PDA

View Full Version : Mid Life Crisis

cobra
24th February 2010, 06:43 AM
Just announcing my Mid Life Crisis !!!!!!!!!
Traded in the Lexus for a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sedan
AWD,2.0 L 4Cyl Turbo ,twin exhausts with a nice little rumble and goes like a bullet
All leather trim and Sat Nav screen and a Rockford Fosgate audio system with bluetooth and something called a subwoofer in the boot( whatever that does )
This thing is sex on wheels
I am 55 and the wife is 47 and we both love driving in the country
this thing doesnt like doing 60 but absolutely loves the open road
Can see some nice weekend trips in the country coming up soon ,if I still have my licence

Absolutely georgeous car
check them out if you are going through your own little crisis

Scottt
24th February 2010, 06:47 AM
Cobra, Sinatra's gonna sound crackalacking through that stereo.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just smash your secretary?

henno
24th February 2010, 06:48 AM

That depends how much half of your house is worth if the wife finds out and leaves you. ;)

goughy
24th February 2010, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call it a mid life crisis, though it sounds a very '18' thing to do!

I mid life crisis would have had you in some convertable wearing a cap with your ponytail through the fit adjustment hole thingy, and it wouldn't be your wife beside you in it ;) ;)

The sub has me worried about you :) A mate of mine bought an '85 masserati, said it was difficult to find a gear to go under 60 without stalling!

cobra
24th February 2010, 06:56 AM
Cobra, Sinatra's gonna sound crackalacking through that stereo.

Funny that but my wife was my secretary at one stage
Best choice i ever made
I forgot to mention that this car has 177kw of power and 343nm of torque and 6 speed sports shift transmission with paddle shifters on the wheel
I might just keep driving past the golf course on sat morning and sneak out for a 4hr drive by myself

Like a kid in a lolli shop

Coffs_Hacker
24th February 2010, 12:23 PM
I forgot to mention that this car has 177kw of power and 343nm of torque and 6 speed sports shift transmission with paddle shifters on the wheel

yeah, but does it make a good cappacino

where i worked at kiama, we had a group of ferrari's pull in 3 times a week, apparently it was $900 to drive/ride in one for a day, usually about 5-6 cars, last weekend had 20 ferrari's

Ned
24th February 2010, 12:40 PM
You are like a mate of mine, who I tell people he is a 56 year old teenager!

He has:

260 hp SeeDoo. (He is thinking about getting the 300 hp version!!!!:shock:)
30 foot 5 berth cruiser
Holden Statesman Caprice Deluxe V8
Holden Colorado Turbo Ute
He used to a HSV Commodore Ute, Subaru WRX Factory Worked amongst a few other "toys".

Enjoy!

ddasey
24th February 2010, 12:42 PM
Just announcing my Mid Life Crisis !!!!!!!!!
Traded in the Lexus for a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sedan
AWD,2.0 L 4Cyl Turbo ,twin exhausts with a nice little rumble and goes like a bullet
All leather trim and Sat Nav screen and a Rockford Fosgate audio system with bluetooth and something called a subwoofer in the boot( whatever that does )
This thing is sex on wheels
I am 55 and the wife is 47 and we both love driving in the country
this thing doesnt like doing 60 but absolutely loves the open road
Can see some nice weekend trips in the country coming up soon ,if I still have my licence

Absolutely georgeous car
check them out if you are going through your own little crisis

Nice wheels, but watch the brakes. It doesn't like to stop.

If you like the Ralliart then you would loooove the Evo X.

razaar
24th February 2010, 12:48 PM
Cobra..you are a slow starter in the mid-life crisis stakes. What took you so long?

Iain
24th February 2010, 02:49 PM
Enjoy!

Thanks Ned "Virge" Kelly!!

cobra
24th February 2010, 07:14 PM
Cobra..you are a slow starter in the mid-life crisis stakes. What took you so long?
Ive been working on getting v8 commodore for a few months but very happy with the mitsu
But mainly the kids are getting on now so really just the two of us now for those weekend runs

My main objective is to still have a license in 3 months time
to enjoy the car
and I am a terrible passenger

cobra
24th February 2010, 07:18 PM
yeah, but does it make a good cappacino

where i worked at kiama, we had a group of ferrari's pull in 3 times a week, apparently it was $900 to drive/ride in one for a day, usually about 5-6 cars, last weekend had 20 ferrari's
I am going to give the wife that as a birthday present apparently you swap cars during the course of the day and get to drive a whole range of ferraris around the kangaroo valley and southern highlands areas and then back up the coast,what an awesome experience

markTHEblake
24th February 2010, 07:30 PM
If it was me I would get a rebuilt EH wagon, or a Valiant Charger. Always wanted one of those.

LarryLong
24th February 2010, 07:37 PM
This thread is useless without pics. :)

I've got a mate who did up an old charger as his first car. He's had it for years now and loves it. I never felt safe in it when we were at uni. :)