PDA

View Full Version : Back to a Mallet Putter

Pinglauncher
11th February 2010, 10:44 PM
With my golf rounds at the moment being few and far between and practice non existent putting with an Anser style seems hard work.

I am considering going back to a mallet style at least for the next 6 months until work settles down. Thoughts were ....

Odyssey Sabertooth
Rife Barbados
Ping Craze

Thoughts from those that have used any of the above

Lucasto23
11th February 2010, 10:50 PM
rife barbados is pretty hard to beat if you like the feel. It puts a great roll on the ball, heaps forgiving and can be had at a good price these days.

Ferrins
11th February 2010, 10:51 PM
I used the Rife Barbados until I realized that I'd rather suck at putting in style so switched to a Scotty.

petethepilot
11th February 2010, 11:39 PM
I have a Rife Barbados going cheap! ($100 plus postage) including headcover and lie adjustment tool!

Pete

Pinglauncher
12th February 2010, 06:35 AM
I have a Rife Barbados going cheap! ($100 plus postage) including headcover and lie adjustment tool!

Pete

Just saw the ad Pete, looks like centre shaft ??

CS and I do not get on :(

AlexMc
12th February 2010, 07:56 AM
I have found a Squareback is a reasonable solution between the two. It doesn't feel like a mallet, but it is easier to sit square than an Anser/Newport.

virge666
12th February 2010, 08:24 AM
Any of the Rossie putters are a good option.

White hot tour #5 is my favourite... if you want a cheap option - I have a Yes marylyn going very cheap in the proshop.

Jarro
12th February 2010, 08:27 AM
I have found a Squareback is a reasonable solution between the two. It doesn't feel like a mallet, but it is easier to sit square than an Anser/Newport.

I'm thinking about one of these as well 8-)

chappy1970
12th February 2010, 01:42 PM
I use a YES Victoria II and love it

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2010, 02:43 PM
I am loving the Ping Redwood Piper S that I got from Just. It puts such a beautiful roll on the ball.

It was only gamed as a temp club while my Scotty was getting pimped, but I think it is permanently in the bag.

just
12th February 2010, 03:04 PM
That is a nice putter, the one I've liked the best.