PDA

View Full Version : An end to the forged v cast debate...

Scottt
13th February 2010, 07:54 PM
... which also puts to bed the "my Miuras feel way softer than your Titleists" myth.

x3k1PIGh8kU

davepuppies
13th February 2010, 08:01 PM
Interesting! its all about sound and frequency! I guess i will pay more attntion to the noise next time!

adlo
13th February 2010, 08:02 PM
The debate will never end, irrespective of truth.

Other hotly debated topics that will never find a conclusion include:

Cavity vs Blade: how high markers need to have confidence in the thin topline of a blade to shoot low scores.

Draw vs Fade bias drivers: how to bend a fade bias club to produce a draw.

virge666
13th February 2010, 08:09 PM
Dual Muscle... Taylormade RAC technology 8 years later.

FFS.

Yossarian
13th February 2010, 08:11 PM
Rubbish, forged feel like butter and spin more.

markTHEblake
13th February 2010, 09:24 PM
The debate ended more than 30 years ago.

qbnchopper
13th February 2010, 09:27 PM
Who cares .... (a bit grumpy tonight !)

3oneday
13th February 2010, 10:05 PM
I think the new argument is high loft V low loft.

Oldplayer
14th February 2010, 08:46 AM
This was the same supposedly "new" technology Titleist spouted with the introduction of the AP2's. That the club had been frequency tuned to eliminate harsh sounding, therefore harsh feeling shots. Sure, sound of impact does has a big effect in how the golfer percieves the feel of a shot, but it is not the whole story. I have played Ap2's and they felt a little dead and muted to me. In my experience how "solid or sweet" a centre shot feels is the also affected by the muscle position. ie. a higher cog with the weight directly behind the sweet spot (traditional muscleback) generally has the softest, most solid feel at impact

leighthebee
14th February 2010, 08:59 AM
there is no forged vs cast debate in that entire vid.

a marketing vid essentially

perci
5th April 2010, 06:49 PM
This touches on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejaHfAKqZno

razaar
8th April 2010, 09:14 PM
Perci

The lads at Ping would laugh at that piece of marketing. I took my old set of Daiwa Hi-trac irons for a hit yesterday together with the Mizuno MP30's. The Daiwa's are 27 year old with the whisker graphite shaft, the head is made from 17-4 stainless with a blue finish. Once I remembered to hit the Daiwas near the hosel, I came to the conclusion that they are a better all round head than the MP30's. Thinking very seriously about reshafting them and having them in the bag. Do you know if the Daiwa irons of this vintage have tapered shafts? I was thinking of a light weight steel shaft....any suggestions?