PDA

View Full Version : Clipsal 500 at Adelaide

Fishman Dan
18th March 2005, 11:04 PM
Gotta say i love this track and it made a much better Grand Prix. Good to watch the V8's go around it as well.

But did anyone see the BMW smash in some Euro trash car event today?? At the end of the main straight - just went straight into the wall at 150 - 200 kph - Sports Tonight showed the replay and the sound of the screech of tyres leading to the impact was sickening.

Apparently he 'walked' away :shock:

EDIT: It was also the 'Play of the Day' - they go through it multiple times. The concrete wall moves massive distances...... sick stuff.

damoocow
18th March 2005, 11:44 PM
fishfinger are you serious ? - car racing is a fags game - 4 wheels / harness / flame proof suit / really scary stuff NOT
- v8 shirtlifters[aka pillowbiters] incorporated

damoocow

Ducky
18th March 2005, 11:47 PM
Apparently, he was going 190km/h when he was preparing to brake and (as you would know) the brakes were unresponsive. I guess at that speed you can't really do anything except trying to avoid hitting the wall head-on and hoping to god that the safety gear and structure reinforcements work as they are designed to. I agree in relation to the sounds leading up to the crash - I imagine there would be a few marshalls having trouble sleeping.

:shock:

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

damoocow
18th March 2005, 11:53 PM
I would have thought the 'crash' might have woken the marshalls up - rivetting stuff this car racing [ insert here the rolling eyes and look of utter disdain for anyone who thinks car racing is manly]

damoocow

Fishman Dan
19th March 2005, 07:27 AM
I would have thought the 'crash' might have woken the marshalls up - rivetting stuff this car racing [ insert here the rolling eyes and look of utter disdain for anyone who thinks car racing is manly]

damoocow

2 posts in 4 Damo - i'm guessing you really don't like motor racing.

What do you do for an adrenalin sport then? Recite passages from Henry IV Part I? :lol:

damoocow
19th March 2005, 10:38 PM
fishfillet - it is 4 wheel motor racing I have a problem with - quite effeminate really when compared to 2 wheel motor racing - really a case of danger Vs armchair.

damoocow