PDA

View Full Version : WTF: No way you're off ?

Ferrins
1st March 2010, 02:51 PM
Have you played with an Ozgolfer who's handicap doesn't seem to match up.

Captain Nemo
1st March 2010, 02:53 PM
wtf?

Ferrins
1st March 2010, 02:53 PM
Tex, without the attempted tour recoveries would be way lower.

Ferrins
1st March 2010, 02:55 PM
I thought Henno was on the tour until I saw him tee off.

BrisVegas
1st March 2010, 02:57 PM
golfer69, poidda, choppa.... the list is long.

sms316
1st March 2010, 02:59 PM
Fishman Dan.

But unlike everyone else who is being named so far, he ain't a burgler.

Captain Nemo
1st March 2010, 02:59 PM
Zig!
His golflink had him at 22 i think, but f me, he couldnt break 100 in 10 go's i reckon!

henno
1st March 2010, 03:01 PM
Iain. The was he hits his long irons would make a scratch-marker jealous. Him being off 9 or 10 is a joke.

Daves
1st March 2010, 03:08 PM
Iain. The was he hits his long irons would make a scratch-marker jealous. Him being off 9 or 10 is a joke.

11 yesterday actually, but I think he might have lost 0.2 to bring him back under 10.5.

Captain Nemo
1st March 2010, 03:08 PM
By all reports from his new swing coach, he will be a scratch marker sooner than later!

Iain
1st March 2010, 03:11 PM
Still off 11, CCR according to golflink was 70....

Daves
1st March 2010, 03:15 PM
Still off 11, CCR according to golflink was 70....

Burglar!:lol: They announced it as a CCR of 71 at the presentations, but that wouldn't have moved you either I just realised. Double burglar and Sandbagger!:roll::mrgreen:

Minor_Threat
1st March 2010, 03:21 PM
Pup..
I thought he was ready for the tour! Then he played Newcastle..

ParMaster
1st March 2010, 03:26 PM
:)

Newcastle isn't a super hard course, but there really aren't many birdie opportunities..

And on the black tee day it's torture (in a fun kind of way). ;)

poidda
1st March 2010, 03:27 PM
Golfer69. He should be off the red markers as he plays like a bitch!

Iain
1st March 2010, 03:33 PM
Burglar!:lol: They announced it as a CCR of 71 at the presentations, but that wouldn't have moved you either I just realised. Double burglar and Sandbagger!:roll::mrgreen:

No way am I a sandbagger!!! :oops:

Minor_Threat
1st March 2010, 03:50 PM
:)

Newcastle isn't a super hard course, but there really aren't many birdie opportunities..

And on the black tee day it's torture (in a fun kind of way). ;)Par 80 for you Pup.. ;)

BrisVegas
1st March 2010, 04:03 PM
Par 80 for you Pup.. ;)

sheesh, I'm gonna need some extra shots then if we're gonna have a sidebet.... :shock:

Eag's
1st March 2010, 04:25 PM
For me it would have to be Kpac no doubt.
He swings it like a low single figures marker.

sms316
1st March 2010, 04:32 PM
Raining here. Never mind.

henno
1st March 2010, 04:35 PM
He has.

Tex
1st March 2010, 05:20 PM
Tex, without the attempted tour recoveries would be way lower.

Got to agree, I am sick and tired of being off 20 something (26 now :roll:) reckon I would suit about 18 at the most. Got to get it togther soon for a whole round :oops:

Jarro
1st March 2010, 05:20 PM
Ned Kelly

'nuff said

BrisVegas
1st March 2010, 05:32 PM
Ned Kelly

'nuff said

Nah ned's crap i reckon. :wink:

has he won any ozgolf majors?

sms316
1st March 2010, 05:38 PM
Ned's a fair call. I seriously thought he played off 18 until he told me otherwise.

And this was late into out second game when he set me straight.

MegaWatty
1st March 2010, 05:55 PM
Bushka....26 with a swing like that!

Hux
1st March 2010, 06:03 PM
Can I nominate myself. I should be off 36 the way I am hitting it at present!

Tex
1st March 2010, 06:06 PM
Fine by me just keep it that way until the end of the year :razz:

adlo
1st March 2010, 06:09 PM
Bruce Dickinson.

Swing is pure, hits it a mile and straight. If he put any work into the short game he'd be off 5-6.

ddasey
1st March 2010, 06:14 PM

Fine by me just keep it that way until the end of the year :razz:

What Tex said :mrgreen:

Yossarian
1st March 2010, 06:16 PM
Bruce Dickinson.

Swing is pure, hits it a mile and straight. If he put any work into the short game he'd be off 5-6.

+1

Can we nominate TF? :mrgreen:

mike
1st March 2010, 06:36 PM
Ned Kelly
Cookie

mike
1st March 2010, 06:37 PM
... and haysey

henno
1st March 2010, 06:57 PM
I think I'm with SMS - I don't think Ned's the uber-burgler he's made out to be. He's given me a touch-up a couple of times, but his handicap is far from over-inflated. To me it's a bit like giving jarro shit for being midget, when he really isn't. It's funnier because it's not really accurate. Although I did think the putting with a wedge was a bit suss before I played with Ned, but now I realise it's only because he is no good with an actual putter. ;)

On the other hand Hux should be at least 6 better, and Tex should be about 10 better.

grandmasterb
1st March 2010, 07:21 PM
I've only played with Braddles and Kingslayer and i can say that Braddles "should" be off 2 shots less with how good his swing is but he gets his backside handed to him everytime he plays his old course.

And Matt, well considering the bloke plays once every few months and maintains a handicap around 4 is pretty impressive.

Myself, having just gone to 5 id say i should actually be playing off 10ish with my swing and club selection habits...

markTHEblake
1st March 2010, 07:28 PM
There isnt any burglars in Ozgolf, some people play to their handicaps more often and others just get jealous.

haysey
1st March 2010, 07:41 PM
... and haysey

Yep, I should be off 18 with my swing:oops:

Edit: And Tommo:twisted:

Courty
1st March 2010, 09:49 PM
Bruce. Nice smooth swing and doesn't miss by much. Everytime I've played with him he's beaten his handicap. Maybe I just bring the best out in my playing partners. ;)

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2010, 09:58 PM
I've played with Just a couple of times and he hits it much purer than his handicap indicates. He'd be my first pick for an ambrose day.

Yoss will drop his handicap once he learns course management and plays a few comps. He hits long and solid for a 23 capper.

Aldo has improved heaps in the past 6 months and his handicap is probably 3 or 4 too high. He's gained about 30m on his drives with the swing alterations he was discussing on here.

AndyP
1st March 2010, 10:14 PM
As usual in these threads it's all about the long game dictating the perceived handicap. Chances are most of these guys that you mention, can't chip or putt.

BrisVegas
1st March 2010, 10:19 PM
As usual in these threads it's all about the long game dictating the perceived handicap. Chances are most of these guys that you mention, can't chip or putt.

in that case, I note with pride that nobody has nominated me!:lol:

Hux
1st March 2010, 10:21 PM
I think I'm with SMS - I don't think Ned's the uber-burgler he's made out to be. He's given me a touch-up a couple of times, but his handicap is far from over-inflated. To me it's a bit like giving jarro shit for being midget, when he really isn't. It's funnier because it's not really accurate. Although I did think the putting with a wedge was a bit suss before I played with Ned, but now I realise it's only because he is no good with an actual putter. ;)

On the other hand Hux should be at least 6 better, and Tex should be about 10 better.

lol

Yeah mate I should be off 30 not 36 :mrgreen:

And you are right - Neddy can put a few damn good iron shots into the target but get him on the green and he putts as bad as me. Actually maybe worse from a distance. His 8-12 foot range is a real achilles and reckon he would be off at least a couple better if he cured that...
He is on the other hand an excellent partner in a bet...he was very quick to team up with my old man against Addo and I...two betting sharks in a pond with guppies :smt108

Iain
1st March 2010, 10:23 PM

Wouldn't that be because if you can chip and putt well you'd be playing of a decent hcp??

Eag's
1st March 2010, 10:24 PM
lol

And you are right - Neddy can put a few damn good iron shots into the target but get him on the green and he putts as bad as me. Actually maybe worse from a distance. His 8-12 foot range is a real achilles and reckon he would be off at least a couple better if he cured that...
He is on the other hand an excellent partner in a bet...he was very quick to team up with my old man against Addo and I...two betting sharks in a pond with guppies :smt108

Stevie Wonder putts better than you mate ;)

Hux
1st March 2010, 10:26 PM

Yeah Vegas...he consistently plays to handicap, he obviously has a lot of talent and could be on single figures. If only he could chip.... :mrgreen:

BrisVegas
1st March 2010, 10:26 PM
thanks Moby.

Hux
1st March 2010, 10:27 PM
Stevie Wonder putts better than you mate ;)

Only on short, medium or long ones :mrgreen:

henno
1st March 2010, 10:46 PM
I'll be the first to say your long ones are beauties. Almost anything between 10-30 feet is going to be close enough to the hole. It's the 1-2 footer you're left with where you get all wobbly and the wheels fall off.

Hux
1st March 2010, 10:48 PM
thanks Moby.

Let's face it you aren't special (pronouced with a ghey lisp) enough to make this list :lol:

Your game is too solid to make this list - never seem to have really bad rounds but have a few really good ones that show if you have time/desire you would be playing off less. You will never make the list as a sandbagger!

razaar
2nd March 2010, 03:32 AM
I am surprised that the matchplay lads haven't twigged to the thread starters hidden agenda here. Or is it my suspicious mind at work?
;)

Poor old Ned copped some, unfairly IMO. It takes talent to keep the mind on the game during play and still manage to keep abreast of what is happening in the cyber world.;)

goughy
2nd March 2010, 08:02 AM

You were my first thought BV, but since I haven't seen you play for a while, or anyone for that matter, or myself, I felt it prudent I don't comment.

But you're not a burglar BV. You're the Joker!!!!

Dennis
2nd March 2010, 09:28 AM
sms

no way he is off 1

more like 10

Fishman Dan
2nd March 2010, 10:06 AM
Fishman Dan.

But unlike everyone else who is being named so far, he ain't a burgler.

There aren't enough shots available to me on grown ups courses.

I'd be a solid 22 marker these days. Mind you I putt like a Pro (and I don't even own a Scotty!).

Fishman Dan
2nd March 2010, 10:10 AM
Zig!
His golflink had him at 22 i think, but f me, he couldnt break 100 in 10 go's i reckon!

Perhaps a little unfair. He struck the ball well when we had a game at Chrissy, but he'd driven miles and was just about asleep on his feet by the end of the day.

He struck me as one of those 22 markers who is going to go out one day soon and have 46 points.

virge666
2nd March 2010, 10:43 AM
Haysey would be my pick...

How the hell does he play of 10 - he should be off at least 16 !!

razaar
2nd March 2010, 10:55 AM

It has to be the Lajosi.

Iain
2nd March 2010, 10:59 AM

You mean 7....:shock:

henno
2nd March 2010, 11:02 AM

How the hell does he play off 7 - he should be off at least 16 !!

Fixed. 8-)

solarman
2nd March 2010, 11:03 AM

he's off 7 now and really giving me the craps about it every day

virge666
2nd March 2010, 11:21 AM

You are dead set ****ing kidding me !!!

That is truly an act of God.

So what is Tomson playing off ?? +5 ? And what has he done with my Vokey ?

Topdog
2nd March 2010, 11:37 AM
Bruce Dickinson.

+1

Best ball striker over 3 handicap I have ever seen.

Bloody good with the texas wedge :twisted:

He played the first 4 holes in one under par in our match play.

His swing is smoother then a Hugh grant chat up line.

He won the longest drive with a 274m ( by gps) drive.

Every shot was great to watch except the wedge to the 18 green ( FOUR everyone in the bar ).

11 handicap , must have missed the decimal point between the one's :roll:

haysey
2nd March 2010, 12:29 PM
You are dead set ****ing kidding me !!!

That is truly an act of God.

I've sold my soul to the devil:mrgreen:

So what is Tomson playing off ??

21:wink:

BrisVegas
2nd March 2010, 01:35 PM
off topic i know, but congrats on the hcap haysey! you and I can play each other off the bat now. :cool:

Courty
2nd March 2010, 04:34 PM
Go Dion. 8)

goughy
2nd March 2010, 05:27 PM
So BV and Hasey in a bat off???? :o

Lucasto23
2nd March 2010, 06:52 PM
the horror of it all

haysey
2nd March 2010, 07:22 PM
off topic i know, but congrats on the hcap haysey! you and I can play each other off the bat now. :cool:

Thanks Dion. But a 7 at Brookwater well and truly trumps a 7 at Cairns:wink:

Go Dion. 8)

Wanker:roll:

So BV and Hasey in a bat off???? :o

the horror of it all

Oh the humanity:wink:

Tomson
2nd March 2010, 07:27 PM
Have you cleaned your bag yet????

adlo
2nd March 2010, 07:29 PM
I've played with Just a couple of times and he hits it much purer than his handicap indicates. He'd be my first pick for an ambrose day.

Yoss will drop his handicap once he learns course management and plays a few comps. He hits long and solid for a 23 capper.

Aldo has improved heaps in the past 6 months and his handicap is probably 3 or 4 too high. He's gained about 30m on his drives with the swing alterations he was discussing on here.
Cheers JC. The game has improved, but the lack of comp golf and the occasional brain melt is holding me back from dropping at least a shot or two.

We have discussed Just a few times and I agree. If he sorted out himself on the greens he'd lose some strokes very quickly.

Yoss, well last weekend said it all. 2 stroke rounds and 2 MASSIVE blowout holes. If the comp was stableford, he would have lost 3.9 strokes over 2 days. Instead he lost zip.

Quite often the case. My nomination of Bruce D falls into this category.

Best ball striker over 3 handicap I have ever seen.
His swing is smoother then a Hugh grant chat up line.

That one liner is a classic.... Bruce should throw that one in the sig.
Truth be told, he is one of the best ball strikers I have ever played with. Top 3 I'd say.

haysey
2nd March 2010, 07:32 PM
Have you cleaned your bag yet????

Three words. Go. Get. Can you guess the third:smt013

Tomson
2nd March 2010, 07:34 PM
Three words. Go. Get. Can you guess the third:smt013

Going??? I'm sure what you mean:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
2nd March 2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks Dion. But a 7 at Brookwater well and truly trumps a 7 at Cairns:wink:

err, no it doesn't. That's what the CCR is all about. It's supposed to be a level playing field.

haysey
2nd March 2010, 08:35 PM
err, no it doesn't. That's what the CCR is all about. It's supposed to be a level playing field.

You're right of course. Lets get it on then:wink:

Ferrins
2nd March 2010, 08:48 PM
A 7 handicap at a tricked up course is still a 7 marker. Courses like Brookwater are harder for the uninitiated but with applied course management from local knowledge of the layout it's just the same as anywhere else.

markTHEblake
2nd March 2010, 08:48 PM
Wankers, a bloke has a birdie and he is a scratch golfer now.

Every dog has his day.

Johnny Canuck
2nd March 2010, 10:51 PM

According to Aldo's "Rate your game" thread, about 90 percent of OzGolfers are awesome putters.

It must be the chipping.

Tex
3rd March 2010, 09:03 AM
Wankers, a bloke has a birdie and he is a scratch golfer now.

Every dog has his day.

What's 'a birdie'? :lol:

sms316
7th May 2010, 06:04 PM
The thread starter playing off nine sounds like a con to me.

Lucasto23
7th May 2010, 06:22 PM
Agreed

razaar
7th May 2010, 07:37 PM
The thread starter playing off nine sounds like a con to me.

Isn't he working on reaching 19 and winning everything.;)

Yossarian
7th May 2010, 09:11 PM
Golfnut, getting tour level up and downs off 24!

Ferrins
7th May 2010, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=sms316;477657]The thread starter playing off nine sounds like a con to me.[/QUOT

Off 8 now, 7 soon and 6 if I keep the driver in the boot.

It's too hard to consistently shot high scores so it's back to conventional ideals of shooting lower.

henno
7th May 2010, 09:33 PM
It's too hard to consistently shot high scores

I'll show you how. Just add one part flub and two parts cold top, mix in a bit of custard head and you have the perfect recipe.

idgolfguy
7th May 2010, 09:40 PM
Awesome chipping at times from GN when he's not thinking of mechanics.

Moe Norman
7th May 2010, 09:46 PM
if people are going to keep bumping this thread, can we correct the stupid spelling error in the title please.

It's really annoying me for some reason

henno
7th May 2010, 09:47 PM
if people are going to keep bumping this thread, can we correct the stupid spelling error in the title please.

It's really annoying me for some reason

Finally... Thankyou!

Courty
7th May 2010, 09:54 PM
Title fixed for the spelling nazi's. ;)

mike
7th May 2010, 10:06 PM
Title fixed for the spelling nazi's. ;)Courty please tell me you meant that apostrophe.

henno
7th May 2010, 10:07 PM
Courty please tell me you meant that apostrophe.

I was assuming he did, hence the wink.

mike
7th May 2010, 10:09 PM
I hope he meant it.

Golfnut
8th May 2010, 12:56 AM

Awesome chipping at times from GN when he's not thinking of mechanics.

Cheers lads :D

AndyP
8th May 2010, 06:16 AM
Title fixed for the spelling nazi's. ;)That's abuse of power.

Ferrins
20th June 2010, 07:09 PM
Well done Jarro on the Nudgee win.

Hux
21st June 2010, 06:57 PM
Well done Jarro on the Nudgee win.

Did Jarro go and play a second round yesterday or was there a NAGA for the plate???

:-)

jaybam
21st June 2010, 07:31 PM
Theres no way Hux should be on 21.

MAybe 41 lol ;)

Hux
21st June 2010, 08:10 PM
Cool so does that mean you will give me 31 shots in the MP?

I certainly am not too humble to accept any extras you feel I should have :-)

Courty
21st June 2010, 08:16 PM
A certain large flightless bird native to FNQ has crept in to B Grade. :roll:

jaybam
21st June 2010, 08:18 PM
Cool so does that mean you will give me 31 shots in the MP?

I certainly am not too humble to accept any extras you feel I should have :-)

You saw my game I should be off 51. Lmao so you have to give me ten

henno
21st June 2010, 09:04 PM
I'm liking the banter. This is going to be the best match ever.

Well almost as good as 8-n-7.

Hux
21st June 2010, 09:15 PM
If it was as bad as the Jarro Hux match it will be the drudge match not the grudge match. :-)

Ferrins
23rd June 2010, 10:08 PM
Loving this new handicap system, in 5 rounds I can go from 8 to 13. A shot a round, beautiful.

sms316
4th December 2010, 08:18 PM
Ned's a fair call. I seriously thought he played off 18 until he told me otherwise.

And this was late into out second game when he set me straight.

lol

Erase the above. We've been had.

A certain 13 marker beat me by 3 off the stick today (which admittedly wasn't difficult) at Bribie Island. He only won the comp by 6 shots.

Goldy
4th December 2010, 08:19 PM
Doin some dredging tonight SMS?

Ferrins
4th December 2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah fk off out of my old threads cart man.

sms316
4th December 2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah fk off out of my old threads cart man.

You out to 17 yet?

I was searching for this thread and found the other on the way.

Now to search for the "head injuries sustained on a golf course" thread.

Ferrins
4th December 2010, 08:31 PM
Since sharing a room with you at the champs I have found that going down is the way to go. Just got to learn how to stop choking, could ask AndyP about that.

Hux
4th December 2010, 09:15 PM
Erase the above. We've been had.

A certain 13 marker beat me by 3 off the stick today (which admittedly wasn't difficult) at Bribie Island. He only won the comp by 6 shots.

He didn't win the comp at all .... Monthly Medal..no win....I came 2nd after all of that.

I thought you were going to fire today Shaun...right up until you cold topped your drive on the first hole

sms316
5th December 2010, 11:06 AM
He didn't win the comp at all .... Monthly Medal..no win....I came 2nd after all of that.

What is the point of allowing visitors in the competition field if they can't win? NK was robbed.

LeftyHoges
5th December 2010, 04:29 PM
What is the point of allowing visitors in the competition field if they can't win? NK was robbed.

This is a serious bone of contention with me too. My old club, where I was once captain had this policy too.

I announced the visitor as the winner of the monthly medal during presentations anyway, nothing anyone could do once the bloke had the trophy in his hands!! ;)

sms316
5th December 2010, 04:34 PM
It is pretty simple. Give the visitor the prize of the day and give the highest placed member the Monthly Medal. It's no different to an amateur winning the Australian Open.

Hux
5th December 2010, 08:54 PM

Agreed...I will see whether he gets a club prize of some sort. If they take your comp fees you have to be eligible to win something surely...otherwise refund the cash!!

Ned
5th December 2010, 08:56 PM
Agreed...I will see whether I can score myself a prize for his efforts. If they take your comp fees you have to be eligible to win something surely...otherwise refund the cash!!

Fixed it!:razz:

:wink:

sms316
7th October 2011, 09:21 PM
dc68 off 5. Farce.

Even more farcical is that he can get out to 6 with 3 more rounds.

dc68
7th October 2011, 09:37 PM
I don't think I can squeeze 3 in :(

Ned
7th October 2011, 09:39 PM
Did you get an answer out of Shavey when you were asking if Coolum was a cap round ?

dc68
7th October 2011, 09:41 PM
No.. Who cares really?

Ned
7th October 2011, 09:42 PM
You did.

sms316
10th August 2012, 01:38 PM
dc68 off 5. Farce.

Even more farcical is that he can get out to 6 with 3 more rounds.
Must be champs time again. :smt011

Could be off 6 for Pelican.

dc68
10th August 2012, 01:50 PM
Do you have these threads bookmarked?

JADO75
10th August 2012, 05:58 PM
Jado, I've seen me play & there's no way I should be off 6!

davepuppies
10th August 2012, 07:32 PM
Jado, I've seen me play & there's no way I should be off 6!

Mate, you play like you are off 1 or 21......

Seen both ends of the spectrum.......

live4golf
10th August 2012, 07:37 PM
Mate, you play like you are off 1 or 21......

Seen both ends of the spectrum.......

didn't you turn a couple under at Glenmore?

davepuppies
10th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Was talking about Jado....... He hits it like a pro sometimes, he went like 4 under through 5 holes......

And sometimes he doesn't.......

davepuppies
10th August 2012, 07:54 PM
And yes, I did blaze the front nine and chop up the back nine!!!!!

JADO75
10th August 2012, 07:59 PM
Having a $2 head doesn't help me, settling on a driver/ shaft combo wouldn't hurt either. Golf is the winner!
Turds or diamonds for the both us at the moment mate

popper81
10th August 2012, 11:36 PM
Mate, you play like you are off 1 or 21......Seen both ends of the spectrum....... This is all us choppers off between 4-8.... Brilliant and horrible, quite often in the same hole ;)

Courty
11th August 2012, 05:52 AM
This is all us choppers off between 4-8.... Brilliant and horrible, quite often in the same hole ;)

:smt006

dc68
11th August 2012, 06:37 AM
+1

BrisVegas
11th August 2012, 07:13 AM
+ eleventy billion.

blurry
11th August 2012, 09:30 AM
This is all us choppers off between 4-8.... Brilliant and horrible, quite often in the same hole ;)
and here I am thinking I'm the only one](*,)

Captain Nemo
14th August 2012, 05:03 PM
Makes me feel better, im 1 outside that range!
:smt044

sms316
30th October 2012, 09:40 AM
A match between Shadesy and NK would be very interesting.

:wink:

Ashes
30th October 2012, 09:50 AM
Having a hit with NK has given me something to aspire to. If I can develop into half the sandbagger he is I'll be happy! :)

TourFit
30th October 2012, 10:21 AM
Hopefully he has sent some of his snadbags to New York? Somehow I doubt it.

sms316
30th October 2012, 10:24 AM
Hopefully he has sent some of his snadbags to New York? Somehow I doubt it. Is that supposed to be "sandbags" or "nadsbags"? I guess it depends on if you are talking about NK or Shadesy.

LeftyHoges
30th October 2012, 12:16 PM
This thread should have the yellow WA prefix in front of it.

TourFit
30th October 2012, 12:46 PM
With matching yellow hat, belt and shoes?

LeftyHoges
30th October 2012, 12:50 PM
With matching yellow hat, belt and shoes?

That's what your Nullarbor Cup outfits should have been. Might've given you boys the kick in the arse you clearly needed! ;-)

Very disappointed no one wore something similar the next two days to say, THIS IS WA!

TourFit
30th October 2012, 03:51 PM
Like the pink belt and hat that said you are an Arsenal fan?

LeftyHoges
30th October 2012, 03:59 PM
Like the pink belt and hat that said you are an Arsenal fan?

You just consider yourself very, very lucky that you have blokes like Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg to help you out...

Ah yes, that didn't take long. 20422

TourFit
31st October 2012, 11:09 AM
GOLD!! Well played Lefty :lol:

Ivanovic had to go, Torres was sure unlucky (though he still dived and made a meal of it, he didn't deserve that). It spoiled what was a good game. Clattenburg is a twat, and Ferguson has had 'issues' with him in the past.

Good signing though!

TourFit
31st October 2012, 11:09 AM

meh
31st October 2012, 11:37 AM
You just consider yourself very, very lucky that you have blokes like Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg to help you out...

Ah yes, that didn't take long. 20422
x 100000000000000000.

LeftyHoges
31st October 2012, 11:42 AM
x 100000000000000000.

And you poor buggers... :cry:

Takes a lot for me to say that. Very unlucky.

TourFit
31st October 2012, 11:43 AM
Blues fan, meh?

heheheheheheheheh

meh
31st October 2012, 11:49 AM
Blues fan, meh?

heheheheheheheheh

Liverpool. David Moyes is looking more and more like the next manure manager. He's now doing the "complain before the match so you get the critical calls go your way" I wonder which fellow Scot prick he got that idea from?!?

TourFit
31st October 2012, 12:18 PM
Moyes will also likely be the next Utd manager after Fergie quits (dies)...a big call, but watch this space!

Everton are playin' some good football at the moment though, give them that. But Liverpool certainly should've won that game! They should concentrate more on football and not television!

Shadesy
12th November 2012, 10:28 PM
Out to 12 now... Oops.

Could have won the champs by 4!

Ferrins
12th November 2012, 10:39 PM
Both champs are off 12 now.

dc68
13th November 2012, 08:18 AM
****ing 12!!!! How the **** Heath?!?!?? You are a damn bandit.

Johnny Canuck
13th November 2012, 09:10 AM

I was hoping you would see his post.

LeftyHoges
13th November 2012, 09:29 AM
No way in hell you're playing off 12 for the VIC champs! Don't even think about it.

If you can make it you're instantly off 9! I'm putting my foot down.

Webster
13th November 2012, 09:29 AM
Out to 12 now... Oops.

Could have won the champs by 4!

Starting the tanking a little early in seach of back-to-back aren't you?

Shadesy
13th November 2012, 10:21 AM
Starting the tanking a little early in seach of back-to-back aren't you?

Like any good pre season preparation starts immediately.

Combination of a horror run and lots of single figure "played too" dropping off.

Won't go up any more and have about 10 no flag rounds in a row coming up. Plan is to get to 7.

dc68
13th November 2012, 12:11 PM
I was hoping you would see his post.

=;

TourFit
13th November 2012, 01:04 PM
12...F**k me sideways, Shadesy?

I'm not playing skins on Thursday (if you can make it!)

idgolfguy
13th November 2012, 04:45 PM
I'm still off 15 for our MP if the esteemed champ can't make it.

MegaWatty
15th November 2012, 11:17 PM
Out to 12 now... Oops.Could have won the champs by 4! Nice anchor drop today!

Shadesy
15th November 2012, 11:20 PM
Nice anchor drop today!

;-)

Wipe on 17, 3 putt on 18 to sneak just under getting back to 11.

MegaWatty
15th November 2012, 11:25 PM
Stupid greens!

Golfnut
15th November 2012, 11:28 PM
;-)Wipe on 17, 3 putt on 18 to sneak just under getting back to 11. 'Managed' well Shades.

Webster
16th November 2012, 07:26 AM
;-)

Wipe on 17, 3 putt on 18 to sneak just under getting back to 11.

You have no shame.

Yossarian
16th November 2012, 12:48 PM
Megawatty is set to redefine this concept soon.

MegaWatty
16th November 2012, 12:54 PM
I hate you.

Yossarian
16th November 2012, 01:06 PM
:smt060

LeftyHoges
21st August 2013, 10:19 AM
Liverpool. David Moyes is looking more and more like the next manure manager. He's now doing the "complain before the match so you get the critical calls go your way" I wonder which fellow Scot prick he got that idea from?!?

Moyes will also likely be the next Utd manager after Fergie quits (dies)...a big call, but watch this space!

Everton are playin' some good football at the moment though, give them that. But Liverpool certainly should've won that game! They should concentrate more on football and not television!

Well picked Gents.

LeftyHoges
21st August 2013, 10:22 AM

Before playing with me... 16

After playing with me... 7

I inspired him. :lol:

Yossarian
21st August 2013, 10:23 AM

Lol.

dc68
1st September 2013, 07:11 PM
I'm now out to 7 gonna give the bandit a run.

mike
1st September 2013, 07:26 PM
Which one?

dc68
1st September 2013, 07:43 PM
Shadesy

goughy
1st September 2013, 09:06 PM
I'm now out to 7 gonna give the bandit a run.

You are seriously not off 7? Jeeze, my best was only 3 shots off you, the is no way I should ever in my life have been within cooee of you.

dc68
1st September 2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah Dean just can't seem to get it around these days without having 2/3 doubles. Stupid thing is I can't remember hitting it better off the tee with driver.

sms316
21st November 2013, 11:52 AM
Loving this new handicap system, in 5 rounds I can go from 8 to 13. A shot a round, beautiful. Bump.

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 11:56 AM
So many OZgolfers to list in this thread, so little time.

Lagerlover
21st November 2013, 11:57 AM
So many OZgolfers to list in this thread, so little time. Agree, what do you think I should I go out to Lefty?

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 12:07 PM
Agree, what do you think I should I go out to Lefty?

Hmmm, lets see now.

Hits driver longer than me? Check.
Hits driver straighter than me? Check.
Can hit irons well? Check.
Can get up and down consistently? Check.
Not bad with the flat-stick? Check.

I'd say you should be off around 11 or 12. Until...

Ability to curve a ball 45° off the clubhead and around trees at the drop of a hat? Checkaroo!

Given that is such a specialist skill I can see you off 8 or 9 no probs.

mrbluu
21st November 2013, 12:10 PM
I put my hand up for being the worse 6 marker in Ozgolf.....

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 12:19 PM

Did you not just post in a different thread that you should have shot under at the Glades?

Hmmm... :-k

mrbluu
21st November 2013, 12:25 PM
Did you not just post in a different thread that you should have shot under at the Glades?

Hmmm... :-k

The Glades to me is an easy course, especially off the tees we played and the soft conditions. It suits my eye and my game, plus it was like my 5th round there. I love Greg Norman designed courses. Get me on a course that is tight and I'm stuffed.

I walked off Royal Pines not knowing if I would break 30 points for the rest of the weekend.

matty
21st November 2013, 12:29 PM
This thread was made for Dave Puppies.

Better start playing a lot of comp before the next champs ;-)

davepuppies
21st November 2013, 01:41 PM
This thread was made for Dave Puppies.

Better start playing a lot of comp before the next champs ;-)

What?

I am a honest 10 marker......

Waddzy
21st November 2013, 01:47 PM
I obviously cant play to 13.. I need to go back to C grade.

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 02:20 PM

You're just a champs virgin mate, it gets easier the more you go to.

Yossarian
21st November 2013, 02:23 PM
Canuck. Off 6 soon. Disgraceful.

PeteyD
21st November 2013, 02:24 PM
You're just a champs virgin mate, it gets easier the more you got to.

bullshit

popper81
21st November 2013, 02:31 PM

Somebody has mentioned this but alignment sticks are your friends.

sms316
21st November 2013, 02:45 PM
Canuck. Off 6 soon. Disgraceful. Probably proud of it too.

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 02:46 PM
Canuck. Off 6 soon. Disgraceful.

:shock:

That's as criminal as Shadesy off 12.

bullshit

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PeteyD
21st November 2013, 02:47 PM

Yea I could do with some and a lesson on how to use them.

Waddzy
21st November 2013, 03:24 PM
Your only the 5th person to suggest this.. Is my alignment that bad? I may need to make an investment..

mrbluu
21st November 2013, 03:26 PM
Your only the 5th person to suggest this.. Is my alignment that bad? I may need to make an investment..

yes and no, positive side of things, the ball goes where you aim it.....

markTHEblake
21st November 2013, 07:44 PM
Your only the 5th person to suggest this.. Is my alignment that bad? I may need to make an investment..Alignment is overrated. Have you seen how far left the Champ sets up?

Lagerlover
21st November 2013, 07:54 PM
Alignment is overrated. Have you seen how far left the Champ sets up?

What is it with you??
If you can't link religion, you find a way to go political..

Rodent
21st November 2013, 07:56 PM
Now that I'm off 5, you can be the worst 6 marker. I definitely had you covered before I lost a shot :lol:

Courty
21st November 2013, 07:56 PM
What is it with you??
If you can't link religion, you find a way to go political..

:lol:

AndyP
21st November 2013, 08:46 PM
Lefty, should I be off 10 or 11?

mrbluu
21st November 2013, 08:48 PM
Now that I'm off 5, you can be the worst 6 marker. I definitely had you covered before I lost a shot :lol: Challenge accepted....actually I've been there and done that

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 11:09 PM
Lefty, should I be off 10 or 11?

Chop it off mate, no part of your game says double digits. Admittedly Saturdays course wasn't hard, but you were a 4-jiggle (my new favourite term BTW, thanks to whoever mentioned this in my presence) away from 36 points. With a ball in the piss on the same hole and a knifed 50 yard shot on 7 causing double. Bring those back to bogey and you've shot 7 over without breaking a sweat.

I must say though, you are definitely my lucky charm. 38 points @ Spring Valley in horrid conditions, and 37 @ The Glades where I could've, and in hindsight should've, gone red. Don't be surprised if you're in my group in the first round in Feb! ;-)

(Hooray, says AndyP)

PeteyD
21st November 2013, 11:21 PM
Does that make AP the lucky rabbits foot to go with the bunny?

LeftyHoges
21st November 2013, 11:37 PM
Does that make AP the lucky rabbits foot to go with the bunny?

I'm collecting the whole set!

AndyP
22nd November 2013, 07:56 AM
Ha!