PDA

View Full Version : Easter Friday golf - a la mr humphries

macleod
17th March 2005, 05:59 PM
i'm free!

well, wifey is in another run somewhere that morning so perfect time to exit stage left.....

anything on for Royal Logan or somewhere? otherwise a nice day out at gailes or mAcleod might be on the books for ye southside folk.

Onewood
17th March 2005, 08:38 PM
i'm free!

well, wifey is in another run somewhere that morning so perfect time to exit stage left.....

anything on for Royal Logan or somewhere? otherwise a nice day out at gailes or mAcleod might be on the books for ye southside folk.

I'm in for Logan, easy to get on and the greens will be back by then 8)

1.Onewood
2.Macca

davidp
17th March 2005, 09:04 PM
I'll see how I go for next week, Macca. I desperately need some practice time before Middle Ridge next week, but am supporting a demanding overseas customer at the moment. I'm sure you know how that's like, don't you Macca. :wink:

1.Onewood
2.Macca
3.davidp (in really thin pencil)

damoocow
18th March 2005, 11:33 PM
interested, but MR Grainger told me I should only play either near the city or on the northside - less strain on my poor pussy - and Miss Brahms only likes to play around north of the river,
damoocow

Onewood
19th March 2005, 07:03 AM
interested, but MR Grainger told me I should only play either near the city or on the northside - less strain on my poor pussy - and Miss Brahms only likes to play around north of the river,
damoocow

Well pick a course :wink: no hills and I will come north :D

damoocow
19th March 2005, 10:23 PM
Kev - does Logan have a comp on Good Friday ?- if so -I will make the sacrifice and come down !! [want to reduce the handicap] - if not - how would you feel about walking V Park ?

damoocow

macleod
19th March 2005, 10:44 PM
I'll see how I go for next week, Macca. I desperately need some practice time before Middle Ridge next week, but am supporting a demanding overseas customer at the moment. I'm sure you know how that's like, don't you Macca. :wink:

1.Onewood
2.Macca
3.davidp (in really thin pencil)
don't get me started on either IBM, Optus, Telstra or Accenture.....sheesh :) nah, i love it.

oooh, vic park. if it wasn't for the rich uni kids hacking it up :lol:

Onewood
20th March 2005, 05:49 AM
Kev - does Logan have a comp on Good Friday ?- if so -I will make the sacrifice and come down !! [want to reduce the handicap] - if not - how would you feel about walking V Park ?

damoocow

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll let you off for that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

No hills also means no bloody mountains as well :wink: :D

peter_rs
21st March 2005, 08:42 AM
If anyone is interested I trying to get out to river lakes friday morning for a social hit.

macleod
21st March 2005, 09:33 AM
can we use those 1/2 price vouchers on good friday?

i don't have one on me...i suspect they would not allow a public hol day...

comps rounds i am checking on,,,,,very sick this morning with green apple splatter...

macleod
21st March 2005, 09:35 AM
my old list, will check other one at home with other clubs on it.
===========
ALL
Pacific - $19.10
07 33439487
Wynnum - $
07 33963546
Murwillumbah - $17
02 66724200

Last - Friday will be a last friday..

Pacific - Stroke (Back) - $19.10
07 33439487
Bribie Is - Stroke (Back) - $20
07 34082484
Toowoomba City - $15 (Burger)
07 46354800
\============

pacific might be booked, will check this mornig.

would pacific be OK with the Kevster and Damo?

macleod
21st March 2005, 09:44 AM
rung a bunch so far.....the clubhouse being closed at all of them ius the factor for no comps on good friday...

only one so far that does have one on is Carbrook, a single stableford, member sweepstake....the guy was quite happy to make it an Open one for us as well.

will keep ringing, up to the M's...

macleod
21st March 2005, 09:49 AM
all done, only carbrook is going to have a comp.

let me know what you guys want to do ie/ comp no comp, i am tired now... :wink:

early morning is my wish, Logan is still a big yes from me since it's been ages since i've chased my ball 3 fairway over to the right there...

damoocow
21st March 2005, 12:15 PM
Might give it a miss macca - carbrook sounds a bit dodgy , how can we play in a members only comp ? - and logan on a public holiday sounds like trouble to me - if carbrook is a fair dinkum comp and you want to hit off EARLY - 6 - 630 am - then I'll have a bash but otherwise will catch up at Macleod Cup.

How did you get on with 'the job' ??

damoocow

Onewood
21st March 2005, 05:32 PM
macca, I see your playing Ryan in the first round of the match play 8) Ryan is a member at Carbrook, send him a PM and see if he can get us into the comp and play your matchplay at the same time 8)

Just a thought :roll:

davidp
21st March 2005, 06:17 PM
macca, how early are we talking about here? I'm wondering if Keza is available for a hit?

macleod
22nd March 2005, 12:42 PM
i can play at any time that is convenient for everyone, i'm not a teetime nazi like some of our bretheren :)

The comp at carbrook is legit, the guy obviously would like numbers since he said management wanted them to increase the figures, hence even having a comp on friday.

as long as someone makes a decision by today, good friday is going to e chockers at every course.

otherwise bugger it all, i'll stay at home and bath the kittens.....which is plenty 'o fun in a sado-masochistic way...

Keza_G
22nd March 2005, 02:19 PM
David...

If it is OK with you I need to actually rest for the next 3 weeks... I did myself an injury (Rotator cuff muscle in right shoulder) and am unable and not allowed to swing a club... wouldn't be fair on you if I was to beat you with one hand.. :wink:

I'd rather be at full strength and then get beaten by you !!!!

let me know..

Cheers

Keza...

PS plenty of room at Riverlakes on Easter Friday...

peter_rs
22nd March 2005, 02:38 PM
Guys kezza got me a tee time at 7am at river lakes on friday.

we r a 2 if anyone wants to join.

macleod
22nd March 2005, 03:05 PM
Guys kezza got me a tee time at 7am at river lakes on friday.

we r a 2 if anyone wants to join.
im up for it if i can use one of those snappy vouchers!

peter_rs
22nd March 2005, 04:26 PM
kezza is checking on the 2-4-1

Keza_G
23rd March 2005, 06:36 AM
Guys..

Vouchers are in the Post to Peter today.... just call Riverlakes and tell them to book you down with P.Hickey group at 7am on Friday 25th..

Remember the vouchers are 2 4 1 so there must be 4 players to use 2 vouchers... they won't let you use it for 3, besides you aint saving much for 3 players.

I might come out and catch you lot going around the back nine.... just to see what's up and have a "chat"....

any other info ? send me a PM or call me on 0411 720 100.

Cheers

Keza

macleod
23rd March 2005, 01:43 PM
yup, i was waiting on kev to chime in if he wants to play so the voucher use would be OK.

if Kev's not up, anyone else?

i'm not commiting until i get a solid 4th at this point.

Eag's
23rd March 2005, 06:35 PM
I will step in if Kev is not keen :wink:
I just want a hit somewhere Fri, not fussy at all :D

Eag's
23rd March 2005, 08:26 PM
Sorry guys going to head out to Royal Logan instead :wink:
Love those wide open fairways :D which I really need at the moment :oops:

Onewood
23rd March 2005, 08:45 PM
Sorry peter 7am on a public hol is just too early :roll:
OK the plan is to play 9 holes in the friday comp ($10.50 I think) and for those who wont to keep going we will play another 9 to make up an 18 hole round 8) I think the next nine I could prob swing at no cost if we play in the friday comp first 8)

10AM sound OK to those interested

Eag's
23rd March 2005, 08:59 PM
Suits me Kev :wink:

peter_rs
24th March 2005, 08:23 AM
Its 7am so I can travel later in the day.

macleod
24th March 2005, 11:38 AM
arrr, had me grass cut by the ever vigilant Eags......ah well.

Keza and Peter, I won't be playing now since we can't find a 4th...can't justify the huge single cost there, have a great day though!

BrisVegas
24th March 2005, 01:09 PM

Keza and Peter, I won't be playing now since we can't find a 4th...can't justify the huge single cost there, have a great day though!

Speaking of huge single cost... I'm having a bash around Brookwater first thing tomorrow morning if anyone is interested. I believe the guest rate is around $75-80... Course is supposed to be looking fairly schmick right now....

Nudgee - u wanna get this matchplay match out of the way? :wink:

peter_rs
24th March 2005, 01:37 PM
We cann't play any more - got pulled into a prac round at the ridge instead.

Going to try and play Riverlakes next wednesday same time.

Eag's
24th March 2005, 06:50 PM

Macca come join us at Logan then :?: nice and cheap :wink:

nudgee
24th March 2005, 07:07 PM
Hmmmmm BV let me think about it........ NO - hell no at Brooky :wink: - mate I think McLeod could be the venue for our matchplay - what do you think??

To the Logan boys can you guys not tee up a bit later - like around 12:00pm???? Would love a hit on friday but cant in the am??

Cheers

J

Onewood
24th March 2005, 09:28 PM
Hmmmmm BV let me think about it........ NO - hell no at Brooky :wink: - mate I think McLeod could be the venue for our matchplay - what do you think??

To the Logan boys can you guys not tee up a bit later - like around 12:00pm???? Would love a hit on friday but cant in the am??
Cheers

J

Not a Problem.......see logan thread 8)

Jarro
25th March 2005, 02:40 AM

my sentiments exactly :smt045

seeing as now it's a noon hitoff, i'm there baby :!: 8)