PDA

View Full Version : Is it poor form to sell clubs from The Pro Shop?

MegaWatty
25th February 2010, 11:52 PM
I know it's an open marketplace, but is it regarded as poor form to move clubs through another forum a week or so after receiving them as a trade or is it all fair play? FWIW, I was trying to help someone get the clubs they need and did a trade rather than selling them myself and now they are for sale elsewhere at a premium price. Just curious.

markTHEblake
25th February 2010, 11:57 PM
Go to the thread that you sold them in and post a link to the for sale thread elsewhere.
and just let what happens, happens.

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 12:01 AM
It was all pretty much done via PM. Someone wanted some blades, I offered them and took a trade.

Just curious as to whether I should feel a little miffed. I'm not after a blow up, because it could truly get to that.

They are MP67s.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 12:39 AM
If they were selling at a higher price than you sold them for, for sure.

In a trade, different story, in my opinion.

There hasn't been any actual value placed on the clubs, so you can't really say that the new seller is profiting on the transaction.

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 12:41 AM
Fair enough. Cheers.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 12:53 AM
The 67's never had a "value" so it's tough to say that he is selling at a profit.

How much did he pay for the clubs that he traded is the question that needs to be asked.

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 01:02 AM
I think you answered my question with your first post mate. I'll just suck it up.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 01:09 AM
Just my thoughts. I'd be curious to see what the more experienced sellers say.

adlo
26th February 2010, 03:31 AM
IMO Zig has shown very poor form on this one

Peter
26th February 2010, 07:00 AM
In many of the transactions here buyers get 'mates rates'. This is one of the benefits of being part of a community like ozgolf, and as such I believe it is poor form to buy clubs here at a good price only to quickly move them on elsewhere for a premium.

(unless you're planning to give the seller some of the profit ;))

If I were selling clubs that I had just received through a trade I would probably contact the person I got them from and see if they wanted them back before selling elsewhere.

3oneday
26th February 2010, 07:12 AM
I dunno, if you're happy with the price or deal you got, I really think you should suck it up.

I've sold quite a bit of gear here that has sold on ebay later for more, but at the end of the day if I'm happy to let it go for what I did and didn't try for more elsewhere, then who's fault is that ?

Webster
26th February 2010, 07:16 AM
I agree with 3OD, once you have let them go it doesn't matter. Unless they are resold in the same place at a higher price.

Jarro
26th February 2010, 07:23 AM
That's the real point.

Don't try and onsell at the same place of purchase (here) for a higher price.

If you can get a better deal elsewhere then go for it

AndyP
26th February 2010, 07:45 AM
I think they should at least be used for a bit by the buyer or else it looks like they are clearly trying to make a profit from you.

mint
26th February 2010, 07:48 AM
i agree with jack mate. he got a set of blades you got a set of MP67s .. what you do with them now is your choice..

i would sell them (as long as its not in the same marketplace) without even thinking about it.

henno
26th February 2010, 07:52 AM
I think it's shit form. If it gets put on ebay for $1 and gets bid up to a high price, that's fine in my view. But to list them at a profit (even an "assumed" profit as in this case) not long after the original deal is a dog act.

Caveat Venditor; but I have a long memory and a short temper so these sorts of things are not easily forgotten.

TheTrueReview
26th February 2010, 08:04 AM
Megawatty, my view ... it was poor form. You're entitled to be miffed.

Iain
26th February 2010, 08:42 AM
Is anyone really that surprised? Poor form really?

Where has he been lately?

Coffs_Hacker
26th February 2010, 08:51 AM
Its not the first time this has happened and wont be the last, I know few guys on here have stopped offering up some awsome gear at good prices because of this very thing happening. Someone gets a good price and its on BSG, WRX within 24hrs. Personally name and shame so no one else sells to them.

Sydney Hacker
26th February 2010, 08:56 AM
Its not the first time this has happened and wont be the last, I know few guys on here have stopped offering up some awsome gear at good prices because of this very thing happening. Someone gets a good price and its on BSG, WRX within 24hrs. Personally name and shame so no one else sells to them.

That's probably the best thing isn't it ? If everyone refuses to trade/sell with them in the future the problem will go away.

Jarro
26th February 2010, 09:02 AM
Maybe we need a feedback rating for Pro-Shop sellers ?

KristianJ
26th February 2010, 09:04 AM

I've seen plenty of forums where sticky threads are in place for people to comment on good sellers and and bad sellers (usually 1 for each). Easy enough to scan through and pick out the names of people that can be trusted

WBennett
26th February 2010, 09:19 AM
Its not poor form to on sell clubs that don't work for you. Its poor form to on-sell at any sort of markup though

Bring on the public naming and shaming file!

3oneday
26th February 2010, 09:23 AM
I have a question MW, have you PM'd him to ask him or did you think it better to rile everyone up in a thread about it first ?

Webster
26th February 2010, 09:38 AM
Once you sell them they are no longer yours. If you weren't happy with the price you got, you wouldn't have let them go in the first place. Take the cash, shed a tear if you have to then move on and buy somethign else. If the buyer flicks them, then its none of anyones business.

I couldn't care less if, say, benno relists the RAC LT's at a premium and another ozgolfer buys them. I got what I wanted so I have no issue with it at all.

What I would like however is that if someone is going to start a thread like this, that they state ALL the facts in the first post, name the person who they sold them to and where they re-appeared etc.

henno
26th February 2010, 09:45 AM
It depends if they are a stranger or known to you. If I sold my house to a someone unknown to me only to see it listed for sale for $100K more a week later, that'd be no big deal. If I sold my house to a friend/work colleague/family member and they listed it a week later for a $100K premium I'd be pissed.

There are things to consider: what is permissible and what is right. The latter is subjective of course; knowingly making a profit from those you know is simply not right in my view.

kpac
26th February 2010, 09:45 AM
To each their own - i've sold some gear on here for stuff all, and i'm sure it's been below 'value'. However - i sold because i had excess gear (due mainly to buying too much stuff at good prices on here)

I could have got more $ - yes, however i did not want;
1. hassle
2. time
3. effort
and thus happy to sell it on to members here, at what was good prices.
If they flog it off later - then so be it.
I'm not going to blame them- if i was after maximum profit, i'd go to the effort myself.

As with purchasing on here - i buy clubs at good prices, that people want to offload, i've got so much shite sitting at home it's ridiculous, and whenever i play with mates, they often ask if i've got a spare driver/putter/wedge that they can try. Sometime they buy it off me, sometimes it becomes permanent loan. Sometimes it wastes both our time. Regardless, if it's being sold on here, then the owner no-longer wants it, you can't be 'precious' about it.

backintheswing
26th February 2010, 09:52 AM
What did you trade for the MP-67's?

Captain Nemo
26th February 2010, 09:52 AM
I know it's an open marketplace, but is it regarded as poor form to move clubs through another forum a week or so after receiving them as a trade or is it all fair play? FWIW, I was trying to help someone get the clubs they need and did a trade rather than selling them myself and now they are for sale elsewhere at a premium price. Just curious.

No.
Share the love i say!:smt060
Thats the beauty of buying /selling on here, you know you are probably getting good quality and authentic gear, rather than the bay.
Just dont expect to sell for more than what you paid etc...

idgolfguy
26th February 2010, 09:58 AM
I don't believe it is right morally, to knowingly make a large profit on someone else's good graces especially if you know them. However, we go back to the adage, possession is 9/10 of the law.

He owns them and they are his to do with. I don't think a public 'name and shame' is called for. Just don't do business with them again.

just
26th February 2010, 10:00 AM
Once you sell them they are no longer yours. If you weren't happy with the price you got, you wouldn't have let them go in the first place. Take the cash, shed a tear if you have to then move on and buy somethign else. If the buyer flicks them, then its none of anyones business.
I tend to agree with this if you are coming at this from a truly commercial transaction perspective. I know Jack works on this principle. However most tend not to work on a purely commercial basis, reducing prices based on 'mates rates', approaching this as more of friendly transaction. Jacks approach above will never work in that situation because there is an emotional element involved.

What I would like however is that if someone is going to start a thread like this, that they state ALL the facts in the first post, name the person who they sold them to and where they re-appeared etc.
I certainly agree with this. Don't post unless you are willing to put all the information on the table.

Captain Nemo
26th February 2010, 10:04 AM

Thats a good idea.:smt038
thecameroncollector.com has one set up, works quite well.

virge666
26th February 2010, 10:09 AM

+1

You sold them for a price.

You can't cry later on because someone moved them on for a better price. It is an open market and timing is usually everything.

Webster
26th February 2010, 10:14 AM
well said virge.

henno, if you are stupid enough to sell your house for $100k under its market value then you deserve all the pain in the world.

As the ProShop here doesn't operate as an auction site, it is ALWAYS the seller who sets the price (even in those stupid EOI threads). The seller is therefore never locked into selling at a giveaway price unless they want to.

razaar
26th February 2010, 10:18 AM
One of the issues with moving items on which have been purchased from other forums, is using the same description spiel, which in some cases can be inaccurate. In most cases this is done for convenience not to deceive, nevertheless sellers on the forum should make every effort to get the description right before posting a 'for sale'.

3oneday
26th February 2010, 10:25 AM
One of the issues with moving items on which have been purchased from other forums, is using the same description spiel, which in some cases can be inaccurate. In most cases this is done for convenience not to deceive, nevertheless sellers on the forum should make every effort to get the description right before posting a 'for sale'.

:confused: thanks raz.

;)

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 10:39 AM
It's cool lads. I wasn't trying to get everyone over excited. I've accepted that it's ok way back near the start of the thread. With the way I am and making purchases at the drop of the hat, I wanted to know if it was acceptable.

Eg, I bought some DG Lites that I now realise are soft soft soft shafts. I paid 60 bucks for them, and will have to move them on either here or elsewhere. Although I don't think I'll make much, if any coin on them, I just need to know the right thing to do.

So the way I'm going to do it is to PM the seller and let them know I've made an error in the purchase and that I'm going to move them on. I'll probably even give them
the option to buy them back.

I don't think I've been involved in much Ozgolf controversy and didn't set out to start another one of 'those threads'. I can see how it may look like that though. Thanks fir your input.

Excuse any spelling errors. That's a long post on the iPhone. :)

henno
26th February 2010, 10:39 AM
henno, if you are stupid enough to sell your house for $100k under its market value then you deserve all the pain in the world.

Jack, I'm not talking about undervaluing I'm talking about intent. If I sold a house under market value to a mate, the loss is my issue and one that I'm willing to accept. If he sold it a week later to make a profit that shows obvious intent to make a quick buck off my mistake. He's entitled to that money but I'd question whether he is entitled to my friendship any more.

Webster
26th February 2010, 10:49 AM
henno, buddy, give me a call next time you are selling any property.

AndyP
26th February 2010, 10:56 AM
Jack, I'm not talking about undervaluing I'm talking about intent. If I sold a house under market value to a mate, the loss is my issue and one that I'm willing to accept. If he sold it a week later to make a profit that shows obvious intent to make a quick buck off my mistake. He's entitled to that money but I'd question whether he is entitled to my friendship any more.The rest of your mates wouldn't sell them a house at mate's rates after that either.

kpac
26th February 2010, 11:18 AM
nah - sorry i'm with jack on this one.... if one of my mates is selling me a house 100k under what i think i could get for it, i would;
a)buy it
b)sell it
c)apologise and take them for a night on the piss

mate or otherwise - someone stood to make money in the transaction, may as well have been me!
As for golf clubs, they can just accumulate at home, i won't be retiring off club profit anytime soon - in fact i'd hate to think how much i've outlaid as opposed to return on my clubs.

zigwah
26th February 2010, 11:35 AM
A pm would have been nice if this is the way you felt.

you traded a set of MP-67's with S300 Shafts and you got a set of x20 tours with KBS shafts all not far from new.

I paid $568 for the x20's and then put in a set of $200+ plus KBS shafts in them i sold the project x shafts for 140 bux you do the math.

Who got the bargain? how much was originally paid for the 67's after they were the wrong clubs sent?

Pm should have been sent and this would have been the reply.

the clubs are not sold, so would you like to trade them back?

Poor form shown by a few in this thread through prejudice, poor form to member who named me.

The clubs were traded, if your happy with the trade, don't start threads about someones integrity.

there were no prices on the items it was a trade and i am extremely disappointed that my name has been dragged through the mud yet again.

I doubt Megawatty was the one that came up with the thread idea, it was probably Adlow, because he seemed to not hesitate to put my name out there.

The real question now is why this was started, maybe because it was certain WA ankers that got told to pull there heads in werent happy so they've tried a different angle which i think had backfired big time no suck it up boys.

cheers

Zig

BTW not that its anyone elses business i put these on another forum to guage interest and see what sort o deal i got, which i would not have sooked about in an open forum after i got the results.

I am keeping the clubs they have already soft stepped, and i was happy with the trade i got.

Enjoy

3oneday
26th February 2010, 11:41 AM
I am keeping the clubs

nah, you lost me right here !

:lol:

MegaWatty
26th February 2010, 11:41 AM
No conspiracy. No names mentioned. And as I said, I understand all is fair.

zigwah
26th February 2010, 11:45 AM
my name was put in this thread, to tell you the truth i don't care i need to get off the ho train, but was it has done is shine a spotlight in several different directions.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 11:47 AM
A pm would have been nice if this is the way you felt.

you traded a set of MP-67's with S300 Shafts and you got a set of x20 tours with KBS shafts all not far from new.

I paid $568 for the x20's and then put in a set of $200+ plus KBS shafts in them i sold the project x shafts for 140 bux you do the math.

Who got the bargain? how much was originally paid for the 67's after they were the wrong clubs sent?

Pm should have been sent and this would have been the reply.

the clubs are not sold, so would you like to trade them back?

Poor form shown by a few in this thread through prejudice, poor form to member who named me.

The clubs were traded, if your happy with the trade, don't start threads about someones integrity.

there were no prices on the items it was a trade and i am extremely disappointed that my name has been dragged through the mud yet again.

I doubt Megawatty was the one that came up with the thread idea, it was probably Adlow, because he seemed to not hesitate to put my name out there.

The real question now is why this was started, maybe because it was certain WA ankers that got told to pull there heads in werent happy so they've tried a different angle which i think had backfired big time no suck it up boys.

cheers

Zig

BTW not that its anyone elses business i put these on another forum to guage interest and see what sort o deal i got, which i would not have sooked about in an open forum after i got the results.

I am keeping the clubs they have already soft stepped, and i was happy with the trade i got.

Enjoy

I truly hope that this is not directed at me, at all.

The only thing I care about at the moment is:

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Tartarus/team-canada-hockey-2010-logo.png

Gold for the women today.

Gold for the men Monday morning.

Fishman Dan
26th February 2010, 11:51 AM
What's this got to do with maple syrup?

Mmmm..... bacon..

zigwah
26th February 2010, 11:51 AM
JC, it is not directed at you, i dont think you are that stupid, as you already knew what i paid for the callys with the KBS shafts because i told you

zigwah
26th February 2010, 11:54 AM
How much did you pay for the 67's in the end of the debacle you went through to get the right clubs MW?, it sounds as though it was below 650 which is below what the callys were bought for.

Like i said a trade is a trade who got the best deal, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and i was happy with the TRADE

Webster
26th February 2010, 11:57 AM
zig how much did you list them for at the other place you had em for sale?

zigwah
26th February 2010, 11:58 AM

3oneday
26th February 2010, 12:00 PM

Probably why there was so much interest ;)

AndyP
26th February 2010, 12:01 PM
Here we ****ing go again. What a load of dribble.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 12:03 PM
What's this got to do with maple syrup?

Mmmm..... bacon..

Bacon and maple syrup is the nicest breakfast combo ever.

PerryGroves
26th February 2010, 12:03 PM
Jack, I'm not talking about undervaluing I'm talking about intent. If I sold a house under market value to a mate, the loss is my issue and one that I'm willing to accept. If he sold it a week later to make a profit that shows obvious intent to make a quick buck off my mistake. He's entitled to that money but I'd question whether he is entitled to my friendship any more.

Agree Henno, it also applies to me in a work environment. Working on a trading floor you buy and sell amongst your own guys.If a bloke knowingly profits from you and then fails to "comp" you they are looked on in a very poor light. Whatever you thought you might have made due to your deception will get taken off you 10 fold over time.

If you buy or sell to the street at the wrong price, your fault.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:09 PM

In that case Zig I don't think it is necessary for anything more to be said, other than an apology from megawatty who clearly has made a big mistake by starting this thread and accusing you of doing something you didnt do.

Yossarian
26th February 2010, 12:09 PM
Why didn't you list them for sale here?

AndyP
26th February 2010, 12:11 PM
....megawatty who clearly has made a big mistake by starting this thread and accusing you of doing something you didnt do.
Can you quote where he did that please? Or are you accusing someone of something they didn't do?

3oneday
26th February 2010, 12:13 PM
Why didn't you list them for sale here?

Howdy Amigo ;)

just
26th February 2010, 12:14 PM
Let's get this straight:

You weren't named in the thread.

You complain about slander and then slander someone else. Top stuff.

They were told to pull their heads in, not because they were necessarily wrong but because you whinge and whine, and a few people feel sympathy for you, mistakenly in my view, because you always play the sympathy card.

If you want to research you post in the equipment forum asking what sort of interest you would get and price ranges, you don't post in the proshop with a set price.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:15 PM

Can you quote where he did that please? Or are you accusing someone of something they didn't do?

go back and read the first post Andyp...

Yossarian
26th February 2010, 12:16 PM
Oh and zig if you are going to whinge about stuff could you maybe desist from calling us WAnkers. Stones in a glass house and all that.

Yossarian
26th February 2010, 12:16 PM
go back and read the first post Andyp...

Where did he name anyone, MW sells a shitload of gear could have been a number of things.

just
26th February 2010, 12:18 PM
Jack
I know you are stirring but MW didn't accuse anyone of anything, just asked a question: if everyone thought a particular action was poor form.

zigwah
26th February 2010, 12:19 PM
I didn't really want to sell them, truth

I wanted to guage interest in how i went with end of the bargain, like i said to someone earlier in the week research

Why would i list them here, to get a true assesment of their worth. i have stated what i apid for the x20's here so they actually cost me more than i have them at the other place.

Just out of in interest MW how much did you pay for the 67's? i assume you got some compensation because the order was stuffed up? You now know what i paid for the Cally's.

Which way did the good deal rock fall, btw i'm still happy with the trade i got

zigwah
26th February 2010, 12:20 PM
IMO Zig has shown very poor form on this one

I was named are you blind?

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:21 PM
Just, the "particular action" never happened - MW got it all wrong. Poor form in starting a thread about something that didnt happen.

zigwah
26th February 2010, 12:22 PM
Oh and zig if you are going to whinge about stuff could you maybe desist from calling us WAnkers. Stones in a glass house and all that.

It's not whinging it is debating why all this has been done, i only came in on page 3.

3oneday
26th February 2010, 12:25 PM
Alright, I've been lazy, slack, forgiving, what ever you want to call it. But getting 20 bloody reports a day is pissing me the **** off! So people grow up. Are you 15 years old? This is ****ing ridiculous. If you wanna be treated like adults start acting like them. Or I'll start pruning the shit out of the membership, cause I'm over it. And I'm not the only one. Do some of you think we have all the time in the world to check through the forum for who's being naught and nice? If I wanted to do that I'd have turned this place commercial and gotten some money for our time. Would that be a preference for everyone?

So some of ya's get over yourselves and sort your shit out or pack it up and leave. If you don't like someone, ignore them. If you don't agree with what someone says, rebut them but do it the right way. Take this childish schoolyard crap outside. This place is turning more and more into what I didn't want in the first place; I've always told Andy I'm loathe to remove members (I can only recall one genuine member who's been banned permanently) but I'm at the point I'll do it without a seconds thought, even if it's just to make our lives easier.

Those involved in the shit know who they are. If you're thinking 'is that directed at me?', then it probably is because if you weren't involved in the crap going on then you'd know for sure it's not you..

This is becoming more and more like a ****ing soap opera every day. There's lots of folk who post very infrequently now because of it. This is a fact.

AndyP
It looked like baiting to me, but I need to get a second opinion.

just
Just, the "particular action" never happened - MW got it all wrong. Poor form in starting a thread about something that didnt happen.
This did happen:
did a trade rather than selling them myself and now they are for sale elsewhere at a premium price.
I don't know where you got the idea it didn't, so the hypothetical is fine, oh defender of the Zig.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:27 PM
how do you know they have been listed at a premium price Just when MW still wont say how much he paid for them? And anyway, Zig has justified why he believed they owed him $650, so no issue at all for mine.

I don't have time to be Zigs defender, (24 hour job at least) so ease up on that front...

just
26th February 2010, 12:27 PM
AP
No one has baited Zig. The only problem on here has been that Zig was not banned long ago for being a troll.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:28 PM

I agree with you Andyp

just
26th February 2010, 12:30 PM
how do you know they have been listed at a premium price Just when MW still wont say how much he paid for them? And anyway, Zig has justified why he believed they owed him $650, so no issue at all for mine.

I don't have time to be Zigs defender, (24 hour job at least) so ease up on that front...
So now your quibling on the premium price angle? MW did not name Zig, and he just sought opinions on the pactice not only on this particular deal, as he has clarified a number of times on this thread.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:36 PM
not quibbling at all. MW believes they were re-listed at a premium, Zig proved they werent. The premise of the thread is therefore proven to be flawed.

are you suggesting this thread was never about Zig?

BTW, did the V steel arrive today?

AndyP
26th February 2010, 12:38 PM
AP
No one has baited Zig. The only problem on here has been that Zig was not banned long ago for being a troll.You're reading my statement in the wrong direction.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:39 PM
no offence to Zig, but I doubt he is clever enough to be a troll.

just
26th February 2010, 12:40 PM
Jack
If it was I don't care, Zig is a serial pest that causes problems. Everyone wants to blame the symptoms, for example 3OD post, rather than treat the cause. Though I could be completely wrong as I have many time in the past.

Don't know, I'll check when I get home. Do you think I would get a premium price for it?

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:47 PM
Jack
Don't know, I'll check when I get home. Do you think I would get a premium price for it?

Probably, I reckon I sold it too cheap...maybe we shoulda done a trade....but hey if you do, you know I won't start a thread about it...!!!

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 12:48 PM
I know you all care. Just a quick update, Canada 2 US 0. Gold medal for the women.

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:49 PM
. Just a quick update, Canada 2 US 0. Gold medal for the women.

What lesbian sport are you talking about?

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 12:51 PM
Wow. I'm impressed. Even in Aus, you know that they all lick carpet.

Fishman Dan
26th February 2010, 12:51 PM
Bacon and maple syrup is the nicest breakfast combo ever.

Only if the bacon is sitting on a thick pancake, which soaks up that oily, sweet syrupy goodness!

And FWIW Just... why is Zig always the bad guy? He gets easily drawn (baited?) into these things. Leave the guy alone and stay on the fence.

Fishman Dan
26th February 2010, 12:52 PM
I know you all care. Just a quick update, Canada 2 US 0. Gold medal for the women.

Good stuff. We really need a LHL - Lingerie Hockey League!

virge666
26th February 2010, 12:54 PM
When did this place turn into a daytime soap.

Read the thread - there is no-one to blame here. MW asked a simple question, got a simple answer and acknowledged the answer.

I like a good dig at Zig at the best of times... but he or MW have done nothing wrong.

There is no witch to hunt... JC - Stop hassling Zig with the bacon and ice stuff with jumping and hockeying thingo.

Blame Canada

Webster
26th February 2010, 12:54 PM
Wow. I'm impressed. Even in Aus, you know that they all lick carpet.

Not much carpet around these days, but then again, saying they "lick underlay" doesn't have quite the same ring to it..

just
26th February 2010, 01:03 PM
And FWIW Just... why is Zig always the bad guy? He gets easily drawn (baited?) into these things. Leave the guy alone and stay on the fence.
Obviously you don't follow the thread too well Dan. Another example of blame the symptom not the cause. The thread was rolling along quite well, with only the slightest reference to Zig, until until his over the top post. Stop blaming everyone else for Zigs inability to contain himself.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 01:03 PM
Lick underlay. I like it.

virge666
26th February 2010, 01:07 PM
Lick underlay. I like it.

Fishy will want bacon and Maple Syrup with his underlay.

idgolfguy
26th February 2010, 01:18 PM
Worth watching if the LHL practise the art of shirt-fronting.

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 01:26 PM
Good stuff. We really need a LHL - Lingerie Hockey League!

Fishy will want bacon and Maple Syrup with his underlay.

Some good ideas being thrown around.

razaar
26th February 2010, 01:32 PM
Is bacon and syrup good for an abnormal throid function?

Johnny Canuck
26th February 2010, 01:39 PM
I think it is actually a cause of it.

razaar
26th February 2010, 01:42 PM
I see...manic depressive behaviour comes from pigs and sugar cane.

adlo
26th February 2010, 02:33 PM
Zig, yes I named you. Why beat around the bush when most of us around here know exactly what clubs MW was referring to?

There is no point having a "speculative" thread.

Things were going to get ugly, either way.

You think I showed poor form, and I think you showed poor form. Agree to disagree. Move on.

Yossarian
26th February 2010, 02:36 PM
Wow.

Iain
26th February 2010, 02:42 PM
See ya Zig....

And double wow...!!

virge666
26th February 2010, 02:46 PM
I see...manic depressive behaviour comes from pigs and sugar cane.

No - It comes with Pigs mixed with Sugar cane... by themselves they are harmless.

But together - it is like a lonely teeenage girl on a Saturday night.

BTW: Nice tantrum - all toys got thrown out of the cot.

JohnLLL
26th February 2010, 02:47 PM
Ill never understand how forums can get so many people so worked up over the stupidist shit.
Makes places like this so much shitter than what they are capable of being.
Its very unfortunate.

AndyP
26th February 2010, 02:55 PM
Rant removed.

goughy
26th February 2010, 05:21 PM
Edited my post because I only read 2 pages before I posted, then found out that all the stuff I said in my post was de-bunked by what was said in the 4 pages afterwards!

goughy
26th February 2010, 05:37 PM
Ill never understand how forums can get so many people so worked up over the stupidist shit.
Makes places like this so much shitter than what they are capable of being.
Its very unfortunate.

It is unfortunate! We can go nuts and moderate everything like some forums and some will be happy and some won't. We can go totally complacent, let everything posted stand and never step in and some will be happy and some won't. We can try and do what we do, which is attempt to let the forum self moderate I guess, with us acting when we feel we have no option.

It is much harder sitting on the other side of the glass than you think. I get very frustrated with it sometimes (hence my odd rant in the form of announcements) but in the end I hope people will act like they would if they were face to face. But it seldom seems to happen in forums.

Personally if people have any suggestions or ideas for how to do thing differently then I'm more than happy to hear, either by email or pm. Or post them up in the suggestion box for discussion.

AndyP
26th February 2010, 08:50 PM
And the thread goes silent. There's your answer, goughy......