PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: OLDER Mizuno MP's or other cool looking blades

zigwah
15th February 2010, 07:29 PM
Also will look at other older MP models.

Anyone have any old mizzies they would like to sell?

Would be interested in older cool looking blades also.

Cheap full sets, even full sets of heads

blades that i am looking for do not have have to be in pristine condition, the chrome will be stripped off them, small dents and gouges will be ok,but nothing over the top, grooves worn a little will be ok, just as long as i can try and repair them.

Did i mention cheap? these may never ever see the golf course again :shock: all going well they will but i'm not at that stage yet.

davepuppies
15th February 2010, 07:33 PM
Zig when does this stop??????

Seriously - focus on building your swing around 1 set of clubs, with 1 shaft flex and weight.....

YOU WILL NOT REDUCE YOUR HANDICAP BY CHANGING CLUBS EVERY 2-4 WEEKS!!!!

rant over. Good luck with your search.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 07:34 PM
you have the wrong end of the stick dave?

I am getting into black oxiding to see if i can make some small coin and enjoyment out of it.

davepuppies
15th February 2010, 07:35 PM
Then i apologise....... my comments have been misplaced.....

Good luck with your search and hobby.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 07:37 PM
no problem :)

zigwah
15th February 2010, 07:56 PM
small update :)

shawwwww
15th February 2010, 09:10 PM
I got a set of mp30's i might be looking to move on, pending a set of irons i got coming in sometime this week..

zigwah
15th February 2010, 09:16 PM
Might be a bit new for what i'm looking for?

markTHEblake
15th February 2010, 09:24 PM
i have Golfsmith and two sets of Founders Clubs Forged 200 series.
Though both are in vgc so i dont think they would be good for your experimenting

zigwah
15th February 2010, 09:27 PM
probably not mark i'm looking nice blades that have had their day but have been reasonably looked after, chrome hanging off ok, dings ok, big gouges not so much.

So if they still look like you could get a good price for them as they are you probably don't want to sell them to me

Peter
15th February 2010, 09:33 PM
Have you tried ebay Zig? Should be plenty of cheap sets of old blades there.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 09:34 PM
yeah looked tonight there wasn't much there, i just typed in blades and not much came up

moree golfer
15th February 2010, 09:35 PM
Look on golfwrx zig. I bought my MP14s from there.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 09:37 PM
ok thanx mate, any particular area?

henno
15th February 2010, 09:39 PM
When you look to buy a car you don't type in "sedan". I'd suggest some more informed searches.

markTHEblake
15th February 2010, 09:42 PM
probably not mark i'm looking nice blades that have had their day but have been reasonably looked after, chrome hanging off ok, dings ok, big gouges not so much.

i just had a look, one of the founders clubs has been used much more than the other, usual bag chatter etc, and the 1 iron with that set is mint.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11010&highlight=blades

zigwah
15th February 2010, 09:50 PM
probably out of my reach still mark, thankyou for the offer anyway Mark

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 09:57 PM
what does it cost to black oxide the irons m8 out of interest? might be interested in getting my 33's done pending cost and pics of finish.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:03 PM
No idea i have all the materials and chemicals just need to weld up the mild steel bath and put the chemicals in, i have no idea how much it would cost as i haven't paid for anything

Caustic already had it
Ammonium nitrate present
Plate steel fell of the back of a truck

So probably not that cheap, do you know how hard it is to get hold of pure ammonium nitrate nie on impossible.

Lets see how it goes first and what sort of quality i can turn out, i'll be happy if i can get close to a guy called nicks on ebay who does a lot off black oxiding.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:06 PM
I'll be doing a set of MP33's first so will have a good idea of the finish

Minor_Threat
15th February 2010, 10:06 PM
So probably not that cheap, do you know how hard it is to get hold of pure ammonium nitrate nie on impossible.I make the stuff where I work mate.. Very difficult to get hold of and rightly so, can be very dangerous if not used properly!

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:08 PM
yeah i know it's dangerous but i will take precautions.

How do you apply for a permit MT?

Minor_Threat
15th February 2010, 10:13 PM
yeah i know it's dangerous but i will take precautions.

How do you apply for a permit MT?I got mine through Workcover NSW. Its called SSAN.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:15 PM
if it turns into something bigger i may have to look at that, but for the moment i'm only using a couple of kilos, but i need it or else no black oxide just trying to make some wine money maybe more who knows can't hurt to have a go, well i hope not

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 10:16 PM
Lets see how it goes first and what sort of quality i can turn out, i'll be happy if i can get close to a guy called nicks on ebay who does a lot off black oxiding.

pretty sure I have seen pics of his work looks amazing. how good would the finish wear if you used the clubs on a weekly basis?

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:18 PM
No wear near as quick as gun blue creme, very hardy and durable.

If they are looked after they will last a while.

Actually eats in to the metal 1000th of an inch and adds 500 to 1000th of an inch to the product

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 10:21 PM
would you be doing the paintfill like that dude on ebay does?

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:24 PM
shit yeah!!

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:25 PM
the oxide process is the easy bit the metal preperation is what takes time.

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 10:33 PM
my 33's are already raw as you know so after a quick clean would they be right to go or is there more to it?

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:36 PM
there more to it, try and get any dints out bigger one you would have no hope. and then wire brush the steel and polish it to high shine finish, then chemically clean it then into the bath.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 10:38 PM
if you look real close with the magnifying glass in nicks site on ebay of the 33's he has for sale now, there is a finger print near the heel and hosel that will never come out because the steel was not handled properly after cleaning, just from the oil on someones hands.

Yossarian
15th February 2010, 10:52 PM
Hey JC you still got that old set of mizzy blades?

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 10:58 PM
got a set of maxfli australian blades if your interested zig 3-pw. they are no mizuno's but just thought you might be interested.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:00 PM
got a set of maxfli australian blades if your interested zig 3-pw. they are no mizuno's but just thought you might be interested.

I'm interested if they are a nice looking blade and they are ultra cheap :mrgreen:

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 11:02 PM
they are not in the best nick but that might be mainly the chrome which you will strip away so.....just google them that should give you an idea of what they look like

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:05 PM
are they the ones with australian blade small letters written below Maxfli large letters

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2010, 11:05 PM
Hey JC you still got that old set of mizzy blades?

I traded them to Simmsy for 2 slabs of beer ages ago.

I don't have the game to hit blades and he wanted to improve his ball striking.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:10 PM
Has Simmsy still got em? Not sure if I've got enough bats.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:11 PM
has simmsy still got what?mhave you hit the callys yet?

oncewasagolfer
15th February 2010, 11:15 PM
are they the ones with australian blade small letters written below Maxfli large letters

just went and had a look they dont say australian blade on them at all but dunlop on the sole and maxfli on the back with the model number DP30. they are pretty old and worn but if you want them you can have them very cheap.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:22 PM
I'll send you a pm tomorrow mate.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:22 PM
Nope. Waiting for the grips.

And I need to get them to TF to fix the 5 iron shaft.

On top of that I only get to hit a ball once a week.

Obviously the other guys are on the block. JC had some blades. Etc etc.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:23 PM
didn't see the blades comment

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:26 PM
You deposited Elmos money yet?

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:28 PM
i sent you an email for your details? i dont have your bank details i even threw in a barb saying lucky i didnt owe you thousands, send me your details and i'll get it done mate

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2010, 11:28 PM
has simmsy still got what?mhave you hit the callys yet?

He does. Shoot him a PM, he's been selling some gear lately to cover a lot of recent purchases. It seems he spent more than insurance would allow.

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:29 PM
i sent you an email for your details? i dont have your bank details i even threw in a barb saying lucky i didnt owe you thousands, send me your details and i'll get it done mate

Email failed.

I'll send you a PM when I send off all the grip PMs tonight.

zigwah
15th February 2010, 11:30 PM
have a good one i need to go to bed.

zigwah
no worries.

MegaWatty
He does. Shoot him a PM, he's been selling some gear lately to cover a lot of recent purchases. It seems he spent more than insurance would allow.

Hmmm. Might get 'em cheap. Mizzy or Miura?

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2010, 11:34 PM
Mizzy. If I had Miura blades, I'd never let them go!

Dotty
15th February 2010, 11:42 PM
Found some cheap blades on eBay.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/sis.html?_kw=victa+mower+blades+18%22+suit+most+mo dels+74+on

Oxide away!

MegaWatty
15th February 2010, 11:46 PM

http://shop.ebay.com.au/sis.html?_kw=victa+mower+blades+18%22+suit+most+mo dels+74+on

Oxide away!

:)
:smt038

oncewasagolfer
16th February 2010, 08:05 AM

Oxide away!

ROFLOL:lol:

zigwah
16th February 2010, 08:14 AM

Oxide away!

You had me going Dotty :mrgreen: