PDA

View Full Version : 2010 - What events are you planning on playing ? (And predictions)

Ned
12th February 2010, 12:42 PM
There is a lot of "1st Tee Activity" with short notice arranged games and apart from the OZgolf Champs no one has really forecasted any other playing programs.

So ?

OZgolf Champs

Match Plays

Club Champs

Major Events

Significant or Special Events

Community Events

Name your games!!!!!! (And predictions)

zigwah
12th February 2010, 01:05 PM
I'm only planning an assault on the club championships.

AndyP
12th February 2010, 01:06 PM
There's at least the McLeod Cup (Apr 17) and Nudgee Plate (Jun 20) to come for the SEQ gang. I take it as it comes and try to fit it around running races that I have planned.

I usually try to play the Easter Open tournament at Headland GC every year too.

AndyP
12th February 2010, 01:11 PM
Really?

56. Zig (pencil)

sms316
12th February 2010, 01:28 PM
To be honest I can't see myself playing too many events. Just not practical in my industry during the first year of employment.

Will play a few pennant matches, possibly the Keperra Bowl, and probably the Qld Mid-Amateur. Hopefully will manage to play a few AB events.

Club champs are a definite no-go with the format used at Redcliffe. Too many Saturdays for it to be practical.

AndyP
12th February 2010, 01:41 PM
Are you organising the McLeod Cup even though you're not playing?

sms316
12th February 2010, 01:42 PM
No.

Wouldn't have a clue whether I will play or not. Depends on work. Same goes for Nudgee.

just
12th February 2010, 01:46 PM
No.
That's not the Ozgolf Team Spirit!

Ned
12th February 2010, 05:00 PM
Are you organising the McLeod Cup even though you're not playing?

For the OZgolf "Major" events can they be put in the OZgolf Calendar (http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php) or are they subject to change because of where they are hosted ?

AndyP
12th February 2010, 05:03 PM
They can be put in the calendar. Perhaps the organisers will do that.

The regulars are Wynnum, McLeod, Nudgee and the Champs. Any others happen because there has been 16 OZgolfers playing.

Ned
12th February 2010, 05:16 PM
Sorry, do they get scheduled for the same or simlar dates each year ?

Lucasto23
12th February 2010, 05:21 PM
As many as i can get too;)

Ferrins
12th February 2010, 06:26 PM
[quote=Ned Kelly;442564]There is a lot of "1st Tee Activity" with short notice arranged games and apart from the OZgolf Champs no one has really forecasted any other playing programs.

Gailes Dingo 23/02/18

1/ Ferrins
2/
3/
4/

mike
12th February 2010, 07:11 PM
Millaa Millaa Open
City of Cairns
Ozgolf champs

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2010, 07:16 PM

That scares me.

Millaa Millaa Open
City of Cairns
Ozgolf champs

Wow. Millaa Millaa.

When I backpacked in 2001 I swam at the falls. The water was so cold it actually cured my hangover. It was a nice little spot.

zigwah
12th February 2010, 07:20 PM
There's at least the McLeod Cup (Apr 17) and Nudgee Plate (Jun 20) to come for the SEQ gang. I take it as it comes and try to fit it around running races that I have planned.

I usually try to play the Easter Open tournament at Headland GC every year too.

I don't play too well when i'm rotten drunk ;) definately getting a cart

Courty
12th February 2010, 07:57 PM
In order of priority:

OZgolf Champs
City of Cairns
Club Champs
A few other 36 hole tourneys at Cairns GC.

Millaa Millaa Open

:-k
When's this on?

AndyP
12th February 2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry, do they get scheduled for the same or simlar dates each year ?Yes. Within a couple of weeks of the same time each year.

Hux
12th February 2010, 11:31 PM
BV's Xmas breakup game at Brooky will be on my list.

henno
13th February 2010, 12:06 AM
BV's Xmas breakup game at Brooky will be on my list.

Me too. I look forward to shooting either 38 points or 18 points.

Hamo84
13th February 2010, 12:33 AM
Looking forward to playing in as many club comps at Gawler as I can this year and then see what happens from there, I may venture interstate next year for some of the Ozgolf events.

Grunt
13th February 2010, 09:31 AM
Aim is the champs but that does not look possible in the school holidays. So next aim is to get another game in somewhere sometime. Golf is a struggle to plan for at the moment.

shazza_rs
13th February 2010, 10:01 AM
school holidays... make is a family trip :)

Jarro
13th February 2010, 10:10 AM
Nudgee midweek Champs
OzGolf Champs
Possibly a few of the back tee marker days at Nudgee (last Thurs every month)

mike
13th February 2010, 12:56 PM
Millaa Millaa Open

:-k
When's this on?
Usually in September Courty.
I played the Dairy Farmers weekend last November. Never played there before but was overwhelmed by what a great little course it is and how welcoming and accommodating everybody was. We should have a Ozgolf day up there one Sunday.
Julie and Russell rave about Millaa and now I know why.

Wow. Millaa Millaa.

When I backpacked in 2001 I swam at the falls. The water was so cold it actually cured my hangover. It was a nice little spot.
Haha. Before I moved up this way (25 years ago) me and a few mates went on a road trip to Cairns and the tablelands. We went to Millaa falls and I took a running jump into the water at the falls. I'm sure the water was below freezing pont. And yes it cured my hangover that day too.

Courty
13th February 2010, 03:06 PM
Usually in September Courty.
I played the Dairy Farmers weekend last November. Never played there before but was overwhelmed by what a great little course it is and how welcoming and accommodating everybody was. We should have a Ozgolf day up there one Sunday.
Julie and Russell rave about Millaa and now I know why.

Put me down in pencil. ;) I have played at Millaa Millaa before, it's a pretty cool course when it's in good nick.

Haha. Before I moved up this way (25 years ago) me and a few mates went on a road trip to Cairns and the tablelands. We went to Millaa falls and I took a running jump into the water at the falls. I'm sure the water was below freezing pont. And yes it cured my hangover that day too.

Swimming in that water is madness, regardless of the time of the year.

Eag's
13th February 2010, 04:52 PM
Mcleod Cup
Nudgee Plate
Oz Golf Champs
Also as many other comps my roster allows.

Ned
2nd June 2010, 08:22 PM
Updates ?

Eag's
2nd June 2010, 08:37 PM
Well I didn't get to the Mcleod Cup due to work, I can't play the Nudgee Plate due to the Mega member rule change. So the next big day will be the Champs for me.

jaybam
2nd June 2010, 08:48 PM
Played the wynum cup. Am playing the nudgee plate. The game at horton park should be a major. And the champs