PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing March 14th 2005

Flowergirl
14th March 2005, 03:12 PM
Only nine holes today.
Par, par, bogey, bogey, par,par, TRIPLE :twisted: par, bogey. = 43. Par 37

Rotten trees on the easiest par 4 on the course.......GRRRRRRRRR.
Still I was very happy.....my short game was very very nice indeed. 12 putts - thanks Mitchell!!!!!

Didn't drive well but fairway wood shots and iron shots were good ( for me) :wink:

TS
14th March 2005, 03:18 PM
FG. Well done, 5 par in 9 holes is fantastic, should break thru the 20 handicap in your next game.

AndyP
14th March 2005, 03:29 PM
Geezuz..we're posting nine hole scores now are we ?
Maybe I should start posting how I struck the ball around the backyard...sheesh. :roll:
Hang on, weren't you the one who was telling us last year how good you were going over nine holes at Emmy, leading up to the day you got a 13?

Fishman Dan
14th March 2005, 03:57 PM
We were playing for the Tsunami Cup.

Please explain? Did the loser have to skull a schooner of Emmy Lake-water?

Flowergirl
15th March 2005, 10:59 AM
Golfer69.........yes.......if it's a good 9 holes I will report on it. Who made you the "reporting police". Stop being such a nazi. I was very happy cos I've got a bit of form back.
And I only played nine holes cos I had to get home in time to cook my husbands dinner like I'm sure you think all good wives should do. :twisted: :wink:
So there!!!!!!

Flowergirl
15th March 2005, 01:32 PM
FG. Well done, 5 par in 9 holes is fantastic, should break thru the 20 handicap in your next game.

and thanks for your encouragement TS... :D .( not like some people who will remain un-named GOLFER13)

TS
15th March 2005, 01:46 PM

and thanks for your encouragement TS... :D .( not like some people who will remain un-named GOLFER13)

FG. I think we should arrange a 9 nine match on the Easter Monday that I am in Melb, so we can post the score on the board.

Flowergirl
15th March 2005, 02:00 PM

FG. I think we should arrange a 9 nine match on the Easter Monday that I am in Melb, so we can post the score on the board.

That sounds like a great idea. Send me a PM and we can arrange a game. :D

Ona
15th March 2005, 05:44 PM
played 18 today, one over 67.

swing felt great over the front and had one under, with two birds and one bogey. swing sort of left me on the back. was playing thru groups on holes 13-15, didnt line up my putts or take my time on the chips, left 2 shots on those holes. ended up with two over on the back but found an even more extreme putter grip which felt deadly. another small swing fix showing strong potential. overall very happy :D

Keza_G
15th March 2005, 06:53 PM
OK.... so time to list again how crap / great I'm playing..

I had my 2 worst games in the last two weeks that I have had in more than 2 years..... I shot 108 at The Colonial. :shock: :oops:
I had a hook in every club, all clubs were lucky to not have a severe bend in them afterward... I always thought colonial was supposed to be a nice, lush and challenging course..... I was mistaken.... windswept and firm.... very firm.... No excuses, crap game...

Next I played Robina Woods along with Scotty.... we played in the Sunday comp... check my handicap... I had a poutry 20pts (96) once again... poor golf..... Scotty on the other hand went out after not playing since Emerald Lakes (26/02/05) so about 3 weeks... and shoots 69 off the stick at Robina Woods..... 42pts.... won the days comp and a $60 voucher...

So to prove to myself that I actually could play golf I play at Riverlakes after Staff meetings all morning and shot 75 (3 over)..... stoopid me..
I knew I could play golf...... just had to refresh my memory again....

Cheers

Keza

Flowergirl
16th March 2005, 08:16 AM
You just have to believe in yourself Keza. You go and get em girl. :D 108 and then a 75.....what's going on there :shock:

BrisVegas
16th March 2005, 08:46 AM
You just have to believe in yourself Keza. You go and get em girl. :D 108 and then a 75.....what's going on there :shock:

Wow! And I thought I was bad shooting 98 & 80 in consecutive rounds at St Michaels on the same day... I blamed multiple-personality disorder.... :evil: :wink:

What's your excuse Keza? :shock:

Keza_G
16th March 2005, 09:03 AM

Wow! And I thought I was bad shooting 98 & 80 in consecutive rounds at St Michaels on the same day... I blamed multiple-personality disorder.... :evil: :wink:

What's your excuse Keza? :shock:

No excuse Dion, just played crap in the wind.... ok then maybe 4 excuses .........

41 Putts
5/14 FIR
2/18 GIR
and this is a biggy....... 13 lost balls :shock: :shock: :oops:

explains the whole day

Cheers

Keza

Virgal_Tracy
17th March 2005, 10:32 AM
Regular wed pm 9 holes. again played well above weight and went round 6 over for the back 9. Game fell apart towards the end as was even after 6 but finished with double, bogey, triple on last 3 holes.

Driver working about 50% of the time but I am crushing it on those 50% that do work getting up to 260 - 270 on the properly connected ones. 200m and left when I close the face to early but it is improving.

Waiting for the round when all 18 come together. Putting together a full 18 from my last 2 9's and I would've gone around in 8 over. Well below h'cap of 22

Flowergirl
17th March 2005, 03:03 PM
Now i don't know what to do. After G69 has a go at me about reporting on a nine hole game am I allowed to report on a 13 hole game. Won pennant today 6up with five to go!!!!
Wasn't satisfied with squaring holes this week - I wanted to win.
The team lost 2/5 :(

AndyP
17th March 2005, 03:09 PM
Now i don't know what to do. After G69 has a go at me about reporting on a nine hole game am I allowed to report on a 13 hole game. Won pennant today 6up with five to go!!!!
You've said it yourself, FG, who cares about the team? It's all about you and your win. And what a great win it is.
Great to hear that you are thriving under matchplay conditions.

Did you display any of your superior matchplay rules knowledge today?

So what's next week, 9up with 8 to go??

cazandpaul
17th March 2005, 03:26 PM
Reenie - you are a legend :D Is this form going to translate into handicap reductions when next in a comp round :?: Do Gael and/or Kate play in the pennant team and how are they going?

peter_rs
17th March 2005, 03:31 PM
Great form by the girls FG & kezza.

Keza_G
17th March 2005, 04:04 PM

I applaude your superior skills to the rest of your team...... yeah, yeah, team spirit and all that but you go GIRL......

CONGRATS FG !!!! Are you addicted to that winning feeling yet....? Once bitten, you become a fierce creature that prowls the fairways, ready to pounce on any win you can get....

Well Done....

Cheers

Keza

Onewood
17th March 2005, 08:59 PM
Awesome stuff Flowergirl :smt023

Flowergirl
17th March 2005, 09:14 PM
Reenie - you are a legend :D Is this form going to translate into handicap reductions when next in a comp round :?: Do Gael and/or Kate play in the pennant team and how are they going?

Thanks to you all for your encouragement :D
Paul - not playing comp at the moment - I can only take one day off for golf and I'd much rather play pennant. But I hope I can bring that old handicap down asap.
And no - neither Kate or Gael play pennant and they are fine.

By the way guys......I played at the National today. What a great course!!! What a treat. I seriously stood over the putt on the 13th and thought - mmm- maybe I might just miss this so we can keep playing. But I didn't :wink:

AndyP
17th March 2005, 09:17 PM
By the way guys......I played at the National today. What a great course!!! What a treat. I seriously stood over the putt on the 13th and thought - mmm- maybe I might just miss this so we can keep playing. But I didn't :wink:
Which course at National, FG?
I played some of Ocean and all of the Old with JJJ, and loved it. Especially National Old.

Onewood
17th March 2005, 09:30 PM

Thanks to you all for your encouragement :D
Paul - not playing comp at the moment - I can only take one day off for golf and I'd much rather play pennant. But I hope I can bring that old handicap down asap.
And no - neither Kate or Gael play pennant and they are fine.

:? How do you get to play pennants at the National :? :D

Flowergirl
17th March 2005, 09:54 PM
Got to play there Kev - cos we just did!!! We also play Portsea and The Dunes - FOR FREE!!!!!!
We played the Ocean course today AndyP. Such a great course - really would like to play the whole 18 next time. It is in such fantastic condition - jus love it. We were lucky with the weather too. A few light showers - but luckily no wind.
No pennant next week :cry:

Flowerboy (john - my husband) played his first comp today at our club - he finally joined - yea!!! He had a good front nine and a shocker of a back. That was his first card for his handicap. I'm so glad that he'll finally have a handicap cos there are a lot of comps we can both enter.
You guys are fun to play around with - but nothing compares to my husband :D ( aint that sweet)

Trung
17th March 2005, 10:38 PM
79 at Killara :D

Jono
18th March 2005, 05:52 AM
79 at Killara :D

Good score ... That was your first time playing Killara, right? What did you think of the course?

Trung
18th March 2005, 09:35 AM
It was my first time, wery good course Jono.
18 very good holes. I like it. :D

Bruce
20th March 2005, 10:00 AM
WE WON THE GRAND FINAL.

Starting Day 3, Seabrook were 2/26 - still 40 runs behind. We got them all out for 109!! My bowling figures in the second innnings were:

26 overs, 9 Maidens 6 for 47!!!

We ended up losing 4 wickets chasing down the 44 runs required. Mostly from trying to knock the total over quickly so we could get on the piss.

Very rusty today. Sore body from bowling too many overs. Sore head from too much victory flavoured beer. Sore throat from too many renditions of the club song and "We are the champions".

WOO HOO!!

Jono
20th March 2005, 12:15 PM
2BBB Knockout semi-final. We were 3 up after 10 and then me and my partner went to sleep ... All square after 16 ... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I had to sink a 4 footer for par on the 17th to square that hole. I was the only one on the fairway off the last tee, hit a good approach in, just missed the 10 foot birdie putt and tapped in for par and the win! :lol:

Oh yeah ... my partner stayed with me till the end this time ... :wink:

Flowergirl
20th March 2005, 01:38 PM
Way to go Bruce!!!!! Congratulations on your team's win and on your bowling efforts!!!
Hey - now that crickey season is over - we can get together for that Vic Ozgolf Day!!!

And well done Jono.......as I said before - Man of Steel :wink:

McMw
20th March 2005, 02:08 PM
wow....and I thought my 82 was bad yesterday....shot an 84 this morning...

I knew I should have walked off after carving my first t shot OOBs...

hit only 3 fairways, 6 greens, 31 putts, and 2 OOBs and a drive straight into the pond...(5 in all)...

my swing is all over the place...sux!!! :smt017 :smt102 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

990B Luva
20th March 2005, 02:37 PM
Wynnum today, had 87-70 hitting the R540DF jarro has for sale.... damn it was huge

Trung
20th March 2005, 03:40 PM
35 points.. :D

I can feel it coming soon 8) .

senecio
20th March 2005, 04:51 PM
A dissapointing 36 points (if there is such a thing).

Back nine first for 20 points followed by 16 points on the front. I three putted 2 greens on the front nine for 1 point each. :x :x

Ryan

Pinglauncher
20th March 2005, 06:48 PM
41 points today and after 37 points last week I think I might be onto something.

My sons have been playing soccer trials getting ready for the new season. I thought last week was cutting it fine but today we got home from the trial, threw on some clothes and raced up to the course. Luckily we live right opposite and have only a 5 minute walk. Made our tee time by about 90 seconds.

Who needs to stretch and warm up.
:roll: :roll:

AndyP
20th March 2005, 07:15 PM
20/03/05, Wynnum Cup.

Very happy with how I hit it today. Unfortunately, when I hit a bad one, I was really punished for it and had a few holes that weigh down my scorecard.

11/13 effective approaches.
7/18 greens.
31 putts.
-----------
1 birdie (Eagle chip lipped. Nooooooooo! Still waiting for one.)
8 pars
4 bogeys
4 doubles
1 other
Score 42-42-84 nett 71 (par 34-36-70)

Trung
20th March 2005, 07:47 PM
41 points today and after 37 points last week I think I might be onto something.

41 points is a big effort consider that pins were placed for pennants from this morning =D> . What is your hcp pinglauncher?

I had a 3 putts to start with on the 10th. :evil:

BrisVegas
20th March 2005, 08:53 PM
20/03/05, Wynnum Cup.

11/13 effective approaches.
7/18 greens.
31 putts.
-----------
1 birdie (Eagle chip lipped. Nooooooooo! Still waiting for one.)
8 pars
4 bogeys
4 doubles
1 other
Score 42-42-84 nett 71 (par 34-36-70)

Yay, I beat AndyP for a change!!

77 ( 42 + 35 ) nett 70.
9 fairways
10 GIR
33 putts
Left a few out there. Didn't cope with the sledging and club-throwing antics of the stoney machine. Funny how he always manages to look so grumpy and still shoot a 68 off the beater... :roll:

AndyP
20th March 2005, 09:03 PM
I'm worried that you get so much pleasure out of that.
But if people want to aspire to be as good as me, then so be it. :roll:

jimandr
20th March 2005, 09:14 PM
We must be a chance of finding out Pinglauncher's h'cap by reading the paper tomorrow. 41pts must be a big winning chance.

Nobody read my name in the Sunday papers after another fairly disappointing round on Saturday.

I don't know whether to be depressed or encouraged by my 34pts.

The stats:

Fairways: 10 of 14, but only one that cost me anything
Greens: 9 of 18, and another two just off the back edge that I didn't count
Up and Down: 1 of 5, more the fault of the putter than the chipping
Sand Saves: 1 of 4
Putts: 36, with three three-putts and some others missed within 6 feet. 1 birdie.

This was my first game with a new putter, and I needed to adjust my stroke a little to make it work. Twice I was up against the collar, and both times I left the putt 4 feet short. But I finished quite well.

I hit the ball quite well, so I am encouraged by that. Could be coming into form just in time for the MatchPlay, but at the moment my opponent shouldn't give me any putt over two feet.

McMw
20th March 2005, 09:27 PM
yuck....learnt nothing from the additional 9 holes this evening...41

did the same thing...2 OOBs, and drove into the water again on the 6th...IDIOT!!!

Jarro
20th March 2005, 09:37 PM
86 at Wynnum with the girls today.

7 faiways
7 GIR
35 putts :oops: my worst putting round that i can remember :oops: :oops:

Courty
20th March 2005, 09:55 PM
I had -2 (81) in an individual bogey event. Not bad considering I was laid up with a bulging disc in my lower back only a week ago. Hit some very ordinary shots early in the round (first cold-top in a couple of years :roll: ) to turn at -2. Maybe I was tensing up to protect my back, even though it felt fine. Anyhow, relaxed in the 2nd 9 and shot 3 over for square. Stats were ordinary. FIR: 29% GIR: 29% Putts: 30

BrisVegas
21st March 2005, 08:00 AM
I'm worried that you get so much pleasure out of that.
But if people want to aspire to be as good as me, then so be it. :roll:
Sorry Andy. It doesn't give me THAT much pleasure. I'll think of it as an unexpected bonus. :wink:

I was actually just surprised and happy to shoot my hcap at Wynnum. It's a course (like McLeod) where there is no way I should have any difficulty, but last time round there I think I had 85 or some crap like that... After starting bogey, triple-bogey, I thought I was in for another one of those rounds, but put in a good second nine to salvage a score. Looking forward to another game in a month or so... When's the McLeod Cup again! 8)

AndyP
21st March 2005, 08:20 AM
Looking forward to another game in a month or so... When's the McLeod Cup again! 8)
April 16th. You haven't registered in the thread yet.
Hmmm, maybe I should book four groups just in case.

peter_rs
21st March 2005, 08:32 AM
Ok guys played wantima on Sunday in a hackers day had a -1(92) and came second. The winner was -2. The $30 HOG prize makes my time worth it. I played like a dog, still learning my new driver, I only got 4 fairways but I was pin high on the 7th (270m) and in the greenside sand on the 17th (250m). I could not chip to save my life. I would hit an ok drive to within 70m (half in the trees) and spend 3 shots chipping to the green. I only had 32 putts(3x3 putts). It was a fun day.

As a side note hackers are after new players as there major sponsour has commited to $10,000 for the next 12 month of prizes($800+ an event)(currently about 20 guys play hoping to lift it to 40. I think ozgolf could do that in one hit). Not bad for a social club that is free to join.

Stoney
21st March 2005, 09:53 AM
20/03/05, Wynnum Cup.

Left a few out there. Didn't cope with the sledging and club-throwing antics of the stoney machine. Funny how he always manages to look so grumpy and still shoot a 68 off the beater... :roll:

Sorry mate I did not realise that you did not cope with the sledging too well. I will stay quite next time, I only threw one club (twice), and it deserved it (stupid Sand Wedge)!!!!

Any way, It was a tough day coming off a 3 month break, but I can't be too disapointed with a win.

11 Greens
6 Fairways
28 Putts (it still works)

35-35=70 (Net 68)

Could have been soooo much better.

macleod
21st March 2005, 09:54 AM
fun day at wynnum, loved the company. there's was no battle royale in the end which was a big disappointment, i wanted to see spittle boys!

i explained to Rich that i now make a semantic allowance in self-assessment...i no longer "play golf" i now say "i golf", which matches what i do now perfectly ;)

52 front 9 with plenty of shocker 3 over pars, 41 back 9 with 5 pars on the way in...sheesh.

of the 7 pars, only 2 were from gir's....ahahahahaha. ack, eeep....

BrisVegas
21st March 2005, 11:28 AM
20/03/05, Wynnum Cup.

Sorry mate I did not realise that you did not cope with the sledging too well. I will stay quite next time.

:lol: :lol: I actually drained a few 5-6 footers while you were taunting me with the "why don't you putt left handed? no, seriously!" gags. The couple of times you looked away while I was putting, I lipped out from the same distance.... I think I actually thrive on the berating.

My game turned around with the sand save on 18 and U&D on 2 and I played the last 10 holes 1 over. Happy with that, but would love the time to work on my greenside chipping.... :roll:

28 putts for you...
33 putts for me...

Think that tells the story. You should post your other stats. My rough calc is that you got up and down 7 of 9 attempts yesterday. :shock: I think that's the telling difference between you and the rest of us.

Trung
21st March 2005, 11:40 AM
Par 70 with a CCR for Cup day of 67?

Short course? :?

BrisVegas
21st March 2005, 11:42 AM
Par 70 with a CCR for Cup day of 67?

Short course? :?
Yes, fairly short. Maybe 5500m ?

We played off the tips, with tough pin positions thrown in too. It was the "Wynnum Cup" after all. If you're sensible off the tee, the course is pretty easy. If you try and overpower it with driver there are plenty of nasty places to end up.

Pinglauncher
21st March 2005, 11:59 AM

41 points is a big effort consider that pins were placed for pennants from this morning =D> . What is your hcp pinglauncher?

I had a 3 putts to start with on the 10th. :evil:

Hi Trung

I was off 16 yesterday so have probably dropped another stroke. I struggled on the greens most of the day. It was a pity as I hit the ball better than I have in a long time.

PingLauncher