PDA

View Full Version : My Bargain Driver?

Bushka
1st March 2010, 10:03 AM
I am pretty new to the game(the past year) but practice quiet a bit due to working close to home and living right near my club :)

I picked up a cheap as chips driver, a MacGregor 460MT for about 75 Bucks off greysonline.

Firstly i'm starting to hit the ball more consistently and the only thing that seems to be holding me back from dropping my handicap (26) is i never get to play comp more than once every few months.

Is this driver rubbish and should i be upgrading it? It seems solid enough but I've never hit anything else.

Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong area.

henno
1st March 2010, 10:19 AM
It's a fine club. I didn't think the shaft was much chop, but I now have one in X-flex that goes pretty good.

75 bucks would be about the going rate though. I paid 80 for mine brand new. (I actually paid $US35, but shipping and what not.)

Bushka
1st March 2010, 10:22 AM
Ok. The shafts an Adilla DVS s 75?

Is this worth reshafting? Or should i upgrade when i eventually get to that point

Thanks by the way.

henno
1st March 2010, 10:36 AM
Just use it. Lots of people like the DVS, just not me. As long as you don't fight a slice, that driver head is as good as any.

Bushka
1st March 2010, 10:37 AM
Cheers mate :)

razaar
1st March 2010, 10:43 AM
Excellent value for $75 Bush, I had a sesson with a Mate's 18 months ago and was impressed. The issue is...is your swing good enough for the club.

oncewasagolfer
1st March 2010, 10:55 AM
I had one for a while then sold it to a mate he is absolutely smashing it it did have a different shaft to the stock version though. Is a good club if your bad shot is a hook.

Bushka
1st March 2010, 11:00 AM
Excellent value for $75 Bush, I had a sesson with a Mate's 18 months ago and was impressed. The issue is...is your swing good enough for the club.

True that's my issue too :)

I'm trying to post my swing up on the swing forum having issues editing the footage from my video IPOD at present will get it up soon i hope. Then you guys can give me the lowdown :)

Bushka
1st March 2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=452168#post452168

Posted links to my swing vid there.

Thanks for the feedback guys very welcoming here.