM
Sounds like we are off to flyer of a start with 7 people already playing and 2 match plays happening on the day

can't wait even though shu will wallop my backside but i am going to have fun getting beaten lmao

cheers
OZ

chappy1970
3rd March 2010, 08:43 PM
1. Chappy
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer
5. Shu
6. Mint
7. FearsomeKoala

JD can't make it so we are back to 6

shu
3rd March 2010, 10:12 PM
Sounds like we are off to flyer of a start with 7 people already playing and 2 match plays happening on the day

can't wait even though shu will wallop my backside but i am going to have fun getting beaten lmao

cheers
OZ

Not too sure about that Oz..I haven't been playing my handicap as of late.. :(

ozdevil
3rd March 2010, 10:29 PM
Not too sure about that Oz..I haven't been playing my handicap as of late.. :(

mate either have i so it is going to be a challenge specially on foreign ground to me

but put it this way i will lose graciously

Flowergirl
4th March 2010, 01:06 PM
Sorry - no good for Johnny Boy and I. Have fun.:mrgreen:

ozdevil
6th March 2010, 09:58 AM
What time in the afternoon are we playing at southern?

chappy1970
6th March 2010, 11:39 AM
From Midday, 2 groups

ozdevil
6th March 2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks chappy will get there early as i am looking forward to this day... i was delivery soom goodies to southern golf coarse and had a bit of a squizzy as some of the holes and they look good

fatbastard
8th March 2010, 04:27 PM
Any spots for next Sunday available Chappy?? And what's the cost?

chappy1970
9th March 2010, 09:14 AM
Yes FB I think there are and the cost should be about $50.

I added your name to the list

chappy1970
9th March 2010, 09:20 AM
1. Chappy
2. fatbastard
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer
5. Shu
6. Mint
7. FearsomeKoala

One spot available

fatbastard
9th March 2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks Chappy. Cleared it with she who. Will be there.

chappy1970
10th March 2010, 12:28 PM
1 more spot available, any takers

ozdevil
10th March 2010, 08:09 PM
being a midday tee off what time is everyone going to be getting to southern to meet up?

Guys on Sunday you will have to forgive me, I have to keep my mobile phone on me and it may ring and unfortunately i will have to answer it..

the reason is : As i work in the transport industry and do multi drop and could be sent to few different places with in the company my starting times dont get organised till the day before...

so for a monday start time i get a call on a sunday, I am hoping i get the call after we have finished playing as i do not want to disturb or show poor form by having a mobile phone...

so i apologise to everyone now for it just on the off chance my phone rings while 1 of you are taking a tee shot or a putt for eagle chance

cheers
OZ

fatbastard
10th March 2010, 10:19 PM
I am going to get there about 11 - 11.15. And don't worry about the mobile phone as far as I am concerned. I have a baseball background so noise doesn't bother me at all!!!

chappy1970
11th March 2010, 09:03 AM
I'll get there just after 11.30, I have a Black and yellow bridgestone stand bag or just ask for me at the pro shop, after 14 years they know what I look like

shu
11th March 2010, 09:52 AM
I'll get there just after 11.30, I have a Black and yellow bridgestone stand bag or just ask for me at the pro shop, after 14 years they know what I look like

is your name chappy by any chance? :)

chappy1970
11th March 2010, 01:16 PM
Chris Chapman will do if needed

mint
11th March 2010, 02:31 PM
being a midday tee off what time is everyone going to be getting to southern to meet up?

Guys on Sunday you will have to forgive me, I have to keep my mobile phone on me and it may ring and unfortunately i will have to answer it..

the reason is : As i work in the transport industry and do multi drop and could be sent to few different places with in the company my starting times dont get organised till the day before...

so for a monday start time i get a call on a sunday, I am hoping i get the call after we have finished playing as i do not want to disturb or show poor form by having a mobile phone...

so i apologise to everyone now for it just on the off chance my phone rings while 1 of you are taking a tee shot or a putt for eagle chance

cheers
OZ

Dont stress about the phone mate we all have obligations in our lives.. i will get there about 11 - 11.30.. i will probably be the only person out there with a reverse grip so you cant really mistake me! haha

chappy1970
11th March 2010, 02:34 PM
Not likely Mint, a member won the 'C' grade clubbies last year playing reverse grip every shot

mint
11th March 2010, 02:44 PM
Not likely Mint, a member won the 'C' grade clubbies last year playing reverse grip every shot

thats awesome ! so there is at least 2 of us out there !! haha i play every shot reverse with a baseball grip.. have done since i was 11.

looks so very wrong i know but playing off 9 so its not all that bad

chappy1970
11th March 2010, 03:15 PM
you may be the low marker for the day mint

shu
11th March 2010, 04:06 PM
woah..quite a few low markers..might have to squeeze in a range session on saturday!

mint
11th March 2010, 04:18 PM
you may be the low marker for the day mint

i am not playing to 9 at the moment believe me !

ozdevil
11th March 2010, 06:38 PM
dont worry shu ... my handicap is turning up on the day... well the official handicap is 30... havent played a comp in weeks nearly 2 months to be precise...

heck i am going all out on a limb now i am going to win the day only just becuase i will be trying out my new push cart if i can be bothered getting it off lay by... i am sure the missus will let me after last sunday losing a mobile phone in my old cart...

oncewasagolfer
11th March 2010, 11:19 PM
i am not playing to 9 at the moment believe me !

The mind games have started even before a shot has been played:mrgreen: I will be there around 11 can't wait.

chappy1970
12th March 2010, 09:41 AM
More sledging please

LarryLong
12th March 2010, 10:20 AM

I like it. Lay the groundwork now so that nobody will be able to say anything when you make your phone ring just as shu is taking the backswing for a crucial five-footer.

"Oh, sorry guys. Must be that work call"

All you need to do now is come up with a really funny or annoying ringtone, and you're home and hosed. :)

Dennis
12th March 2010, 11:43 AM
Is the space still available Chappy?

chappy1970
12th March 2010, 12:44 PM
yes it is!

chappy1970
12th March 2010, 01:17 PM
1. Chappy
2. fatbastard
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer
5. Shu
6. Mint
7. FearsomeKoala

Final list pending Dennis joining us

Dennis
12th March 2010, 01:32 PM
lock me in

What time and would any one like to play a practice match?

chappy1970
12th March 2010, 01:40 PM
1. Chappy
2. fatbastard
3. ozdevil
4. oncewasagolfer
5. Shu
6. Mint
7. FearsomeKoala
8. Dennis

2 groups from 12.03pm on the 10th.

Dennis, I'm sure that you can find a practice match partner. You will be in one group with a live match and I will be in the other with the second live match. that leaves either fatB@stard or koala as potential opponents.

We can work that out on Sunday. Weather looks great for the day too.

Dennis
12th March 2010, 02:32 PM
Sweet

I'll bring the firecrackers

mint
12th March 2010, 02:49 PM
haha perhaps.. but when i fluff my first tee i am sure that you will understand!

chappy1970
12th March 2010, 02:57 PM
I'll bring a box of Grade A Titleist balls (NXT) for the best score on Sunday.

fatbastard
12th March 2010, 04:31 PM
lock me in

What time and would any one like to play a practice match?

I'll play you in a practice match Dennis. I am getting a cart because of a foot injury so you can jump in with me if you want.

And if I accidentally put my hand on your thigh, it's only a reflex action!!!:razz:

Dennis
12th March 2010, 07:17 PM
I'll play you in a practice match Dennis. I am getting a cart because of a foot injury so you can jump in with me if you want. I have boiled lollies in the cart.

And if I accidentally put my hand on your thigh, it can be our little secret!!!:razz:

Edited for accuracy

Game on fatbastard

How many shot will I need to give you? I'm off 12

fatbastard
13th March 2010, 10:11 AM
Edited for accuracy

Game on fatbastard

How many shot will I need to give you? I'm off 12

Nice edit! :smt023

I'm off 11.4 so it should be a good match...

Just remember though, it's only my 4th game in 12 months, so you are the red hot favourite!!!

Gee, it would be embarrassing to lose for you wouldn't it??? :twisted:

Flowergirl
13th March 2010, 10:17 AM
Nice edit! :smt023

I'm off 11.4 so it should be a good match...

Just remember though, it's only my 4th game in 12 months, so you are the red hot favourite!!!

He is easy to beat - as long as you keep out of the bunkers!!!! Sorry - the pain of my defaet will die one day!!!!
Have a great game guys - the weather will be perfect!!!

mint
13th March 2010, 11:31 AM
i went out for a practice yesterday and have not hit the ball that bad for a while.. is going to be interesting tomorrow!!

Dennis
13th March 2010, 12:06 PM

I'm probably at 6 games, so we are close in that regard. I will enjoy the 1 shot you have to give me

Should we have a little wager?

FearsomeKoala
13th March 2010, 01:03 PM
i went out for a practice yesterday and have not hit the ball that bad for a while.. is going to be interesting tomorrow!!

Doesn't that mean that you just got all your bad shots out of the way before tomorrow :lol:

fatbastard
13th March 2010, 05:25 PM
I'm probably at 6 games, so we are close in that regard. I will enjoy the 1 shot you have to give me

Should we have a little wager?

What you looking at pardner?:smt028

Dennis
13th March 2010, 06:20 PM

fatbastard
13th March 2010, 08:32 PM
50c... I'm in!!!

ozdevil
13th March 2010, 09:07 PM
well i went and picked up my new toy the smoothy summit lite today and straight of i went and played at my club at eynesbury

thought i was in for a great day as i started the 1st hole with a par (great for my standard of game) but the next 17 holes well i tee off backwards to get the ball to go forward stood on my head tto get my second or third shots etc to go forward... just couldnt do a thing right at all...

I must say i was impressed with my new toy not used to something as smooth as a smoothy in my life best purchase i had made

looking forward to 2morrow my the best of ya's lose and for me to win lmao...

shu the way i played today you will have the match wrapped up after the 1st hole

just looking forward to playing somewhere different...

see ya all tommorow

Dennis
13th March 2010, 09:49 PM
well i went and picked up my new toy the smoothy summit lite today and straight of i went and played at my club at eynesbury

thought i was in for a great day as i started the 1st hole with a par (great for my standard of game) but the next 17 holes well i tee off backwards to get the ball to go forward stood on my head tto get my second or third shots etc to go forward... just couldnt do a thing right at all...

I must say i was impressed with my new toy not used to something as smooth as a smoothy in my life best purchase i had made

looking forward to 2morrow my the best of ya's lose and for me to win lmao...

shu the way i played today you will have the match wrapped up after the 1st hole

just looking forward to playing somewhere different...

see ya all tommorow

Chappy,

Did you realise you have invited a westy onto our fine establishment?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1851/672580-facepalm_super.jpg

ozdevil
13th March 2010, 10:40 PM
Chappy,

Did you realise you have invited a westy onto our fine establishment?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1851/672580-facepalm_super.jpg

and whats wrong with us westy's Dennis :wink::lol:

chappy1970
14th March 2010, 08:46 AM
Dennis I don't discriminate

Dennis
14th March 2010, 08:57 AM
Dennis I don't discriminate

If he turns up with a pack of Winny Reds under his sleave, I blame you

fatbastard
14th March 2010, 09:21 AM
I'm off to the driving range... I'll see you clowns in a couple of hours!!!

ozdevil
14th March 2010, 09:26 AM
If he turns up with a pack of Winny Reds under his sleave, I blame you

dennis no need to blame chappy for my little indiscretions of turning up with a pack of winny reds . I dont smoke but i will turn up in my best sunday outfit a pair of well holey denim pants and flannelette shirt with a t-shirt with ac/dc on it...

Hey Dennis do they allow health care card for us westy's

seeya all soon

Dennis
14th March 2010, 09:52 AM
dennis no need to blame chappy for my little indiscretions of turning up with a pack of winny reds . I dont smoke but i will turn up in my best sunday outfit a pair of well holey denim pants and flannelette shirt with a t-shirt with ac/dc on it...

Hey Dennis do they allow health care card for us westy's

seeya all soon

Fair point re Chappy

Health Care card only accepted at the bar

Webster
14th March 2010, 09:54 AM
He sounds like the perfect candidate for Southern membership. Sign him up boys!

Dennis
14th March 2010, 09:56 AM

He can't save up enough dole cheques to cover the joining fee

chappy1970
14th March 2010, 10:02 AM
Elite'st tool

Webster
14th March 2010, 10:08 AM
Elite'st tool

Agreed, you are a real wanker Dennis.

Dennis
14th March 2010, 10:36 AM
Agreed, you are a real wanker Dennis.

http://www.eiaonline.com/intercepts/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/captobvious-738633.jpg

Dennis
14th March 2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks to Chappy for hosting today (sounds funny saying that when you play at your home course)

A ripper day and the track was in Australian Woman's open nick

Thanks to fatbastard who pantsed me 4 and 2, and won a hole with an 8

Some suggested his smooth fluent effortless swing and ballflight was very "Jackesque"

He was amazed we had ham sandwiches on the menu at our club though

ozdevil
14th March 2010, 07:07 PM
yes fantastic day and thanks chappy for hosting the day there i had a ball of a time....

but i think next time they have to stop putting the rough and tree's in the fiarways lmao...

Shu whopped my but in the match play but he is a far better player then i am and i am just glad i won a couple of holes..

Fatbastard thanks for allowing me to finish last nine holes in the cart with you

great to mett all of you that attended today and thanks for allowing a hacker like myself onto a nice course in southern

cheers
OZ

Dennis
14th March 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm tipping Shu can go all the way. Great swing and over priced putter...top combo

ozdevil
14th March 2010, 07:15 PM
I'm tipping Shu can go all the way. Great swing and over priced putter...top combo

we will just hand him the trophey Now Dennis... he may just be a bandit at cap of 12 lmao

Dennis
14th March 2010, 07:21 PM
we will just hand him the trophey Now Dennis... he may just be a bandit at cap of 12 lmao

Nah, 12 is about right. He just happened to play to it.

shu
14th March 2010, 09:30 PM
haha good one dennis...i'm not so sure about me going all the way...i reckon once you control your draw?/hook, big things will happen

thanks oz for the match..better luck in 2011! :)

FearsomeKoala
14th March 2010, 11:17 PM
well, it was a fabulous day (and I mean that weather-wise...hard to be proud of the 'golf' i played) and it was great to see some Vic OzGolf'ers getting together for a hit. Thanks again for putting it all together Chappy and hope to get another chance to hit with all of you!

(BTW, before you hand out any hardware, you should see mint play...I've never seen anyone pummel a golf ball like that...keep it up)

mint
15th March 2010, 08:43 AM
another massive Thank you to chappy for organizing the day. cracker of a day for it, course in top nick couldn't really ask for much more i guess.

i didnt think i was hitting that long yesterday koala, well probably not consistant enough anyway... but i still got a bit more left in the tank i reckon :)

mint
15th March 2010, 08:49 AM

hows the commonwealth at the moment Jack ? looked a bit dry on T.V and i know a couple people that were upset they didn't play the ladies at Victoria or Yarra Yarra..

chappy1970
15th March 2010, 09:04 AM
Great day, always a pleasure to host people who enjoy this great (f^&king frustrating game).

I fully crapped it up all day, turning 7 down and finishing 8 down............blaaah

Webster
15th March 2010, 10:43 AM
Mint, Commonwealth was in perfect condition. The players loved it and the event was an outstanding success.

Flowergirl
15th March 2010, 11:55 AM
Mint, Commonwealth was in perfect condition. The players loved it and the event was an outstanding success.
I agree. I went and checked out the big girls on Friday. Was an outstanding day - weather wise and golf wise. The course looks amazing. Just have to work at my game harder and break 80 so Jack will invite me to play there. You did promise you know Jack.;)

mint
15th March 2010, 11:58 AM

does the club itself make a lot for an event like that or is it more for prestigious reasons?

Webster
15th March 2010, 12:03 PM
I agree. I went and checked out the big girls on Friday. Was an outstanding day - weather wise and golf wise. The course looks amazing. Just have to work at my game harder and break 80 so Jack will invite me to play there. You did promise you know Jack.;)

You should have let me know you were attending as I would have bought you a couple of pots in the clubhouse. When do you want to play there princess?

does the club itself make a lot for an event like that or is it more for prestigious reasons?

I'm not sure of the financial aspects of the tournament but the club was keen to have an event there now that the course is in mint (!) condition. It's good for the club and the members were right behind the decision.

Flowergirl
15th March 2010, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=Jack;458320]You should have let me know you were attending as I would have bought you a couple of pots in the clubhouse. When do you want to play there princess?

Tomorrow. You name the day and I am there. But I still haven't broken that 80 mark yet!!!

Dennis
15th March 2010, 01:36 PM
Flowergirl,

More bunkers at Comm than Southern I reckon

Flowergirl
15th March 2010, 01:53 PM
Flowergirl,

More bunkers at Comm than Southern I reckon

I am playing bunkers pretty good at the moment. I had forgotten to explode through the sand. Now that I am doing that it is all going good. I think you were trying to tell me that when we played.
Made two sand saves in pennant last Thurs. :)

fatbastard
15th March 2010, 07:24 PM
Well, I just got out of hospital after playing with the boys on Sunday!!! Had bladder stones. Got to go back in on Wednesday for day surgery where they stick something down my old fella and blast them out (really looking forward to that)...

Was a great day, even though I was trying to piss unsuccessfully every 2 holes...

And with all that, still managed to flogg Dennis!!!:mrgreen:

I'll be happy to host you guys at Cranbourne 1 day soon when I recover...

FB

Dennis
15th March 2010, 08:04 PM
Was a great day, even though I was trying to piss unsuccessfully every 2 holes...

Ahhh..that's what that was. Thought towards the end of the match when you ran off every hole to the bushes you were just relieving the excitement from beating me

all the best wednesday.

shu
15th March 2010, 08:04 PM
Well, I just got out of hospital after playing with the boys on Sunday!!! Had bladder stones. Got to go back in on Wednesday for day surgery where they stick something down my old fella and blast them out (really looking forward to that)...

And with all that, still managed to flogg Dennis!!!:mrgreen:

FB

Ouch! Get well soon FB :)

As for Dennis, well...never mind..

f00re
15th March 2010, 08:42 PM

FB

Sounds good, Id be in. Love playing Cranny

ozdevil
15th March 2010, 09:42 PM
fb

I hope you recover well and back on the course real soon...

Wouldnt mind playing cranbourne myself, delivered grog there quite a few times and looks like its got some hell raising bunkers there

mint
16th March 2010, 07:37 AM
good luck for weds mate.

Flowergirl
16th March 2010, 09:21 AM
Ouch - I am sure that would hurt!! Hopefully you can get someone to kiss it better for you!!

fatbastard
16th March 2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks all.

Choppa
16th May 2010, 06:36 PM
Not included in POTY - No scores