PDA

View Full Version : footy blues

wavemaker
27th May 2004, 05:37 AM
there must have been worse games than that amateurish shambles that we watched last night, just cant remember when.

Onewood
27th May 2004, 06:43 AM
there must have been worse games than that amateurish shambles that we watched last night, just cant remember when.

The better State won :wink:

What do you guy's think of the Golden point :D knowing that QLD was playing for it as well :wink:

Fishman Dan
27th May 2004, 08:08 AM
I was thinking that if QLD kicked it, i won 2 bets - QLD to win, and QLD 1-12. ](*,)

The boorish game was 1 try short of my 21-30 total points scored bet. :smt076

I'm off the bandwagon - Go the Blues. Blues to win by 30 in SOO II.

wavemaker
27th May 2004, 08:10 AM
gooday kevin, how ya hittin em. yeah the better state won and i spose the golden point is alright as long as your team kicks it. im a blues supporter, as ive lived south of the tweed since i finished high school, but i felt no sense of a great victory, just relief that we were able to stagger over the line. a very inept performance all round, and who was that turd of a ref, was he blind, stupid or both.

damoocow
27th May 2004, 08:22 AM
I thought referee Bumstead didn't go too badly in the first half - but when the pressure was applied he certainly was found wanting - I think golden point is a crock - even if Qld had scored the win it would have been a silly way to end the game - nothing at all wrong with a draw in my books - for once I would like all the players involved in a drawn game agree to walk off the field at the end of the 80 minutes and take a point each.
damoocow

Onewood
27th May 2004, 08:30 AM
No talk of the golden point before the game but when it happen's everyone has an opinion I supose 8)

Fishman Dan
27th May 2004, 09:06 AM
I like it, but they should take the Field Goal out of the equation - it's a soft finish. Should be the old schoolyard fave - NEXT TRY WINS!

After 80+ minutes it just becomes a game of 'Forcings Back' with a pot shot after 4 or 5 tackles. Make them put the ball down over the line!

Jarro
27th May 2004, 11:16 AM
well all i have to say is that the better side didn't win ....

.. the fitter side won.

I like the idea of having to score a try to win it, but by the end of 80 minutes of SOO footy, the players are absolutely knackered... and scoring a try at that stage might be impossible :smt100

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 02:46 PM
whats a golden point?

Fishman Dan
27th May 2004, 03:05 PM
whats a golden point?

Like a 'Golden Goal' in soccer - first to score wins.

You've heard of soccer?

Jarro
27th May 2004, 03:07 PM
crappy idea :x

markTHEblake
27th May 2004, 03:28 PM
oh , sudden death.

Seems pointless - (no pun) 10 mins extra seems tobe much better idea

AndyP
27th May 2004, 05:37 PM
oh , sudden death.

Seems pointless - (no pun) 10 mins extra seems tobe much better idea
Blakey, they are introducing tie-breakers in the AFL. They can't decide between playing round the world (taking kicks from several angles) or handballing at a target with 10, 5, 2 points, etc. :roll:

goughy
27th May 2004, 05:52 PM
Wasn't there all the whinging a few years ago when the third game was drawn and qld retained, not won the soo. So they introduce a system to break the draws and now we're not happy.

I don't like it either. If you draw you draw.

Onewood
27th May 2004, 07:01 PM
Wasn't there all the whinging a few years ago when the third game was drawn and qld retained, not won the soo. So they introduce a system to break the draws and now we're not happy.

I don't like it either. If you draw you draw.

Every one goes home empty if it's a draw :evil: this way someone has bragging right's 8)

damoocow
27th May 2004, 09:00 PM
Onewood I must disagree - with a draw the result is that both sides gave their all and neither of them came out on top - which means that no-one is the loser - golden point is a stupid situation - and yes I would still say the same if Qld had won !
damoocow

Onewood
27th May 2004, 09:34 PM
Onewood I must disagree - with a draw the result is that both sides gave their all and neither of them came out on top - which means that no-one is the loser - golden point is a stupid situation - and yes I would still say the same if Qld had won !
damoocow

The crowd needs a result :roll: so get over it QLDer's :roll: it's 2004 :roll: You old fella's need to move with the times :roll:

damoocow
27th May 2004, 09:43 PM
The crowd does not need a result ! - I think your hole in one has resulted in a hole in the head!
damoocow

Onewood
27th May 2004, 09:57 PM
The crowd does not need a result ! - I think your hole in one has resulted in a hole in the head!
damoocow
you need a result :roll: :roll: coz you're not getting one here :D :wink: you wanta go golden point on this :D

BrisVegas
28th May 2004, 07:08 AM
Well, I got a good result out of it, despite the maroons losing. I won the door prize at the golf club, which was a QLD Origin Jersey!!!! :D :D :D

AndyP
28th May 2004, 07:13 AM
onewood, are you saying NSW were better on the night, just because they kicked a field goal first?

mike
28th May 2004, 07:38 AM
An option used in touch footy up here , and probably south as well , is the drop off . After regular time each team must take a player off the field, leaving 12 on 12. After a period of time you make it 11 on 11 and so on and so on until a TRY is scored. Less players mean more gaps means more chance of a try. Pointless saying all this as it has no chance of taking off, just a thought.

The current system is a good one, and although it turns the game into a field goal-a-thon, it is a great spectacle that creates enormous pressure on every player on the field. Just ask Craig Butterfingers Gower.

The crowd does not need a result !
damoocow

Moocow, you've obviously never attended a drawn league game. :?

Golfgirl
28th May 2004, 09:37 AM
Frankly, while I was disappointed that Qld lost on Wednesday night, I concede that the conditions of the game were known to everyone on the field on the night, so I am very uncertain as to why Qld decided to kick off at the start of the extra time knowing that NSW woud go whole hog to get a field goal kick in....

But mostly, I am disappointed with the behaviour of a carload of uncouth, moronic, juvenile, a$$holes that I encountered last night - who felt that it was appropriate behaviour to toot their horn, flash their lights, yell out the window, and tailgate me halfway home just because I was driving the car that still has QLD no. plates on it..... it was scary, and it was uncalled for.... it is a f$%%ing game of football after all.... it is not worth causing a f$%%^ing car accident over..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am really ANGRY......

Fishman Dan
28th May 2004, 09:40 AM
Did you get their plates?
Just seems to be a synonymous thread of behaviour with that code of football at the moment. These guys were as stupid as their league idols it would seem.

Golfgirl
28th May 2004, 09:44 AM
Nah - I didn't manage to get the plates Fishy - I was starting to get a bit panicked because they followed me for ages and I was going home to an empty house 'cause Matt was away in Sydney....

I don't frighten easily, but they were really full on.... I wasn't sure how long they were going to tailgate me for. :(

AndyP
28th May 2004, 10:25 AM
Stupid d*ckheads. :x
Maybe that was there hobby for the night, tailgating Qld number plates.

mike
28th May 2004, 10:33 AM
GG that's just a Wollongong thing. I know. I grew up there.

Anybody remember "The Newcastle Song " ? Similar situation. Sort of.

Jarro
28th May 2004, 12:07 PM
time to get out of enemy territory Golfgirl :smt019

back up here, where it's safe and warm :smt040

Onewood
28th May 2004, 05:43 PM
onewood, are you saying NSW were better on the night, just because they kicked a field goal first?

YES :wink: :D

AndyP
28th May 2004, 05:49 PM
Good answer. :roll:

Onewood
28th May 2004, 06:42 PM
Make sure you all get dressed in BLUE for the OZgolf photo at logan :D

That was the bet was'nt it :D

AndyP
29th May 2004, 07:21 AM
Kev, I couldn't give a rats about the result, but you need to settle down. It's only one match. This could really come back to bite you on the bum.

Jarro
30th May 2004, 09:39 AM
Kev, This could really come back to bite you on the bum.

Oh it will mate, it will.

TRUST ME :smt093 :smt077

mike
4th June 2004, 10:59 PM
Watching the Roosters Bulldogs game on Fox. Justin Hodges just got sent off.

I love this game.

Jarro
4th June 2004, 11:05 PM

I love this game.

god he played like shite tonight :evil:

there's no way they should pick him for game 2 :!:

Courty
5th June 2004, 08:05 AM

I love this game.

god he played like shite tonight :evil:

there's no way they should pick him for game 2 :!:

2 other candidates from that game could replace Justin 'Oxygen thief' Hodges: Chris Walker (Roosters) & Ben Harris (Bulldogs)

Walker is a knucklehead off the field, but he has proven himself at SOO level.
Harris is only young, but a smart, strong young player.

What about Schifcofske? Can he play wing?

Jarro
5th June 2004, 08:22 AM
How about Willie Tonga :shock:

he's a queenslander, and he had a blinder last night :o

played all over the Oxygen thief :lol:

Courty
5th June 2004, 08:30 AM

I didn't realise he was a QUEENSLANDER until just now.
He did have a good game, but it was just ONE game. The sun even shines out of a dog's ass somedays (no pun intended). He needs to be able to repeat that performance consistently... if he can, I've got no problem with him in Maroon. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's still got a bit to prove.

Jarro
5th June 2004, 08:43 AM

I didn't realise he was a QUEENSLANDER until just now.
He did have a good game, but it was just ONE game. The sun even shines out of a dog's ass somedays (no pun intended). He needs to be able to repeat that performance consistently... if he can, I've got no problem with him in Maroon. But, as far as I'm concerned, he's still got a bit to prove.

yeah, i suppose he's a bit green yet :roll:

just good to see some young fella's showing some form 8)

personally, i'd like to see Berrigan and Tate in the centres for QLD anyway... real line-breakers :)

Onewood
5th June 2004, 04:51 PM
Clutching at straws guys :D But I spose you need to :lol: :lol:

Courty
5th June 2004, 08:25 PM
Clutching at straws guys :D But I spose you need to :lol: :lol:

You'll keep, Kev :wink: :D

nick
5th June 2004, 08:31 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Jarro
7th June 2004, 06:15 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

i can think of 3 better words Nick, but i'm too much of a gentleman to say here :lol:

just watch out next game you blues ...

.. our man King Locky is back =D> :smt029

nick
7th June 2004, 06:19 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

i can think of 3 better words Nick, but i'm too much of a gentleman to say here :lol:

Two more words, Anthony Minechello!

Fishman Dan
7th June 2004, 06:45 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Please, Nick. As a respectable NSW'man, let's not get carried away...

nick
7th June 2004, 07:02 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

I dont think so, hes fair enough the best fullback in the game!

Nick

Jarro
7th June 2004, 07:12 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Nick

with the biggest phone-bill :smt082

nick
7th June 2004, 07:59 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Nick

Haha, good one mate!

Courty
7th June 2004, 08:14 PM

He's a pretty handy fullback, but he's not the be all and end all...

NSW: :smt089

QLD: :smt098

nick
7th June 2004, 08:18 PM
He scores like 1 or 2 tries a match and I havn't seen him drop a ball in a year, he'll make NSW even stronger.

I'll put a 3 pack of Pro-V1X's on it!

Nick

Onewood
7th June 2004, 09:51 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Nick, if you're going to sing out :D sing out big :smt026 :smt038 =D> \:D/ :smt076

Jarro
15th June 2004, 01:39 PM
got a good feeling that the series will be 1 - 1 after tomorrow night :smt023

how are you cockroaches feeling :-k

Freddie Fittler will bow out a loser in Origin footy ..... again \:D/

mike
15th June 2004, 02:48 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Nick

Haha, good one mate!

wait till G69 sees the way you guys are quotin'...

Onewood
15th June 2004, 05:23 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Nick, if you're going to sing out :D sing out big :smt026 :smt038 =D> \:D/ :smt076

Jarro
16th June 2004, 02:00 PM
not too late to get on the winning side you BLUES supporters :P

QUEENSLAND by 12 :D

nick
16th June 2004, 03:44 PM
BLUES 20, dirty, ugly Queenslanders 12

Eag's
16th June 2004, 04:52 PM
Queenslander :smt038 :smt038 :smt023
And Gould is Miriams boyfriend :smt016

Jarro
16th June 2004, 04:54 PM
Queenslander :smt038 :smt038 :smt023
And Gould is Miriams boyfriend :smt016

nice touch buddy :wink:

like your style :D

Onewood
16th June 2004, 05:00 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Onewood
16th June 2004, 05:00 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

Onewood
16th June 2004, 05:02 PM
Three words,

GO THE BLUES!

Nick

AndyP
16th June 2004, 08:20 PM
Well, this is an informative thread. :mrgreen:

Jarro
16th June 2004, 08:54 PM
repeat after me boys :

QUEENSLANDER

good win fellas :D

stick it up those cocky bastards :P

Onewood
16th June 2004, 08:58 PM
If thats how to get to a 3rd game...I'd be ashamed to be called a QLDer...did that REF get paid or what...3 dropped balls and he give the QLDer a free for dropping it :oops:

Utter JOKE

To win by CHEATING in any game is a DISGRACE :roll:

Jarro
16th June 2004, 09:06 PM
If thats how to get to a 3rd game...I'd be ashamed to be called a QLDer...did that REF get paid or what...3 dropped balls and he give the QLDer a free for dropping it :oops:

Utter JOKE

now now Onewood....

me thinks me smells sour grapes :roll: :lol:

QUEENSLANDER

damoocow
16th June 2004, 09:52 PM
onewood - you can be such an ignorant knob at times !
damoocow

Onewood
16th June 2004, 09:55 PM
onewood - you can be such an ignorant knob at times !
damoocow

You blokes are going to clam that win :roll: thats like writing down a 4 when you know you've had a five :cry:

mike
16th June 2004, 10:12 PM
Billy Slater's try was one of the best you'd ever see.

Is it true he was named man a da match ?

He had an atrocious game in defence. Out of position all night.

Courty
16th June 2004, 10:18 PM
Billy Slater's try was one of the best you'd ever see.
Sure was, it was #$%@'n awesome!

Is it true he was named man a da match ?
Sure is. Scored 2 and saved 1 certain Tahu try.

He had an atrocious game in defence. Out of position all night. Sure did, except for that aforementioned one.

damoocow
16th June 2004, 10:28 PM
Slater's 2 tries only just made up for the shocker he had in defence - still can't work out what onewood's problem is - was he watching a different game ???
damoocow

BrisVegas
17th June 2004, 07:25 AM

Utter JOKE

now now Onewood....

me thinks me smells sour grapes :roll: :lol:

QUEENSLANDER

Good on QLD for coming back in that second half. They were lucky to be only 6 points down at the break. Sheer determination and defence kept them in the game.

Get over it Kev. Let's not forget QLD missed 3 kicks too. Should not have been as close at the end. QLD played a much better, more attacking second half. Well deserved.

Even the cockroaches I work with are admitting they were outplayed last night AND that it was a better game to watch than the first one. As Joey johns kept saying..... Bring on Game 3. 8) 8)

terryand
17th June 2004, 07:34 AM
Where is Nick...LOSER.... :shock:

He was missing from the chat last night :?:

Terry.

Jarro
17th June 2004, 08:24 AM
As Joey johns kept saying..... Bring on Game 3. 8) 8)

i seem to recall him saying that NSW would run away with the game in the second half as well :roll:

Also love the fact that Gould and his troops are having a good old whinge about the ref.... don't seem to remember them whinging after Game 1 :wink:

Can't wait for game 3, should be a ripper :!:

Fishman Dan
17th June 2004, 08:46 AM
This bloke is kidding us, the game and his players - not to mention the opposition.

Last night with under a minute to go there was footage of the guy walking into the change rooms. No waiting around for the siren, congratulating his team for a great game, nor the oppostion or his rival coach. Where is the chivalry? That equates to a spit in the eye - sorry, but what a complete ****wit this guy is.

And knowing the drama-queen, he probably tapped the camera guy on the shoulder and said "Mate, i'm going to storm, make sure you get me on tape!".

Super-coach Hagon is great for the game. One of the good guys.

What better send off for Gouldy to lose the series - sorry Freddy.

terryand
17th June 2004, 08:54 AM
Ditto Fishy.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th June 2004, 09:47 AM
I think he likes to think of himself as the John laws / Alan Jones of Rugby League.

I think he more closely resembles Shrek. I forgot to add that he is an ugly prick. Radio is too good for him.

terryand
17th June 2004, 09:54 AM
I think he likes to think of himself as the John laws / Alan Jones of Rugby League.

I think he more closely resembles Shrek. I forgot to add that he is an ugly $%^&. Radio is too good for him.

Fishy, don't degrade Shrek like that.

Terry.

Courty
17th June 2004, 04:27 PM
I fully understand that Gould is trying to:
a) add spice to the build up of Origin games and
b) take some of the heat off his players

I keep hearing from Blues supporters that Gould is a 'super-coach' and 'master motivater'.
His mindgames are apparently all tools to:
1. motivate his players
2. manipulate the media to suit his gameplan

My take on it is he is a 'super-roach' and 'master bater'

terryand
17th June 2004, 04:31 PM
Late afternoon and still no sign of Nick :smt102 :-k [-X

Terry.

Fishman Dan
17th June 2004, 04:38 PM
My take on it is he is a 'super-roach' and 'master bater'

Nice. =D> :smt023

AndyP
17th June 2004, 06:07 PM
I think football was the winner. :wink:
And your local liquor store. :wink:

nick
17th June 2004, 08:35 PM
OK, I'm here, you can shower me with abuse now.

Nick

Jarro
18th June 2004, 05:00 AM
OK, I'm here, you can shower me with abuse now.

Nick

we don't want to abuse you mate,

.. we just want you to change your signature like you said you would :wink:

QUEENSLANDER

nick
18th June 2004, 03:51 PM
I didn't say I'd put that in, I pussied out!

Nick

Jarro
1st July 2004, 03:19 PM
well whinging Gus has got his way again.

The ref was good enough for game 1 , but apparently after game 2 Gus put his foot down 'cos he wasn't happy that the ref actually could allow NSW to lose :o

..so out with Hamstead :!:

we'll see what happens to referee Paul Simpkins after the 3rd game :roll:

Fishman Dan
1st July 2004, 03:35 PM
So, you reckon if (when?) QLD win, Gus will come straight out and say...

"Best of 5, whaddya reckon guys??"

I'm sittin' on the fence.. i just hope Rugby League comes out the winner.. (for that to happen, QLD need to win).

Jarro
1st July 2004, 05:06 PM
Fishy,

at the end of the series, i'd love to hear Phil Gould to say nuthin' ...zero... zilch :!:

I'm sick of seeing and hearing ole putty-face :evil:

he can't disappear fast enough for me :x

QUEENSLAND x 14

Onewood
1st July 2004, 06:07 PM
Phil Gould for Australian Coach....at least he has a personality 8)

Mighty BLUES by 24 :D

Jarro
1st July 2004, 06:09 PM
Phil Gould for Australian Coach....at least he has a personality 8)

Mighty BLUES by 24 :D

open the window Kev.....

.. the paint fumes are gettin' to 'ya :roll:

wavemaker
2nd July 2004, 08:13 AM
dont know about 24 kevin but you are on the right track.

Jarro
2nd July 2004, 08:21 AM

you guys are dreamin' :roll:

Onewood
2nd July 2004, 11:38 AM

Don't forget to spend some time in the chat room you QLDers :D I'll have the tissues ready :wink:

Jarro
2nd July 2004, 11:49 AM

Don't forget to spend some time in the chat room you QLDers :D I'll have the tissues ready :wink:

i'll be there :D

Onewood
2nd July 2004, 11:56 AM
And no picking on the ref like you blokes did after game 2 :wink:

Jarro
2nd July 2004, 12:00 PM
And no picking on the ref like you blokes did after game 2 :wink:

oh you've got to be kidding me :!: :!: :shock: :x

Onewood
2nd July 2004, 05:53 PM
The MIGHTY BLUES

Could'nt see it when I opened the page :wink: :D

Golfgirl
4th July 2004, 11:28 AM
Well, being part of a mixed marriage, (Matt's a bloody NSW'man), all I can say is that Qld had better win this next game - I've got a lot riding on it.... :lol: :lol:

Go Queenslander!!!

Jarro
4th July 2004, 01:20 PM
QUEENSLANDER

'nuff said :wink:

Eag's
4th July 2004, 03:03 PM
Phil Goulds head is so ugly Arnotts signed him up to model for their Gorilla biscuits :) and to top it off he can't coach for shit.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Onewood
4th July 2004, 06:37 PM
Phil Goulds head is so ugly Arnotts signed him up to model for their Gorilla biscuits :) and to top it off he can't coach for s#$%.

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES

lucky we have moderators.....thanks for putting this poor boy on the right track :D

Eag's
4th July 2004, 08:38 PM
Hey Kev, we will see who has the last laugh mate :twisted: :wink:

Jarro
5th July 2004, 10:06 AM
2 sleeps to go .... :D

Jarro
7th July 2004, 12:54 PM
tonights the night lads :!: \:D/

be sure to drop into the chatroom at halftime to have a bitch about the game 8)

Fishman Dan
7th July 2004, 03:33 PM

You'd wanna turn up Jarro ;)
When it's 30-0 to the Blues and you're crying into your pink hankies, we want you (of all people) online :smt112

Courty
7th July 2004, 04:24 PM
I'll be in the chatroom as soon as I get back from watching QUEENSLAND WIN on the bigscreen at the pub! :twisted:

Jarro
7th July 2004, 04:36 PM

You'd wanna turn up Jarro ;)
When it's 30-0 to the Blues and you're crying into your pink hankies, we want you (of all people) online :smt112

i thought you were a relocated QUEENSLANDER :?

oh well, guess you'll just have to cop the spray as well.....
..when we smash you gutless cockies :twisted:

Onewood
7th July 2004, 05:08 PM
not sure if I've mentioned this before :wink:

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Jarro
7th July 2004, 05:13 PM

GO TO HELL YOU STUPID BLUES

:wink:

Onewood
7th July 2004, 05:26 PM

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

wavemaker
7th July 2004, 09:05 PM
end of section.

drunken
7th July 2004, 09:05 PM
GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!!!

damoocow
7th July 2004, 09:09 PM
well done - your good things [ aka the appointed referee] did your bidding well - enjoy.
damoocow

Onewood
7th July 2004, 09:26 PM

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Jarro
8th July 2004, 05:36 AM
well, i gotta admit that you dirty blues were too good for us on the night :(

good to see the back of Gus for the last time ... i think origin will only be better for his departure :wink:

We'll be back next year :!:

drunken
8th July 2004, 07:52 AM
good to see the back of Gus for the last time ... i think origin will only be better for his departure :wink:

Just like it's much better without WAAAAAYYYYYNNNEEEEEE

mike
8th July 2004, 09:53 PM
I've heard rumours Channel 9 are facing a $10 000 fine for bringing the game into disrepute. Apparently there were just a few too many close ups of Gus Gould's shaving accident.
Where's the spew emoticon.

Jarro
9th July 2004, 08:27 AM
who the hell does Gould think he is :x

slagging off at the poor old journo's ... who never tell porkie pies :wink:

I'm glad to see the back-end of the prick .... may his long reign of terror finally come to an end :D

I think they should bring him back as the pre-game entertainment next year, where he can sing his favourite song " what about me"

Onewood
9th July 2004, 04:47 PM

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Could'nt let this die :P Gus for PM :D