PDA

View Full Version : BetaGolf

buyabetterscore
21st February 2010, 10:43 AM
Hello

I was just reading Aust Golf Digest (March 10) and I page 66 I saw an advert for the BetaGolf Swing trainer, web link is BetaGolf.com/gd.

I was wondering if anyone has tried it.

Thanks

LarryLong
21st February 2010, 10:47 AM
Is it meant to be pronounced 'better', 'beeta' or 'beyta'?

Or 'spam'? :)

Courty
21st February 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm tipping the latter. ;)

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2010, 11:09 AM
I know a bunch of people that tried it.

They all said it was shit.

3oneday
21st February 2010, 03:15 PM
Is this to support Camerons visit to the Yeah Yeah Clinic ?

sms316
21st February 2010, 06:03 PM
Surely you would want to use a "Beta Ball".

adlo
21st February 2010, 06:31 PM
:roll:

http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2010, 06:34 PM
That's funny. Give him some respect.

adlo
21st February 2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, it is pretty witty. I am amazed at how fixated his brain is on Srixon marketing though.

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2010, 07:36 PM
Will there be controversy if they make a yellow swing trainer?

buyabetterscore
22nd February 2010, 11:02 AM
Jonny C

Thanks for your reply.
For the rest of you I know how to spell if you check the ad out you would see that. I am a new member on your site and I had a legit question but a lot of you thought it best to have a go at me, you must be really wanting this site not to expand if that is how you threat new members. My posts etc may have added something to this site but now I'll guess we will never know.

billybaub
22nd February 2010, 11:07 AM
Care to explain the username then?

Where did it come from? Ive never heard of a nickname 'buyabetterscore'

Why not introduce yourself in the welcome thread and tell everyone a bit about yourself

ddasey
22nd February 2010, 11:08 AM
With a user name "buyabetterscore" can you really blame anyone for being a little suspicous of your motives??

ddasey
22nd February 2010, 11:11 AM
Ive never heard of a nickname 'buyabetterscore'

Surely not. It is heard often at the 19th. Hey 'buyabetterscore', your shout :twisted:

buyabetterscore
22nd February 2010, 11:12 AM
I would have thought if I was trying to "scam" people I won't use buyabetterscore as a user name

ddasey
22nd February 2010, 11:17 AM
I would have thought if I was trying to "scam" people I won't use buyabetterscore as a user name

I wouldn't say you are trying to 'scam' the good ozgolf peeps, but in my opinion your username does alude to promoting of something.

Just like SMS had to change his username from 'Play a better ball' :twisted:

Bruce
22nd February 2010, 11:20 AM

It's not scam - it's spam. So of course you need to use the product name in your posts to get better SEO results.

AndyP
22nd February 2010, 11:26 AM
If you guys were suspicious of spam, why not use the report button instead of littering the thread? You should all give yourselves a pat on the back for your outstanding detective work. :roll:

You guys should know by now that I moderate new users posts and won't approve a new user unless I'm fairly confident (although not guaranteed) that they are not a spammer.

Welcome babs.

ddasey
22nd February 2010, 11:31 AM
If you guys were suspicious of spam, why not use the report button instead of littering the thread? You should all give yourselves a pat on the back for your outstanding detective work. :roll:

Fair call. But it is what I do for a living :lol:

buyabetterscore
22nd February 2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Andy P

My name in Mark, I'm 46 and I live in Brisbane at Stretton and I am a member of Carbrook golf club currently playing off 22. My user name appeals to my sense of humour and I would think that anyone reading golf equip forums thinks that new tech helps your game so surely they can see where I am coming from. I doubt I will post here again and I hope that existing members give new guys a chance in the future rather than bagging them.

sms316
22nd February 2010, 11:48 AM

You guys should know by now that I moderate new users posts and won't approve a new user unless I'm fairly confident (although not guaranteed) that they are not a spammer.

Welcome babs.

Because Goughy said;

But getting 20 bloody reports a day is pissing me the **** off!

:wink:

Eag's
22nd February 2010, 05:35 PM
Welcome Mark, this is the place to be if you are a golf tragic like the rest of us :)

razaar
22nd February 2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks Andy P

My name in Mark, I'm 46 and I live in Brisbane at Stretton and I am a member of Carbrook golf club currently playing off 22. My user name appeals to my sense of humour and I would think that anyone reading golf equip forums thinks that new tech helps your game so surely they can see where I am coming from. I doubt I will post here again and I hope that existing members give new guys a chance in the future rather than bagging them.
Welcome Mark, bet you are good at fishing - spam police fishing.:) Good stuff and welcome :lol:.

senecio
22nd February 2010, 07:40 PM
Hang around Mark, I reckon your sense of humour would fit right in here given half a chance.

PeteyD
22nd February 2010, 07:45 PM
Forgive the spam nazis, they know not what they do. Welcome.

terrys
22nd February 2010, 09:55 PM
similar thread over at the other place, with exactly the same reaction.

Dotty
23rd February 2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks. I should be able to knock one up, based on the website info.

If that fails, Plan B is to pick one up during council clean-up (along with an ab-o-matic and a glass beading kit.)