PDA

View Full Version : All that junk..

Fishman Dan
27th May 2004, 01:20 PM
Hey Forum Operators,

Whenever I get a PM, OzGolf sends me a Hotmail message. However i had no idea until i had reason to check my 'Junk Mail' folder in Hotmail, and found that dead@ozgolf.net had a bunch of messages in there.

FYI - The other site e-mails me, and it doesn't get routed straight into my Junk E-mail. Not sure what you can do about it (perhaps change it to info@ozgolf?), but though you might like to know ;)

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 02:44 PM
yep, i get the same, the Hotmail junk filter is good, but most times its too damn good.

not sure what can be done about it though, without knowing how hotmail scores points for junk

Fishman Dan
27th May 2004, 02:55 PM
yep, i get the same, the Hotmail junk filter is good, but most times its too damn good.

Sorry - that Ozgolf e-mail address should read dean@ozgolf.net :oops:

Blakey - never had a problem with it before, but remember that e-mail you sent me the other day that I never received? Guess where it turned up ;)

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 03:13 PM
Buggar. my test to hotmail went into Junk as well.

must have been the FW, plus !! in the subject.

Hotmail doesnt put the points scoring system in the mail header like SpamAssassin does so otherwise i guess its impossible to tell

AndyP
27th May 2004, 05:30 PM
Sorry - that Ozgolf e-mail address should read dean@ozgolf.net :oops:

Phew! I thought goughy had died.

jaster
27th May 2004, 05:58 PM
You have 4 options....

1. Make ozgolf.net emails safe from your junk filter

2. Do nothing

3. Set your profile so you do not get an email when a thread has a reply, I personally like this feature!

4. Suck it up like a man :twisted:

AndyP
28th May 2004, 07:06 AM
3. Set your profile so you do not get an email when a thread has a reply, I personally like this feature!

Aren't we talking about PMs here, and not thread replies?

Fishman Dan
28th May 2004, 07:52 AM
You have 4 options....

1. Make ozgolf.net emails safe from your junk filter

2. Do nothing

4. Suck it up like a man :twisted:

Jaster - appreciate the response. But there's a flaw in your suggestions;

I have to do something to fix this? ;) :lol:

Doesn't matter at all - unlike 'elsewhere' when you turn up at OzGolf you get a PM notification, so it's not like i missed any.