PDA

View Full Version : Impact Bag - Just how good are they?

IanO
26th February 2010, 11:39 AM
I have just started lessons with my club pro and he has had me hit an impact bag a couple of times. My understanding is that it is to help ensure that you come back to square at the moment of impact.

I am interested in opinions as to its value as I am thinking of getting one to add to my collection of training aids (mainly putting aids to date)

Baudwalker
26th February 2010, 12:08 PM
I have just started lessons with my club pro and he has had me hit an impact bag a couple of times. My understanding is that it is to help ensure that you come back to square at the moment of impact.

I am interested in opinions as to its value as I am thinking of getting one to add to my collection of training aids (mainly putting aids to date)

Way back whan my body still worked like I currently "imagine:roll:" it does I was given the same task. Only nothing as flash as an "impact bag". His version was a discarded golf buggy tyre. Stand up, address it, and away you go:shock:.

Then to make sure the hands were following through he would move it forward of me and make me bury the toe of the club into it.:smt093

No doubt cheaper than a special bag but no idea if it is better.:lol:

Ah the things we do for golf!!!!!:-k

virge666
26th February 2010, 12:21 PM
Grab an old or cheap bag from Target or Kmart.

Fill bag with everything soft from canvas to clothing to sand to belts from around the house. A Raid on a St Vinnies bin is always good for this.

___Instant Impact Bag____

Last tip is to use cloth tape/Gaffa tape to cover the impact point, these always split even with new proper impact bags.

GET ONE !!

IanO
26th February 2010, 12:56 PM
Excellent!! Now on the hunt for one. I like the idea of the cheap model.

dhills2
26th February 2010, 01:48 PM
There's one on ebay atm and I'm winning at $6 but it has days and days left. I just put a bid on because it is located near my office.

IanO
26th February 2010, 02:04 PM
I just found a voucher for $50 from Drummonds that someone gave me for Christmas, so I might drop in there for it as I don't need anything else from them.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
26th February 2010, 02:28 PM
Im thinking of getting one too. dhills, here I come. Nah, just kidding. I'll likely go the kmart/st vinnies way.

But, do they really help with regards to the swing?

dhills2
26th February 2010, 02:31 PM
GBWG, you're welcome to chase the one on the Bay if you want... I probably won't bid again :)

GolfBallWhackerGuy
26th February 2010, 02:58 PM
Nah, its okay dhills. I was looking to get one over the weekend so i can release some inner frustrations on.

dhills2
26th February 2010, 03:04 PM
Haha, my inner frustrations stem from a sore back which is keeping me off the course so I can't even release them into an impact bag at the moment... might have to just yell randomly at strangers instead.

chappy1970
26th February 2010, 03:22 PM
I bought one some time ago with the intention of using it at home a lot as I don't the chance to get to the course or practice facility as much as I 'd like.

This thread reminds me to get it out and have a go.

Note...I was told not to fill it with sand, just clothes or towels.

IanO
26th February 2010, 04:26 PM
Note...I was told not to fill it with sand, just clothes or towels.
Absolutely ... unless you are looking for some wrist and elbow problems :D

GolfBallWhackerGuy
26th February 2010, 04:51 PM
Wrist problems? LoL