PDA

View Full Version : What really P**ses you off on the course?

mint
12th February 2010, 03:47 PM
5. Groups not letting single golfers through
4. Players that wait 15 mins for people to exit the green when they are 300 away and their drive went 20 meters
3. a-holes that DONT repair divot marks
2. pillics that mark their card WHILST STILL ON THE GREEN !!

1. PEOPLE THAT PICK UP STRAY BALLS ON THE COURSE.. LEAVE THEM ALONE PEOPLE - YOU DONT KNOW IF THAT BALL IS IN PLAY.
IF YOUR THAT HARD UP I WILL GIVE YOU A BALL !!!! :smt013

Jarro
12th February 2010, 03:53 PM
Chill out man, you sound like a heart-attack waiting to happen :shock:

AndyP
12th February 2010, 04:03 PM
My eyes hurt from all the yelling.

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2010, 04:04 PM
I can understand 4. I'd rather someone wait than get drilled in the back by a ball.

mint
12th February 2010, 04:04 PM
Chill out man, you sound like a heart-attack waiting to happen :shock:

haha ohh cmon am i the only person that doesnt like those things?

adlo
12th February 2010, 04:05 PM
I tend to agree with the points you make.

I will add:

People who pick up their ball from the cup with their putter and damage the turf around the cup. Stupid and lazy.

Bruce
12th February 2010, 04:15 PM
Did #1 happen to you at Eynesbury?

As for #2 - what is wrong with that? Do you mean they are standing on the green marking cards when they should be heading to the tee? Or just a smart player getting it done at the first available opportunity?

JohnLLL
12th February 2010, 04:17 PM
Pitch marks on the green.
Last sunday at eynesbury someone had taken a huge divot out of the green near the hole! Right in my putting line. there was bits of green all over the place. I had never seen anything like it.

mint
12th February 2010, 04:29 PM
Did #1 happen to you at Eynesbury?

As for #2 - what is wrong with that? Do you mean they are standing on the green marking cards when they should be heading to the tee? Or just a smart player getting it done at the first available opportunity?

Number 1 happened to me 2 weeks ago at the Growling Frog . Strayed a ball off a tee into the short rough saw it land and after the group walking up the other hole came through it wasnt there anymore... questioned the guy about it and denied it..

yeah i mean standing on the green while they should be walking to the next tee..

Tongueboy
12th February 2010, 06:07 PM
thats what it amounts to. this waiting for every ****ing bogan on every hole when they have not got a ****ing clue about course manners gives me the shits big time.

I am casting my eyes towards Newcastle.....

Ferrins
12th February 2010, 06:21 PM
Flags lying on the green because some tosser didn't put in properly.

3oneday
12th February 2010, 06:22 PM
Shouldn't this be moved to the other what pisses you off thread anyway ?

Tongueboy
12th February 2010, 06:28 PM
no

Ferrins
12th February 2010, 06:32 PM
How about a what pisses you off in a what pisses you off thread.

markTHEblake
12th February 2010, 07:23 PM
What really P**ses you off on the course? (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=442672#post442672)

People that get pissed off about stuff while playing golf

zigwah
12th February 2010, 07:47 PM
throwing clubs and bashing of bags makes no sense to me, not sure it pisses me off, i just shake my head

razaar
12th February 2010, 08:12 PM
It is hard not to be p!ssed when you pay big time for missed shots while your playing partner hits worse shots and gets away with murder. Rub of the green can be hard to take at times so it is best not too take it too seriously and try to see a funny side. My new thought is seeing Ferrins waiting in the mangroves hoping to catch the crabpot thief.;)

matty
13th February 2010, 09:48 AM
1) Unrepaired pitch marks. You hit the green, it's there. Repair it for gods sake.
2) Ball thieves. Caught one last round. I saw him pick it up. He said, 'I thought it was just laying there'. What an einstein.
3) This might be politically incorrect but those really old geriatrics that can barely walk anymore, drive a cart, and still hold everyone up. Give it away.

3oneday
13th February 2010, 10:18 AM
no

why ?

mike
13th February 2010, 12:46 PM
Motorised buggies. This not a dig at anyone, I just despise the things.

Dazza
13th February 2010, 05:43 PM
People who talk too much.

People who put far too much pressure on themselves, and put themselves down after each shot. Even though the shot still ended up either A) on the fairway or B) on the green.

Hackers who feel they're qualified enough to give other hackers (Like myself) advice mid-round.

People who ask "What club are you hitting on this Par 3"

JohnLLL
13th February 2010, 05:52 PM
lipping out birdie putts.
That sucks.

Dotty
13th February 2010, 06:50 PM
5. Groups not letting single golfers through

You forgot ...

6. Wondering why no-one will play golf with you.

Webster
13th February 2010, 06:54 PM
funny stuff Dotty.

OZgolf Mod
13th February 2010, 06:58 PM
The announcement made yesterday was clear. Personal abuse and related posts have been removed.

zigwah
13th February 2010, 07:03 PM
I truthfully missed that, was just joining the fun when the mum jokes started, is it in the announcements?

matty
13th February 2010, 07:08 PM
The announcement made yesterday was clear. Personal abuse and related posts have been removed.

Good stuff. Brings the whole site down and turns people away.

KristianJ
13th February 2010, 07:08 PM
lipping out birdie putts.
That sucks.

Had a couple of those this afternoon...one of them was half a second after some bloke on an adjacent tee let out some undecipherable yell after his tee shot presumably went the wrong way. I couldn't pull out of the stroke. To his credit though, he did apologise after I'd holed out, but in the end it was just an unfortunate coincidence.

Plus there was some social group playing (a few groups of 4), and they clearly had no idea at all about pitch mark repair. Every green was dotted with them.

Yossarian
13th February 2010, 07:21 PM
Making a 14 on a downwind par 5. **** you dolphin and **** you whale.

adlo
13th February 2010, 07:22 PM
Funny to watch though :lol:

AndyP
13th February 2010, 07:23 PM
I truthfully missed that, was just joining the fun when the mum jokes started, is it in the announcements?Yes, but it's at the top of every forum area and would have been in the new posts section.

Yossarian
13th February 2010, 07:24 PM
Funny to watch though :lol:

The fact that I managed to get the ball back in play only to then do what I did. Ah well I did it for the lulz.

:lol:

adlo
13th February 2010, 07:28 PM
I was proud I found your first drive sitting in that bush. I thought I was helping......

3oneday
13th February 2010, 07:29 PM

Good stuff. Brings the whole site down and turns people away.

How so ?

Yossarian
13th February 2010, 07:30 PM
I was proud I found your first drive sitting in that bush. I thought I was helping......

:lol: You did, I clearly overclubbed for the shot out of the bush. :lol:

zigwah
13th February 2010, 07:54 PM
Yes, but it's at the top of every forum area and would have been in the new posts section.

I don't read the portal area nor do i check posts in announcements very often sorry.

Ferrins
13th February 2010, 08:11 PM
F...ing mozzies.

Scoot
13th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Plus there was some social group playing (a few groups of 4), and they clearly had no idea at all about pitch mark repair. Every green was dotted with them.

Not sure if you can blame them.

Generally speaking, the reason they don't repair pitch marks is because they can't hit greens, and rarely make them.

AndyP
13th February 2010, 08:24 PM
I don't read the portal area nor do i check posts in announcements very often sorry.
Where do you read threads?

Dazza
13th February 2010, 08:24 PM

Just for you Zig.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/announcement.php?f=12

:roll:

KristianJ
13th February 2010, 08:27 PM

Generally speaking, the reason they don't repair pitch marks is because they can't hit greens, and rarely make them.

There were probably others during the day, I'd agree...though I did get a few glimpses of them taking approach shots and there were a couple of half decent ball strikers who could potentially hit greens.

Scoot
13th February 2010, 08:28 PM
There were probably others during the day, I'd agree...though I did get a few glimpses of them taking approach shots and there were a couple of half decent ball strikers who could potentially hit greens.

Please don't take my post to mean that I can hit greens.

razaar
13th February 2010, 08:36 PM

More the point, their mummy or their better half is not there cleaning up after them.

zigwah
13th February 2010, 10:59 PM
Just for you Zig.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/announcement.php?f=12

:roll:

Allready read it dazza, but thanx for pointing it out anyway

Russ
14th February 2010, 08:33 AM
Only things that annoy me are non-repaired pitch marks - I average about 5 repairs per green - and ball thieves. Simple rule: If it's not yours, don't touch it. I don't care who's around or where it is, if it is not yours, leave it be.

Only other annoyance is people that demand to be let through - fair enough if you're held up by extremely slow play, but chances are, the people you're waiting on are waiting on the group in front of them, whom are waiting on the group in front of them, and they're waiting on the group in front of them and so on. It's called golf, not speed-golf. Just because you decide to speed through with a cart doesn't mean you get to slow everyone else's day by pushing in front. Wait your turn like everyone else.

zigwah
14th February 2010, 08:38 AM
Have never had to let anyone through or ask to play through in a comp. my round yesterday was just a tad under 4 hours

PeteyD
14th February 2010, 08:37 PM
Some moron abusing us for slow play and being more than a hole behind, when the group in front was just in the trees left and well within hitting range. People can be dicks.

Eag's
14th February 2010, 08:41 PM
Pete, I am with you on this one, nothing gives me the shits more :smt013

Fraser
14th February 2010, 09:22 PM
i piss myself off playing golf some times.
when the planets are aligned & i smoke a longer than normal drive.
excitement wells inside me,
only to be extinguished by a totaly ****ed up 2nd shot.

zigwah
14th February 2010, 09:24 PM
i piss myself off playing golf some times.
when the planets are aligned & i smoke a longer than normal drive.
excitement wells inside me,
only to be extinguished by a totaly ****ed up 2nd shot.

that's one of the worst feeling sin the world, a smokin drive and a fat pitch.

Fraser
14th February 2010, 09:49 PM
zigwah
closely followed by landing on a par 3 green & then 3 putting:smt093