PDA

View Full Version : "Easter Monday" 7am, 28th March 2005 at Carnarvon

Trung
15th March 2005, 09:38 PM
1. Trung
2. 3oneday

Looking for 2 more players. Aiming for a tee time around 7.30am.

Lateness for tee time (or not turning up at all) due to problem waking up that early will not be tolerated. :lol:

Warning... a few greens are average due to some disease over Jan/Feb.

Onewood
15th March 2005, 09:46 PM
sorry can't make this one mate :cry: easter monday the 28th of March maybe :wink: :D

Trung
15th March 2005, 09:49 PM
whoooooooops.. :arrow: edited

Speirsy11
15th March 2005, 09:52 PM
I'm in Trung.....If you've got a spot....

Speirsy

Trung
15th March 2005, 09:55 PM
I'm in Trung.....If you've got a spot....

Speirsy

Copy and paste mate.... :wink:

1. Trung
2. 3oneday
3. Spreisy11

Jono
16th March 2005, 06:00 AM
1. Trung
2. 3oneday
3. Spreisy11
4. Jono

8)

Speirsy11
16th March 2005, 06:39 AM
1. Trung
2. 3oneday
3. Spreisy11
4. Jono

8)

Awesome.......Sounds like fun guys.

Speirsy

Trung
16th March 2005, 12:54 PM
Rob, what is your home club mate?

Jono, will you have the MP32s by then?

Pete, enuff said or else he will try and sell me more stuff :lol:

3oneday
16th March 2005, 01:05 PM
Pete, enuff said or else he will try and sell me more stuff :lol:whadyaneed ?????? Did you want me to bring the MP32's for you, in the box :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Jono
17th March 2005, 07:22 PM
Trung,

Bad news on the MP 32's ... :? I'll tell you later.

Pete,

Just realized that you are not on the Ozgolf order of merit. Are you an Ozgolf virgin? :oops: :oops: :oops: Could this be your first ever Ozgolf game? :lol:

Speirsy11
17th March 2005, 07:35 PM
St. Charles CC Canada.

Speirsy

3oneday
18th March 2005, 12:07 PM
Trung,

Bad news on the MP 32's ... :? I'll tell you later.

Pete,

Just realized that you are not on the Ozgolf order of merit. Are you an Ozgolf virgin? :oops: :oops: :oops: Could this be your first ever Ozgolf game? :lol:Jono, promise to be gentle with me ??

Pete :shock: :lol: :lol:

Trung
18th March 2005, 12:15 PM
Pete was in a few un-official events with T@Concord and FD@Windsor.

He is not a virgin, but if you must Jono. Feel free to test it out for yourself... :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th March 2005, 12:23 PM
Pete was in a few un-official events with T@Concord and FD@Windsor.

He is not a virgin, but if you must Jono. Feel free to test it out for yourself... :lol:

3oneday is a (less-than?) honourable member of the KKT. His presence is for the love of the game and doughnuts only.

Trung
19th March 2005, 11:49 AM
boys, we are teeing off at 7am.

I took an earlier tee time because we are gaining an extra hour the day before (daylight savings ends on Sunday). So 7am is like 8am right now :wink: .

The sun should be visible as we slap our golf balls down the 1st fairway. :lol:

Speirsy11
19th March 2005, 12:38 PM
Sounds good. See you there....

Speirsy

Jono
19th March 2005, 05:19 PM
How about a little friendly wager? :wink: Each person throws in $10? ( Looks like I'll be the high marker in the group ... :twisted: )

TS
19th March 2005, 05:38 PM
How about a little friendly wager? :wink: Each person throws in $10? ( Looks like I'll be the high marker in the group ... :twisted: )

Jono. Speirsy11 will only accept 3/4 handicap.

Speirsy11
20th March 2005, 07:19 AM

Jono. Speirsy11 will only accept 3/4 handicap.

Pretty tough talk from a guy who spills my beer on me then goes home.

Whats 3/4 of 25 anyway?

Jono, bring your wallet, I've got a few great games we can play to keep it interesting. WITHOUT handicaps, just like how the big boys play.

Speirsy

Speirsy11
20th March 2005, 07:49 AM
Jono

Are you going to have some MP32's for me to hit when we play?

Speirsy

Jono
20th March 2005, 12:25 PM
Jono

Are you going to have some MP32's for me to hit when we play?

Speirsy

Unfortunately, the answer is no ... :cry: The guy in the States who was supposed to order the custom set for me (Nippon stiff flex, 1/4" overlength, standard lie, 1 degree weak loft) is now uncontactable. Not answering my emails. Luckily I haven't paid him yet, and now I am not sure if I should ...

Now about playing without handicaps ...

Jono, bring your wallet, I've got a few great games we can play to keep it interesting. WITHOUT handicaps, just like how the big boys play.

Uhhh ... let's see ... you and Pete play off 4, Trung with his new granny swing plays off 6 (take a couple of shots off for home course advantage) ... I am just managing to play to my current handicap of 10. You can be the big boy, Speirsy ... I just want my handicap ... :wink: :lol: :lol: Seriously, if you can think of a side game that is not too unfair, I'm all for it.

Speirsy11
20th March 2005, 03:13 PM
We'll play Scotch. It's a team game where you don't need handicaps.....Tons of fun too.......

Speirsy

TS
20th March 2005, 03:54 PM
Whats 3/4 of 25 anyway?

Speirsy

I know 3/4 of 25 will be too hard for you to work out.

Trung
20th March 2005, 06:55 PM
Trung with his new granny swing plays off 6

Jono, I'm not the one with mama's electric buggy. :-k :-# :smt016
Spreisy & TS, come on guys, we are adults.... show me some love :smt008 :smt038

Pete, Jono wants MP32s :mrgreen:

Speirsy11
21st March 2005, 06:49 AM
Whats 3/4 of 25 anyway?

Speirsy

I know 3/4 of 25 will be too hard for you to work out.

Trung, nothing but love for you......afterall, we'll likely be partners for scotch, so we need to be on the same page.

TS, I've haven't had to work out a hcp that high since I was about 11, so you'll excuse my lack of interest when scores that high are involved. You ****ing clown.

Speirsy

shavey
23rd March 2005, 11:25 PM
do you have a link for the course? where is it? never heard of it and interested to know more...

Trung
24th March 2005, 05:11 AM
http://www.carnarvongolf.com.au/enter.php

Jarro
24th March 2005, 05:16 AM
don't forget to smile nicely for the camera boys :mrgreen:

3oneday
24th March 2005, 06:16 AM
I'll be the one with the yellow TM R7/rac hat 8) 8) apparently there are only 2 of these hats in Australia :shock: :shock:

Pete

Speirsy11
24th March 2005, 09:01 PM
Jono

Do you go past my place en route to Carnarvon? :?

Speirsy

Jono
24th March 2005, 09:27 PM
Jono

Do you go past my place en route to Carnarvon? :?

Speirsy

That could easily be arranged ... Make sure you have plenty of Moe Norman stories ready ... :wink: :lol:

Send me a PM.

PS. I'll be going EARLY to psyche myself up for the big match against the invincible Pete! :lol:

Pinglauncher
24th March 2005, 09:56 PM
Very interested to see the result of the matchups boys. I'm tempted to drag myself out of bed and take a stroll up the road for a close at hand look.

Trung
25th March 2005, 07:19 PM
See you all on Monday.. Should be a very interesting day. :twisted:

3oneday
25th March 2005, 07:22 PM
oh yessirree :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Trung
27th March 2005, 07:57 AM
Please confirm all details for tomorrow.

John Oh - Royal Bayview - hcp 9? (after 40 points at Macarthur Grange)
Peter Dudgeon - Royal Windsor - hcp 4
Rob Speirs - St. Charles CC Canada - hcp ?

Cheers guys 8)

Speirsy11
27th March 2005, 10:06 AM
Please confirm all details for tomorrow.

John Oh - Royal Bayview - hcp 9? (after 40 points at Macarthur Grange)
Peter Dudgeon - Royal Windsor - hcp 4
Rob Speirs - St. Charles CC Canada - hcp ?

Cheers guys 8)

The rest is correct......See you at 6:30 tomorrow.....

Happy Easter everyone

Speirsy

Jono
27th March 2005, 11:15 AM
I checked today ... still on 10.

See you guys tomorrow.

Speirsy11
27th March 2005, 12:23 PM

See you guys tomorrow.

B
U
R
G
L
E
R

:lol:

Glad you're on my team tomorrow :wink:

See you at 6 in front of the range....

Speirsy

Trung
27th March 2005, 02:58 PM

See you guys tomorrow.

B
U
R
G
L
E
R

Glad you're on my team tomorrow :wink:

See you at 6 in front of the range....

Speirsy

Ok, pete... looks like I will be your caddy tomorrow :wink:

Speirsy11
27th March 2005, 03:44 PM
I forgot about the big match....Does this mean no game of Scotch? Or are you two up for a Match play AND Scotch at the same time?

Speirsy

3oneday
27th March 2005, 04:40 PM
See you at 6 in front of the range....Speirsy
is there a range ?? or nets at least ??

Handicap 5, Scotch ?? don't usually need any extra motivations to play golf, whatever the majority says is fine with me (subject to the mortgage on my house NOT increasing :wink: )

Pete

Jono
27th March 2005, 05:23 PM
B
U
R
G
L
E
R

I haven't shot my handicap at Carnarvon yet ... Hopefully that will change tomorrow. :lol:

Trung
27th March 2005, 09:47 PM
If Scotch has got anything to do with playing of scratch then the answer is NO :wink: .

I think we will stick to the 5 5 5 (front, back and total) each. Simple and easy :wink: .

and if you want to play 2 2 2 with another 12 players (I call them my weekly lunch money donaters). I can arrange that also. :wink:

Trung
27th March 2005, 09:48 PM
Going to bed.. See you all in the morning 8)

Onewood
27th March 2005, 09:49 PM

Hahahahahahahaha very funny Trung :lol: :wink: :D

Trung
27th March 2005, 09:51 PM

Just playing with their heads Kev :wink:

Onewood
27th March 2005, 09:58 PM

Just playing with their heads Kev :wink:

I think they knew that too :D you could have come up with something that was real :lol: have a good one tomorrow :smt023

PS,
:smt015 good night :smt015

Trung
27th March 2005, 10:03 PM
I think they knew that too :D you could have come up with something that was real :lol: have a good one tomorrow :smt023

PS,
:smt015 good night :smt015

I think they don't cos they are all ZZZzzzzZZZzzz right now :evil: . Maybe a phone call (or two) should do the trick :P

Trung
28th March 2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks all for coming.

3oneday - 39 points (Scr 74) :D
Trung - 37 points (Scr 77)
Speirsy - 36 points (Scr 76)
Jono - 28 (Scr 90)

Matchplay 3oneday vs Jono.....

It was 6/5. :shock:

Onewood
28th March 2005, 11:53 AM
I think they don't cos they are all ZZZzzzzZZZzzz right now :evil: . Maybe a phone call (or two) should do the trick :P

It worked Trung :wink: but maybe next time do to whoever you are playing :D

Jono where did you go wrong :?: off the tee, second shots or maybe it was the 5th or 6th shots :lol:

Jono
28th March 2005, 02:15 PM
Jono where did you go wrong :?: off the tee, second shots or maybe it was the 5th or 6th shots :lol:

Where do you want me to start? :lol:

First of all, congrats to Pete. We both got off to a slow start, me spraying my drives all over the place, and Pete with a couple of 3 putts. However, he came good and I struggled. As the score suggests, I was blasted off the course ... You could say, "bludgeoned by the Dudgeon" ... :lol:

First mistake I made was playing with a demo driver ... Callaway GBBII 415cc. Looked nice at the shop and was striping it on their swing machine (Golf Mart at Atarmon). The machine told me 260 meters straight down the fairway. Yeah, right! Hooked a few, blocked a few ... lost total confidence in it (and my swing). Hit a lot of second shots from the trees.

I've been struggling with my swing lately, either blocking it out right or duck hooking it. Even the 40 points I had on Friday was more due to luck than good ball striking. As I was dropping Rob off after the round, we dropped by the range (Rob just happens to live right next to the Macquarie Uni range ... :wink: ) He had a look at my swing and said that I was taking it too far inside and across the line at the top, causing me to come too much from the inside on the way down and flipping it over with the hands. So I tried taking it outside more on the takeaway, and it worked like magic. Much straighter shots and about 10 meters further ... I said to Rob, "Why didn't you tell me this on the course?" :? :lol:

The funny thing is, this is exactly what our club pro told me 3 months ago when I had my last lesson ... What's that they say about teaching old dog new tricks? :lol:

Anyway, despite my form (or lack of), it was heaps of fun. Thanks for inviting us, Trung. I'll see if I can better my handicap next time I play Carnarvon.

marcel
29th March 2005, 08:05 AM
Just saw in the paper that Pete won A grade, well done.

3oneday
29th March 2005, 08:12 AM
Great day, now even better 8) 8) , now all I need is for them to send the card back and my weekend is complete :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys, the company made it worthwhile as well :wink: :D

Pete

Trung
29th March 2005, 10:12 AM
Congrats Pete, make sure you take it off my next purchase :lol: :lol: :lol: .

http://img200.exs.cx/img200/9125/untitled17ke.jpg

3oneday
29th March 2005, 10:46 AM
How about the bloke off 15 who shot 3 over :?: :?: :?: crikeys :!: :!:

Trung
29th March 2005, 10:48 AM
How about the bloke off 15 who shot 3 over :?: :?: :?: crikeys :!: :!:

4 over mate. Get your maths right 8)

What about the bloke with a 918hcp? :shock: :lol: :lol:

BrisVegas
29th March 2005, 11:56 AM
He had a look at my swing and said that I was taking it too far inside and across the line at the top, causing me to come too much from the inside on the way down and flipping it over with the hands.

Hey shsshhhh Jono, you'll tell everyone my secret move! :roll: :lol:

So I tried taking it outside more on the takeaway, and it worked like magic.

Hmmm. Maybe I should try that..... :idea: Or..... I could just slap it around like always and enjoy the company of my playing partners.... :)

Hope it works out for you Jono, and you have the time to groove that new move with LOTS of practice balls. 8)