PDA

View Full Version : Printer stuffed, need a new one!

goughy
25th February 2010, 03:49 PM
OK, printer died. Need to go to Harvey to night to get another one. Rob wants a multifunction thingy so we can get rid of the work fax machine. Don't want to spend a squillion. But she wants decent photo/image printing. Partial to canon.

Any suggestions??

I will check out cnet before going too.

AndyP
25th February 2010, 03:56 PM
I don't use a printer at home anymore.

Save the trees, man!

Jarro
25th February 2010, 03:59 PM
I've still got the printer/scanner/copier i won at last years LT Memorial day in Toowoomba :)

MegaWatty
25th February 2010, 04:16 PM

markTHEblake
25th February 2010, 07:40 PM
Dont buy a printer - they is the devil. But if you really have to, try Cnet.com.au reviews before you buy anything.

Plus why on earth would you wanna use a fax machine these days anyway! :-)

if you only need incoming, get a fax to email service for, costs $50pa

if you need outbound as well, connect it to a Voip service, Mynetfone support this rather well. My fax line currently costs me $5 a year, plus calls.

goughy
25th February 2010, 08:56 PM
Picked up a canon mx860 tonite. Still have in going and out going faxes for work. But my fax is part of our phone/voip/internet setup. Had a quick look at cnet, but that was about it. Rob checked out what had the best ink costs, best photo printing and the features she wanted.

TheTrueReview
25th February 2010, 10:13 PM
Got a pretty good HP printer/scanner/fax/copier etc (for home office) for about $1,475 from this place http://www.itstuff.com.au/index.php Harris Technology was wanting about $1,800 for the same thing.

goughy
25th February 2010, 10:35 PM
I didn't pay that for my ride-on mower, won't pay that for a printer ;)