PDA

View Full Version : WA: MegaWatty vs Golfnut

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 12:18 AM
So I guess this is the way that Adlo would prefer it done. So GN, this is where we get to work out when and where we do this.

So, as Marvin Gaye said:

http://z.about.com/d/top40/1/0/x/0/1/marvingaye.jpg

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 12:20 AM
How's about Sun City? I've never played there.

Yossarian
2nd March 2010, 12:21 AM
You mean dogleg city?

simmsy
2nd March 2010, 12:22 AM
crap boring course.

but with your length and r to l shape you will blow GN out the water.

simmsy
2nd March 2010, 12:23 AM
just go to the best public access parkland track in an hours drive of perth -

Mandurah C.C

enough said.

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 12:24 AM
Pretty good course from what I hear though. Straight away holes are sooooo boring!

Jees you guys are quick....that was in response to SC.

Yossarian
2nd March 2010, 12:40 AM
You could play royal freo with your recip rights... Oh wait ;)

simmsy
2nd March 2010, 01:05 AM
Yoss, you could play RF with your Recip rights....

oh wait.. your Mum won't let you out for play time 'til you've finished your homework.;)

Golfnut
2nd March 2010, 01:25 AM
^^^:lol::lol:.......simmsy paying out tonight.....

Golfnut
2nd March 2010, 01:26 AM
Where is Sun City anyway?....sounds like it could be in a Miami Vice episode or something.

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 01:29 AM
Yanchep.

Golfnut
2nd March 2010, 01:32 AM
Pass......way too far away unless it was for an official sanctioned Ozgolf get together.

What's your location MW....besides Meh....

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 01:35 AM
Wattle Grove. Hartfields close. ;)

Cosmopolite
2nd March 2010, 03:47 AM
crap boring course.

but with your length and r to l shape you will blow GN out the water.

Sun City is a good course and can be pretty tough IMHO.

TourFit
2nd March 2010, 12:46 PM
...but with your length and r to l shape you will blow GN out the water.

Like me, eh simmsy ???

Didn't happen. And I played him on a tough course that he's NEVER played and I have many times...off the blue tees too !!!

simmsy
2nd March 2010, 02:39 PM
yeah but by the sounds of it you played like a sissy mary who choked on a hotdog at about the 14th.

MW don't choke. he's the real deal!

simmsy
2nd March 2010, 02:48 PM
Sun City is a good course and can be pretty tough IMHO.

it's an ok course in my opinion.
certainly can be tough, bloody long especially if you cant drive the ball 250+ on a right to left flight. from memory is has 8/14 holes on it that require r to l ball flight.

adlo
2nd March 2010, 03:02 PM
It is OK. Nothing special. On the plus side, it is nice and undulating and dead quiet midweek. Other than that it is a bit monotonous.

idgolfguy
2nd March 2010, 03:08 PM
Haven't played there in years - didn't mind it from past memory.

Don't get it mixed up with the public course that is there too.

adlo
2nd March 2010, 03:12 PM
I think we all know Dog Leg City iTree.

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 11:08 PM
GN. You played Mandurah?

Zeusgolf
2nd March 2010, 11:16 PM

:smt015

Golfnut
2nd March 2010, 11:32 PM
GN. You played Mandurah?

No mate.

MegaWatty
2nd March 2010, 11:38 PM
Me neither. Perhaps we should do that? All the boys rave about it.

idgolfguy
2nd March 2010, 11:40 PM
Perhaps you young blokes won't know but back in the 90s, Sun City was held in the same esteem as KB is at the moment. A difficult course that is a test when the weather is up. I don't know the conditioning these days as they have had a cash flow problems in the past. In those days, the trees weren't as high on those doglegs. Similar to courses of that generation, Hartfield, Vines, Yokine etc. the trees have grown and kept on growing.

To play the Sun City well, you have to play the way it was designed. Very similar to the Vines and KB. These are courses that require to use the landing areas and slopes to gain more distance. The clubs that hit the ball high with spin just don't work the fairways enough. They get the ball up in the air and land soft. Some manipulation is required to make the ball run.

Off the Blues and Blacks, you have to carry 220-250m to have a chance to fly the doglegs. Otherwise, you take driver and aim to run through the dogleg to have a fair chance of making it to the green. A hybrid type club, generally, is not going to give you the distance nor the run, unless you know how to hit that way.

So you can't, in all honesty, complain that is a poor course design. You have to learn to play the course the way the designer set it up. For some, due to its length, the greens maybe beyond regulation because you don't have the right tools. You just have to step up in the chipping and pitching part of your game.

I have never heard a good player complain that Sun City is a poor design. The ones that I have played with have always said that it is a great course.

Golfnut
3rd March 2010, 12:10 AM
Me neither. Perhaps we should do that? All the boys rave about it.

Hmmm.....I'll think aboot it.....was actually hoping to play somewhere closer that I've played before. Mandurah CC is parklands right?

simmsy
3rd March 2010, 12:24 AM
You would play vines or j'lup wouldn't you GN?

Parklands and well worth the 40 minute drive to get there mate.

idgolfguy
3rd March 2010, 01:14 AM
Played Mandurah two weeks ago. Good condition and can highly recommend it. Played on a Friday and stayed back to have a chat with a couple of locals. One of them was 92 years old and played of 17!

Johnny Canuck
3rd March 2010, 02:04 AM
Perhaps you young blokes won't know but back in the 90s, Sun City was held in the same esteem as KB is at the moment. A difficult course that is a test when the weather is up. I don't know the conditioning these days as they have had a cash flow problems in the past. In those days, the trees weren't as high on those doglegs. Similar to courses of that generation, Hartfield, Vines, Yokine etc. the trees have grown and kept on growing.

To play the Sun City well, you have to play the way it was designed. Very similar to the Vines and KB. These are courses that require to use the landing areas and slopes to gain more distance. The clubs that hit the ball high with spin just don't work the fairways enough. They get the ball up in the air and land soft. Some manipulation is required to make the ball run.

Off the Blues and Blacks, you have to carry 220-250m to have a chance to fly the doglegs. Otherwise, you take driver and aim to run through the dogleg to have a fair chance of making it to the green. A hybrid type club, generally, is not going to give you the distance nor the run, unless you know how to hit that way.

So you can't, in all honesty, complain that is a poor course design. You have to learn to play the course the way the designer set it up. For some, due to its length, the greens maybe beyond regulation because you don't have the right tools. You just have to step up in the chipping and pitching part of your game.

I have never heard a good player complain that Sun City is a poor design. The ones that I have played with have always said that it is a great course.

I've got reciprocals there. Going to have to make the drive. Could be a location for Pieface and I to play our match play.

Hmmm.....I'll think aboot it.....was actually hoping to play somewhere closer that I've played before. Mandurah CC is parklands right?

GN, well worth the drive to Mandurah. A great track. In my top 5 in WA.

idgolfguy
3rd March 2010, 02:32 AM
I've got reciprocals there. Going to have to make the drive.

Would be interested in playing there at some stage.

MegaWatty
3rd March 2010, 02:38 AM
I might get up there one Thursday in their Scroungers if anyone's keen.

idgolfguy
3rd March 2010, 02:40 AM
I might get up there one Thursday in their Scroungers if anyone's keen.

If you're thinking Sun City - I could be interested.

MegaWatty
3rd March 2010, 02:47 AM
Yup. Sun City. It's on my 'WA Bucket List'. Wanna check a lot off this year. And there's still a lot to get to.

Might create a thread...

idgolfguy
3rd March 2010, 02:51 AM
Yup. Sun City. It's on my 'WA Bucket List'. Wanna check a lot off this year. And there's still a lot to get to.

Might create a thread...

Put me in as a pencil (pen would depend on the date and what I have on at work at that time.)

MegaWatty
3rd March 2010, 03:02 AM
Sweet. Simmsy should be able to make a Thursday. I'll just take my work clothes to change into and head in straight after.

Yossarian
3rd March 2010, 04:00 PM
I would be keen as well probably.

idgolfguy
3rd March 2010, 04:09 PM
Sweet. Simmsy should be able to make a Thursday. I'll just take my work clothes to change into and head in straight after.
Will be the same for me. Quite a hike though.

Veefore
4th March 2010, 02:35 PM
Sun City is a great course. You need to plan your way around the course, not just point down the middle an belt it. It is a very long course though and is certainly a challenge for us short hitters. It's a long hike but well worth the trip.

MegaWatty
25th March 2010, 01:04 AM
Where are we getting our groove on GN?

Golfnut
25th March 2010, 01:38 AM
No idea mate....will get past this weekend and then we'll need to knuckle down and sort something out.

What's your prefered options? (besides Hartfield)

Golfnut
5th April 2010, 10:41 PM
^^^bump

Actually, seeing how well Zeus hit em' on the Friday of Champs and you canned him in your MP game MW, I'm starting to feel a little nervous.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 10:45 PM
I hit it like a dog that day GN! I just got lucky. I never deserved to win that match!

How many shots do I have to give you???

Golfnut
5th April 2010, 10:50 PM
You hit it like a dog and still beat him!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Despite giving me 13 (assuming you're still off 11), i'm still gonna have my work cut out to have even a sniff.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 10:56 PM
Nearmap.com has updated pics for March 2nd and Araluen still looks terrible....so that's out!

Let's spit ball some courses...

Golfnut
5th April 2010, 11:00 PM
Surely the massive downpour from a couple of Monday's ago has to have made some sort of a difference......I've noticed pretty much everywhere is looking a fair bit greener since the flood.

Anyway, you hoping to stick with "Private/but Open to public" courses or anything and everything?

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 11:05 PM
I think so. I don't think we have enough good "Public" only courses in Perth. It's a challenge between Burswood and Glen Iris I think when it comes down to it. And as for Whaleback...

It'd take a lot to wet up Araluen, it's built on rock!

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 11:08 PM
The Vines?

Golfnut
5th April 2010, 11:13 PM
Played it when I first started playing golf seriously and it tore me a knew one. ID could probably get us on with good rates though.

Do we want to gauge what the other Round 2 players are thinking of doing/playing so we make a day of it or just keep it between us?

simmsy
5th April 2010, 11:15 PM
Go and play Gosnells:wink:

Neutral course, good test of golf. not the best layout going around but condition is usually pretty good.

simmsy
5th April 2010, 11:16 PM
...or head down to Mandurah for the day or Pinjarra.

Golfnut
5th April 2010, 11:17 PM

Neutral course, good test of golf. not the best layout going around but condition is usually pretty good.

Ha ha.....they'd see the truck coming and lock the gates!

Nuffie
5th April 2010, 11:21 PM
Sun City is a great course. You need to plan your way around the course, not just point down the middle an belt it. It is a very long course though and is certainly a challenge for us short hitters. It's a long hike but well worth the trip.

I agree with Veefore here, Sun City is fantastic. My opinion is slightly biased though, given my good record there in the past and having won the summer cup last year with a 75. This course possesses lots of doglegs, though the contours vary on each one, making them all different and forcing you to pick different lines from the tee. The undulations and wind make the already long holes play significantly longer, most particularly the 10th hole playing from the elevated "tiger tee" and into a stiff southerly - now thats a par 4 and 1/2 measuring 440m!

If SC was closer to Perth and given it's very affordable price I'd probably be a member there.

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 11:23 PM
Why don't Nuffie or Zeus have Merit Bars to prove their worth?

MegaWatty
5th April 2010, 11:26 PM
I've had one round at The Vines in comp and had -1 in Par off 15.

I've played a few hit and giggle rounds, but nothing more.

Do they have a mid wekk comp that a guest without a handicap can get in on? Actually, I know the Captain, so he might be able to help...

Nuffie
5th April 2010, 11:32 PM

I concur, I headed out with Zeus about 3 weeks ago and Gosnells looked in good condition. I've been there 4 times now and have always enjoyed it. No bad experiences with the greens to report on, though some others have commented on their inconsistent pace and difficulties to read the breaks. I've always putted ok there and its reasonably open off the tee. A good Kikuyu course, lots of undulation and reminds me a bit of Yokine, just not as difficult.

idgolfguy
6th April 2010, 05:23 PM
Vines was cored last week! Not a good venue. Icould get you on for $35pp though.

Bruce Dickinson
6th April 2010, 06:08 PM
I think so. I don't think we have enough good "Public" only courses in Perth. It's a challenge between Burswood and Glen Iris I think when it comes down to it. And as for Whaleback...

It'd take a lot to wet up Araluen, it's built on rock!
Perth goes alright for public courses, they are generally better value than many I've seen in Melbourne and Sydney in regards to price and maintenance levels.

MegaWatty
6th April 2010, 09:32 PM
Perth goes alright for public courses, they are generally better value than many I've seen in Melbourne and Sydney in regards to price and maintenance levels.

A fair call I guess. I think it may be that's most of the Member's Tracks are all very well maintained that there is such a divide between the public tracks and the members tracks. And then the difference between the publics and the outstanding courses is huuuuuge.

And I do apologise. Wembley probably beats both Burswood and Glen Iris hands down. It has been a while since I've been out there though.

Golfnut
6th April 2010, 09:51 PM
I'll say!!! Wembley absolutely shits all over GI.

MegaWatty
6th April 2010, 10:09 PM
I'll say!!! Wembley absolutely shits all over GI.
The back nine at GI leaves a bit to be desired. However when the greens are good, they can be superb!!!

Golfnut
6th April 2010, 10:15 PM
Hmmm...been a long while since the greens could be described as anywhere near that mate.....the last 6 months the place has been let go a bit although it is looking a lot better in the last month.
It's still a course I like to play as it suits my distances off the back tees and the bunkering still keeps it very challenging.

Actually the back 9 at GI was the first course I ever played nearly 3 years ago and it was way better then, then now but its coming back slowly......winter will do marvels for this course.

Golfnut
6th April 2010, 10:16 PM
We could do GI mate if you like!

Bruce Dickinson
6th April 2010, 11:39 PM
A fair call I guess. I think it may be that's most of the Member's Tracks are all very well maintained that there is such a divide between the public tracks and the members tracks. And then the difference between the publics and the outstanding courses is huuuuuge.

And I do apologise. Wembley probably beats both Burswood and Glen Iris hands down. It has been a while since I've been out there though.
no need to apologise, Burswood is a benchmark for Wembley to work towards. Don't know about Glen Iris, haven't seen it for a few years.

The maintenance of public tracks is actually reasonably comparable to a lot member tracks, it's just the sheer volume of traffic on the public courses that impacts on the end quality. Places like the Vines and Joondalup are way in front, but a lot of that is on the back of bigger staff numbers.

Wembley has 14 staff to look after 36 holes,all the landscaping and the range, Joondalup would have probably 18-20 staff to do 27 holes, landscaping and range. Those extra staff make a huge difference when you need to do the 1% jobs that people notice

PS - sorry for the threadjack

TourFit
7th April 2010, 12:01 AM
Threadjacking welcome BD...gives us somrthing interesting to read while those two take forever umming and ahhing about where to play for their MP round.

Evens for running out of time!!!

Golfnut
7th April 2010, 12:17 AM
Just cause you wish it was you V MW ;)

Hey Fit, when can I come pick up the Bett and put it to some good use????

MegaWatty
7th April 2010, 12:33 AM
Surely the massive downpour from a couple of Monday's ago has to have made some sort of a difference......I've noticed pretty much everywhere is looking a fair bit greener since the flood.

Anyway, you hoping to stick with "Private/but Open to public" courses or anything and everything?
That's a double slam!!!

MegaWatty
7th April 2010, 12:34 AM
We could do GI mate if you like!
Playing an Ambrose there next Tuesday. I'll report back...

Golfnut
7th April 2010, 12:36 AM
Ok...

Yossarian
7th April 2010, 12:38 AM
I've been meaning to say good thing simmsy got his match out of the way last year considering how badly he is striking the ball atm.

TourFit
7th April 2010, 01:54 PM
You can talk...BANDIT!

Golfnut
7th April 2010, 10:47 PM
Playing an Ambrose there next Tuesday. I'll report back...

Played it today with my brother (Had 33pts).......fairways are still patchy but playable, back 9 looks better than the front, greens were consistent, slowish compared to premium courses but still good......they'd just been fertilised so should be even better in about a week or so.

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 02:27 PM
OK GN....Hows about a round at Gossy's?

I've never played there. Perhaps a Friday arvo?

Golfnut
11th April 2010, 10:24 PM
OK GN....Hows about a round at Gossy's?

Didn't know it was open to the general public mate. What about GI, aren't you playing it on Tuesday?

I've never played there. Perhaps a Friday arvo?

Not sure yet.

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 10:27 PM
Didn't know it was open to the general public mate. What about GI, aren't you playing it on Tuesday?

Yeh, I'm pretty sure public can get on at some stage. Playing GI but not that impressed after your comments on it. Driver/wedge courses are fun for Ambrose but not much else.

Golfnut
11th April 2010, 10:33 PM
Just make sure your off the blues on Tuesday....should make it a bit more of a challenge. I hit my driver well last week and really only had a few holes that I could use a wedge into. Be interested to hear your report of it after Tuesday.....what time you playing?

MegaWatty
11th April 2010, 10:46 PM
Just make sure your off the blues on Tuesday....should make it a bit more of a challenge. I hit my driver well last week and really only had a few holes that I could use a wedge into. Be interested to hear your report of it after Tuesday.....what time you playing?
A lot of non golfers playing. Dunno if it'll be off the blues. A lot of driveable holes. :)

Off at 11

Yossarian
11th April 2010, 10:52 PM
It plays very short. I think I can hit all the par 5's there in two or near enough.

simmsy
11th April 2010, 11:34 PM
don't play GI it is a crab course at best, even someone with my power game hits driver/wedge all day around there it's so FFFF'kn boring

Gosnells (not much better) is open to public on fridays and i think maybe mondays.

TourFit
12th April 2010, 04:50 PM
Just play SOMEWHERE... FFS!!!!

78 posts and still no nearer a date OR a course :roll:

Johnny Canuck
13th April 2010, 10:33 AM
Worst thread ever, I agree with Fit.

MegaWatty
13th April 2010, 10:34 AM
Like the other MP threads don't go the same way.

TourFit
13th April 2010, 10:53 AM
Worst thread ever, I agree with 'Fit.

:shock: WTF???

Please don't do that, you'll upset the balance of the universe!!!

Johnny Canuck
13th April 2010, 11:52 AM
Sorry, I'll try not to do it again.

We did agree that Golfnut was a tight little Wog over the Betti incident.

That's twice.

TourFit
13th April 2010, 02:47 PM

That's twice.

But that's an UNDISPUTABLE fact...so it's different.

MegaWatty
16th April 2010, 01:20 AM

That's twice.
Jees that's harsh!!!

GN. Gosy's next Friday?

Golfnut
16th April 2010, 09:32 AM
This could be a go'er mate.....next week's looking quieter towards the end of the week. (Sorry, couldn't commit to anything this week as the weather has really played around with my schedule)

Golfnut
21st April 2010, 02:11 AM
Are we on for Friday chief???

MegaWatty
21st April 2010, 10:54 AM
Are we on for Friday chief???
Do you want to see if we can get a 1 pm tee time?

Golfnut
21st April 2010, 11:02 AM
The earlier the better mate (assuming it suits you)......just need to be home at a reasonable hour to help out with the kids.
Something around 12 is good too.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

MegaWatty
21st April 2010, 11:03 AM
12 should be perfect. Got swimming in the morning.

Yossarian
21st April 2010, 11:04 AM
So where is this being played?

Golfnut
21st April 2010, 11:17 AM
12 should be perfect. Got swimming in the morning.

Noice

MegaWatty
21st April 2010, 03:39 PM
So where is this being played?
Gosy's.

Anyone else want in?

GN. You able to book the flight mate?

Yossarian
21st April 2010, 04:58 PM
This friday and how much?

Johnny Canuck
21st April 2010, 05:22 PM
Those greens are going to murder Golfnut.

Mega 6 and 4.

If Yoss plays, 43 putts.

I'd invite you guys over for a beer afterwards as the new place is close by, but no landscaping has been done yet, so you'll have to postpone it for another time that you want to torture yourself.

Mega. If you are coming from home, take Tonkin highway to Ranford. Super quick.

Yossarian
21st April 2010, 07:11 PM
My putting is golden.

TourFit
21st April 2010, 07:28 PM
Chinese fake gold though...will flake and peel at first sign of stress or use !!!

We'll see tomorrow.

Yossarian
21st April 2010, 07:38 PM
Stones in glass houses tour choke....

Golfnut
21st April 2010, 10:49 PM
Just had a read through of the course layout........I'm screwed :smt087

Johnny Canuck
21st April 2010, 11:07 PM
I was thinking about it GN. There are a few left to right holes to catch Mega. However, there are a couple right to lefters that should suit him perfectly. Hole 3 comes to mind. I don't think there are enough right to lefters to make up for it.

MegaWatty
21st April 2010, 11:10 PM
I was thinking about it GN. There are a few left to right holes to catch Mega. However, there are a couple right to lefters that should suit him perfectly. Hole 3 comes to mind. I don't think there are enough right to lefters to make up for it.
My hook's all but gone. In fact, ID and Simmsy can vouch that I can now hit a fade!!!

It was my left hand that was killing me!

Golfnut
21st April 2010, 11:18 PM
My main concern is distance.....quite a few very long Par 4's there.....looks like it will be another Driver - Hybrid day for me. Thank Christ I'm hitting my hybrids well (better is probably the right word) following the shaft upgrades.

Played a bit of an ego boosting round yesterday at Wembley and shot 10 over on the Tuart Course but that was way shorter in comparison to Gosnells so I'm not sure I can take too much from that round.

TourFit
21st April 2010, 11:45 PM
Just had a read through of the course layout........I'm screwed :smt087

Strictly speaking GN you were MORE screwed at KB...I had played it 100 times, we were off blue tees etc etc. Keep it steady and minimize your mistakes. Play each hole as designed, use your handicap strokes wisely and don't bite off more than you can chew. I've played with you twice now, and off your handicap you can beat him...if you play to your strengths.

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2010, 12:00 AM
Exactly. Third time I agree with Fit.

Play your own game and stay in the whole. Your don't have a power game, so don't try and find one for the occasion.

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 12:05 AM
Jees boys. Why don't you just come out and hit the ball for him? :)

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2010, 12:12 AM
I would but Gosnells sucks.

I'd rather play you. I hate giving tons of shots away.

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 12:17 AM
Are you next on the draw?

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 12:22 AM
Actually. GN. Is this even booked? :-s

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2010, 12:29 AM
keep winning, we'll meet at some point.

Pieface
22nd April 2010, 10:17 AM
2011 perhaps JC ;)

Golfnut
22nd April 2010, 10:39 AM
Actually. GN. Is this even booked? :-s

I'll ring this morning.......I won't be online until this arvo MW, so you'll have to sms me if you want to confirm booking as I don't have your number.

Golfnut
22nd April 2010, 02:30 PM
^^^Rang this morning...no go, they've got women's pennants on most of the day.

Any other suggestions MW? I'm easy as long as it isn't too far north.

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 02:55 PM
^^^Rang this morning...no go, they've got women's pennants on most of the day.

Any other suggestions MW? I'm easy as long as it isn't too far north.
Nah. We've got another month. Perhaps in two weeks?

Golfnut
22nd April 2010, 02:58 PM
Another month?

MegaWatty
22nd April 2010, 03:02 PM
Another month?
The Don gave permission for this round to finish in May.

Golfnut
22nd April 2010, 03:10 PM
Winter Cup is in May isn't it???? May as well do it then at SH.....I'm guessing that's what the others will be doing.

Got a pass out and all from the boss for tomorrow too.....

TourFit
22nd April 2010, 05:41 PM
Play with yourself GN...!

Jees boys. Why don't you just come out and hit the ball for him? :)

The way I'm hitting it, you'd be GUARANTEED a win if I come out and hit it for Golfnut.

Golfnut
22nd April 2010, 07:35 PM
Play with yourself GN...!

Don't need your permission to play with myself Fit :wink:

Yossarian
22nd April 2010, 10:03 PM
GN adlo and I will be heading up to sun city for our rematch at some stage. So you could do that.

Our Mandurah Country Club was suggested. A better track for matchplay you could not find.

idgolfguy
22nd April 2010, 10:27 PM
Sun City would be a fine test. Have played a few Pennant matches there in years gone past. Rewards a good long game, short game and putting.

If you haven't played there, then both you and MW would be on equal footing. The driver will fail you if you can't place a 240m drive where you want it. You'd both have to rely on approaches and putting.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:02 AM
So desperation to get this done and finished, and the fact that Gosnells won't have us, has us looking at Collier Park this Friday. I'm thinking this has played right into GNs hands.

Vic, you still keen?

Anyone else for a lazy round at a public track?

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 12:03 AM
Bloody snobs eh!

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:04 AM
Bloody snobs eh!
The Lake K of Canning Vale (minus the view) it seems!

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 12:06 AM
Pines & Lakes ok MW?

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:10 AM
I can't remember them. One starts to the left of the range. One from the right of the range and one over the back of the club house, which I think is the newer nine.

Which is which?

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah Pines to the left of the range and Lakes over the back of the club house......played Islands (Right of the range) last week and wasn't too impressed with the layout.
Lakes is in excellent condition and Pines, good for a public track.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:17 AM
Done.

You got time to make the call?

adlo
5th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Islands is pretty boring. Lakes is the clear stand out and pretty fun.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:27 AM
I rate the whole layout as a good fun public track. I think I've played Lakes once. Know Pines pretty well.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 12:36 AM
Pines is to the left, island is the right and lakes is one over the back.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 12:37 AM
Oh and I may be keen. :) I dominate collier.

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I'll do it.

I'm home with the kids in the morning while the wife's out......12.30ish ok?

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:49 AM
12s better, but 12:30 is fine. It'll just mean a little more time on the range.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah Pines to the left of the range and Lakes over the back of the club house......played Islands (Right of the range) last week and wasn't too impressed with the layout.
Lakes is in excellent condition and Pines, good for a public track.
Yoss. This post was really handy working out where the nines are. ;)

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 12:56 AM
Yoss. This post was really handy working out where the nines are. ;)

Sorry something really weird happened there, thought I had read all the posts. Whoops a daisy.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 12:57 AM
You're forgiven.

So you're a firm pencil?

I'll be sporting my new Powerband 3.0s, now in the correct size!

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 12:59 AM
I'll let ye know tmz, I may have a tutorial at twelve but I'm not sure.

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 01:03 AM
I'll book a 3 ball then?

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 01:03 AM
GN was just going to book for 4 I believe. Just chuck your availability in this thread.

No sledging!

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 01:08 AM
4 Ball it is!!!

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 01:24 AM
Vic might still make it.

Johnny Canuck
5th May 2010, 01:54 AM
Collier? Nut 4 and 3.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 02:00 AM
I love a wide open public track. Only thing is I'm off 10 now and dropping and GN gets to keep his regular 'cap.

idgolfguy
5th May 2010, 05:49 PM
I'm in and is it still Gosnell's

Johnny Canuck
5th May 2010, 06:09 PM
That was sooooooooooooo last week ID. Don't let the rest of the thread pass you by.

Mega, giving 14 strokes to GN at a hack track is a deathwish.

I can see you shooting about 4 over and still getting smoked. GNut should play off about 17-18 at an easy course like this.

idgolfguy
5th May 2010, 06:57 PM
Collier Park!

Doesn't Yoss have reciprocals with Royal Fremantle?

Matchplay on a public course - Golfnut would need a handicap review.

Pieface
5th May 2010, 07:04 PM
Mega! man up and take the 'nut down...don't show fear like JC and id!!! :p :lol:

Johnny Canuck
5th May 2010, 07:12 PM
Golfnut's cap is highly suspect already and there has been discussion about it needing review. If you move him to an easy public track, he should destroy MegaWatty.

Collier is one of the easier tracks I have ever played. I played it once and played well enough to shoot about 83 at Kennedy. I finished the day one under the card.

idgolfguy
5th May 2010, 07:33 PM
GN has been sprouting how well he has been playing on public tracks (generally shorter).
Collier is not long and does not have much in the way of surprises and difficulty. I still play below 80 there on my handicap.

MW giving away 14 strokes on a course that is about 6 strokes easier is going to be tough.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 07:34 PM
Why doesn't Mega man up and play secret harbour?

Pieface
5th May 2010, 07:36 PM
I'm scared of GN

It's OK big fella :smt056

GN could well be due an Ozgold 'cap slash...but let him knock out MW first :mrgreen:

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 11:10 PM

Happy to do this at SH......

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 11:25 PM

I'm probably going to, but I have to stay non-committal, because that's the cool thing to do. :)

MP is not just about shooting scores. There's a bit more involved. If I get knocked out, then so be it. Luckily, I'll get to keep a hold of my sheep station.

I didn't enjoy the last major as much because I was involved in the matchplay at the same time.

I haven't written myself off like everyone else has, and I'm going to give it a good crack. At least I'll have finished ahead of Simmsy and The Fit.

adlo
5th May 2010, 11:25 PM
Doesn't Yoss have reciprocals with Royal Fremantle?

Good point.

Another good point.

Obviously MW wants to lose!

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 11:26 PM
If you want to do SH, then I guess I'm in. If you want to do Collier this Friday, then I'm in.

Your choice GN my lawn king!

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 11:31 PM
Can we get on a RF Adlo, Yoss????

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 11:31 PM
I do have recip at RF but I am not even sure if i can make this bad boy yet. Maybe The Cut would be a good venue?

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 11:33 PM
I'd do The Cut!!! :evil::evil::evil:

And I've never played RF, so that'd be GREAT!!! And then GN could get home nice and early. :)

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 11:34 PM
Too far away.......RF would be good....never played there though.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 11:35 PM
I suppose something could be organised for another day. I hate organising though.... Maybe if a fee was paid to me ;)

adlo
5th May 2010, 11:36 PM
As long as there was no comp, Yoss could get 2 visitors on without hassle.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 11:37 PM
I am starting to feel a little peer pressured here.

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 11:39 PM
Yoss, make it so!!!!

I can chip in for your green fees if you accept charity ;) What's it worth fora round anyway at RF?

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 11:40 PM
For me it is worth nothing. For you it is $40 I think.

MegaWatty
5th May 2010, 11:43 PM
Do you really think that we haven't tried to organise this enough. I think with GN's 'inflated' handicap that he should man up for a round at Hartfield!

Let's look at it this way. My handicap totally represents how I play at Hartfield. Especially using the new handicap system! Surely he's still at an advantage. :)

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 11:44 PM
For me it is worth nothing. For you it is $40 I think.

Cool, is this a possibility then?

I didn't feel too thrilled to be playing the MP round at Colliers.....just lacks that tournament feel.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 11:45 PM
I think Hartfield would be a super venue.

Golfnut
5th May 2010, 11:46 PM
I think you both think I'm stoopid or sumtin.

Yossarian
5th May 2010, 11:49 PM
Adlo what days were good for social hits at RF?

adlo
6th May 2010, 12:07 AM
Can't remeber, but from memory you can sneak on most days. Give them a call.

Yossarian
6th May 2010, 12:09 AM
Mega/GN I can give them a call but I can't promise this friday. Or any day that may suit you... What days do suit you?

TourFit
6th May 2010, 12:15 AM
OMG...here we go again !!!

Now, where are those old Zig posts I wanted to read...

MegaWatty
6th May 2010, 12:21 AM
If you were still in TF, you might not care, and perhaps it could have been you vs me and we could have played at Harty a couple of weeks back. Anyway, GN beat you and you've got nothin'! Lot's of it. :)

I'm still happy for this Friday at Collier.

Golfnut
6th May 2010, 12:24 AM
Mega/GN I can give them a call but I can't promise this friday. Or any day that may suit you... What days do suit you?

Most Friday's Yoss from 12 onwards.....would love to get this done & dusted for TF's sake this Friday if possible.

OMG...here we go again !!!

Now, where are those old Zig posts I wanted to read...

Sour grapes TF

MegaWatty
6th May 2010, 12:38 AM
Let's just do it GN. We're both free. We've agreed. Let's follow through.....so to speak.

Are we booked?

Golfnut
6th May 2010, 12:45 AM
No, book Thursday for Friday play.

MegaWatty
6th May 2010, 12:52 AM
Righto. Let's just do it. If you beat me, half your luck mate. ;)

Remember though, I want all your lawn knowledge. :)

Golfnut
6th May 2010, 12:59 AM
MW you not keen to even try for Royal Freo????
I've been wanting to play there since I started playing!!!

MegaWatty
6th May 2010, 01:02 AM
Yeh, I'll play there. But as per the opening post. Let's get it on!

Golfnut
6th May 2010, 01:05 AM
Amen!!!.....Yoss can you try RF in the morning if you don't mind and let me know if we can do this please mate?
If it's a no go, then Collier here we come.

idgolfguy
6th May 2010, 02:11 AM
I'm still available to play to. I did look at the Vines for you both but the Ladies Pennants has taken over the course.

idgolfguy
6th May 2010, 02:13 AM
So, a Bunbury reciprocal is free for RF and Wanneroo? I may become a country member!

Yossarian
6th May 2010, 03:00 PM
Sorry guys I have a tut and group meeting now on friday, I was hoping my group would not meet, but they are. You could just jump the fence at freo public?

idgolfguy
6th May 2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry guys I have a tut and group meeting now on friday, I was hoping my group would not meet, but they are.
Be all that you can be and say no to peer pressure.

Come play with us instead.

Yossarian
6th May 2010, 03:15 PM
Be all that you can be and say no to peer pressure.

Come play with us instead.

No? :)

MegaWatty
6th May 2010, 09:04 PM
It's on!

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/donkey-kong.jpg

Collier. Tomorrow. Midday.

Vic's in...I believe.

Anyone else???

Yossarian
6th May 2010, 09:20 PM
My tut finishs at 2:30 so I won't even be able to catch you for the back nine :(

Pieface
7th May 2010, 06:17 PM
This nut cracked yet?

Yossarian
7th May 2010, 08:34 PM
Megatron was victorious. In an engaging back and forth battle, that saw GN take the honours early, getting up and down FROM EVERYWHERE, mega clawed it back to win on the 17th 2 up I think. Was a good match to watch. I though Mega was going to crumble on the greens for a while there!

idgolfguy
7th May 2010, 09:35 PM
MW was pretty consistent at leaving his ball at the right distance from the hole...around 4.5 feet which holed everytime. He did leave one at 18 inches on the 17 which he missed for a bogey.

Both he and GN played some really good golf. It was fun to watch. GN has made some good inroads to working out his swing but lost it for four holes or so after the 9th and MW capitalised.

MW will be tough to beat.

MegaWatty
7th May 2010, 09:54 PM
It was for Par ID. ;)

The greens had me stumped all day coming from nicely shaved private (snob) courses.

I really enjoyed the day. Collier is a good little public complex with great practice facilities. The company was great!

I felt for GN as he was unwinding a bit through the start and middle of the back nine.

Keep at it mate. Your good shots show your true potential. Realising that potential consistently takes a lot of time. My suggestion...stay away from Internet advice. ID, Yoss and I all agree that you could benefit from some good one on ones to help you out with your impact. We could all see your potential. Keep at it mate.

Yossarian
7th May 2010, 09:58 PM
He was actually smoking some iron shots today, agreed a coach would be a super investment!

Pieface
8th May 2010, 12:16 AM
Hard luck GN. Sounds like your golf is coming along in leaps and bounds though!

Playing against consistent golfers can really get the nerves going if the wobbles kick in.

Golfnut
8th May 2010, 12:16 AM
You guys are seriously too kind :oops:.......my back nine was not great, hit the driver much better but my short game just left me.
WELL DONE MW, you played so consistently all day mate and it was a real pleasure to watch your iron shots. I think I saw one relatively bad drive all day from you that still managed to beat my best on the 9th.
I was really only hanging in there on the back nine having gone out with a 2 hole buffer.

In all, a great day with good company lads. Cheers.
33pts all up for the scrutineers

High light of the day: Yoss's 2nd shot on the 11th hole (I think) from the next fairway on the right, over the trees & onto the green, less than 2m from the pin and pin high......magic!!!!

Golfnut
8th May 2010, 12:23 AM
Hard luck GN. Sounds like your golf is coming along in leaps and bounds though!

Playing against consistent golfers can really get the nerves going if the wobbles kick in.

Had the wobbles very early in the game with 2 totally duffed drives....the first on the first hole didn't even clear the ladies :oops:......Don't really know what happened on the back nine to be totally honest, like I said my short game totally left me.....driver & second shots were good....I just kept drawing a blank standing over the ball whilst chipping. This was all while feeling quite relaxed.......hmmm maybe too relaxed :neutral:

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 12:29 AM
False sense of security. ;)

Golfnut
8th May 2010, 12:31 AM
Ha ha...maybe the nervous energy's a good thing for me.

Pieface
8th May 2010, 12:36 AM
might be a stamina/concentration thing GN. I find if I have a crook hole or two I have hit a few shots without a clear plan/focus. Usually have to try and get my head back on and refocus.

Duffing the first few tee shots isn't wobbling - it's a cunning plan to throw the opponent off their game looking for your ball :D

*EDIT*

Forgot to say congrats to MW. Well done mate :)

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 12:50 AM
He beat me on the first!!! Ummm. And the second!

Thanks PF.

Veefore
8th May 2010, 08:14 AM
Congrats MW.

Commiserations GN. It sounds like you have got some game ready to be unleashed. :)

Pieface
8th May 2010, 11:27 AM
He beat me on the first!!! Ummm. And the second!

Thanks PF.

Sounds like it worked a treat then :lol:

A pretty strong consensus...better look at those lessons GN!

adlo
8th May 2010, 08:11 PM
Hard luck GN. No "TourFit crumble" to dine on this round.

Well done MW.

TourFit
8th May 2010, 09:21 PM
Well done MW...the in form golfer continues!

Bad luck GN...I too have seen your potential. The above advice is sound (for a change!!). Find a coach or teaching pro that you are comfortable with and can relate to what he is saying. Then you will improve leaps and bounds.

adlo
8th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Go see Darryn at Burswood. He is the right type of coach for you, GN.

Pieface
8th May 2010, 09:32 PM
Go see Darryn at Burswood. He is the right type of coach for you, GN.

Cheap?

TF Crumble...gold!

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 09:35 PM
Daryn's a nice guy, but I'm not too sure about his teaching techniques.

I'd love to see some Paul Smith action on him. Get him into that impact position and compressing the ball properly. He's helped me a ton!

adlo
8th May 2010, 09:38 PM
Golfnut + TGM = Fail.

Trust me.

Darryn simplfies the swing. He has TGM, Edwin knowledge, as well as everything else. He just doesn't become a devotee of any one technique (which I don't think anyone should).

Pieface, he offers a free video assessment, then 4 x 30 min lessons for $180. Lessons can be known to run slightly overtime.

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 09:45 PM
On the value scale, that's very high. And to be honest, any lessons for PF and GN would be worthwhile.

I'd say P.S. doesn't always teach just TGM, although that's definitely the basis for his teaching. He's coached me, but I wouldn't consider myself a TGM student (ala Brian Gay) and really have NFI about 'the book'. But I guess I had a firm basis to build on.

adlo
8th May 2010, 09:49 PM
Same as David Williams (Willow) who I am sure you know of.

He knows everything TGM, but never talks about it. Damn good coach. He will be over in October, more than likely running a day clinic. That is something GN would benefit from. However, pretty costly.

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 09:54 PM
I just think a lot of people can benefit from that first three hour session that Paul and probably other TGM based guys start with. That alone has made me understand so much about my clubs, swing and impact position. However, that is the expensive session. :)

If GN gets that impact position right (which he did several times yesterday) then he'd be a solid 18 handicapper day in, day out.

idgolfguy
8th May 2010, 09:56 PM
GN is not ready for lessons as he still believes that he can get through on his own. Until he comes to that conclusion on his own, this thread get through with no change to his game.

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 09:57 PM
GN is not ready for lessons as he still believes that he can get through on his own. Until he comes to that conclusion on his own, this thread get through with no change to his game.
ID decides on the reverse psychology approach. :)

idgolfguy
8th May 2010, 10:03 PM
MW, not many understand the importance of impact zone nor are they prepared to so the work to get it right. Not many of us can learn acquire without actively working at it.

Kids acquire it without being told or shown it.

Johnny Canuck
8th May 2010, 10:22 PM
congrats on the win mega.

i am pleased with the results of my lesson with darryn. afraid to cash in the other 3 as i am liking the swing at the moment. it's slowly coming together.

idgolfguy
8th May 2010, 10:45 PM
ID decides on the reverse psychology approach. :)
I used to be a teacher for 10 years and I know if you aren't ready to learn, it won't happen.

MegaWatty
8th May 2010, 10:50 PM
I used to be a teacher for 10 years and I know if you aren't ready to learn, it won't happen.
OK. Let's talk more about my win then. ;)

TourFit
8th May 2010, 11:53 PM
Actually...let's get into your Round 2 planning stages NOW please.

I'm not sure I can handle another 200+ posts just on when/where :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MegaWatty
9th May 2010, 12:03 AM
Round 1 was the round you were knocked out by GN.

Round 2 was the round I knocked out GN.

I know it seems like yesterday since you were knocked out, but we're already up to round 3!!! Amazing!!!

Haven't we finished our round 2 match before most, if not everyone elses?

:)

TourFit
9th May 2010, 09:51 AM
Touche mon ami...touche!!