PDA

View Full Version : Michael Slater interview .....

Jarro
16th March 2005, 12:01 PM
... did any of you cricket fans watch Enough Rope with Andrew Denton the other night :?:

there was a great interview with Michael Slater where he really opened up and talked about all the ups'n'downs he's experienced through the course of his life ....

.. great stuff :!:

I always used to think he was a bit of a knob, but after watching this interview i tend to think he's mostly just misunderstood :?

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12560611-23212,00.html

Fishman Dan
16th March 2005, 12:09 PM
You're a pushover Jarro.

I heard about the interview, but didn't get to watch it unfortunately. I always thought Slats was great for the game, in the era of the "Draw of Die" test mentality of Australian cricket under Border.

Good to see he's settled into his commentry role - fortunately enough for me it's on Pay TV only.

Flowergirl
16th March 2005, 12:17 PM
Yes......he was very candid wasn't he. Brave thing to go public with mental illness. Hard enough when you're not in the public eye - but so very hard for someone with such a high profile. One in five people suffer from mental illness at some time in their life - but talking about it is still mainly taboo.
I missed the last few minutes of the interview though. I wish him all the best. :)