PDA

View Full Version : Macarthur Grange Precept Challenge "Good Friday"

Grunt
16th March 2005, 01:10 PM
Hi All

Anyone interested in playing Macarthur Grange on Good Friday 25th March?
It is the Precept challenge, stableford off the back tees. 1st prize is either a Precept Bag or Driver, other prizes are balls, 2 nearest to pin prizes plus longest Drive.

Cost is $39 with Cart or $20 without Cart

I spoke with the club this morning and was told numbers would not be a problem.

So if any of you want to play I will put names down. Just reply with club and handicap, I will book it once I get an idea of numbers.

Virgal_Tracy
16th March 2005, 01:19 PM
Grant,

What is the entry fee for the day? Interested but must speak to the Minister of War and Finance.

Grunt
16th March 2005, 01:25 PM
Virgal

See 1st post Cost is on there now

I will find out I think it is something like $20 plus cart fee. $38 seems to ring a bell but I will find out. i am playing there tomorrow in the Men Of League Charity Day, I will ask then if I dont find out beforehand.

Trung
16th March 2005, 01:29 PM
Grunt,

I think I'm playing there with a social group on that day at your course. I will check. :D

Grunt
16th March 2005, 01:38 PM
Costs have been added to 1st post.

Was told by club tee times should still be available as late as Tuesday, but the earlier we get numbers the better for the pick of the times.

What is everyones prefered Tee time also?

jimandr
16th March 2005, 09:30 PM
As long as tee time is not 6.54am or earlier :lol: , I'll play.

As Trung will attest, the later the better for me, but I'll make a special effort. Have driven past Mac Grange a lot recently and it doesn't look too bad at the moment.

Virgal_Tracy
17th March 2005, 10:42 AM
Still need ministerial approval but should be good. Have a mate who's interested but he also needs to talk to the dictator. Between 7am & 8am is good for me. Early start would be good.

1. Grunt
2. Jimandr
3. Virgal (Riverlands G.C. golflink 2022201894)
4. Jason (Riverlands G.C. golflink 2022201895)

Hopefully will have confirmation either tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Can M.G. be walked or should we definitely be getting carts. Is it the hilly one or is that Camden Lakeside? The M.G. website looks as though it is hill but to what extent?

Thanks

Grunt
18th March 2005, 11:06 AM
It is the hilly one.

Andrew
18th March 2005, 02:18 PM
I unfortunately can't play (Good Friday is a bit of a busy day for me :lol: ), but can I suggest that you pay the extra money & get a cart.

Hope you have a good day.

Grunt
21st March 2005, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys

I will book a tee slot this afternoon for between 7:30 - 8.

Could you all pm me your handicaps and full names as the pro shop pre prints the card the day before to speed up your time in the pro shop on the morning.

See you all friday for the game. I will post details up as soon as i have confirmed a tee time later today.

Grunt
21st March 2005, 03:19 PM
Ok
1 group booked 8am tee off

Grant
Jim
Virgal
Jason

Was reminded by pro shop staff to remind you all that dress rules are strict, no demin allowed but I told them not to worry and that you would all be dressed appropriatly. See you all Friday around 7:45.

Virgal_Tracy
22nd March 2005, 08:18 AM
Grant,

sorry to do this but minister has revoked playing rights saying that it is family day. Jason's wife now will not let him out either. We were both looking forward to it. Hope this gives the club plenty of time to replace us in the group.

If no one else notices we can put in a dodgy score so that you and Jim can get some much needed POTY points.

We will come out and join you at M.G. soon

Vince

Grunt
22nd March 2005, 11:27 AM
Hi all

With Virgil & Jason unavailable 2 spots free at 8am on Friday. I will keep it open as long as I can so if anyone else wants to join Jim & myself, just let me know.

Jono
22nd March 2005, 11:59 AM
I am 82.4% sure I can play Friday morning, so can I put my name down? :lol: I'll be driving down from Chatswood/Frenchs Forest area, so I am thinking it will take me a good hour to get there ... umm, where is it, exactly?

Jono
22nd March 2005, 12:02 PM
Grant,

sorry to do this but minister has revoked playing rights saying that it is family day.

So your minister is not a golfer then ... :wink: :lol:

Virgal_Tracy
22nd March 2005, 12:43 PM
Actually she is but for a non religious person she fels strongly that Good Friday is for family not for playing Golf.

I tried to tell her it is a religion with more followers than most religious faiths but that didn't go over too well.

She's in the family way so if I have to concede a small victory to her to
a) keep the peace and
b) gain permission for future rounds then I will grudgingly do so.

Enjoy guys and trust me i will be thinking of you.

Grunt
22nd March 2005, 02:39 PM
Ok All

A few changes

Tee Time 9:34am

1. Grant
2. Jim
3. Jono
4. ?

Jono, it is on Raby Rd, Varroville. It is the road Camden Lakeside is on. Not sure if going through the city and getting on the M5 would be the easiest for you on a Saturday morning but it takes me about 45min to 1 hour from the airport.

Get to Camden valley way exit (1st exit after Liverpool) of the M5 (Careful New exit due to M7 roadworks) Turn right once you get to Camden Valley way and follow that until you see Camden Lakeside (About 15min Raby Road) Follow that for about 4km and you will drop into a valley with the golf course on the right.

Jono
22nd March 2005, 02:53 PM
... Not sure if going through the city and getting on the M5 would be the easiest for you on a Saturday morning ...

Thanks for the directions, but I thought the game was this Friday? If it is Saturday, I can't make it.

Grunt
22nd March 2005, 02:55 PM
You are right Jono it is Friday, I was having a brain fade, thinking I normally play saturday mornings

jimandr
22nd March 2005, 09:59 PM
Jono,

Macarthur Grange is on the same road as Camden Lakeside, about 1km east, just over the next hill. A very different type of course though.

In Good Friday (and it had better be Friday :P ) traffic you should get there in less than an hour and ten, but allow a bit more.

Still not too late to get a fourth I hope :)

Grunt
23rd March 2005, 09:42 PM

1. Grant
2. Jim
3. Jono
4. Trung? Maybe 9 am tomorrow confirmation

Trung
24th March 2005, 10:24 AM

1. Grant
2. Jim
3. Jono
4. Trung

FREE ELECTRIC CARTS WILL BE PROVIDED TOMORROW.
Don't ask me how, always a bonus to play with me :wink:

Jono
25th March 2005, 02:41 AM

1. Grant
2. Jim
3. Jono
4. Trung

FREE ELECTRIC CARTS WILL BE PROVIDED TOMORROW.
Don't ask me how, always a bonus to play with me :wink:

Love your work, Trung. So I don't need to bring my ... I mean my mummy's electric buggy then ... :wink: :lol:

Now I'd better get some SLEEP! :?

Grunt
25th March 2005, 03:30 PM
Well a good round was had by all I think,

Jono 40 points
Jim 32 Points
Grant 31 Points
Trung 29 points.

Nothing too spectacular happened apart from me having an airswing on the 5th, just making the ladies tees on the 8th.

Thanks for coming guys

Onewood
25th March 2005, 06:18 PM
Well a good round was had by all I think,

Jono 40 points
Jim 32 Points
Grant 31 Points
Trung 29 points.

Nothing too spectacular happened apart from me having an airswing on the 5th, just making the ladies tees on the 8th.

Thanks for coming guys

Well done Jono, who are you playing in round one :roll: look out whoever it is :D

Trung, don't feel so bad Mitchell only had 29 today aswell :D

Grunt
25th March 2005, 06:42 PM
Oops I left out that Trung ran over my putter with the golf cart on 17 to turn it into a chipper with about 5 * loft :roll: Don't worry can be fixed.

Would love to say that was the reason for the 1 point - wipe finish, but I just played bad golf towards the end of the round.

Trung
25th March 2005, 07:04 PM
Trung, don't feel so bad Mitchell only had 29 today aswell :D

nasty Kev, :twisted:

============================
My report....

Thanks all for coming. I had a great meal and beers after our round. 8)

Grant was great. He gave us all the in and out, where to hit and where not to hit. But he forgot to tell me not to run over his putter :oops: . A much better player than his hcp of 23. Also, getting 2 shots on a Par 3 is wrong. :wink:

Jono, great score mate. Back at the New Brighton Xmas Open, Jimandr said this to me. "Watching Trung play was a bit like watching me play lots of good shots, but a few bad ones. The difference is that he has 10 handicap, and I don't."

I would like to use that line against Jono now 8) .... Warning... This man is striking the ball very well so look out for him... I will still beat him if there is a matchplay :twisted: .

Jimandr, it was nice to see you out of bed early this time. Could have been a better score if the greens were smaller. Way too many long putts :shock: .

As for myself, I started with a good drive on the 1st and then caught the bogey train.
Front 9s. 7 bogeys + 2 pars for 14 points.
Back 9s. 10th - 3 points, 11th - 3 points, 12th - 3 points. I got myself back to 1 down after 3 holes on the back 9s.

Par 3, 13th...... 175m Par 3, somehow I ended past the green by 40m after a good shot at the green. My tee shot landed on a sprinkler head a few meters in front the green and off it went over the hill. Stop 40m past the green down a valley. Wiped the hole and that was the end of me. I guess along the way I had my fair share of luck so I bite my tongue and leave it as that. Cruel Game :evil: .

Lowest point of the round was when I ran over my partner's (Grant) putter with the golf cart. The putter now has plenty of L.O.F.T :oops:

Sorry Grant, hope you get it sorted or could use it as a chipper :idea: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Onewood
25th March 2005, 07:57 PM
Could we have a bit more detail on this running over of a putter :shock:

Was it still in Grants hands, did Grant throw it under the wheel on you Trung :D was Trung doing wheelies on the green [-X Grant did you out putt Trung all day :?: I've seen Trungie try some dirty trick's :roll: even tried to get me and Jarro lost on a golf course once :smt023 :lol:

Trung
25th March 2005, 08:17 PM
Grant did you out putt Trung all day :?:

35 putts for 17 holes. :oops:

+ another 3x 1 putt from just off the green on 2nd, 3rd and 7th. :oops:

Thats a total of 39 shots (for 17 holes) with the putter out of 83 for the day.

Even you on your best day could have got me. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jimandr
25th March 2005, 09:09 PM
I was there and I saw the putter incident.

It was on the long, difficult par 3 17th, where Grunt had missed the green to the left, and the ball had trickled into the long grass, where golf balls are difficult to find. Trung had missed the green on the other side, and taken control of the cart.

Grunt had taken his chipping club and putter with him. When we couldn't find the ball, Trung drove over to help. He did help by finding the ball, but then ran over the putter, which was laying on the ground.

Now, to the rest of game. I shared a cart with Jono, who was great company and played well. He missed a few short putts, but made a few on the back side, including for two birdies in a row. He won't be on 10 for long.

I didn't play particularly well, but not badly either. For those who know the course, I hit the last 6 greens in regulation, but I was 50 feet or more from the hole on 5 of the 6, and three putted each of the three par 3's.

The one story not yet told.

We were playing $5 a side. On the front, Trung burst to the early lead after we all started poorly, and we were giving him the money after 4 holes (and he was counting it). After the par 3 where we all got shots except Trung, and recorded three pointers or better against his 1 point, the momentum changed. So much so that on the 9th (a reachable par 5) Jono and Grunt were tied, I was 1 behind and Trung was out of contention. Grunt was getting a shot. They both had putts to win and missed, then I missed my birdie putt to tie that would've given me a win on countback. So Grunt won the first 9 on countback.

Jono cleaned up the second nine and the 18 hole total.

A good time was had by all.

Jono
25th March 2005, 10:41 PM
Onewood,

Pete (3oneday) is my 1st round victim ... :twisted: :wink: Playing him at Trungie's home course Carnarvon on Monday. Should be a good match.

Grunt,

Thanks for inviting us to your home course. One of the more interesting courses I've played. Up. Down. Sidehill. Never a flat moment ... :lol:

Trungie,

You started hitting the ball well and I (and Jim) thought you were going to clean up today. Very unlucky on the 3rd where your ball landed level with the pin and sucked back some 40 feet! :shock: As to the ball hitting the sprinkler head ... well nobody actually saw that. We sort of lost it in the air. I think you just forgot to put the granny swing on it and hit it normally ... downwind, downhill ... 200+ meter 3 iron over the back, I reckon. BTW, you seem to be hitting the new R7 (with the Speeder shaft) better than the previous one. Nothing granny about your driver mate ... 8)

Jim,

Fine exhibition of straight driving (and at times long) and hitting greens in regulation. Those long putts cost you though ... Next time, may I suggest aiming for the PIN ... :lol:

I had great fun (the 40 points helped ... :lol: ) and look forward to playing again on Monday.

Onewood
26th March 2005, 12:04 AM
You started hitting the ball well and I (and Jim) thought you were going to clean up today. Very unlucky on the 3rd where your ball landed level with the pin and sucked back some 40 feet! :shock: As to the ball hitting the sprinkler head ... well nobody actually saw that. We sort of lost it in the air. I think you just forgot to put the granny swing on it and hit it normally ... downwind, downhill ... 200+ meter 3 iron over the back, I reckon. BTW, you seem to be hitting the new R7 (with the Speeder shaft) better than the previous one. Nothing granny about your driver mate ... 8)

:lol: :lol: Now the truth is coming out :lol: :lol: thanks for clearing that up Jono :lol:

Grunt
26th March 2005, 03:45 PM
Grant[/b] was great. He gave us all the in and out, where to hit and where not to hit. But he forgot to tell me not to run over his putter :oops:

Putter is now fixed, restraightened and now putts fine too. Will be wary next time Trung is in the cart near me.

amanda
29th March 2005, 10:52 AM
Any pics guys?

Grunt
29th March 2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry Amanda

Everyone forgot cameras, Jono and I even spoke of it during the round.

markTHEblake
29th March 2005, 08:55 PM
Jono 40 points
Jim 32 Points
Grant 31 Points
Trung 29 points.

pls post the scores using the Ozgolf nicknames when yo have a Ozgolf day. On the POTY list of players we already have a Grant and a Grunt, and a Jim and a Jimandr.
this time i worked out who is who but other times i wouldnt notice.

when going through pages and pages of posts looking for scores, i dont spend a lot of time (ie none) reading the posts around it. if i did it would take forever. so its not too easy to decipher who is who, particular for you southerners whom i am not familiar with

Jono
30th March 2005, 01:14 AM
Blakey,

Yep, the Jim we played with is Jimandr, and Grant is Grunt. And he did let out a few grunts that day too ... :wink:

Grunt
30th March 2005, 07:04 AM
Sorry Mark

I forgot to do that and only realised after you posted asking me to do it next time. I will remember next time.

Grunt
30th March 2005, 09:49 AM
Late update

Jono won a ball for coming =2nd on the day (7 people)

Congrats Jono, just think if you had 3 more points a Precept Golf Bag was yours.