PDA

View Full Version : Alpha ProSpec Wedge

simmsy
18th February 2010, 04:25 PM
who would be cheapest in Oz for these heads?

i've been quoted $60 each here in perth.

http://www.alpha-golf-clubs.com/products.php?cat=79

just
18th February 2010, 04:33 PM
I don't think you will be able to find them much cheaper than that Simmsy, I think that's almost cheaper than US pricing.

TourFit
18th February 2010, 05:07 PM
I have two here simmsy...come in and have a look.

To be honest, I was disappointed with them, truth be told. I reckon the TourFit Spin Milled Jap Forged are WAY better (and I can do them cheaper too !!!)

You can pick up your MOI at the same time !!!

simmsy
18th February 2010, 10:43 PM
....and i keep telling you tourfit, your wedges have WAY too much bounce on them.
playing a 9*bounce LW might be alright at airy-fairy Mt Lawley, but it don't cut it around tight courses that demand precision like Hartfield.;)

You get me in one of your forged LW with <4*bounce and i will buy it.

Johnny Canuck
18th February 2010, 11:19 PM
I took a look at the wedges today Simmsy when I was up at Fits.

I didn't like them.

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 01:00 AM
I use a 53.9 and 58.8 with no probs at HF.

Get Fit to give you a custom grind. Then you'd be UBER cool. I'm up there tomorrow. I might borrow his letter punch tools and personalise
my wedges. That if he has any!!! (Tools not wedges).

TourFit
19th February 2010, 02:35 PM
I did a custom grind on my 60* LW simmsy...just to remove some bounce from the heel section to get the leading edge down. Came out a treat.

The std 60* has 9* bounce...if you grind down the heel and centre sole section it should be fine. The 52* has 8* anyway, which is about right for a GW...if you end up bending it a little weaker in loft, THEN you could do a little grind off it too...

MW, I DON'T have stamping tooling...TourFit wedges are exclusive enough, I don't need them ;)

TourFit
19th February 2010, 02:37 PM
....and i keep telling you tourfit, your wedges have WAY too much bounce on them.
playing a 9*bounce LW might be alright at airy-fairy Mt Lawley, but it don't cut it around tight courses that demand precision like Hartfield.;)

You get me in one of your forged LW with <4*bounce and i will buy it.

'Cos woodchips demand precision !!!!

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 02:38 PM
eBay it is then for a set. I'm thinking Mr Yang would look good stamped on my wedges.

MegaWatty
19th February 2010, 02:40 PM
'Cos woodchips demand precision !!!!

I've worked the woodchips out.

1. Hit the green
2. If 1 fails play the shot like a bunker shot.
:)

simmsy
20th February 2010, 02:08 AM
yeah, can't say the woodchips give me too many problems from the center of the green.

'fit you got one of your forgings i could have a hit with?

TourFit
20th February 2010, 01:43 PM
I'll lend you my ground 60* Finley...it has a man's shaft in it though, so you might find it a little too much too handle!!!:mrgreen:

simmsy
20th February 2010, 05:30 PM
I'll lend you my ground 60* Finley...it has a man's shaft in it though, so you might find it a little too much too handle!!!:mrgreen:

hey i can handle my own manly shaft just fine thank you.

yeah i will give it a swing then mate if you don't mind.

the bounce on your 52 & 56 are fine it's just the 60 might need a little tweaking.

adlo
20th February 2010, 07:35 PM
What is wrong with the 588s simmsy?

You need to play more golf mate! All this boredom is turning you into the sneakiest WA ho of all!