PDA

View Full Version : JAYBAM - A star in the making

Hux
26th February 2010, 08:18 PM
John

You got a decent amount of play on the Nine News broadcast mate.

Good luck with the action mate = Fighting for your job. :smt038

ddasey
26th February 2010, 08:23 PM
S#%t

I thought that was Zig. :mrgreen:

Eag's
26th February 2010, 08:33 PM
What did I miss??

jaybam
26th February 2010, 08:34 PM
You coppers dont miss much do you lol :)

Hux
26th February 2010, 10:23 PM
Jaybam and his workmates are rising against their money hungry corporate leaders to try and stay employed and keep a roof over their heads is how I took it.

Hux
26th February 2010, 10:24 PM
PS Not sure why as Jaybam doesn't look like he would take much to feed... :-)

And John...Trained observer mate....

ddasey
26th February 2010, 10:29 PM
And John...Trained observer mate....

:smt044

Ned
27th February 2010, 08:24 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/26/2831185.htm

:smt038

jaybam
27th February 2010, 08:32 AM
Lol the police so far have been fantastic. The company has tried lots of nit picking things of which the police have just shrugged it off and laughed pretty much. They are happy with our behaviour. Also Hux the main thing we would like to know is when?? They keep giving dates then changing their minds. Lots of people that work there dont have many skills and we have a range of government funded courses they can do because they are being made redundant. The problem with that is you cant apply till you get your redundancy letter and the intake for this year into these courses needs to be finalised by June.Makes it pretty hard to organise anything.

Hux
27th February 2010, 09:23 AM
And I expect that is the level of interaction you will continue to see. The old SEQEB protests were a hard lesson for us as an organisation. Being used as a pawn and in the end the people who copped the bad press.

Legitimate industrial action should not require policing - it distracts from the real issue - but makes great media unfortunately.

During a Xmas stop work issue recently I just called the relevant organiser...asked what was happening in our area, told them what was unacceptable...ie stopping traffic, impinging on traffic on the road etc and asked for them to consider we are an extremely busy area that would not want to have to drain resources policing their industrial action. All very friendly and cooperative. We do not take sides is the rule.

And Ddasey...>DET - you never lose the qualification. Unlike SP :razz: :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
27th February 2010, 11:59 AM
Jaybam, does Sigma make research products?
what happens if/when the factory closes, relocating offshore or closing business?

jaybam
27th February 2010, 12:10 PM
Mate their R and D department are being moved to the Mansfield offices. They already have started bringing a lot of their products from India. Think they do over 100 products over there now across the Sigma / Herron range of products. So if you buy them for the Australian made/ Australian owned crap they go on about think again. Yes a handful of products are still made and packaged here but not many.

Jarro
27th February 2010, 01:19 PM
Good luck with it all JB